PetSmart Employee Review

Fun and fast paced work environment
Professional Grooming Assistant (Former Employee) –  Woodbury, NJOctober 25, 2013
I loved my job with PetSmart. I got to work with dogs all day, and make the pet parents very happy. I managed to gain a lot of regular clients while I was at PetSmart. My co-workers were great and we always had fun while we were at work. The hardest part of the job was keeping up with the high volume of dogs that needed to be bathed and groomed.
Pros
working with animals
Cons
not very good health benefits

Other PetSmart Employee Reviews

Don't do it.
Pet Care Specialist (Former Employee) –  Florence, KYDecember 15, 2017
A typical day included the same tedious routines that never change, even as someone who was new to the job was expected to do it perfectly. I never went through training here either. Management here was awful, they played favorites and if you did not kiss up to them, you aren't going to last very long here. However, you get to meet some pretty cool people, as well as some very strange ones via the clientele. The workplace is very disorganized and that was the hardest part to this job in all honesty.
Pros
15% merchandise discount
Cons
poor management, poor pay, no advancement opprotunities, managers play favorites
Decent place to work, not many opportunities to move up
Cashier/Pet Care Associate (Current Employee) –  Springfield, ILDecember 15, 2017
Overall, PetSmart is not a bad place to work. As a cashier the job is pretty easy and laid back. Pet Care is a little more stressful, but for the most part it isn't too difficult as long as you have a decent amount of knowledge on the variety of animals in the store (if you don't, you'll learn as you go). However, they aren't so great at giving raises or moving people up in the store, so if you're hired as a cashier chances are you're going to be stuck as a cashier or be given the opportunity to move into the grooming salon as a bather.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at PetSmart. Our community is ready to answer.