PetSmart Employee Reviews

Found 2,171 reviews matching the search
Always exciting
Pet Care Associate (Former Employee) –  Spokane Valley, WAFebruary 6, 2016
Despite some of the uneventful duties of cleaning several things, I had fun either perfecting my work or meeting new people and animals to assist. Everyday I worked there, I learned something interesting and new.
Pros
Friendly people and animals.
Cons
I wish I could have worked there more often and longer.
I enjoyed assisting customers
Lead Cashier (Former Employee) –  Topeka, KSFebruary 6, 2016
I liked the job functions but the managers at that time were inappropriate in their comments to some of my younger, pretty staff members.
Fun place to work with wonderful environment.
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Gainesville, FLFebruary 6, 2016
I loved working at Petsmart. It was a wonderful experience where I got to work around animals and learn new things everyday about animals. My supervisors and coworkers were really friendly and nice. We all worked well as a team.
Pros
Working with animals
Overall, it's just not worth it
Cashier/Sales Associate/Customer Service (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GAFebruary 6, 2016
Working at Petsmart really is just too demanding for the compensation. You make slightly above minimum wage but do a lot of work. Ultimately, it's okay for a part time job while in high school or college.
Pros
Animals
Cons
Everything else
Good job
Pet Care Specialist & Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Nampa, IDFebruary 5, 2016
It was a fun job but my hours were randomly drastically cut, forcing me to quit. Plus, there were NEW people making more money than I did and that upset me. I miss working there though, it was so positive and my coworkers wonderful.
Pros
Fun job, positive atmosphere
Cons
hours suck during holidays and will randomly be cut
Awesome place full of animals
Stylist (Former Employee) –  Tempe, AZFebruary 5, 2016
I honestly loved working in the grooming salon. Every day was a new experience and the dogs made it a lot of fun going to work. Just be sure to separate your work like from your personal life in close work spaces like these :)
Pros
too many to list
Cons
could compare it to high school
Great environment; good co-workers and management
Systems Analyst III (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZFebruary 5, 2016
PetSmart is a great place to work. They understand the meaning of family and the importance of life balance, They have a wonderful charities team that puts a strong love of animals' before profit. They care about their customers and continue to improve the ease of the customer experience both in stores and on-line. The associates are great and have a very high work ethic.
Staring as a entry level developer, there was much advancement and a commitment for associate's growth.
I was able to make a very large impact within the company for both our customers and my fellow co-workers.
successful and customer focused enviroment
Dog Groomer (Former Employee) –  Vancouver, WAFebruary 4, 2016
I loved working here! I especially loved being able to provide complete grooming services for my clients, as well as being able to accommodate every individual pets needs within a timely manner!
Pros
successful customer service
Cons
store manager was not experienced in all areas of the workplace
Good and bad experiance on the job
Stock Associate / Pet Care Associate (Former Employee) –  Harlem, NYFebruary 3, 2016
I only have a good day when their was a specific manager and other team members present. I learn the right way on how to take care the aquatic animals and how to approach a dog the correct way. The most enjoyable part of the day was when it was time to clock out and get away from all the pettiness and childish behavior certain managers were giving off.
Pros
Close to home and discounts on animal food etc...
Cons
Unconsistent management
Very stressfull
Petsmart Dog Bather (Current Employee) –  Waldorf, MDFebruary 3, 2016
working to keep the animals clean but also safe is not so easy. you must get them completely clean but also safe. And also stay on top of answering phone calls and keeping the customers happy when coming into the grooming salon
Energetic and fun place to work.
Professional Bather (Current Employee) –  Chico, CAFebruary 1, 2016
I am a professional bather on a typical day at work I check to see how many dogs I have scheduled. I proceed to check in the appointed dogs and commence my work. I do the dogs nails, bath, drying, and clean their ears. There are a lot of different bath packages that I have to know how to do off the top of my head. I also assist my coworker in achieving their goals. I have learned more about time management on this job. Also how to rise to the occasion when nothing is going to plan and you have to figure out how you are going to complete your work on time and to the level of excellence you expect of yourself. I have gained more experience dealing with dogs of all types and breeds. I enjoy my coworkers we all help each other on a daily basis. The hardest part of this job is how back breaking the work is I get a lot of large breed dogs so a huge portion of my day is bent over washing/drying them. Another difficult part is dealing with rude customers. The most enjoyable part of my job is working with dogs. Getting return customers who are kind and appreciative of how hard I work for them.
Pros
Puppies, sweet dogs, tips.
Cons
Back pain and rude customers
Fun and Fast Paced Environment
Dog Bather (Current Employee) –  Alabaster, ALFebruary 1, 2016
I have learned a lot about caring for dogs and more about dogs in general. I thoroughly enjoy my co workers as they make the environment that much more fun to be in. The most enjoyable part of the job is being around all the dogs and their unique personalities. The hardest part of the job would be time management, as there is always a lot to be done.
Petsmart
Dog Trainer (Former Employee) –  Jupiter, FLFebruary 1, 2016
I loved the company, the method of training I was shown to use and the belief system behind it. The company provided me with great experience into the training world.
great coworkers
Bather (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CAJanuary 30, 2016
I worked along side some great people and even had some great managers that worked with you and tried their best to work out a fair schedule.
Pros
got to work with some great dogs
Cons
some dogs would try to bite you
Some good some bad
Stocker/Customer Service (Current Employee) –  Brooklyn, NYJanuary 30, 2016
I learned more here then I have in my previous job about the inner workings and computer programs for businesses, but the management became very inconciderate about techniques developed that would allow faster paced movement in restocking. Some management helped no matter what.
Pros
Discounts on instore products
Cons
off the bat expected to know all
Daily interaction with animals of all varieties
Pet Care Specialist (Current Employee) –  Lexington, SCJanuary 30, 2016
I enjoy working with animals. PetSmart has allowed me to enjoy what I love while providing a small income. The hardest part of the job is losing an animal. The most enjoyable part is the everyday interaction.
Loved working with animals
Pet Care Associate (Former Employee) –  Augusta, MEJanuary 29, 2016
Depending on the day, first thing in the morning small pets, or birds, or reptiles would have their cages cleaned. Fish would be fed and then a certain set of fish tanks would be cleaned per day. After that is done, we are to sell pets and answer questions and concerns by pet parents.
The animals make it all worth it!
PetCare Specialist/Lead (Current Employee) –  Destin, FLJanuary 29, 2016
I really enjoy working here. Getting to care for, learn about and connect with animals daily makes everything worth it for me. If it wasn't a retail schedule, I would still want to work here. Sadly, its getting harder to find child care on the weekends and my kids go to school during the week, so I don't get as much time with them as I'd like.
Pros
Good insurance, vacations, benefits, puppies and kittens!
Cons
Corporate, retail, dog urine everywhere
Productive and fun workplace
Pet Care Specialist (Current Employee) –  Folsom, CAJanuary 25, 2016
I enjoyed my time working at PetSmart. The store staff is always friendly and easy to work with, and the managers are very approachable. I never feel truly stressed out after a long day of work. Which greatly helps me pursue my academic life.
Pros
Very flexible schedules
Cons
Lack of a stable amount of work hours
Petsmart
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAJanuary 25, 2016
Petsmart has definitely been an unforgettable work place. I would do it again if I could. The management was great and my co-workers were the best.