Pfizer Inc. Employee Reviews in United States

Found 1,127 reviews matching the search
Challenging professional atmosphere
MANAGER of Clinical Affairs (Former Employee) –  New York, NYFebruary 8, 2016
I enjoyed this position for numerous reasons. I was able to design, develop and deploy an in-house patient registry enrollment program for heart valve patients per the requirements of the Safe Medical Device Act of 1990. I successfully educated 100,000+ patients/physician worldwide regarding product lines, medical, legal and regulatory issues. I was also given the opportunity to locate 896 patients at 14 institutions (U.S., Canadian, and European Hospitals), develop protocols, study requirements, case report forms, budgets, contacts and feasibility process for a IDE follow-up program complying with FDA directives.
I enjoyed working with all of my co-workers which included the engineering and legal staff. Even though our projects were very stressful and challenging, we always found time to enjoy our jobs and each other's company.
Pros
Diverse workplace, good benefits, and variety of work
Cons
Stressful environment but manageable
Great Workplace with a few caveats
Scientist (Current Employee) –  Pearl River, NYMarch 28, 2016
Workplace culture is great and you will be kept busy. It is a fun environment, but the work can be pretty demanding. Continue to learn and expand skills on your own time because you'll mainly focus on a couple of skills. The work is rewarding at the end of the day, but it is very easy to get lost in the trenches of the daily grind.
Pros
Great benefits and culture
Cons
Hard to move up, not a lot of visibility
Great company to work for. Productive environment and a company that cares about their employees.
Business Insights Analyst - Broker Operations (Former Employee) –  Madison, NJNovember 16, 2015
The management team at Pfizer is very lazar-focused and they clearly articulate their goals and objectives to the organization in a clear and concise manner.

This communication was very important as it rallied everyone around these goals, which made this working environment very productive and supportive.

While the environment was both supportive and productive, it was dynamic and fast paced as well.
Pros
Job culture is great as well as the benefits
Cons
Job security, advancement
Great place to work.
Process Operator (Former Employee) –  Rouses Point, NYMarch 16, 2016
Work all shifts. Leaned a lot about pharmaceuticals. I enjoyed work with Management and my Co-workers. A typical day at work consisted of: First have a meeting to inform on how processes are going (problems with equipment and status of process). Second I would see previous operator too insure where process was.
Pros
Healthcare and Benefits.
Gained a lot of experience troubleshooting machines
Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Brooklyn, NYDecember 3, 2015
Gained a lot of experience with pharmaceutical manufacturing processes and equipment working with PLCs and other ancillary devices. Had the opportunity to give a presentation to the Director of Operations of North America/Pfizer, of which I received many compliments from my supervisors and managers.
Pros
Great pay, great co-workers, excellent benefits, very close to home.
Cons
Work-life balance not good, very low job security (I was laid off)
Professional Healthcare rep
Professional Healthcare Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  New York, NYMarch 23, 2016
Good company, but will let you go. Great culture and benefits offer pet insurance! All about getting along with DM. Long application process
Productive and Fun workplace
Security Manager - Security Department (Former Employee) –  Pearl River,New YorkFebruary 19, 2016
Family Oriented Business with all workers reaching a common goal.
Good pay and benefits.My job was interesting because no two days were the same.This company paid for my education as I would not have been able to do so on my own. Made a lot of friends and also met my wife there.
Smart people
director (Current Employee) –  New York, NYJanuary 4, 2016
challenging and rewarding work experience, but not many opportunities for advancement.

smart people/co-workers

trust the leadership
Pros
compensation, work/life balance, changes and agility
Cons
not many opportunities for advancement
Excellent benefits and place to learn
Scientist (Current Employee) –  Pearl River, NYJanuary 27, 2016
A great place to learn new things and participate in activities. Benefits and perks are great, however, not always given the opportunity to grow and expand your career.
benefits
Cons
opportunities
Very fast paced, long hours, expect to work weekend, but you are well compensated
Senior Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  New York, NYNovember 2, 2015
Excellent compensation. Long hours. Management needs to do a better job at enforcing the No Jerks policy. Walk the talk and address the growing cynicism by putting in place a plan on execution of the policy.
Pros
great compensation
Cons
Build a less fearful and more inclusive environment. Protection from horrible bosses.
Interesting and educational company to work for
Associate Mgr, Pharmaceutical Regulatory Affairs (Former Employee) –  Lincoln, NEOctober 4, 2015
Worked in the Animal Health division yet was connected to the human Pharmaceutical divisions as well. Very supportive management. Very liberal educational opportunities and national meeting attendance. Great travel opportunity with substantial compensation. Good relationships with colleagues and company fostered good relations. Large company with large number of employees at my site, but I worked in a small group so it was the best of both worlds. Good supervisor support for decisions yet was allowed to work independently. The most enjoyable part of the job was interacting with veterinarians and feed suppliers. Also learning about government regulations. Unfortunately like some large corporations, profits and bottom line affects decisions and the decision was made to move my department to New York with no opportunity to go elsewhere. I was allowed to retire and receive a substantial package. My typical work day included lots of variety.
Pros
Fantastic benefits
Cons
Having to work well over 40 hours per week including week ends.
great workplace
Technological Support Analyst (Current Employee) –  New York, NYJanuary 13, 2016
great workplace
Leader in the pharmaceutical sector
Transnational company
Excellent co-workers
always encouraging the personal and professional development
Law-abiding
Great Compromise working with our customers
Pros
all the benefits of law
A solid organization
Professional Healthcare Representative (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TexasSeptember 28, 2015
Established Company with good compensation and benefits along with cooperative and helpful colleagues and supportive management.
Enjoyed being the owner of my territory and running it as if it were my own business while utilizing company's support with marketing tools to exceed both company and personal goals.
Pros
Interesting job and opportunity to learn and develop customer relationships.
Cons
Job security could be better
Excellent company
product specialist (Former Employee) –  New York, NYDecember 1, 2015
Gold standard in management. Know how to thrive in change. Very dynamic and proactive. Have core values and care for employees. Give good benefits and pay too. Strict , organized and disciplined employees. Proud to be part of this company.
Pros
So many benefits
Cons
Stressful and fast pace
Watch your back
Chemical Operator (Former Employee) –  Kalamazoo, MIJanuary 7, 2016
If you dont have family there, beware!
full of backstabbers and two-faced people
safety and workplace exposure and hazzards
Pros
great benifits
Cons
Over-worked under paid, cut-throat environment
Productive and fun place to work, even with a professional ping pong table and good players,
Bio-Process Technician (Former Employee) –  Sanford, NCOctober 7, 2015
Good work environment, opportunities to grow professionally. It is a company with excellent equipment and support to do the job.
Compensation is a little below the average of the same position in other Pfizer sites.
In some way is sad that they are removing some benefits in 2017. this is no good for new employees.
Pros
Good environment, good expectation for job seccurity
Cons
Reduction of benefits in 2017.
Good place to work.
Service Delivery Manager - IT Infrastructure (Former Employee) –  Collegeville, PANovember 24, 2015
Great, smart people. Good place to work. Advancement opportunities. Great benefits. Since Pfizer acquires a company every other day it's hard to think about job security or stability.
Good benefits
Senior Scientist (Former Employee) –  Groton, CTOctober 14, 2015
Company offers good benefits. Used to be good culture in terms of work life balance, trusting your management, advancement opportunities etc. With the onset of merger and aquisitions, culture has deteriorated with prevalence in back stabbing.
Very large coorperation can be easy to feel lost.
Packaging Operator (Current Employee) –  Kalamazoo, MIDecember 1, 2015
Pfizer is a very large company, it can be easy to feel a bit lost. Most of the work is controlled by regulations from FDA and other regulatory organizations. It makes the rules seem unnecessarily complex.
Pros
Good benefits
Cons
Impersonal
Pfizer was a great company to work for (5 years ago)
New Product Marketing (Former Employee) –  New YorkOctober 15, 2015
Very sad that this once premier company has shed all the benefits that once made it the best company to work for. Pfizer is now like any other big Pharma; cutthroat colleagues and diminishing benefits.
Pros
the science and commitment to excellence
Cons
cutthroat culture

4.2