PetSmart

PetSmart Employee Reviews

Found 2,177 reviews matching the search
Great for school schedule
Cashier/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Marion, INFebruary 9, 2016
The pay was great, and the company works with your schedule especially if you're in school. Management was great, and every day was a competition to see who "rocked" the best. Hardest part of the job for me were the summer days with no air conditioner in a factory!
Worst job I've ever had!
Former dog bather (Former Employee) –  Norwalk, CTFebruary 9, 2016
If there was an option for zero stars I would definitely put it. First off when I applied at PetSmart, I applied for the cashier position. I was trained on the register for one day and never went back on, they moved me to the grooming salon as a dog bather. I was told that way I can get more hours. This was all a lie! I was given 25 hours a week which barley paid my car payment.
The salon manager was the worst, she didn't know how to manage anything, except a dog.
As a bather I had to bath the dogs that was scheduled to me plus do the walk in services, even while no one else was doing anything. They just stood there and watched me struggle.
I was new so of course I didn't fit in with their "click". I felt so left out and unwelcomed.
When I tried asking the store manager if I can get out of the grooming salon, he got really frustrated with me and forced me to stay there. He told me if I don't want to work the salon then he's going to have to let me go, EVEN THOUGH WHEN I APPLIED FOR THE JOB IT WASN'T FOR THE SALON, I say this again, I applied for the cashier position.
I really hated this place and was very miserable. Dog bather do not get enough credit and aren't treated well.
Pros
Lunch
Cons
Pay, management, unprofessional
Productive and fun place to work
Stock Associate (Current Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVFebruary 8, 2016
Great management team. I enjoy the friendly customers. I work with a great staff. I learned a lot about different pet products and brands.
Cons
Prefer more hours
Good job for college students that don't mind getting their hands dirty.
PT Pet Care Specialist (Current Employee) –  Chesapeake, VAFebruary 8, 2016
I enjoy working at PetSmart, I just don't like the fact that we've switched over to a sales-based company... and one of the managers is AGGY. Other than that, it's great!
Pros
scheduling, learning experience, great co-workers, animal interaction
Cons
sales-based, one irritating manager, rude customers
I love the compant but the management is what killed it
Petcare Specialist (Current Employee) –  Downers Grove, ILFebruary 7, 2016
I love animals and working here was so amazing, I loved coming to work every day but I can't stand the managers and how clueless and hot/cold they are. They didn't understand the care that went into the animals and I've been yelled at for doing my job and taking care of the animals, but not something unimportant like pricing merchandise.
Pros
Working with the animals
Fun workplace
Bather (Former Employee) –  Flowood, MSFebruary 7, 2016
Bathing dogs and grooming, Easy to get along with co-workers. Management was a little sloppy. Overall nice and welcoming co-workers
Always exciting
Pet Care Associate (Former Employee) –  Spokane Valley, WAFebruary 6, 2016
Despite some of the uneventful duties of cleaning several things, I had fun either perfecting my work or meeting new people and animals to assist. Everyday I worked there, I learned something interesting and new.
Pros
Friendly people and animals.
Cons
I wish I could have worked there more often and longer.
I enjoyed assisting customers
Lead Cashier (Former Employee) –  Topeka, KSFebruary 6, 2016
I liked the job functions but the managers at that time were inappropriate in their comments to some of my younger, pretty staff members.
Fun place to work with wonderful environment.
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Gainesville, FLFebruary 6, 2016
I loved working at Petsmart. It was a wonderful experience where I got to work around animals and learn new things everyday about animals. My supervisors and coworkers were really friendly and nice. We all worked well as a team.
Pros
Working with animals
Overall, it's just not worth it
Cashier/Sales Associate/Customer Service (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GAFebruary 6, 2016
Working at Petsmart really is just too demanding for the compensation. You make slightly above minimum wage but do a lot of work. Ultimately, it's okay for a part time job while in high school or college.
Pros
Animals
Cons
Everything else
Good job
Pet Care Specialist & Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Nampa, IDFebruary 5, 2016
It was a fun job but my hours were randomly drastically cut, forcing me to quit. Plus, there were NEW people making more money than I did and that upset me. I miss working there though, it was so positive and my coworkers wonderful.
Pros
Fun job, positive atmosphere
Cons
hours suck during holidays and will randomly be cut
Awesome place full of animals
Stylist (Former Employee) –  Tempe, AZFebruary 5, 2016
I honestly loved working in the grooming salon. Every day was a new experience and the dogs made it a lot of fun going to work. Just be sure to separate your work like from your personal life in close work spaces like these :)
Pros
too many to list
Cons
could compare it to high school
Great environment; good co-workers and management
Systems Analyst III (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZFebruary 5, 2016
PetSmart is a great place to work. They understand the meaning of family and the importance of life balance, They have a wonderful charities team that puts a strong love of animals' before profit. They care about their customers and continue to improve the ease of the customer experience both in stores and on-line. The associates are great and have a very high work ethic.
Staring as a entry level developer, there was much advancement and a commitment for associate's growth.
I was able to make a very large impact within the company for both our customers and my fellow co-workers.
successful and customer focused enviroment
Dog Groomer (Former Employee) –  Vancouver, WAFebruary 4, 2016
I loved working here! I especially loved being able to provide complete grooming services for my clients, as well as being able to accommodate every individual pets needs within a timely manner!
Pros
successful customer service
Cons
store manager was not experienced in all areas of the workplace
Good and bad experiance on the job
Stock Associate / Pet Care Associate (Former Employee) –  Harlem, NYFebruary 3, 2016
I only have a good day when their was a specific manager and other team members present. I learn the right way on how to take care the aquatic animals and how to approach a dog the correct way. The most enjoyable part of the day was when it was time to clock out and get away from all the pettiness and childish behavior certain managers were giving off.
Pros
Close to home and discounts on animal food etc...
Cons
Unconsistent management
Very stressfull
Petsmart Dog Bather (Current Employee) –  Waldorf, MDFebruary 3, 2016
working to keep the animals clean but also safe is not so easy. you must get them completely clean but also safe. And also stay on top of answering phone calls and keeping the customers happy when coming into the grooming salon
Energetic and fun place to work.
Professional Bather (Current Employee) –  Chico, CAFebruary 1, 2016
I am a professional bather on a typical day at work I check to see how many dogs I have scheduled. I proceed to check in the appointed dogs and commence my work. I do the dogs nails, bath, drying, and clean their ears. There are a lot of different bath packages that I have to know how to do off the top of my head. I also assist my coworker in achieving their goals. I have learned more about time management on this job. Also how to rise to the occasion when nothing is going to plan and you have to figure out how you are going to complete your work on time and to the level of excellence you expect of yourself. I have gained more experience dealing with dogs of all types and breeds. I enjoy my coworkers we all help each other on a daily basis. The hardest part of this job is how back breaking the work is I get a lot of large breed dogs so a huge portion of my day is bent over washing/drying them. Another difficult part is dealing with rude customers. The most enjoyable part of my job is working with dogs. Getting return customers who are kind and appreciative of how hard I work for them.
Pros
Puppies, sweet dogs, tips.
Cons
Back pain and rude customers
Fun and Fast Paced Environment
Dog Bather (Current Employee) –  Alabaster, ALFebruary 1, 2016
I have learned a lot about caring for dogs and more about dogs in general. I thoroughly enjoy my co workers as they make the environment that much more fun to be in. The most enjoyable part of the job is being around all the dogs and their unique personalities. The hardest part of the job would be time management, as there is always a lot to be done.
Petsmart
Dog Trainer (Former Employee) –  Jupiter, FLFebruary 1, 2016
I loved the company, the method of training I was shown to use and the belief system behind it. The company provided me with great experience into the training world.
great coworkers
Bather (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CAJanuary 30, 2016
I worked along side some great people and even had some great managers that worked with you and tried their best to work out a fair schedule.
Pros
got to work with some great dogs
Cons
some dogs would try to bite you