PetSmart Employee Reviews

Found 3,041 reviews matching the search
I love this company so much and everyone in it.
Lead Stock Associate (Former Employee) –  Rock Hill, SCSeptember 23, 2016
it really is the greatest place in the world to work. the coworkers I had were like family I love them and we became well acquainted with one another, the customers are the greatest there's never an unsatisfied customer, the store is perfect 100% of the time. I honestly love that job with a passion.
Pros
EVERYTHING!
Cons
there are none!!
Fun place to work with great benefits
Stocker/Team Leader (Former Employee) –  Savannah, GASeptember 23, 2016
a typical day at work was very fast paced, could be stressful but days would always go by quickly.

I learned to groom dogs

Management could have been better

Co workers were great

Hardest part of job was frequent policy changes and poor upper management

Most enjoyable part was working with animals.

I left this job because of the changes that took place when petsmart sold the company. I did not like that the Care aspect of petsmart disappeared and that it was no longer about the pets and pet parents but strictly about money.
Pros
fun place
Cons
poor upper management
Fun environment to work
Pet Products Associate (Current Employee) –  Sugar Land, TXSeptember 22, 2016
Great and fun place to work. Always moving. Never gets boring. Time flies by really fast.Pay is fairly good starting out to. They are good at accommodating schedules
Lead Cashier
Lead Cashier (Former Employee) –  Saginaw MISeptember 22, 2016
I would wait on customers. I also cross sold products and services. I balanced all the Cashier Drawers at night and would help the other cashiers that need help.
The customers are great !
Head Stylist (Former Employee) –  North CarolinaSeptember 21, 2016
It's not a place you want to make a career . They make you feel stuck like you can't grow any further . I was a head stylist in the salon . It's rewarding dealing with your clients . All the "team" members are about themselves . There is no sense of safety or help .
A fun working experience
Pet Specialist (Former Employee) –  Vancouver, WASeptember 20, 2016
As a part time employee I enjoyed working for PetSmart. My job wasn't glamorous but I got it done. I really enjoyed when I was to work the customers and the management was the best.
Pros
Wonderful boss, long lunch, good pay
Cons
Not much room for advancement
Decent Company to work for
Pet Care, Stocker, Cashier/Fork Lift Operator (Current Employee) –  Tacoma, WA 98405September 19, 2016
The animals are amazing to work with. There is no better feeling than watching a dis-guarded animal find a new home full of Love. It is an enjoyable place to work.
Pros
Animals
Cons
Less qualified people receive promotion.
Fun workplace with hands-on animal care
PET PRODUCT STOCKER (Former Employee) –  Madison, WISeptember 19, 2016
I helped unload product shipments and stocked the store shelves, as well as cashier when needed. Assisted customers find products as well as recommend products that were best suited for their pets.
Productive and fun work place
Cashier, Sales Associate, Bather, Stocker (Former Employee) –  Mililani Town, HISeptember 18, 2016
My jobs at Petsmart were always fun! I loved meeting all the animals and working with them. My favorite job in Petsmart was the grooming salon. Some days were difficult due to difficult dogs but I always enjoyed meeting new people and getting to know their fur babies!
Petsmart DC
Order Fill/MOD (Current Employee) –  Newnan, GASeptember 18, 2016
My typical day is the same every day, I'm a MOD picker. Picking different pets foods or shampoos and fragrances. PetSmart is very big on production so we must meet a production average of 95% every week. the hardest part about this job is actually production and staying committed to making my goals for the week. also the MOD is a very tight space to work along with other employees you have to remain clean and also aware of others space. The most enjoyable part of this job is getting paid every week but its not something I plan to do for the rest of my life!!!
Enjoyable but different environment
Professional Bather (Current Employee) –  Tampa, FLSeptember 18, 2016
I liked working here, but the hours are not guaranteed and I was just expecting a nicer environment than what I was brought into. I did enjoy the job but its not something I wish to further and living paycheck to paycheck with a part time job while supporting two people is very hard.
Pros
acceptable pay
Cons
No full time
Exciting and fun with tons of fur.
Dog Bather (Former Employee) –  Bristow, VASeptember 18, 2016
Petsmart is an amazing place to work. I just love working with animals. Amazing people to work with and all around wonderful place to work.
Fun and energetic place to work
Pet Hotel Associate (Former Employee) –  Portland, ORSeptember 16, 2016
Working at PetSmart was a blast! Management was very friendly, my coworkers were very kind, and the job itself was a blast. I didn't work there long enough to be able to advance, but some of my coworkers were able to advance during the time I was there. I would recommend working here!
Pros
Playing with dogs, occasional free food, plenty of breaks
Great experience and flexible with school schedule
Cashier/Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Folsom, CASeptember 16, 2016
This job was a great experience and taught me a lot about communication and customer assistance. It has been a pleasure to work with my co-workers and managers.
Easy job for a highschooler
Pet Care Specialist (Former Employee) –  Webster, NYSeptember 16, 2016
I worked here as a high school student. I was unimpressed with the management of the store, as they were mostly people whose only experience was working at petsmart. They had no leadership. But the pay was good, and the work was easy. It was always sad to watch the animals pass away.
Pros
Good entry level pay
Cons
Poor managers
Good friendly place
Pet Care Associate (Former Employee) –  Millsboro, DESeptember 16, 2016
good part time job pretty easy to learn everything
if your an animal lover pet care is the place to be
pay isn't awful for part time work
hours a little lax never worked more than 25 hours
Pros
the animals the customers the discount
Cons
no hours
Great people to work with.
Pet Trainer/Cashier (Former Employee) –  Alhambra, CASeptember 15, 2016
A typical day would consist of helping customers both on the sales floor and from the register and sometimes even out to their cars. As an employee there I learned more about team work and also got to see a store function as a family as well.
Awesome learning and work experience
Cashier/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Caguas, PRSeptember 15, 2016
I truly loved working at PetSmart, especially with my #2188 (Caguas, PR) store members. Since day one the managers and other employees were helpful in every aspect, willing to explain in detail any work related question I had. In just a couple of months I learned so much, going from work system knowledge to answers to question of the pet parents.
Pros
Customer Service, Free Lunch (In celebration of some company achievement)
Cons
Healthcare
What I have learned
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Pooler, GASeptember 15, 2016
I have learned many skills on how to make people and pets happier when they leave . Communication is the biggest skill i have learned to do better because you are always talking to customers and co-workers.
Pros
co-workers, benefits
Never loved a job more
Professional Dog Bather (Current Employee) –  West Rochester Hills, MISeptember 14, 2016
I love working with animals, and this job is the perfect opportunity. Good pay, good tips, and decently great coworkers. However, when something goes wrong with one coworker, everyone tends to jump on the band wagon, which can make it hard to feel comfortable being there. But all in all, it is worth it, to see my customers smile at their newly washed and great smelling dog. It is my pride and joy to take care of their animals.
Pros
Tips, great managment
Cons
cut hours, workplace drama