PetSmart Employee Reviews in United States

Found 2,774 reviews matching the search
Great Managment
Assistant Manager and Pet Trainer (Current Employee) –  Albany, GAMay 4, 2016
While working at Petsmart I learned a great deal about what it means to be a leader. My day to day consisted of a lot of customer service and dealing with difficult decisions. The entire staff is friendly and willing to help when needed.
Pros
I received commission on training sales
Cons
Never got weekends off
Okay, not the best with scdeduling
Pet Care Specialist (Former Employee) –  Poland, OHMay 4, 2016
It was an alright place to work but some of the managers weren't the easiest to get along with and they weren't always the best with understanding my schedule and situation.
i loved it because i enjoy working with animals
Grooming assistant (Former Employee) –  Houston, TX 77081May 3, 2016
i loved working there great people i loved my co workers so caring it was a good job i enjoyed making dogs look there best good hours good benefits
Poor Manager
Team Lead/Shift Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Arlington, TXMay 2, 2016
Though I loved working with the pets, the manager was terrible. Did not listen to employees, Was forced to work overnights when I had previously told the manager I could not do to having a family.
Pros
Pets
Cons
Manager
Cool place
Dog Trainer, Bather, PetCare Associate (Current Employee) –  Winston-Salem, NCMay 2, 2016
Depending on what area you work at, money could be plenty. With any food job can be tough and fast place. The harder you work the MORE you will make.
Working for Petsmart can be very rewarding.
Pet Care Manager (Former Employee) –  Gainesville, GAMay 2, 2016
Petsmart was a high energy environment. The company promotes care and consideration of pets and the people that love pets. Managers were required working knowledge of all aspects of store operation.
fast pace work environment
Bather (Former Employee) –  Hiram, GAMay 1, 2016
Fun place to work. Very fast pace envirmoment. management just needs to get things in order and it will be a great place. Every day it was something different. I loved this about the company.
Pros
friendly customers, palying with animals
Cons
management
Too much work for very little compensation and the amount of employees
Customer Engagement Leader/Manager (Former Employee) –  West Covina, CAApril 29, 2016
The overall day at PetSmart was spent running around trying to do all the work that you had on your agenda as well as the work that was on the other managers' agenda. Upper management was constantly trying to implement new processes and new product display ideas, but they were all very last minute changes. So it always felt like you had to work overtime to finish everything on time.
Pros
Friendly Environment for the most part, got to help pet parents make healthy choices for their pets
Cons
Too much work for a small amount of employees, high turnover rate of employees
n/a
Aquatics Manager (Former Employee) –  Annapolis, MDApril 29, 2016
Nice place to be if you love animals or your first job. You meet great people and animal lovers as yourself its just hard to not bring your work. (meaning the love of animals)
Productive, and fun place to work
Petcare Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Albuquerque, NMApril 29, 2016
Working with animals was really fun. I ended up learning a lot about caring for animal's and their habitats. Managers were amazing, and really understanding.
was fun at first
Unloader/Stocker (Former Employee) –  Salinas, CAApril 28, 2016
was hard to deal with the store manager striping your overtime hrs and spreading it over to the next pay week hardest part is when the truck isn't on time to get the product to the floor to be stocked co-workers were a team players and fun to work for.
Fast-paced with ample multitasking requirements
Merchandising Manager (Current Employee) –  Denver, COApril 28, 2016
PetSmart serves the pet parent community with many products and services.
There are many great people who are compassionate about animals and their welfare. We work every day to help save lives with training, keep pets healthy with our products and veterinary services and groom pets to keep them looking great.
Pros
Great purpose to help pets
workday
Bather (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXApril 28, 2016
Bathed dogs in preparation for grooming.
Brushed fur to remove dead skin, using dog brush.
Drew bath water and regulated temperature.
washed dog, using perfumed soap or shampoo and hand brush, and repeated process until dog was clean.
Clipped toenails, using scissors and clippers.
Received, opened and unpacked cartons and crates of merchandise, checking invoice against items received.
Stocked storage areas and displays with new and transferred merchandise.
fun place to work
Bather (Current Employee) –  West Covina, CAApril 27, 2016
Fun place to work. Its like one big family. I love working and being with the animals on a daily basis. Being a bather in the grooming salon is very satisfying.
Pros
working with animals
Cons
compensation and hours
Educational
Volunteering at PetSmart Cat Kennel (Former Employee) –  Hillsboro, ORApril 26, 2016
I didn't actually work at Pet Smart, just volunteered there. It was a good learning experience, and fun to be with the cats, but all my work was done alone, unsupervised, and away from other employees.
Pros
Got to play with cats
Cons
Got scratched by cats
There was always something going on
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Winston-Salem, NCApril 26, 2016
I enjoyed working there. I loved helping customers and seeing the dogs and other animals come in. I got to know a few customers and knew them or at least their pet names. There was always something to do to keep busy.
Pros
Employee discount on all services
Cons
Other associates not doing their job
Company is great, store management can vary
Pet Grooming Stylist (Former Employee) –  Clifton Park, NYApril 25, 2016
I worked for PetSmart for two years. During that time I cycled through several different managers, each worse than the last.
I started as a bather in the salon and was quickly promoted to go to grooming school. The opportunity to advance to a groomer was great, but after that theres nowhere else to go unless you want to be a salon leader, which I would not recommend.
The academy grooming school is a complete waste of time. You learn nothing. You're just filled with anxiety because you have no idea what you're doing. The learning starts when you get back to your salon and you complete your 100 dogs.
The managers for the salon they hire are usually young girls, who have no idea how to manage and take part in a lot of workplace drama. All three of my salon leaders were the center of the drama and encouraged it.
They expect a lot of you. It can be extremely stressful, but also very rewarding.
The company itself has decent benefits, especially the tuition reimbursement for college students.
But the management is terrible, and ultimately I had to leave because of it.
Pros
Rewarding to groom dogs
Cons
Stressful, they expect too much of you, management is awful
Stressful enviroment but fun to work with the dogs
Dog Groomer (Current Employee) –  Sandy, UTApril 25, 2016
The management is out of control. They seem to have no idea what they are doing and it makes the job more stressful then it should be. My co-workers are awesome and fun to be around but there can be some drama. The hardest part of my job is dealing with dogs who do not cooperate or are aggressive. The best part of my job is seeing the satisfied faces of the customers when they see their pet.
Pros
Working with dogs
Cons
Short breaks, crazy work schedual, stressful enviroment
my fun life at work
professional bather (Current Employee) –  San Antonio, TXApril 23, 2016
love the job but i have to say bathers should be pay more for what we do its hard work sometimes and most days are very stressful the co-workers and my manager are all awesome people to work with very kind and help when you really need it what keeps me going for this job is only the animals i really love animals if i had all the money in the world i would probably try to own every animals there is
Love working with people and pets
Pet Care Specialist (Current Employee) –  Austin, TXApril 22, 2016
It' a good company the most enjoyable part of the job is working with the customers. Management team needs to have more training, however they are trying to set up more training for their management team.
Pros
The people you work with varies on a day to day basis
Cons
Due to fast paced there are few breaks