Pfizer Inc. Employee Reviews

Found 1,210 reviews matching the search
Highly productive - great place to work
Executive Assistant (Administrative Lead) (Current Employee) –  Groton, CTDecember 3, 2016
Great benefits, great coworkers, and emphasis that all contribute to "helping to made medicines" which will in turn make a positive impact in the world.

Emphasis on a "healthy Pfizer" - free flu shots for colleagues, fitness center on site.
Pros
competitive salary, depending on the manager - flexible workday and ability to work remotely if needed.
Cons
Very hard to get promoted, pay raises are small and beware of re-orgs that are usually done every 5 years. In general, everything is dependent on the "business need."
A perfect place to work, develop and to learn
Representative (Former Employee) –  Saudi ArabiaDecember 1, 2016
After I graduated form the Pharmacy School, I work for Pfizer as a medical rep., as the policy in Saudi Arabia mandated to have healthcare background. The workplace, the system is exceptional and you well interact with the finest workforce in the industry among the companies. The firm policy is strict, either internally or at the market, the resources you have to achieve your goal are the best among other companies. However, the advangates come with a price, as the market leading position of Pfizer in the market required an exceptional performance in utilizing the resources provided to maintain the leader position, in which it will too tough at the begging, but it will be easier and funnier when you acquire the experience.
Pros
Great environment, good compensations, clear career pathway, exceptional management
Cons
Competition at the highest
Productive yet poor culture, practices, and principles
Rep - Account Manager for Centralized Software (Former Employee) –  Chesterfield, MONovember 30, 2016
I enjoyed the work and I excelled quickly. However, the culture and particular consultant that I worked under was a micro-manager and did not allow for lunches, breaks, nor open communication among fellow team members.

I learned how to navigate within a new database and how to work with the procurement team and other licensing departments. I used skills and techniques in order to update, renew, sell and support Pfizer clients and vendors with their newer software launch program.

I was familiar with their software set up for the most part and ticketing system due to the many different applications that I used on a regular basis with my previous place of employment.

I did a great amount of database clean up and worked to update the licensing information and manage the software contracts of the different clients and vendors that worked with and for Pfizer.

The most difficult task of my everyday was overcoming the poor moral of the environment and the level of micro management that existed.

Don't get me wrong.. I can handle some of the toughest scenarios and I have had my fair share of bosses in Corporate America that had some level of micro management. However, this woman and this consultant took it to new extremes. It was unhealthy overall and I should have been more cautious when she said that her turn over was high.

None the less, I respect the nature of the position and I am flattered to have been chosen to work on her team and represent this company. I am grateful for all experiences that are put in my path, be it good, bad or indifferent.

I believe
  more... that nothing is coincidence anymore, rather what you choose to make of the situation.

I am a firm believer that attitudes and behaviors drive success. This was the biggest hurdle within this situation. Therefore, out of respect for the team and my future.. I did not want to waste time pursuing a position that wasn't going to be a good fit and a permanent career move.
Pros
Networking, New skills Acquired, The Hours, Working with Software Systems and the Exposure
Cons
No Breaks, No lunches, Misleading Culture, Micro Managed and Contract Terms
Flexible work environment
Senior Network Engineer (Former Employee) –  Bloomington, MNNovember 29, 2016
I worked remotely for the entire contract there. I had some travel involved, but not excessive. Due to expectation of evening change windows, it gave me flexibility to take time during the day to complete other activities.
Pros
working remote
Cons
It was a good place to work until it became Pfizer
Production Operator/Backup Training Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Rocky Mount, NCNovember 28, 2016
I loved my job and everything that came with it. I was a very dedicated worker and did my best with every assignment I was given.
Pros
Monday thru Friday
Cons
Short breaks and they consolidated
Great professionals, great culture.
Bioclinica Clinical Supply Chain Project Mgr- (Current Employee) –  Groton, CTNovember 23, 2016
Very friendly and great place for learning had a positive experience working at Bioclinica. I had great team and very supportive colleagues. I enjoyed working with my client.
great place to work
Senior Process Technician (Current Employee) –  Andover, MANovember 21, 2016
Pfizer is a great place to work it is a great environment to grow gain valuable knowledge and they always put family first and completely understand the difficult balance for family and work.
Very diverse group of people working towards their individual Goals
Senior Advisor (Sustainability Engineer) (Former Employee) –  Cambridge, MANovember 21, 2016
A typical day at work - checkin with your team on any issues affecting the working environment for the scientist and set priorities to get the facility back up to standards.

What I learned - I learned to be a leader on a few projects and take on some responsibility on improving energy efficiencies.

My co-workers were great, we had a softball league that we participated in.

The hardest part of the job was when the company had to reduce staffing.
The company seems to have lost it's focus, under appreciated and overworked at times, Management can listen but most of the time won't.
Maintenance Technician II (Former Employee) –  Rocky Mount, NCNovember 21, 2016
A typical day consist of ISO Training, emails, and keeping the equipment running. Often the equipment is ran as close to its failure rate as possible to maximize production but at the cost of downtime to the equipment.

I learned how these medicines are made and the importance for each and every one of them. I also learned that the challenges changed every day and that being able to adapt was crucial!

Management has a few good ones within the fold but they are stifled by their upper management. Most of management is willing to listen at what you say, but often not willing to do anything to change it until it is well past its time to do so. There seems to be a buddy system amongst certain areas of management to keep the same contract companies when their are better ones out there.

My co-workers were the best part of my career here. We worked well as a team to complete task. whether these task were in our specified area or not. We built bonds that ensured to one another that we had each others back.

The hardest of part of my job was being hand tied by management. (i.e Not being able to fix equipment when it needed it but only to patch it up.) Management is the hardest part of the job.

The most enjoyable are the family/ friend bonds that were created over time that allowed myself and my co-workers to grow. We accepted or challenges day in and out. The stress at times was high but we always got through it together!
Pros
Atmosphere
Professional and Innovative
I currently work as an associate scientist (Current Employee) –  Pearl River, NYNovember 21, 2016
Excellent environment for innovation and research. Friendly and helpful colleagues and management. Most enjoyable part of job is constant learning. Typical day spent in lab and at desk.
Very slow paced
Filling Technician (Former Employee) –  Maplewood, MONovember 17, 2016
Often 16 hour shifts, every other day.

In clean room for 2 hrs out to ours.

Many SOPs constantly updated and reviewed.

A lot of training, but not proper training.

Poor decision making on management.
Pros
Pay, Freedom, Easy going, Can focus
Cons
Overnights can be brutal and family can get neglected
Great learning experience
Financial Analyst (Former Employee) –  Memphis, TNNovember 17, 2016
Great learning experience, however the company has limited growth opportunities. Also the company is infamous for laying off colleagues and cost cutting.
Great culture and professionalism. Also a fun place to work hard.
Compliance Manager (Former Employee) –  Pearl River, NYNovember 16, 2016
Goals are clearly identified and you can cross train in other jobs.
Great mentoring program due to large talent pool. Good sense of job satisfaction and make great friends while overcoming the challenges of a highly regulated industry.
Pros
business casual dress code, friendly environment, can work from home.
Cons
Your job could be moved overseas.
Best company in the word.
Lead Packaging Technician (Former Employee) –  Brooklyn, NYNovember 15, 2016
I work at Pfizer for sixteen years with an excellent group of people. It was a great team work environment and outstanding leadership that encourage every employee to develop their skills and advance their careers.
Pros
Great benefts, competative wages.
Cons
The location of the company.
Very interesting place to work
Pharmaceutical operator (Former Employee) –  Pearl River, NYNovember 15, 2016
Very productive place to work enjoyed working with the people on my shift we had very good teamwork The work environment was very enjoyable and peaceful
Productive and easy workplace
Production Operator (Former Employee) –  Austin, TXNovember 12, 2016
Nice place to work. No work was ever too physically demanding and I worked with a lot of experienced and helpful individuals. I learned a lot about production while I worked here and would recommend it to just about anyway. The hardest thing about the job was just learning to get into a rhythm of checking everything on the machine to make sure everything was running ok. I did enjoy everybody I worked with though.
Pros
Free lunches, Cultured work environment
Great company
Corporate, Leader and Brand Communications (Current Employee) –  New York, NYNovember 11, 2016
Difficult to navigate the multi-layered, old school corporate ways in order to identify best path for career growth. The culture can change from team to team.
Pros
Fridays end at 2pm for 6 months / year
Cons
Constant re-organization
Just a short time
Regional Business Director - Pharmacia (Former Employee) –  CinchonaNovember 11, 2016
Was only with PFE for a short time, but my impression is that at the time PFE ws a "my way or the highway" company in their absorption of Pharmacy. We had many talented people and excellent process that they did not even consider when they purchased Pharmacia.
Pros
People of Pharmacy
Cons
Pfizer culture
excellent place to work
Communications Consultant (Former Employee) –  New London, CTNovember 10, 2016
Great life/work balance. Challenging work within a great corporate culture with perks of a fabulous cafeteria, gym, lovely offices and lots of collaboration amongst colleagues.
fdfd
Associate Plant Engineer (Current Employee) –  St. Louis, MONovember 10, 2016
I do not want to make a comment on this company, therefore, I wont say anything bad about it. The owner gave me a chance with an internship when I had no experience which allowed me to have the opportunities that I have today.