PetSmart Employee Reviews in United States

Found 2,811 reviews matching the search
Doggie gossip
Bathing Associate (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXApril 18, 2016
It was a nice place to work. you get to deal with dogs all day long, but behind closed doors that's when things get less glam. You are wet majority of the day from bathing all the dogs, you have to brush teeth, clip nails, blow dry them, brush and fluff them, make them smell pretty and put a bow on the girls and bandana if its a boy. Not to bad for a days work till a dog gets so nervous they have explosive diarrhea in the kennel, or you get bit from trying to clip nails or scratched. The customer where harder to deal with than the dogs. If the dog was to aggressive you had to tell the owner they weren't allowed back. They would make a huge seen about how their dog would never make the five inch gash on my face. But if you love dogs and don't mind all aspects that come with the job its a good place to be.
Pros
Lots of puppies to love
Cons
injuries happen
Productive and fun workplace.
Cashier (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXApril 18, 2016
Working at PetSmart as a cashier is very enjoyable. You get to meet new people everyday as well as their animals when they come up to the registers.
Productive, Fun Work Place
Cashier/Overnight Stocker (Former Employee) –  Belton, MOApril 18, 2016
This type of job is best suited for those looking to build their resume, like High School and new graduates. I had started working there because I needed a job after just moving to Missouri and losing my seasonal job. I had gone into the job knowing I wasn't there for the long term as I was looking for something within my field. However, I really did enjoy those I was working with which made coming to work so much easier. The opportunity to move up was never presented to me, even though I possess a degree in which I would have qualified to do so. I showed the manager several times my abilities to help out where needed but was not given such opportunities. It is difficult for one to want to excel at their job if they are not only not told how well they are doing or what they can do different to improve but also if they are not presented with opportunities to grow and learn more within the company. It was more of where you are placed is where you will stay which doesn't suit well, especially if you are running short handed and if nobody else has been trained in those departments how can you expect to give accurate customer service.
Pros
Friendly Co-workers
Cons
Ability to move up not present
this sucked
Inventory,janitorial,sales representative (Former Employee) –  Paradise Valley, AZApril 18, 2016
I hated this job. I hated dishwashing but I did what I had to do. I dont know why I worked here it was mostly becasue my girlfriend told me I had to have two good job and I realyy ldidnt give a about my job so I lefty
Pros
i only had to work two days a week
Cons
i was exhausted
love
Pet Care Associate and Cashier (Current Employee) –  Houma, LAApril 18, 2016
I love my job and will be sad to leave soon. The store I work at now doesn't provide enough hours for their part time employees to live off of and there are only two full time positions besides managers. It is hard to work with the GM especially since she is very closed minded and a know it all. She is also nosey and can cause employees to loose a sale.
Productive workplace involving lots of animal care and cleaning
Overnight Pet Care Specialist (Former Employee) –  Woburn, MAApril 16, 2016
- Daily check ups on clients, cleaning kennels/play areas, prepare meals, wash laundry/dishes
- Proper ways of disinfecting kennels/play areas to make it a safe and fun place for the animals
- Were easy to talk too and great for helping provide information when needed
- It's a lot of hard work
- Being able to do what I love by providing care to animals
Pros
Great discounts on products and benefits
Cons
Sometimes it got lonely being the only person in the building
Great for Communication & Poeple Skills
Dog Groomer (Former Employee) –  Fort Lauderdale, FLApril 16, 2016
This job was a great experience for me when it comes to understanding different people and helped me become more sociable in the work area. Throughout time,management wasn't the same when I started. But overall I enjoyed my time with this company.
Pros
Discount Benefits, Tips from Grooming
Cons
Short breaks, Poor Management skills, canceled store music
Presentation Manager
PRESENTATION MANAGER (Former Employee) –  Omaha, NEApril 15, 2016
The staff was very friendly and helpful. They provided training in anything I wanted to learn about pets. I left because I had to relocate closer to my family. Overall, PetSmart is a very good company to work for.
Pros
I got to work with pets and people on a daily basis.
Cons
I hated leaving my team.
Low Pay, Co-Workers Dominate
Pet Care Associate (Former Employee) –  Rio Grande, NJApril 14, 2016
A typical day at work is very fun, when you're working independently. When you have managers and employers, that gang up against you, it's not fun.
I learned a lot, especially since I have multiple pets.
Management, they were nice and respectful. But the employees that have been there longer dominate management. They gang up on the new employees, and that just wasn't really fair. They loose a lot of employees that way. Not too mention, they did not spread out hours evenly. Their favorites got more hours than the people who needed the work. When you have one person working everyday, and you're getting put on for four hours on one day, you get very annoyed.
My co-workers were evenly nice and not nice. You had the co-workers that were honestly helping you, and then you had the co-workers that wanted to bring you down so they could rise to the top. Their mistakes became yours and you would take the blame.
The hardest part of the job is remembering every little detail, but with time, you can get it down perfectly.
The most enjoyable part of the job is getting to spend everyday with the beautiful animals you meet.
Pros
Animals
Cons
Dominating Co-Workers, Crumbling Management, No Hours
Steady fun environment
Pet Products Associate (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CAApril 13, 2016
I mostly cashiered. I would greet guests and interact with them and any pets that came in. Management was amazing, co workers were easy to get along with. Hardest part of the job was falling in love with all the pets and having to goodbye after checking out the owners items. Most enjoyably was getting to interact with many animals.
Pros
a lot of animal interaction
Cons
not a lot of hours
Wonderful experience
Cashier - customer service (Current Employee) –  Flowood, MSApril 12, 2016
I have not worked in retail before and this was a different experience; however, I have to admit that this could not have been a better company to start. Petsmart is the best job I have had in a long time that I feel excited to come to work and love it. The management are great at what they do and care for all their employees and get to know each and every one but also maintaining their professionalism. The job work is never hard and anyone who is dedicated to their work can complete all task assigned to them. They make sure that all their employees have learned all the necessary information so that we can better assist the pet parents. The co-workers are friendly and welcoming. The managers do a great job at picking the best for the company.
Order picker
Order picker (Former Employee) –  Bethel, PAApril 11, 2016
Job was ok but management seem to watch you undercover all day. They give you 3 months then they hire you into the company haha yeah RIGHT, don't be a fool haha.
Pros
Friendly co-workers
Cons
No privacy job security expect a robot worker
If you love pets
Store Manager (Former Employee) –  New JerseyApril 11, 2016
Working as a store manager for PetSmart you have to love pets and pet parents. It is a retail job, so the hardest part of the job is dealing with angry customers.
An okay company to work for.
PetCare Associate (Current Employee) –  Apache Junction, AZApril 11, 2016
Not much of an opportunity to advance. Manager will spitefully schedule you horrid hours. My co-workers are fantastic, most of the managers are easy to work with and talk to.
Pros
Animals!
Cons
Not enough hours.
customers great-coworkers not so much
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Anderson, SCApril 11, 2016
PetSmart is an O.K. place to work if you enjoy helping people with their pets and can ignore the fact your coworkers are rude and the management not very helpful.
Fun and Rewarding
DOG TRAINER, CASHIER and DOG BATHER (Former Employee) –  Liverpool, NYApril 9, 2016
I got to work with many dogs while working here and it was a lot of fun. I started out training dogs and began in the grooming salon bathing dogs too. Dog training was fun, had to find people who wanted to get their dogs trained, and sell classes to them. I had a lot of happy customers because their dogs got trained and they received a lot of knowledge in my classes. I liked bathing dogs, it was a easy job and fun, usually got really wet, but that's okay. A typical day would be get in, look over my schedule to see how many classes I had and get prepared. When I didn't have any classes, I either ran the cash register, answered phones, walked around and try to sell classes and cleaned and straitened the dog aisles.
Pros
Got to help customers with their dog problems
Cons
Sometimes you had nothing to do, but you had to find something.
Fun working area
Pet Care Associate (Former Employee) –  Port Arthur, TXApril 7, 2016
The day was easy to stay busy and you were never bored. I worked in the Pet Care Area so I took care of the animals. I found it fun and stress free most of the time.
Fun place to work.
PETS PRODUCT ASSOCIATE (Former Employee) –  Florence, KYApril 6, 2016
-interacting daily with customers and their pets.
-Benefits package is standard for the job.
co-workers are friendly, everyone helps each other out.
Bather (Current Employee) –  New York, NYApril 5, 2016
The best part of the jobs is working with the dogs. the job is super flexible with hours and the coworkers are great. Ive learned so much about dog behaviors and enjoy every moment.
No chance for full-time, work hours are inconsistent
Pet Care Associate (Former Employee) –  Woodbridge, VAApril 5, 2016
Working at pert smart was fun but management made it hard at times. They would make your schedule all over the place from 3 hour shifts or 10 hours a week when I was getting 25 hours. I enjoyed helping people find what they need.
Pros
Engaging with customers