PetSmart Employee Review

Fun place to work
Bather (Former Employee) –  San Jose, CAJuly 7, 2012
Everyone was very friendly and helped you out when you needed it

Other PetSmart Employee Reviews

Can't Complain
Warehouse Technician (Current Employee) –  Newnan, GADecember 17, 2017
Most recent job and it pays the bills. Long hours but you have a longer weekend than other jobs would give you. As long as you do your job and don't cause drama you will have a job for long-term.
A Total Nightmare Depending on the Stores
Pet Care Associate (Current Employee) –  Delaware, OHDecember 16, 2017
I decided to take the job to this place due to the fact that I want to be a Vet Assistant. It was the worst idea I ever had. They expect you to do many things in the course of one day and yet the pay isn't worth it.

Example:

I work in PetCare. Where you're expected to make sure the adoption center animals are okay. Either by cleaning, feeding, watering and checking for health. Which can take a good amount of time mind you as many animals can become sick.

Then you're expected to check and feed all the animals. Which would be fine if there weren't three or more areas worth. You're also expected to do other tasks while doing all of this along with helping customers.

What's more is you're expected to help others and yet when you ask for help. They just basically tell you off and say no. Also, like to add you also have to clean a certain amount of tanks.

This is all without help.

The management I'm under is a nightmare. One manager doesn't do work and throws their work onto you. The other makes decisions that make no sense and put, even more, work on the shoulders of everyone.

I have seen people run out crying from this place and cooperate will basically do nothing. Since they usually call managers, which is the main problem of most areas.

Now, it is really great to work here if it wasn't the fact that you're expected to do so much more than what you're being paid. If they actually schedule and if the managers did things right. It would be perfect.

But, it's not.

Now, not all stores are like this. Just my store, but that is complete trash.
  more... A lot of employees told me they went to cooperate. But, what a surprise. Nothing happens. 8/  less
Pros
teaching people about animals, working with animals, discounts
Cons
Poor management, they'll use/abuse you however they can, overwork you, don't pay you enough for what you do

Ask a question about working or interviewing at PetSmart. Our community is ready to answer.