Pfizer Inc. Employee Reviews in United States

Found 1,127 reviews matching the search
Interesting and educational company to work for
Associate Mgr, Pharmaceutical Regulatory Affairs (Former Employee) –  Lincoln, NEOctober 4, 2015
Worked in the Animal Health division yet was connected to the human Pharmaceutical divisions as well. Very supportive management. Very liberal educational opportunities and national meeting attendance. Great travel opportunity with substantial compensation. Good relationships with colleagues and company fostered good relations. Large company with large number of employees at my site, but I worked in a small group so it was the best of both worlds. Good supervisor support for decisions yet was allowed to work independently. The most enjoyable part of the job was interacting with veterinarians and feed suppliers. Also learning about government regulations. Unfortunately like some large corporations, profits and bottom line affects decisions and the decision was made to move my department to New York with no opportunity to go elsewhere. I was allowed to retire and receive a substantial package. My typical work day included lots of variety.
Pros
Fantastic benefits
Cons
Having to work well over 40 hours per week including week ends.
Top choice among PhRMA companies to work for
Regional Medical and Research Specialist (Former Employee) –  New York, NYMarch 11, 2016
Pfizer commits much time and resource to developing employees and helping them advance within the company. I enjoyed my tenure with this large company and would definitely come back!
Pros
Great advancement opportunities
Cons
very large so hard to navigate collaboration efforts
Watch your back
Chemical Operator (Former Employee) –  Kalamazoo, MIJanuary 7, 2016
If you dont have family there, beware!
full of backstabbers and two-faced people
safety and workplace exposure and hazzards
Pros
great benifits
Cons
Over-worked under paid, cut-throat environment
Great Workplace
Environmental Health and Safety Intern (Former Employee) –  New York, NYSeptember 27, 2015
Really great corporate culture and people. Opportunity to advance and great work-life management. Lots of job perks, benefits of working in a global company. Very fast paced and work gets done efficiently.
Excellent company
product specialist (Former Employee) –  New York, NYDecember 1, 2015
Gold standard in management. Know how to thrive in change. Very dynamic and proactive. Have core values and care for employees. Give good benefits and pay too. Strict , organized and disciplined employees. Proud to be part of this company.
Pros
So many benefits
Cons
Stressful and fast pace
Good place to work.
Service Delivery Manager - IT Infrastructure (Former Employee) –  Collegeville, PANovember 24, 2015
Great, smart people. Good place to work. Advancement opportunities. Great benefits. Since Pfizer acquires a company every other day it's hard to think about job security or stability.
Logistics Manager (Former Employee) –  Puerto RicoSeptember 23, 2015
Pfizer is a great place to work. It offers very challenging but rewarding job. Overall culture is very friendly and benefits for the employees are very good.
Pros
excellent movility and benefits
Cons
Job security
Pfizer was a great company to work for (5 years ago)
New Product Marketing (Former Employee) –  New YorkOctober 15, 2015
Very sad that this once premier company has shed all the benefits that once made it the best company to work for. Pfizer is now like any other big Pharma; cutthroat colleagues and diminishing benefits.
Pros
the science and commitment to excellence
Cons
cutthroat culture
My 90 minute commute was worth the long drive since benefits and pay were quite satisfactory.
Aseptic Vaccine Operator (Former Employee) –  Pearl River, NYJune 14, 2016
A typical day could be anything but typical. Working in a fast paced environment schedules could change at the drop of a hat due to equipment failure or lack of staff. The hardest part in my day could be juggling the many personalities that one comes in contact with on a daily basis. I have learned patience is a virtue in dealing with people and changing routines and situations. It is satisfying at the end of the work day to see production run smoothly despite the delays and mishaps.
Pros
The company was procative in giving employee incentives for a job well done.
Cons
At times it was difficult to remain in the sterilized fill/finish, area up to three hours, with out a bathroom break, but, it was necessary to the function of the task.
Over 4 decades working on mant applications
Consultant (Former Employee) –  New York, NYMay 12, 2016
Throughout this consulting assignment, functioned in many capacities --- from programmer/analyst to project leader. Whether working on one large, mission-critical deliverable or working on several smaller ones, was responsible for maintaining legacy systems, client/server and web-based applications. At times working as a member of a team and at times functioning alone, was usually the liaison between IT and the business sectors---writing specifications, conducting system walkthroughs, and leading the testing efforts. Successfully met deliverables (whether homegrown systems, package installation, or the linkage of the two) for a multitude of client managers through many reorganizations over this 37-year period.
This is a great company to work for and I am very proud of my accomplishments and the progress I made in a small amount of time. Thank You
Executive Administrative Assistant (Current Employee) –  New York, NYMarch 21, 2016
Will give response at a later date. I enjoyed working with my peers and colleagues. There is not much opportunity for advancement for the administrative staff of this company.
Great culture, lackluster appreciation
Senior Process Technician II (Current Employee) –  Andover, MAJuly 31, 2015
My colleagues at Pfizer are amazing people to work with. It doesn't matter what your position is or what group you work for, everyone is willing to help and look out for each others' safety. However, there is little advancement available here.
Pros
Great people/culture, clean facility, easy commute
Cons
Poor raises/bonus compared to similar companies, no career advancement
Good company, Great people
Senior Laboratory Analyst (Former Employee) –  Brooklyn, NYSeptember 30, 2015
Overall good company to work for, if you fit in. Train and develop talents. many opportunities to learn.
But, in the last decade, it becomes tougher to move up through mid management.
Pros
Good company, fair salary
Cons
Too big for Change implementation
Great place to work.
Professional Healthcare Representative Sales (Former Employee) –  Louisville, KyOctober 23, 2015
Great place to work. Own it environment made you feel vested in the company. Work life balance was great. Pfizer makes it a point to listen to the information gathered from surveys on personnel and culture. Pfizer tends to take action in terms of investing in its people.
excellent company
Scientist (Current Employee) –  Groton, CTFebruary 2, 2016
Great oppertunities within the company. Provide plenty of oppertunities for employees to grow. Very talented and skilled workforce.
Pros
great learning culture
Cons
Need to improve efficiency
Great company
Manufacturing Technician III (Current Employee) –  Chesterfield, MONovember 5, 2015
Fun place to work, many opportunities to train and develop a future career. Typical work day is assigned by shifts and management allows freedom for each shift to make their own decisions.
Productive and a safety enviroment
Manufacturing Mechanic (Current Employee) –  PRJanuary 11, 2016
Working in Pfizer has been a great experience in my life got a lot of experience on different areas and different cultures but life must go on need to move to the main land to search better opportunities.
Working At Pfizer
Vaccine Operator (Current Employee) –  Pearl River, NYApril 26, 2016
I currently work the night shift, which is from 11:00pm-7:30am, I usually work on the assembly line, but also work in the section where we prepare the parts, I work where ever I am ask to work. When I do overtime, I usually do overtime on first shift, which is 7:30am-3:30pm, but sometimes, I only do 4-hours, and leave at 11:30am, overtime is good, but tiring, so I do what I can. I love my job, and love what I do...am very sad to see this job go, and wish the job was not moving to other factory plants. I have put almost 17-years into this job, and will always miss being a Pfizer worker.
Pros
Long Lunch Breaks, Short Regular Breaks
Cons
Long Overtime Hours, and Short Breaks
Productive and Fun workplace
Security Manager - Security Department (Former Employee) –  Pearl River,New YorkFebruary 19, 2016
Family Oriented Business with all workers reaching a common goal.
Good pay and benefits.My job was interesting because no two days were the same.This company paid for my education as I would not have been able to do so on my own. Made a lot of friends and also met my wife there.
Productive and fun place to work, even with a professional ping pong table and good players,
Bio-Process Technician (Former Employee) –  Sanford, NCOctober 7, 2015
Good work environment, opportunities to grow professionally. It is a company with excellent equipment and support to do the job.
Compensation is a little below the average of the same position in other Pfizer sites.
In some way is sad that they are removing some benefits in 2017. this is no good for new employees.
Pros
Good environment, good expectation for job seccurity
Cons
Reduction of benefits in 2017.

4.2