PetSmart
1,797 reviews

PetSmart Employee Reviews

Work place environment was fun, caring and productive.
Sales Associate (Current Employee), Yuba City, CAMay 25, 2015
petsmart is a great place to work! Everyone including the customers are wonderful to be around. Management cares about your well being and development.Fellow associates all work as a team and are outgoing. Customers are always welcomed with smiles and give them right back.
Tough spot
Store Manager (Current Employee), New YorkMay 25, 2015
Pros: Great quality of life and were able to live mission statement
Cons: Change in ownership had quickly eroded all confidence in the new leadership.
This was a great place to work for a long time. The former executives put a lot in place to actually live the mission that they wanted, which is rare in this industry. The metrics were tough but obtainable. They rewarded well those who performed, and performed consistently. Under the new ownership, there is a lot of concern regarding the direction they are taking the company. The culture of CARE is out the window, and replaced with the typical micromanagement. While there were areas to improve, the Payless-ification of the company will be its downfall.
Fast pace and fun job
Pet Care Specialist (Former Employee), Aliso Viejo, CAMay 22, 2015
Pros: Picked the hours I wanted
Cons: Minimum Wage
Being a Pet Care Specialist was my first official job. It was very fast pace, always having something that needed to be done. This pace allowed for shifts to go by quickly, and kept me active because I was always doing multiple things. This job strengthened my skills of multi-tasking, communication with customers and coworkers, time management, and problem-solving.
Good College job, not long term.
Pet Care Specialist (Current Employee), Florence, KYMay 22, 2015
Pros: the Animals and people
Cons: little benefits and few hours
Very little employees get 40 hours a week. Not a great job for long term. Best part of the job is my coworkers. My typical day was consumer service.
Fun Friendly people
Animal caregiver (Former Employee), Woodbridge, VAMay 22, 2015
I worked as a dog bather, love animals. I was able to meet the pets owners and created a bond with each dog. I answered phones and made appointments. The groomers were very friendly and very helpfull
While it was a rewarding job, I also found with the current management. Way to much favoritism and people acting like managers.
Pet care (Former Employee), Chicago, ILMay 22, 2015
Management was like a revolving door. No real interest in their job and worried too much about personal things and showed way too much favoritism towards others. Way too many young kids being managers with no real grasp on life If they didn't like you, you knew it. And it showed. They had a funny way of totally disrespecting you! And seemed to have a hard time even remembering your name.It was a click! The hardest part of the job was having to let it go. I loved it despite it all. The most enjoyable part was the animals I got to know and their pet parents.
Fun and interactive with customers
Support Manager (Current Employee), Modesto, CAMay 21, 2015
Petsmart is a good place to work for. The hardest part of the job is dealing with frustrated customers but there is always a solution! It is so fun to see dog's and other pets come in. It helped take a lot of stress out of the day!
Enjoyable place to work
Senior Vendor Operations Analyst (Current Employee), Phoenix, AZMay 21, 2015
Great place to work where people have been number 1 for the last decade. Recently the culture is changing as the company has been purchased by private equity
good start into retail world and great for animal lovers
cashier (Former Employee), findlayMay 20, 2015
Pros: Animals, fun workplace, nice coworkers (usually)
Cons: Stubborn managers, stubborn customers, retail pay and hours.
The place has typical job drama but things are difficult with recent company by outs. The training is not as good as it used to be and most associates are now only part time. Coverage was difficult and some of the managers were tough to deal with. You can try to share information with them when you know something is being done wrong, but in their mind they have been doing this longer and will always know more. But I did love working with the people there and learned a lot about animal care and animal training. You do have to clean up messes left behind by people and their pets. But working with the animals, to me, is well worth it. The pay is horrible, but that is retail part time for you.
treats employees poorly
Pet Care Associate/ Sales Associate (Current Employee), Melbourne, FLMay 20, 2015
For a kid living at home with no responsibilities this may be a fun place to work. If you live in the real world and have responsibilities this is a very low paying job that never gives you enough hours. Not only do they not care about the employees the animal care is very poor.
Caring place to work with living creatures
PetsHotel Night Pet Care Specialist (Former Employee), McKinney, TXMay 19, 2015
A very good place to work that is understanding with the needs of their employees. Greatest part about the job is that we were able to work hand in hand with the animals.
A good first time job for dog lovers
Pet Care Specialist (Former Employee), Tukwila, WAMay 19, 2015
Pros: Flexible Schedule, Friendly environment
Cons: Dirty work
If you love dogs, aren't squeamish around excretions and don't mind janitorial work, this could be a great chance to learn about proper dog handling techniques and knowledge about pet behavior. Not only that but also plenty of my favorite part: cuddling and playing with pooches. My co-workers were great and I still have contact with them even after leaving. Management could have been a bit better at keeping equity in the workspace, but were very friendly and approachable.
Don't Do It
Cashier (Current Employee), MultipleMay 19, 2015
Pros: 15% discount
Cons: Short unpaid breaks, low pay, little opportunity for promotion
PetSmart can be a great place to work with a good team. Unfortunately, I have been unable to find great management. They dont care about who you are and your life. They want to increase their numbers so they can get their bonus. The company was just purchased by a large corporation that specializes in consolidation so I am not sure where the future of PetSmart stands.
lousy if you're a stockworker
Stock keeper / Cashier (Former Employee), monroeMay 18, 2015
Pros: Most of the people were nice
Cons: lousy pay and high worker expectations
Upper management does not care about you. I worked the night before thanksgiving from 9pm to 6am Thanksgiving morning. This meant I spent a good portion of the holiday sleeping. Plus I didn't get any extra pay. Then they expected me to work black Friday 6am to 9am. Horrible job if you're a stockworker.
an awesome place to be employed
Bather (Current Employee), Greensboro, NCMay 18, 2015
Pros: good hours, awesome workers
Cons: hourly pay
PetSmart is great, the workers are nice and the hours are flexible. I really do enjoy working here I get to be around animals which is what I love and want to do with my life. My career goal is to work at a Vet Hospital and working at PetSmarts grooming salon is preparing me for my career.
Love making pets clean and people happy
Groomer Trainee (Current Employee), East Hanover, NJMay 18, 2015
Pros: worked with animals for years
Cons: need more time learning how to groom based on time management
I have worked with animals for 30 years and willing to learn more in detail when grooming pets. I am a very responsible hard working person and can have a out going personality with co-workers. I am still learning as a groomer but very eager to work with someone if given the chance.
Productive and fun place to work
Cashier (Former Employee), Kansas City, MOMay 18, 2015
Working at Pets Mart was a fun and yet eventful experience. Various animals and pet parents . While being a cashier with the company i was given to opportunity to become more acquainted wit pets as a whole which gave me a broader horizon of understanding them.
Pet lovers
Lead Cashier and Petcare Specialist (Former Employee), Ontario, CAMay 17, 2015
Great training for newly hires. Pet friendly environment to any and all pets. Reasonable work hours and locations with opportunity to transfer between cities and nationwide.
very fun work place
Lead Cashier/ Pet Trainer/ Bather/ Petcare (Current Employee), Round Rock, TXMay 17, 2015
Pros: people, working with animals
Cons: rude custmers
I loved Working at Petsmart. You got to work in a family environment were the people around you would help you with anything. It was always to me like working with family to help other families.
fun place to work
Lead Associate (Former Employee), Merrillville, INMay 16, 2015
Pros: great place to work for
Cons: pay
wish the pay was better I would have stayed forever. Fun environment, they stick to protocol, they care about the animals just as much as the numbers and the employees.

1 2 3 4 5

About PetSmart

PetSmart, Inc. is a specialty provider of products, services and solutions for the lifetime needs of pets. The Company has identified – Read more

PetSmart Salaries