PetSmart Employee Review

A fun, fast-paced job for college students
Pet Care Specialist (Current Employee) –  San Jose, CAApril 8, 2014
Typical work day: Majority of the time I work nights, so I will clock in & work on tanks maintenance. When finished, I will prepare to close the pet-care department, face my side of the store,& sometimes assist the cashiers when needed. In between work I assist pet parents with any concerns, questions, or advice needed.

Learned: Working at Petsmart has given insight as to how to work with people of various ages & backgrounds. Petsmart has no bias against age which allows for a great work environment.

Management: Managers personalities & work-ethics vary greatly which can either help or harm the store

Co-workers: I like all of my coworkers but there are some I would prefer to not work a shift with only because my work-ethic is at more intense and fast-paced level than others.

Hardest Part: Realizing that sometimes it is best to not mention concerns to management because majority of the time they choose to ignore it

Enjoyable Part: I absolutely love seeing children come in & becoming overwhlemingly excited because their parent(s) said they can get their first pet. I love assisting them & understanding what the parent will allow but also what the child's interest is!
Pros
Supportive coworkers, Flexible with school, Allows some freedom to make decisions independently
Cons
Managment can suddenly decrease hours to almost nothing

Other PetSmart Employee Reviews

Job security, easy to transfer
Stocker/Cashier (Current Employee) –  Hagerstown, MDJanuary 15, 2018
I really love working for this company, I have been able to transfer to 3 different stores and my original store is always willing to take me back. The only thing I do not like is the up sales they want you to do at the register, puppy guides, training, donations, etc. It just gets to be too much at times. And when you work in the store the only full time employees are the managers, most time I average 15- 30 hours a week ( on a good week).
Pros
Discounts, vacation days
Cons
Benefits only for full time
Good for young people looking for temporary job
Order Filler (Former Employee) –  Ottawa, ILJanuary 15, 2018
3 years ago PetSmart was a wonderful place to work. Management wanted associates' opinions and was very easy to work for and laid back. Since then the place has done a 180 as far as changing management, policies, rules and discipline. Everything about the job became more difficult physically and emotionally. Most of the good qualities of the job either came with consequences or were removed. Supervisors went from experienced and collaborative to inexperienced and don't ask questions.
Pros
Shorter work week, benefits
Cons
declining company, poor management

Ask a question about working or interviewing at PetSmart. Our community is ready to answer.