Seeking friendly, experienced cashier/sales associate for busy hardware store in downtown Troy, NY. Must be proficient on computerized point of sale system, good with customers, good under pressure, adaptable, well-organized and a team player. Solid cashier and retail hardware sales experience preferred. Must be able to work 30 hours a week: 8 a.m. to 2 p.m. Monday through Friday.
Please go to www.pfeilhardware.com and click on Employment and submit an online application.
- Must be able to use the point of sale computer/cash register accurately and efficiently.
- Responsible for keeping the checkout area neat, clean and well organized.
- Must be able to make change correctly, handle returns, and maintain an accurate cash drawer.
- Must be able to direct customers to the store’s products and explain our services.
- Must be willing to take an on-line hardware course and exams on own time to familiarize themselves with the hardware retail industry, products and relevant information.
- Must enjoy working with and giving good service to all customers – from students, tenants and homeowners to contractors and landlords.
- Must be physically able to help unload product (up to 50 lbs) from trucks, place merchandise on shelves and displays, and assist customers with obtaining products when necessary or requested.
- Must be able to learn how to use the various computers and machines needed to mix and shake paint.
- Must be friendly, neat and courteous in person and on the store telephone at all times.
- Must be able to work as part of a team.
- Must be comfortable with working in a non-smoking environment.