PetSmart
1,884 reviews

PetSmart Employee Reviews

Bather (Former Employee), Greer ScJuly 5, 2015
I learned how to trust in your coworkers and work as a team and also work independent. I brushed and bathed dogs. The best part of my job was learning about all the different types of breeds of dogs.
enjoyable yet stressful job
pet stylist (Current Employee), Danvers, MAJuly 4, 2015
Pros: benefits
Cons: care needs to be in place more
constant interaction with pets make the day go by faster.
the change of the new computer system is great but really slows our work down and our productivity
fun job; learn a lot.
CASHIER (Current Employee), EvanstonJuly 4, 2015
Pros: Puppies, good co-workers, good hours
Cons: Not a lot of part-time benefits.
A typical day at work for a cashier- you come to work, go to your register or go on the sales floor and help customers, do returns, or help speciality. If you're closing, you stay a bit later to help clean up. I learned so much about pets working here. You learn a lot. I also learned a lot about being a leader, because you do get the opportunities to lead the team in various ways. I love the management at my stores. It's definitely a lot of different personalities, and everyone's amazing in their own way. The managers are understanding, and give the associates opportunities to move up. The co-workers are good, too. They're all nice and will talk to you. The hardest part is remembering everything because it's alot of learning and it is a big store. When you get the hang of it, it's a pretty easy job. The most enjoyable part of the job is seeing all the puppies and sometimes they become regulars and you get to watch them grow and become adults and that's always fun. If you love animals, you will love this job
n/a
Support Manager (Current Employee), Evergreen Park,ilJuly 3, 2015
Fast pace, customer oriented, sale driven work experience with some attention to details. flexible work hours, depending on location.
Over all great, but a few minor personal issues.
Cashier, Petcare, and Past Pet Trainer (Current Employee), Houston, TXJuly 2, 2015
Pros: 3 breaks for 8 hours. Two 15's and one 30.
Cons: Pain to get full time.
Usually I just help the customers, make sure to keep up with the animals and making the store look good.
Most of the management is great, never had a problem. But I am having a few issues with a new manager.
The hardest part of the job is having to keep your head high when you have customers yelling at you. Which does not happen all the time, just every so often.
The best part of my job is the animals, and when the manager lets me organize things, differently.
Stocker (Former Employee), Greensboro, NCJuly 2, 2015
A typical day at petsmart involves assisting pet parents and interacting with animals. Learned about products in the store and maintain products. My managers are well organized and my coworkers are hard workers.
Amazing place of employment!!!
Seasonal Sales Associate/Cashier (Former Employee), Casselberry, FLJuly 2, 2015
I absolutely LOVED working here. My co-workers were great and so were my managers. Maybe the worst part about the job was cleaning up potty accidents from the animals that came in. During a typical day, I would run the front of the store which included mainly cashiering but also stocking and fronting the store and cleaning the front.
it's a ok place to work
Stocker (Former Employee), Harlingen, TXJuly 2, 2015
Cons: short breaks
Don't know why they put were hiring for stocker when we have enough already. It use to be a fun place to work at until they sold the company. It's a ok job to start at but not enough hours to get.
Enjoyed being around good people and great dogs
Volunteer (Former Employee), Palmdale, CAJuly 1, 2015
Pros: Free lunches, work experiance
Cons: cleaning up after the dogs
My day starts by unloading each dog one by one, taking them to use the restroom.about every hour, talking ing to potential owners whom would be interested in by adopting a dog. feeding and supplying the dogs with water. And the breaks we fantasic we would have lots of great food brought in to us for the staff to enjoy before we were sent back to work. i love the environment i worked in the dogs as well
Terrible service
Cashier (Former Employee), Miami, FLJuly 1, 2015
Pros: long lunches
Cons: no breaks
a typical day at work is hectic and short staff. I learned to deal with ignorant customers and rude staff members. Management is terrible their always slow. The coworkers are rude and the hardest part of the job is getting help on the register. The most enjoyable part of the job is getting off.
Productive and fun workplace. Get to see a lot of different animals
Groomer (Current Employee), Glen Burnie, MDJuly 1, 2015
A typical day at work includes grooming dogs scheduled for me, answering phones, cleaning, helping customers that walk in. I've learned a lot about dogs and their needs. My co-workers make the job enjoyable, we work well as a team. The hardest part of the job is the stress level and knowing how to handle it. Also trying to avoid being bit by dogs. The best part would be working with people that make the job fun and also getting to play with puppies/dogs that come in.
Productive and fun work place
Pet Care Associate (Former Employee), Houston, TXJuly 1, 2015
Always come to work happy with a smile on my face, constantly greeting customers, providing assistance and any help needed to the customers. Learned new things about all types of animals, every day I went to work and new experiences by caring for them myself.
Terrible
Salon Manager (Former Employee), Foothill Ranch, CAJune 30, 2015
Pros: Health benefits
Cons: Short breaks, working on weekends, poor upper management skills
Petsmart overall as a company is not bad, however upper management issues cause problems in the company to trickle down, communication and responsibility of store managers sets the tone of the entire store, many pets arts vary so much from store to store. A lot of store manager from Office Depot especially in the south Orange County district are terrible. A typical day at work may be constitute a write upabout Something pity. I learned grooming as a valuable trade, however there are people like every where else that aim to cause drama. The hardest part of the job as salon manager was trying to coach everyone and still have mounds of stuff to do on my plate. The most enjoyable part was seeing my associates succeed and the life of the animals be influenced for the better
Productive and Fun Place to Work
Cashier/Pet Trainer (Former Employee), Jackson, MSJune 30, 2015
Very Fun Place to work were you can bring your Pets! Pet training was Exciting! Training lots of different dogs and yet this company is very rewarding. Lots of opportunity for growth!
Productive and love taking care of pets
Bather (Former Employee), Dublin, OHJune 30, 2015
Pros: they don't fire people for things they should be fired for
Cons: kinda flexible
If you love pets and can put up with hectic surroundings, Petsmart is the place for you. You get to wash, dry, and brush dogs. You also have to stop what your doing and take care of walk-in nail trims or brushings. You as a bather are on the bottom of the totem pole. Overall you work your butt off for not great pay, and work full time with not benefits. Other wise I would love working for Petsmart.
Petsmart
Pet Care Associate (Former Employee), Jacksonville, FLJune 30, 2015
good company to work for. high energy needed for the weekends. management was great and accepting. allowed to have tattoos and piercings no colored hair
Great place to work for short term
Petcare associate (Current Employee), Brownsville, TXJune 30, 2015
Pros: Great to work with most of the employees you can learn alot and the animals are always a plus.
When I first started I was ecstatic working with animals has always been my dream job. I've been with this company 4yrs and counting and some days I just want to break everything and quit the only reason I stay is because they pay me just enough to keep coming back.

Cons.
The work is very demanding for little pay, the hours are awful no set schedule 4 to 5 hour swifts if you were lucky some weeks were good others bad seemed the only way to get more hours was to kiss the management butt. Most of the management pretend to be nice then talk bad about you behind your back. Full of drama and very unprofessional and if you speak your mind or try to defend yourself your hours would be cut. Not to mention management thinking they're so high and mighty because they're the only ones with full-time. Some of the costumers can be very rude not caring for the well being of the animals they claim to care for.
great company good benefits
presentation manager (Former Employee), Visalia, CAJune 29, 2015
Pros: benefits
Cons: long hours
loved this company. my managers were always understanding and great motivators...associates were usually very hard working.
Fun workplace
Petcare/Stock/Cashier Associate (Former Employee), Quakertown, PAJune 29, 2015
Pros: Work with fish
Cons: Don't use degree as much
Enjoyable. Need to find something I can use my degree. I loved working with everyone but I want to branch out and actually use my degree. Learning about all the animals was a good start. I love the science aspect of petcare.
Good first job
Lead Pet Products Associate (Former Employee), Spring Hill, FLJune 29, 2015
Was a good job, it is fun working with this customer base. The downside was it took forever to get a decent promotion, and they don't always promote from within they will skip a well qualified individual within the company to hire from the outside

1 2 3 4 5

About PetSmart

PetSmart, Inc. is a specialty provider of products, services and solutions for the lifetime needs of pets. The Company has identified – Read more

PetSmart Salaries