PetSmart Employee Reviews

Found 3,428 reviews matching the search
Customer Service
Associate (Current Employee) –  Colorado Springs, COFebruary 22, 2017
My job is pretty much customer service and making sure associates are where they are supposed to be at any given time. I do enjoy working there. My coworkers are awesome and customers are friendly.
Fun place to work
Receptionist / Dog Bather/ Cashier (Former Employee) –  Staten Island, NYFebruary 22, 2017
I loved what I did ! Definitely a lot of fun and can get a little stressful when overbooked but the dogs make it fun and interesting.
Cons
Favoritism
Fun but not easy to get a promotion
Manager (Current Employee) –  Paragould, ARFebruary 22, 2017
Promotions are hard to come by. You are never "ready" to be promoted. It is a great company to work for though. Very fun and eventful.
Customer service is the only thing that matters and taking care of the animals.
Pet care associate/cashier/dog bather/stocker (Former Employee) –  Wilkesboro, NCFebruary 21, 2017
Customer service, cashier, pet care associate, dog bather, stocker. Got things that customers needed, answered any questions, took care of the dogs and other animals that were there. Make sure everything is stocked and all shelves looked good and items were rotated properly. Being short handed really made for a long day but the job always got done.
Pros
Animals, customer service
Cons
Being part time, no insurance
fun place to work
Customer Pet Care Specialist (Former Employee) –  Arlington, TXFebruary 21, 2017
I loved working there because I love animals and always begin able to play with them everyday is fun I learned a lot working there it give you great customer service skills
Met a lot of wonderful people
Official New Year's Eve Celebration (Former Employee) –  Syracuse, NYFebruary 21, 2017
Plan and implement awareness creating programs to reach out to potential customers.

Indulge in outreach programs to involve existing customers into the company’s offerings.

Work with the sales and marketing departments to understand the company’s goals and missions.

Develop marketing ideas and record and maintain client preferences.

Increase awareness, create a specific image, generate sales opportunities and build customer preference.
Good work environment
Retail Manager (Former Employee) –  Omaha, NEFebruary 21, 2017
I was a manager of many different areas of the store. I primarily worked with trucks and the stocking of the store. I had so many different duties in this job.
Fun workplace, interesting days
Customer Service associate (Current Employee) –  Council Bluffs, IAFebruary 20, 2017
Kind of boring since I would be on register providing customer care most of the days I worked, I did learn a lot about certain animals and got to know quite a few interesting people. Management was alright and they did do a lot for customers. The most enjoyable parts of the job was getting to know customers and their pets.
Pros
Meet interesting people, find things needed for pets
Cons
Short breaks, not enough breaks, not allowed off register most of the time
Great company to work for.
Pet Care Manager (Former Employee) –  West Palm Beach, FLFebruary 20, 2017
I thoroughly enjoyed working for this company. They were fair, honest, and promoted from within. I worked for them in both Florida and South Carolina.
Pros
Fair, honest, fun work environment, lots of perks.
Cons
PETA, upset customers, not a lot of cons.
This store gives Petsmart a Bad Rep.
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Killeen, TXFebruary 20, 2017
I was not happy working for this store. The management was a joke. People in their 30's & 40's trying to be "cool" and hang out with the high school kids working there. Poor training, how is one to know how to do something if not properly trained.
Pros
I worked with the Animals
Cons
productive workplace fast paced enviroment.
Cashier (Current Employee) –  Hickory, NCFebruary 20, 2017
Management is good. All the employees get along great. It was a good place to work and I would recommend it to anybody looking for part time work. It would get busy and fast paced.
Pros
christmas party every year
Cons
occasionally heavy lifting.
A great workplace
Assortment Analyst-Hardgoods Division (Current Employee) –  Phoenix, AZFebruary 20, 2017
Great people and company. Although the culture has definitely changed since the company went private, I still believe in this company and what it stands for.
Wonderful Work Environment
Cashier/Pet Care Associate (Current Employee) –  Dubuque, IAFebruary 19, 2017
PetSmart truly cares about the quality of their product and the care of the animals they sell, as well as the satisfaction of their customers and their employees. Each day working here I never had a problem voicing my opinion or feeling like I was being punished for going out of my way to make a customer happy. All of the people that work within this store wanted to be there and had the company's motto at heart.
Pros
Kind coworkers
Cons
short breaks
PetSmart Summary
Cashier (Current Employee) –  Lake Mary, FLFebruary 18, 2017
Working at PetSmart was not what I thought it would be. However, it has taught me a lot as far as working with the public goes. It's rewarding to help a pet parent find the right product for their furry friend.
Pros
Paid 30 minute break, flexible with days/times I could work, getting to see animals
Cons
Management, not enough hours
Used to be a great place to work for Petsmart cared about employees
Assist all customers (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLFebruary 18, 2017
The first few years were informative and Petsmart was a great company to work for. I had exceptional managers and was promoted quickly. The last couple years i worked for Petsmart became very sad. Petsmart started firing long time managers at all stores and was sold to an investment corporation that changed how well Petsmart did business.
Pros
great benefits
Cons
no training
Never again
Pet Groomer (Former Employee) –  North Bergen, NJFebruary 17, 2017
I honestly loved working here because of the clients. However the employees in the grooming salon, only know what they are taught from corporate. Petsmart is a self taught corporate business and they do not teach the basics of every breed or healthy animal care to their salon employees. The grooming staff is very uneducated and gives a lot of false information to clients.
Working retail is not that bad
Cashier Associate (Former Employee) –  Downey, CAFebruary 16, 2017
Able to handle heavy call volume. Make appointments. answer product questions. cash register skills. follow certain policies and procedures.
Pros
employee discount
Fast paced environment requiring proficiency in all encounters
Manager (Current Employee) –  Bakersfield, CAFebruary 16, 2017
A typical day work day involves being able to adapt to the rushed demands of completing clerical and operational tasks, handling customer needs, researching and troubleshooting options when errors or situations arise, and always remaining positive. Over the years I have gained many skills with this company. Time management, prioritizing tasks, and leading and inspiring a team of 10-12 associates are some of the most challenging, yet rewarding, skills obtained. I have worked closely with my co-managers to foster a productive workplace that meets the metrics set out for our individual store. This required adapting to different methods to reach our ever changing store focuses-i.e. conversion rates and store sales. During my employment with this company I excelled at meeting the expectations of clientele. It is the most enjoyable part of this position, as I thrive in the ability to satisfy the customers' demands. The most difficult part of the position arose when the company combined two management positions into one. This junction required me to manage two departments ensuring that day to day operations were met per policy, all while setting an example and expectation for delivering optimal customer service to meet store goals. Furthermore, I am responsible for processing shipments, overlooking all paperwork for accuracy, and assisting to the needs of the organizations that partnered with our company. Overall, it has been a great experience working with this company. However, I am eager to explore other career fields with the skills I have obtained.
Pros
Work closely with a team that helps to develop skills
Cons
Not enough employees
It's PAWsome!
Replenishment Analyst (Current Employee) –  Phoenix, AZFebruary 16, 2017
Great place to work and learn some fundamentals. Have learned a lot and had freedom to control my career. Great environment where you can pause and take a puppy break (i.e. find a puppy to pet for a few minutes).
Pros
Schedule flexibility
Cons
Shifting strategies and priorities
Great education and structure provided
Pet Training Instructor (Former Employee) –  Framingham, MAFebruary 15, 2017
PetSmart goes above and beyond to ensure each employee receives the training and knowledge necessary for each position. Employee benefits and programs/promotions are great.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at PetSmart. Our community is ready to answer.