Pfizer Inc.

Pfizer Inc. Employer Reviews

A great place to do science
Senior Associate Scientist, (Current Employee), Boston, MAJuly 31, 2014
A typical day comprises of performing experiments, managing junior scientists, troubleshooting experiments, helping other scientists in their experiments,and presenting data to the project management teams.
Team-work style work environment, scientifically outstanding and curious co-workers.
A great place to work
Program Manager (Former Employee), New York, NYJuly 29, 2014
The company seems to put real thought into assembling working teams, if this is not the case, I suppose the other way groups form is through recommendation and internal promotions. I was able to take my skills, knowledge, and expertise, contribute it all to the company and grow significantly from the experience. Constant lay-offs are a struggle but – more... also part of the learning experience. I would not trade in the experience I gained at Pfizer. – less
a new organization
Development Operations, Compliance Oversight Lead (Current Employee), Istanbul, TURKEYJuly 29, 2014
- A typical day starts with an issue and continues by trying to resolve theissue
- Learned a lot about oversight management
best in class company
Development lab Technician (Former Employee), PRJuly 23, 2014
Pros: near home
Cons: don't give much oportunities to become a regular employee.
excellent lab experience, great great lab management
overall good salary, best in town.
Company in transformation.
Senior Project Engineer, Engineering Operations (Former Employee), Pearl River, NYJuly 22, 2014
Pros: managment supports employee development
Cons: large company in restructuring
Structural changes in the pharmaceutical industry have transformed the focus of the company from discovering, developing, testing, and producing drugs to more acquisitions and partnerships with smaller companies that do not have the sales and distribution channels that Pfizer does have. Although there is a lot of change internally, management has been – more... adept at managing the change and keeping the company in the desired direction. – less
Amazing experience and lot of learning
Internship (Former Employee), Karachi PakistanJuly 21, 2014
Pros: amazing lunches
Cons: long hours
I was intern at Pfizer Pharmaceuticals for the summer. The co workers helped me lot as it was a completely different atmosphere comparing it to my previous internships. I was the only intern in the department and there was a great work load. It was a very good experience as i learned time management and how to customise reports according different supervisors – more... preferences. – less
Very intergrative workforce, lot of benefits, and interaction
Biological production technician (Former Employee), Lincoln, NEJuly 14, 2014
Pros: picincs, holiday celebrations, paid holidays
Cons: working in extreme such as heat or cold
Performing assays,writing reports, equipment maintenance, maintain safety, ordering and stocking supplies.
On the job training of viral processes
Co-workers where energetic and wonderful to work with
Management was understanding and supportive of staff
Schedule changes
Working with assays and knowing that my work was excellent
Hard Physical Labor
Sterilization Technician (Former Employee), Lincoln, NEJuly 9, 2014
Pros: work as a team to get a reliable safe vaccine into production.
Cons: intense and extreme working conditions.
Maintained in place equipment. Maintained and aseptically cleaned and sterilized instruments and equipment for the animal vaccine production. Heavy lifting, bending, twisting, kneeling, hot steam, hazardous chemical handling, extreme temperatures, and detailed documentation.
Good work life balance
Supply Chain Senior Associate (Current Employee), Peapack NJJuly 9, 2014
Great working campus and good work life balance. Superb summer hour policy compared to surrounding companies.
Great job opportunity
Operator (Former Employee), Caguas,PRJuly 6, 2014
Pros: great place to learn and work
Cons: none cons
It is a great job opportunity as manufacturing operator. As operator you learn the importance and the minimum details of the manufacturing process.
The company also offered interaction with employees and their families. Summer Family Days were part of the agenda, Christmas Galas, and the site had
Human Resources Representative (Former Employee), Carolina, PRJuly 2, 2014
Pros: excellent activities to celebrate company goals, presentation of motivational speakers, presenatation of company stock option (both as gifts and to purchase). also, educational aid, making it possible to obtain a college degree with company help.
Cons: i honestly cannot find anything wrong with the company.
At Pfizer Corporation there was no typical day.
As previously mentioned I worked all aspects of Human Resources, from recruting, United Way Campaign--travelling to HQ for training, AAP, New Hire Presentation, among other duties.

I have always said more than any university, my learning experience from the company was priceless. It was during a period – more... of great change for any HR Department, as the Department was no longer an "attached" department of Finance and or Marketing. It was during the time period where federal laws were commencing, (such as AAP, Family Medical Leave Act, Pregnant Mothers, Discrimination Acts, among others). It was the moment of total organization and I was part of that movement.

Due to all the new changes, laws, etc., management of time and employees was of utmost importance. One had to know how to deal with changes, and although this was all new, it was a challenge, a well welcomed challenge.

During my tenure at Pfizer I can say that co-workers were excellent. Up to this date, I have never had problems with any co-worker. As a professional in HR, I have been able to work around even the most difficult people, always bringing out the best in them.

The hardest part of my job was a change in supervisor, whereas my first supervisor was more balanced towards both employees and company; my second sueprvisor was very demanding and along with many changes that were occuring within any HR Department during that time made it somewhat difficult work the balance the company had with internal customers, which were the employees.

The most enjoyable part of my job: my participation with the United Way Campaign, the company would completely go out of its way to make employee participation as attractive as possible. Also, working on behalf of the company in community awareness was also very rewarding. I would go visit different orphanages, homes for the elderly and evaluate their respective needs, and see how the company could contribute their needs. I made contacts with other companies and they too would help us with these needs. – less
Culture that fosters transparency, accountability and team support.
Vaccines Territory Manager (Former Employee), Gulfcoast MS and Northshore LAJuly 1, 2014
My work experience as both a vaccine representative and specialty pain representative included successful multi-territory penetration in marketing multiple pharmaceuticals with success in meeting aggressive growth objectives on a continuing basis. I am recognized as a top-performing sales professional, consistently ranking among the top 20-30 percent, – more... earning several performance awards. In addition to this, I have developed many lasting relations with pain specialists, internal medicine, orthopedic, and family practice physicians, pediatricians and neurologist along with a good understanding of their concerns.

My academic preparation includes my current pursuit of a Masters in Business Administration (MBA) and a Bachelor of Science degree in Business Administration with an emphasis in Management. My successful experience includes direct account selling, new product launches, business planning, sales growth, mentoring and relationship building.

I enjoy the flexibility to use targeting tools and field knowledge to formulate and implement a successful sales strategy. The most challenging part of vaccines sales was executing the compelling sales message without the recommendations of the ACIP to support the adult vaccine utilization with in our product labeling. Despite this challenge, I was able to exceed my adult goal in 2013 at 117% to goal. – less
High Paced Work Environment
Lead Investigator Drug Product (Former Employee), Pearl River, NYJune 30, 2014
Pros: easily commutable
Cons: sub-par cafeteria
Working at Pfizer was high paced and had tight deadlines. The work environment was stressful, yet productive. The campus spanned acres and was well maintained.
Would Never Work There Again!
Production (Former Employee), Carlisle, PAJune 28, 2014
The job itself was good and I enjoyed doing what was expected from me, but the management sucked really bad! They did not care about their employees and no matter how hard you worked, they did not appreciate it. The supervisor would lie straight to your face and talk bad about you behind your back. I am glad I am no longer there!
ok company to work with
Senior Principal Scientist (Former Employee), La Jolla, CAJune 26, 2014
good benefit, some interesting projects, good benefit, some interesting projects,good benefit, some interesting projects,
great company to work for
Compounding Operator - Pharmaceutical Drugs (Former Employee), MOJune 25, 2014
Pros: familie like
loved to work for Pfizer ,co workers and management have been awesome .don't think there really was a hard part of any of the jobs I had at Pfizer .I enjoyed all the people working at Pfizer more like a familie to the day with our yearly get togethers .
Excellent management with complete emphasis on work efficiency and quality of life outside of work balance.
Packaging Shift Leader (Former Employee), Terre Haute, INJune 22, 2014
Excellent compensation with a terrific focus on work efficiency vs quality of life outside of work.
Excellent Company to work, focus was on customer satisfaction and needs,
Sr. Desktop Support Manager (Former Employee), Morris Planins, NJJune 18, 2014
Excellent company to work for, meeting the needs of the business. Allowing the employees to move in different areas of the business to learn and progress.
Challenging and Satisfying Job Role
Manager, Aggregate Reports Analyst (Oncology) (Current Employee), Bridgewater, NJJune 17, 2014
I enjoy the clinical aspect of my job. I know that I have to use my expertise in drug knowledge in pharmacology and clinical skills to complete the tasks at handed to me on a daily basis and accept the challenges that may arise at any given time.
productive and fun place to work
Deskside Support Technician (Former Employee), Peapack, NJJune 17, 2014
Pros: positive and great team work environment
Cons: the commute
Typical day at work included keeping up with tickets completing jobs and closing out tickets. This was a great place to learn and work in with a great deal of support .

1 2 3 4 5

About Pfizer Inc.

Pfizer pfabricates pfarmaceuticals pfor quite a pfew inpfirmities. The company is the world's largest research-based pharmaceuticals – Read more