PetSmart Employee Reviews in United States

Found 2,803 reviews matching the search
Good
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Oceanside, CAMay 21, 2016
Good people. Good hours. Nice location. Good training. Team work is great. Management is understanding and accepting. Adorable dogs and they provide great training.
Pros
works with your schedule
Cons
sometimes little time given for big tasks
Animals are great
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Northville, MIMay 20, 2016
To some up this job, it's amazing. Being with animals all day every day is probably the greatest thing in the world. I love seeing them all, they all put a smile on my face. I don't mind helping people at all especially since I got to know Petsmart so I actually know a bunch about the products in the store.. I'd say the hardest part about the job is stocking dog food or cat litter. It gets a little heavy but you just have to deal with it. But most of all being with the animals is what makes this job so incredible.
Cons
no health insurance, dont get paid enough
Guess their better than petco!
Bather/Groomer (Former Employee) –  Lawrenceville, GAMay 20, 2016
They could be better if they would treat the animals decent!

Had to leave because of the behind the scene abuse towards the dogs!

Advise people all the time, please do not go there for the baths and grooming!!

Their only good for their pet supplies!
Pros
PET SUPPLIES ARE THE TOP NOTCH!
Cons
BEHIND THE SCENE GROOMING, HOTEL, BATHING, ETC ARE CRUEL!
Friendly co-workers and you always get to play with pets
Pet Hotel Specialist (Former Employee) –  Aliso Viejo, CAMay 20, 2016
If you love animals, PetSmart is a great place to work. It's mostly like any other big company regarding pay and benefits, but the scheduling is pretty flexible, the environment is mostly laid back and happy.

You learn a lot about products and programs for all types of animals, and if you work as a groomer or PetsHotel associate, you learn more about animal care, first aid, and emergency procedures.

I believe the management does their best, but you can't keep all of the people happy all the time.

My co-workers are friendly and helpful and passionate about their job.

It's a very physically demanding job. You're definitely tired after your shift, but the shift is fun, and goes by fast.

The best part of the job is the animals, they make it a great job.
Pros
Fun, friendly, laid back environment. The animals make you always go home happy
Cons
I think they should definitely pay more because most of the staff is great.
Very fun place to work lots to learn
customer engagment leader/ petcare manager (Former Employee) –  Bellingham, MAMay 17, 2016
Being a manager at PetSmart really taught me how to balance Pet parents ,associates and my work load. PetSmart taught me how to couch in a positive way , making my associates feel they also mattered. Hardest part of day would be dealing with the sick animals very heartbreaking. Most enjoyable taken and angry Pet Parent and making them very happy in the end.
Productive and beneficial
Petcare Associate (Current Employee) –  Greensboro, NCMay 17, 2016
Petsmart is a very nice company to work for. Managers are really there to help make your life easier and want to hear your concerns and questions. I have learned so much over the year I have been there. My skills with animals, customer engagement and service have increased greatly.
Pros
Educational, improve skills
Cons
Low pay
Could be a great place to work, my particular store was not
Stylist (Former Employee) –  South Bend, INMay 17, 2016
A typical day at my store was filled with threats and drama that ensued as a result of management. co-workers would steal your equipment, steal your appointments (which means you made less money), sometimes you were not given a lunch, but working with pet parents could be rewarding.
Pros
Sometimes you got to interact with really fun parents and pups
Cons
shorts breaks, if you got them at all, management constantly threatening your job security, overbooking appointments or taking them away as punishment, made you work even when injured, safety procedures were not followed, you were scheduled during your times of unavailability
Fun
proper customer service (Former Employee) –  Gaithersburg, MDMay 16, 2016
Was a fun place to work at. Management was great always seem to look out for you. I would work here again. They encourage entrepreneurship and allow limit growth.
Pros
working with animals
Cons
The benefits
Depends on the location and management
Accredited Dog Trainer/ PetHotel Associate (Former Employee) –  Woodbridge, VAMay 15, 2016
I have worked at three locations and they were all very different. One location was okay, the store manager was good, the PetHotel manager was horrible and always had a bad attitude. Another location was awesome fun people, great management. Then there was a terrible one, the breaks were limited, they wouldn't give me time off for a family member that passed away. I was the dog trainer and I wanted to cancel my classes one day so I could go to my aunt's funeral and they said they would just let the other trainer teach them. I had worked at Petsmart for over 3 years at this point and had transferred here and was supposed to be replacing the trainer that they wanted to have cover my class. This trainer never left though and they never let me feel welcome. They were demeaning and wouldn't let me schedule my classes like I had previously done. Just a really horrid experience. That said, the two other ones I worked for were good. One was excellent and I loved going to work, so it really is dependent upon staff.The location listed is the best one I worked for.
Pros
Pets
Cons
pay is low, you can reach a cap and never get another raise.
I love this job...
Pet Stylist / Bather (Former Employee) –  Bedford, TX and Port Saint Lucie, FLMay 14, 2016
... for reasons that this job didn't produce. I loved working with the animals, and I loved taking care of them and the customers, but the amount of stress in this establishment was overwhelming to the point I was physically suffering from it.
Pros
Commission pay, request clients, experience
Cons
Horrible management, lack of safety procedures, terrible communication
Great
Bather (Former Employee) –  Tucker, GAMay 13, 2016
All of the pets are in foster homes. Royal Potcake Rescue brings their pets to Petsmart to help potential pet owners choose which cat or dog is right for them.
Wonderful place to work
Petcare Supervisor (Former Employee) –  McDonough, GAMay 11, 2016
I enjoyed everything about my career with petsmart. Lots of growth opportunity for advancement. Always active and never duel.
Great
orderfill (Former Employee) –  Tolleson, AZMay 10, 2016
The job itself wasn't hard and the people there were nice. It pays very well and the up management was good to everyone and was very friendly
Lovely Place to Work
Stocker/Cashier (Current Employee) –  Glen Burnie, MDMay 10, 2016
Quit my other job after starting here. The staff is so friendly and everyone is really easygoing. They taught me how to stock, cashier, and gave me options to take up grooming or training. They really put what you want into consideration and have many opportunities to move up in the food chain.
Pros
nice people, good pay
Cons
not many hours
Not the greatest place to work at
Cashier, Customer (Former Employee) –  Green Bay, WIMay 10, 2016
I really am not one to bash places on public media sites, so I am not going to go into it, all I'm going to say is they could treat the employees' better there and management should not get their act together otherwise they will keep losing the amount of employees' like they are.
Pros
Good pay if you are a starting student
Cons
Terrible management and staff, no benefits
Fun atmosphere
Pet Care Associate (Current Employee) –  Plainfield, INMay 9, 2016
Management at my location is great! They understand the employees weaknesses and strengths and make sure they reward those who go the extra mile. I have only been an employee here for short time, but I am determined to go further in this corporation. The customers are great and I have already made many friends!
A day at the slowest petsmart
Cashier (Current Employee) –  Round Rock, TXMay 9, 2016
Will fill out later. At a Diffrent Time. asdad asdaf awawe. Duties: Cash register operations, sales assistance, merchandise stocking and pricing, customer service

and product knowledge recommendations.
Overall it is an alright job to work at to first start out on.
Professional Dog Stylist (Former Employee) –  Latham, NYMay 9, 2016
Working at Petsmart is a very fast pace for work there is always something to do. there are a lot of good customers and some employees that come go to the store and they make work very enjoyable. There i have learned how to manage my time and also interacting with what the customer needs and wants. The management that i received at my store was good but there were other managers where i saw they did nothing at all but sit in the office or hangout. The co-workers were very lazy due to the new generation of kids that do not have the ambition to do anything at all. They think that everything should be handed to them. The hardest part of the jobs that are there is that you do have some rude customers and also the managers do not actually manage (some). The best part about working there if you are a people person is that the customer base is awesome i have interacted with some amazing people and learned new things off of them. There is always room for expanding you're knowledge.
Fun job, great people to work with
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Bellingham, WAMay 8, 2016
I loved working at PetSmart. There was an open door policy, so anything that needed to be taken care of as far as management went was always taken care of. It was a fun environment and fun work.
fun place to work
bather/customer service (Former Employee) –  Warner Robins, GAMay 7, 2016
A typical day of work at petsmart consisted of a lot of cleaning. With all the dogs coming in and out of the salon, keeping the store clean was number one with customer service.
Pros
Happy dogs and happy customers
Cons
dangerous at times.