PetSmart Employee Reviews in United States

Found 2,873 reviews matching the search
Fun atmosphere
Pet Care Associate (Current Employee) –  Plainfield, INMay 9, 2016
Management at my location is great! They understand the employees weaknesses and strengths and make sure they reward those who go the extra mile. I have only been an employee here for short time, but I am determined to go further in this corporation. The customers are great and I have already made many friends!
Fun, Energetic, Great Work Place
Petcare Associate (Former Employee) –  Warminster, PAFebruary 11, 2016
I would clean animals habitats along with feedings and dish washing. I helped customers on a daily basis with pet care need and questions. Not only were the co-workers great so was management. I think by far this was the best job experience I had. Management worked with you on a whole new level to work around your schedule and your special accommodations. The most enjoyable part of my job was the whole aspect of it I was constantly kept busy and always learning new things.
Pros
Work Place, Customers, Management
Its a great place to work never a dull moment
Assistant Manager (Current Employee) –  Fort Lauderdale, FLFebruary 12, 2016
When I started with the company they had great values about the pet and customers, however since the British company took over the seem to care more about profit than the well being of the pet, and customers. The set stick guide lines and when you follow them and a customer complains to corporate they seem to have no idea what the guidelines are.
Pros
great benefits, guaranteed 40 hours a week, paid vacations and sick time
Cons
Its over 30 minutes drive, their core values have changed
Steady-paced and fun
Customer Service Rep. / Pet Care Specialist (Former Employee) –  Alexandria, VAFebruary 13, 2016
Typical day of work was steady-paced. I learned how to proper take care of many different species of animals. Management was great (for the most part) and always holding training sessions. Co-workers were nice. The hardest part of the job was getting over my fear of rodents. The most enjoyable part of the job was spending time with the animals and learning their different personalities.
Love working with people and pets
Pet Care Specialist (Current Employee) –  Austin, TXApril 22, 2016
It' a good company the most enjoyable part of the job is working with the customers. Management team needs to have more training, however they are trying to set up more training for their management team.
Pros
The people you work with varies on a day to day basis
Cons
Due to fast paced there are few breaks
great work environment
Bather (Former Employee) –  Chino, CAMarch 17, 2016
i can honestly say working at petsmart, I've learned a lot about customer service, co-workers were very awesome always there when you need help with anything. managers are always there if any troubles you have or if you need more experiences in certain areas, they'll teach and work with you.
Pros
happy customers, and pets
Cons
aggressive dogs and customers
It was an awesome place to work and i miss it
picker packer (Former Employee) –  Brockport, NYMay 26, 2016
Petsmart was a pretty cool place to work I worked evenings, made some great friends some I am still friends with to this day. work was fun because I was picking and packing things for customers for their pets or horses.
Pros
company picnics
Cons
my job was cut short due to company closing
Great environment; good co-workers and management
Systems Analyst III (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZFebruary 5, 2016
PetSmart is a great place to work. They understand the meaning of family and the importance of life balance, They have a wonderful charities team that puts a strong love of animals' before profit. They care about their customers and continue to improve the ease of the customer experience both in stores and on-line. The associates are great and have a very high work ethic.
Staring as a entry level developer, there was much advancement and a commitment for associate's growth.
I was able to make a very large impact within the company for both our customers and my fellow co-workers.
Good and bad experiance on the job
Stock Associate / Pet Care Associate (Former Employee) –  Harlem, NYFebruary 3, 2016
I only have a good day when their was a specific manager and other team members present. I learn the right way on how to take care the aquatic animals and how to approach a dog the correct way. The most enjoyable part of the day was when it was time to clock out and get away from all the pettiness and childish behavior certain managers were giving off.
Pros
Close to home and discounts on animal food etc...
Cons
Unconsistent management
Great coworkers and support from management
Presentations manager (Former Employee) –  Arlington, TXFebruary 10, 2016
Management is awesome depending on what store you are at but support higher than store level is lacking severely. If there is a serious concern they pay no attention to it. If you apply yourself and really take in everything that they teach you it is easy to move up a few levels.
Pros
Room for advancement and decent pay for students.
Cons
short breaks and lack of higher support.
I love the compant but the management is what killed it
Petcare Specialist (Current Employee) –  Downers Grove, ILFebruary 7, 2016
I love animals and working here was so amazing, I loved coming to work every day but I can't stand the managers and how clueless and hot/cold they are. They didn't understand the care that went into the animals and I've been yelled at for doing my job and taking care of the animals, but not something unimportant like pricing merchandise.
Pros
Working with the animals
Cons
Bad culture, everything is micro managed
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZMarch 17, 2016
Bad, Gm doesn't even show up for work and blames others when his job/ work load is not done. District manager writes up new employees for not being responsible for a piece of equipment that has no traing coarse for and noone to train on it. Everybody is micro managed because they hire the cheapest work force.
There was always something going on
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Winston-Salem, NCApril 26, 2016
I enjoyed working there. I loved helping customers and seeing the dogs and other animals come in. I got to know a few customers and knew them or at least their pet names. There was always something to do to keep busy.
Pros
Employee discount on all services
Cons
Other associates not doing their job
The animals make it all worth it!
PetCare Specialist/Lead (Current Employee) –  Destin, FLJanuary 29, 2016
I really enjoy working here. Getting to care for, learn about and connect with animals daily makes everything worth it for me. If it wasn't a retail schedule, I would still want to work here. Sadly, its getting harder to find child care on the weekends and my kids go to school during the week, so I don't get as much time with them as I'd like.
Pros
Good insurance, vacations, benefits, puppies and kittens!
Cons
Corporate, retail, dog urine everywhere
Always busy and entertaining
Pet Care Specialist and Guest Service Associate (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXMay 24, 2016
A typical day at PetSmart was basically the same as a day at Camp Bow Wow. Except PetSmart was way more relaxed and they were not as strict on care for the dogs and their facilities than Camp Bow Wow which is why I left PetSmart for Camp Bow Wow.
Fun and Stressful
STORE MANAGER (Current Employee) –  Charlotte, NCMarch 8, 2016
Petsmart is a quickly changing company. It is a high stress environment with high focus on profit.It has been a fun high pace job that has you interacting with Pets daily. A puppy always lightens the stress. Overall, given the landscape of retail jobs, Petsmart is the best when it comes to compensation, benefits, and employee focus.
fun, professional, caring, fast paced!
Professional Dog Groomer (Former Employee) –  Pasadena, TXJanuary 25, 2016
Working at the Grooming Salon was such a great experienced for me. I had the opportunity to learn about every dog breed, their correct haircuts, culture and so much more. The best part is getting to interact with Petparents that love and care about pets as much as we do. Its always fast paced in there, specially holidays but its done promptly and with so much safety to the pet and the groomer. I would say that the hardest part would be when you first start because its not what you think. Its a very hard job that needs dedication, time, A LOT of patients, and safety. Overall i LOVED my job there, would definitely go back once my baby gets older.
Pros
great health coverage
Friendly co-workers and you always get to play with pets
Pet Hotel Specialist (Former Employee) –  Aliso Viejo, CAMay 20, 2016
If you love animals, PetSmart is a great place to work. It's mostly like any other big company regarding pay and benefits, but the scheduling is pretty flexible, the environment is mostly laid back and happy.

You learn a lot about products and programs for all types of animals, and if you work as a groomer or PetsHotel associate, you learn more about animal care, first aid, and emergency procedures.

I believe the management does their best, but you can't keep all of the people happy all the time.

My co-workers are friendly and helpful and passionate about their job.

It's a very physically demanding job. You're definitely tired after your shift, but the shift is fun, and goes by fast.

The best part of the job is the animals, they make it a great job.
Pros
Fun, friendly, laid back environment. The animals make you always go home happy
Cons
I think they should definitely pay more because most of the staff is great.
Basic Retail
Associate Core (Current Employee) –  Eden Prairie, MNJanuary 24, 2016
Not much to say about this job. It's your basic retail position. Talking with customers and interacting with their pets is pretty much highlight of the job.

The work stocking can be grueling at times and messy or gross at others. You take out the trash, clean up messes.

You learn a lot. How to care for pets of all kinds and after a while you'll find yourself educating their owners, who are many times very willing to learn.

I like the people I work with and that's pretty much all I have to say.
Pros
All the awesome dogs and cats and customers
Cons
Physically demanding, and gross when cleaning up after animals
Presentation Manager
PRESENTATION MANAGER (Former Employee) –  Omaha, NEApril 15, 2016
The staff was very friendly and helpful. They provided training in anything I wanted to learn about pets. I left because I had to relocate closer to my family. Overall, PetSmart is a very good company to work for.
Pros
I got to work with pets and people on a daily basis.
Cons
I hated leaving my team.