PetSmart Employee Reviews

Found 3,666 reviews matching the search
productive great benefits
Grooming salon asscoiate- Salon Manager (Former Employee) –  Germantown, MDApril 25, 2017
I liked working for this company but when I left they showed me that their employees were not their concern they had great benefits and made sure you kept to your hours, I loved grooming pets I met new people and animals daily
It isn't a bad place if you truly love pets.
Full Time Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  North Bergen, NJApril 25, 2017
Theres a lot of studying to do in regards to different protein sources for different pets. Some dogs are grain intolerant or allergic to even the smallest dose of anything they're allergic to. You'd be surprised how much dog food is mixed in regards to ingredients. And defintely alot more studying or experience should be had if you plan to work in the small pets section. I feel like its very difficult to move up or get promoted. They're hiring outside of the company for manager positions.
Pros
You see alot of dogs, play with pets, really bond with coworkers
Cons
Not many breaks, weekends are packed
Never a boring day!! Love seeing all the pups come through the door
Pet Stylist (Current Employee) –  Madison, TNApril 25, 2017
Started as a bather 4 years ago. 5 years later and I'm a groomer would not trade my work for anything. Some days it get really stressful a lot of go go go. You must be able to have tons of patience and be able to multitask. 30 minutes for a lunch is not nearly enough. Co-workers are great!
Pros
Spending time with animals
Cons
Short lunches
Wonderfull place if you love animals
PET TRAINING INSTRUCTOR (Former Employee) –  Fajardo, PRApril 24, 2017
Interacting with different people and how they each approach their pets as if they are their own children is amazing. Face paced environment to keep up with all those fast paced dogs, yet calm and slow paced when interacting with birds and guinea pigs. PetSmart truly has a place for every kind of person AND animal!
Fun
Stocker (Former Employee) –  Avondale, AZApril 24, 2017
Good and the work was alright and it was good to have a job well in school and there were a lot of stuff to learn and all that but it was in good fun.
Fun
Dog Bather (Former Employee) –  Nesconset, NYApril 24, 2017
We were having issues finding a store manager but once we found one it was basically smooth sailing from there Work was fun and people were nice. I enjoyed working there.
Great seeing animals, happy and positive atmosphere for the most part.
Support Manager/Associate Leader (Current Employee) –  Beaverton, ORApril 24, 2017
Working part time for Petsmart was a fun experience, once I became a manager, however, the tables turned. In my specific position, I was responsible for all manager calls/customer service on the sales floor, money orders, loan paybacks, drop everything assistance in every department, as well as making sure every other managers duties were completed before I left for the day. The stress and responsibility that I was dealing with was not compensated fairly in the slightest and there was no way around that, other than promotion/transfers that were unavailable. I would not recommend the position to anyone.
boring
Pet Care Specialist (Former Employee) –  Reno, NVApril 24, 2017
Working at PetSmart in the petcare position has its perks and disadvantages. A normal day consist of making sure all animals have fod and water, scrubbing fish tanks, and helping customers make the best decision for their animals.
Productive Workplace
Sales Associate/Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLApril 24, 2017
This workplace was a good learning experience. There were many opportunities to develop good relationships and learn many skills related to the sales industry.
Poor
Assistant Store Director (Former Employee) –  Largo, FLApril 24, 2017
It is a poor company to work for. The upper management does not care about their employees nor the years of dedicated service. It is not a fun place to work.
Pros
Cons
Nastey upper management.
Educational and fun environment.
Products Manager (Former Employee) –  Geneva, ILApril 24, 2017
Growth/Advancement is very possible, with hard work and determination can be achieved quite quickly.

Work/Life balance is challenging because retail is so demanding but usually, with proper management, schedules will be made fairly.
Volunteer work
Volunteer (Former Employee) –  Sacramento, CAApril 24, 2017
I worked at Petsmart in Sacramento as volunteer work. I specifically helped in the cat section. My duties were helping to cut the cats nails when they got too long, spend time and interact with the cats, and also to groom them occasionally.
Pros
Animals.
awesome
Dog Groomer (Former Employee) –  Castle Hills, TXApril 23, 2017
I enjoyed my time there. Everyone was great. Positive attitudes and everyone worked together. I miss being there. never had a complaint with customers. Some customers would drive over an hour just to come there
Pay sub par to duties
Pet Hotel Caretaker (Former Employee) –  Scottsdale, AZApril 23, 2017
For an overnight job, there was too much physical work for one person. Taking care of 100-200 dogs and cats very stressful. Pay did not come close to duties prescribed
Lots of cute doggies and great experience
Pet Care Specialist (Current Employee) –  Fairfax, VAApril 23, 2017
Its a pretty labor intensive job but I've gained a lot of customer service experience from it. You do a lot of frequent cleaning cages, feeding the cats and dogs, bathing them and most of all...playing with them! The hotel manager at the location I worked at was great and really cared and showed appreciation for his employees. I learned about dog breeds I have never heard of and helping work at the front desk helped me not be so shy. It gets really busy and stressful during the holidays and holiday/3 day weekends but somehow we manage to get through it. Overall, fun but a lot of physical labor.
Pros
playing with dogs, experience
Cons
physical, at times stressful, benefits for part timers
Hard work but pretty cool
Pallet Jack Operator (Former Employee) –  Ennis, TXApril 23, 2017
The job is kinda simple but I prefer more of a mans job because you are picking up different varieties and sizes of pet food and stocking pallats alld
Fun work place horrible management
Pet Care Associate (Former Employee) –  Compton, CAApril 23, 2017
Fun place to work if you love animals and are older than 17.Management at this place sucked watch out for store manager and assistant manager.Willnot work with school schedule.
Pros
Seeing animals
Cons
Short breaks, horrible customer service
Awful
Pet care specialist (Former Employee) –  CaliforniaApril 22, 2017
Sad how much the dogs stay in the kennals, staff are rude and know it alls toward each other and customers alot. Workplace is like a jail for over night members, and they arent very kind to employees. Some animals made it enjoyable and one customer she was BEAUTIFUL! most enjoyable part was clocking out.
Pros
discounted products
Cons
bad company to employees
Associate Lead (Current Employee) –  Lakewood, NYApril 22, 2017
I had an amazing 6 years at PetSmart, It was a great start to my professional and personal growth within the job industry. Being able to work with a very flexible company was what I need while finishing school.
Good workplace, poor job security.
Early Morning Stocker (Former Employee) –  Lake Elsinore, CAApril 22, 2017
I worked for several months for PetSmart, Lake Elsinore as an Early Morning Stocker. The job was great, and I loved the work and the hours, what I didn't love was that I was expected to do the work of 2 or more people as one man and only had the Stocking manager as my only other help most mornings. The store would get very large shipments almost every morning, and most of the time we could not finish them in time... and on top of stocking sometimes we were expected to essentially reprice an entire store with only 2-4 people.

Needless to say because of my "short comings" with "speed" I was basically being muscled to either resign or get fired because I couldn't meet the store's insane expectations of its skeleton-crew stock team.

The managers were all very nice and respectful, and I don't blame them. I entirely blame their corporate superiors who expect too much out of too little.
Pros
Fun work environment, great hours, good managers.
Cons
Too much work for skeleton crews, corporate managers are delusional as to what a 2 man crew can handle by itself in only 4-5 hours.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at PetSmart. Our community is ready to answer.