Pfizer Inc. Employee Reviews

Found 1,282 reviews matching the search
No job security
Production Operator (Former Employee) –  Rocky Mount, NCFebruary 23, 2017
When this company was owned by Hospira, it was a great work environment to work in but when it was purchased by Pfizer they began to downsize and layoff experienced workers. The hardest part of the job was to work on unorganized lines.
Pros
Great workers, great attitudes
Cons
short breaks, poor upper management
good place to job
Production Operator (Former Employee) –  Rocky Mount, NCFebruary 22, 2017
Shift started at 3pm to 11pm learned a lot different types of medicine learned what sops meant worked well with management believed in team work there wasn't any hard parts to the job the most enjoyable part of the job working other with more experience than I had and the rotation every 30 minutes working from one station to another and learning new things.
Did not work there so long
Consultant (Former Employee) –  New JerseyFebruary 22, 2017
Company are very nice. and people too. Did not work long there to give proper review. management are good. the nice place to work. And nice people around. Company take care about there employees but IT mostly consultants. And IT also using a lot overseas consultants.
Pros
Cons
It are mostly are cinsultants
It was very nice to work in Pharmaceutical Industry
Quality Control Chemist (Former Employee) –  New York, NYFebruary 20, 2017
I was working as a Quality Control Chemist in Pfizer and I learned lots of new things about production, technology used in pharmaceutical industries, meeting with different kinds of peoples.
There was so much fun to work.
Warehouse worker assist (Former Employee) –  Memphis, TNFebruary 20, 2017
The most enjoyable part of my job was working with my peers and new experiences everyday, the morning meetings and outing for the employees, Great relationship with Management.
Pros
free lunches
Cons
short breaks
Best company to work with
Healthcare Representative (Former Employee) –  San Juan, PRFebruary 17, 2017
Excellent environment to work with, very professional goals, wonderful strategies, best products promoted backed up with strong science data. Competitive benefits.
Pros
Great company, right strategies, strong products
good place to work
QA Tester (Former Employee) –  Morris Plains, NJFebruary 16, 2017
A decent work environment incredible advantages. I took in a considerable measure from the time I began there until the time I exited. The administration was incredible never had an issue with anybody . Work was simply never had a hard day there. Worker's were inviting everybody helped each other the compensation was extraordinary. work environment was an incredible situation.
Pros
good food in cafeteria
Cons
food is expensive
Company in a state of flux; future unclear
Computer system management Linux/MacOS/Unix (Former Employee) –  Cambridge, MAFebruary 15, 2017
Pfizer was closing many its offices in Cambridge, MA and moving their staff and facilities to other parts of town. Their computers were partly managed by staff out of state. I had to ask them to do things which I might have expected to be able to do myself. Their building was deliberately over-staffed. People were working with their laptops in the cafeteria. Most staff members didn't have a regular work station. Rather they had to look for a free spot if there was one. Pfizer had acquired two other pharmaceutical companies and was still incorporating their staffs and facilities into its own. There were major lay-offs twice shortly after I left.

I like working with computers in general (which is why I'm in that field) and I learned about some Unix file systems which permitted using one pathname for more than one disk and dynamic re-partitioning. I also got to learn about Nagios and some 3D systems. Those were the best parts of the job.
Performance driven-company; balance of work and home
Sr. Manager, Compliance Operations (Current Employee) –  New York, NYFebruary 13, 2017
Performance driven-company; balance of work and home; great work ethic and training on core competencies. Focused on healthcare law compliance and regular monitoring activities.
Nice Culture
Logistic Operator, Supply Chain (Former Employee) –  Pearl River, NYFebruary 11, 2017
Culture and atmosphere were the highlights of my time at Pfizer. I gained a lot of valuable friendships and connections with colleagues. Work/life balance, salary, and benefits were competitive.
great work life balance terrible management
Pathology Technical Specialist (Former Employee) –  Groton, CTFebruary 10, 2017
The job itself was fine but there was little room for advancement within the path department and management needed to be changed up and improved.
More work would be given to you without the real option of being able to advance. So you might have someone who was a trainer but they were still making the same as the people they were training and would have the same title. This is just one example.
Very Nice Place to work
SUPERVISOR / PAYROLL CLERK (Former Employee) –  Memphis, TNFebruary 9, 2017
A very good place to work great benefits . I learned a lot from the time I started there until the time I left . Management was great never had a problem with anyone . Work was easy never had a hard day there. Employee's were very friendly everyone helped each other the pay was great . workplace was a great environment .
Excellent employer with a stable work environment
Therapeutic Specialty Representative (Former Employee) –  San Juan, PRFebruary 8, 2017
At Pfizer, I have a fast professional growth because it is a company with opportunities to develop my skills, talents and capacities. This company is always looking for discover new therapies in order to maintain itself competitive in the pharmaceutical industry. Also, Pfizer is a workplace full of values, such as: Respect for People.
Pros
Value of Respect for People
Cons
Loss of products patents
Used to be the best
Professional Healthcare Representative (Former Employee) –  Detroit, MIFebruary 8, 2017
Outstanding compensation package. The company usually gives the sales rep all the tools needed to meet high sales numbers.
typical day
formulation operator (Former Employee) –  Portage, MIFebruary 8, 2017
management was ok people are kind of rude because the older they are the more territorial it gets but great pay. other than that no complaints.
nice center of job
Operator (Former Employee) –  Caguas, PRFebruary 8, 2017
Very good company . Have a very work ce ter to the employer.The company have good salary for people. Have a good health plan to employer and free medicine of Pfizer recipe.
Pros
good services of the cafeteria.
Broad Exposure in Parenteral Space
Associate Research Fellow; Associate Director (Former Employee) –  Ann Arbor, MIFebruary 6, 2017
Great experience. Allowed to progress of human and veterinary products for parenteral dosing through cross-functional and cross-site collaborations in a matrixed organization that operated through what was called business units at the time. My work included complex injectables support and management,
Productive, Good Job culture
Intern (Current Employee) –  McPherson, KSFebruary 6, 2017
I love my internship at Pfizer. It is a great company to work for. There is such a wide variety of jobs at Pfizer, just about anyone can find a position there.
Pros
Outstanding Work Culture
Cons
Expensive cafeteria
Marketing (Former Employee) –  New York, NYFebruary 5, 2017
It's refreshing to work amongst a group of smart, driven, dedicated people who are committed to improving the treatment options in medicine. Working here was one of the best decisions that I've made.
Diverse workplace with many opportunities to learn more than what was in my job description
Executive Assistant for I&I Department (Former Employee) –  Cambridge, MAFebruary 2, 2017
The workplace was laidback and comfortable but not too much. Just enough to be relaxed and a good environment to focus on work. There were people from the UK, Asia, and the US, which made it comfortable for everyone working there.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Pfizer Inc.. Our community is ready to answer.

4.2