Pflugerville Independent School District

Pflugerville Independent School District Employee Reviews

Very fun, educating, flexible and overall rewarding
Group Leader (Current Employee), PISDJuly 30, 2014
Pros: fun opportunities, additional training, physical and rewarding work
Cons: no healthcare benefits, hours are too few and pay could be a little higher
My days in this position include guiding kids ages 5-7 from activity to activity, ensuring their safety and creating events for them that are fun, educational, physical and provides them opportunities to grow. Doing my job and doing it well depends on my direct supervisor and co-workers and it was a blessing to have a supportive, compassionate, friendly and understanding supervisor who allowed his team the opportunities to be a team, to train, learn, share, have fun, provided flexibility and encouragement to work together toward the same goals in giving the best care possible. I've learned that kids need more positive and fun influences; Even though kids are so young they experience, similar to adults, difficult emotions and situations between friendships, family and learning and at times learning more about them and things you cannot change for them aside from listening and being supportive is a bit difficult.It is an opportunity and a privilege to be in a position to make a difference in a young persons life through positive encouragement, correction, entertainment and even direction that can affect a young and growing mind.
poritive learning environement
Teacher (Former Employee), Pflugerville, TexasOctober 6, 2013
One of the aspects of this job is that we're constantly learning, and we're constantly challenged by the administration, to strive to be better and to serve others better
Educational Associate (Current Employee), Pflugerville, TXJune 17, 2013
Pros: great hours and holidays, summers off
Cons: pay, lack of respect for ea's
I like the job and working with the kids, which in the end all that matters is the kids. Most adults are nice to one another, however, there are some in administration who do not respect Ed. Assoc. or other employees.
Great place to work!
Student Teacher (Current Employee), Pflugerville, TXMay 17, 2013
Pros: excellent people
Cons: short lunch break.
Working for PISD has been a wonderful experience. The administration is always polite and the staff at my school is always very respectful to each others views and oppinions.
Fast-growing, Progressive School District
Administrator (Current Employee), Central OfficeMarch 17, 2013
PfISD is a fast-growing, progressive school district that works diligently to ensure students receive a meaningful education.

Each Child. Their Future. Our World.
Supportive work environment
Educational Associate (Current Employee), Pflugerville TexasFebruary 20, 2013
Pros: co-workers
Cons: compensation
Being a public education setting the days vary depending on the volatility of the students. What makes the experience easier is the co-workers. Not only do I feel supported by them but I also feel like I am constantly learning from them.
Growing in every way
Superintendent Intern, Instructional Coach (Former Employee), Pflugerville, TXJuly 11, 2012
Pros: the kids and staff
Cons: leadership inconsistencies
Be prepared to arrive early, stay late, work on weekends. The kids are great and from very diverse populations and ethnic backgrounds.
A typical day is never experienced, but that's somewhat a benefit. One will plan for every moment, but be prepared for continuous flexibility.
Teachers work collaboratively (at least in theory) and there is a strict curriculum that keeps a teacher's lessons on track.

I've learned to overcome obstacles and remove multiple (but not all) barriers that block student success.

Management is challenged with phylosophical differences between old-style leadership and converting to modern methods. For example, many lead with an autocratic style, but call it democratic because their expectations are presented with such charisma. Unfortuneatly, that mixture often leads to confusion and conflict that interferes with the stated values and mission of the district.
I acknowledge that due to my expertise in leadership qualities that work better, I am more anxious to see them genuinely include teachers in the decision-making processes that impact student success such as school climate, professional development, and student diversity issues that impact their learning.

Co-workers are mostly positive, supportive and work well together. Again, the campus leader really establishes the climate that supports or damages interactions among staff. The staff are committed to the children and their success.

The hardest part of the job is leaving the kids every year, but the most enjoyable part is watching them move forward to the next level.
Great place to start in getting your feet wet with working with kids
Substitute Nurse (Former Employee), Pflugerville, TXMarch 28, 2012
Pros: lots of freedom on the amount of time i worked, got to experience a variety of jobs
Cons: being a sub was the hardest job i ever had!
The job was very flexible.

I worked whenever I wanted to.

Teachers loved my work so I became a popular substitute for them.

The ultimate goal was to become a full time staff member in which I achieved that!

The PISD district was a great place to work for!