Pflugerville Independent School District Employee Reviews

Marching band
Marching Band Instructor (Former Employee) –  Pflugerville, TXOctober 21, 2017
I taught one of the marching bands and the kids are fantastic, they staff has a little trouble among them but it's not so bad. They have a very strong program.
Substitute Teacher (Current Employee) –  Pflugerville, TXOctober 2, 2017
I loved working with Pflugerville ISD. The students were dedicated to their responsiblities. They knew what was expected of them. The school district is dedicated to the students.
Pros
A great learning environment
Cons
Extremely large student population and not enough space
Wonderful place
Educational Associate - Behavioral Support (Current Employee) –  Pflugerville, TXSeptember 30, 2017
Pflugerville Independent School District is a wonderful place to work. The Administration is awesome. The education of the students are a high priority.
Behavior Specialist
Special Education /Behavioral Unit Specialist (Former Employee) –  Austin, TX 78752August 19, 2017
Maintaing student progress in the general educational setting. Esctorting students from the Behavior Unit to their respective class room setting. Ensuringt the saftey of the students while in the school setting. In conclusion, the most enjoyable part of the job was watching students start in the unit and never return one they transitioned out.
Pros
Student personal growth
Cons
Leaving the Behvior Unit
Not the Best Place I've Worked
Coordinator of Custodial Services (Former Employee) –  Pflugerville, TXJuly 5, 2017
Executive leadership is very controlling and micromanaging, A lot goes on behind the scenes that should be out in the open. Some people have been there for a long time and their tenure outweighs just about any job title so you do things their way or it's the highway. The people I worked with who were my peers were genuine hard working honest people.
Pros
Lots of time off
Cons
Micromanagement
High Turnover of Leadership
Teacher (Former Employee) –  Austin, TXJune 26, 2017
There was a lot of turnover of leadership positions which made it very hard to get things done. Not a lot of help from admin or management positions at all
I love working for this school district
Educational Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Pflugerville, TXMay 23, 2017
from the time I entered the school I was in awe. I love the staff and leadership. It was a very successful academic setting. Even with challenges the school always found ways to make education and the learning a success.
Overall supervision and management is poor
Substitute Teacher (Former Employee) –  Pflugerville, TXMarch 9, 2017
The is no policy for Substitute Teachers. There is this "them" vs. "us" mentality, in my opinion, that exist between "Subs" and tenured certified teachers.
Pros
It is wonderful to be able to teach and influence students in a positive manner, I love working with students.
Cons
Low pay, lack of respect for Subs, poor management
Supportive district
Teacher Assistant (Former Employee) –  Austin, TXJuly 18, 2016
I enjoyed working with this district. It is very diverse and holds strong morals. The most enjoyable part about being a teacher is watching the kid's growth. The principal will evaluate you twice monthly. The relationship with parents in the community is astonishing. Parents are always welcomed and encouraged to sit in their child's room. No Child Left Behind, Ever!
Pros
strong team members
Cons
short break
Has a small town school district feel in a large school district.
Career and Technology Education (Current Employee) –  Austin, TXJuly 14, 2016
*CTE instructors are given leeway to create excellent opportunities for students.
*All school district have the same issues.
*Good cohorts to work with.
Very fun place to work, very professional
Teacher (Former Employee) –  Pflugerville, TXJuly 22, 2015
I enjoyed my years at Pflugerville High School very much. I taught amazing students who excelled at what they did. My colleagues were great, extremely professional, and dedicated to providing the best education they could to the 150 students they taught daily.
Pros
great students, good environment
Cons
always regulated by bells
Professional atmosphere
Substitute Teacher (Former Employee) –  Pflugerville, TXDecember 2, 2014
Great district where I assisted students in elementary school and provided them with the best assistance in order for them to have a prosperous day.
Very fun, educating, flexible and overall rewarding
Group Leader (Current Employee) –  PISDJuly 30, 2014
My days in this position include guiding kids ages 5-7 from activity to activity, ensuring their safety and creating events for them that are fun, educational, physical and provides them opportunities to grow. Doing my job and doing it well depends on my direct supervisor and co-workers and it was a blessing to have a supportive, compassionate, friendly and understanding supervisor who allowed his team the opportunities to be a team, to train, learn, share, have fun, provided flexibility and encouragement to work together toward the same goals in giving the best care possible. I've learned that kids need more positive and fun influences; Even though kids are so young they experience, similar to adults, difficult emotions and situations between friendships, family and learning and at times learning more about them and things you cannot change for them aside from listening and being supportive is a bit difficult.It is an opportunity and a privilege to be in a position to make a difference in a young persons life through positive encouragement, correction, entertainment and even direction that can affect a young and growing mind.
Pros
Fun opportunities, additional training, physical and rewarding work
Cons
No healthcare benefits, hours are too few and pay could be a little higher
poritive learning environement
Teacher (Former Employee) –  Pflugerville, TexasOctober 6, 2013
One of the aspects of this job is that we're constantly learning, and we're constantly challenged by the administration, to strive to be better and to serve others better
Educational Associate (Current Employee) –  Pflugerville, TXJune 17, 2013
I like the job and working with the kids, which in the end all that matters is the kids. Most adults are nice to one another, however, there are some in administration who do not respect Ed. Assoc. or other employees.
Pros
Great hours and holidays, summers off
Cons
Pay, lack of respect for EA's
Great place to work!
Student Teacher (Current Employee) –  Pflugerville, TXMay 17, 2013
Working for PISD has been a wonderful experience. The administration is always polite and the staff at my school is always very respectful to each others views and oppinions.
Pros
Excellent people
Cons
Short lunch break.
Fast-growing, Progressive School District
Administrator (Current Employee) –  Central OfficeMarch 17, 2013
PfISD is a fast-growing, progressive school district that works diligently to ensure students receive a meaningful education.

Each Child. Their Future. Our World.
Supportive work environment
Educational Associate (Current Employee) –  Pflugerville TexasFebruary 20, 2013
Being a public education setting the days vary depending on the volatility of the students. What makes the experience easier is the co-workers. Not only do I feel supported by them but I also feel like I am constantly learning from them.
Pros
co-workers
Cons
compensation
Growing in every way
Superintendent Intern, Instructional Coach (Former Employee) –  Pflugerville, TXJuly 11, 2012
Be prepared to arrive early, stay late, work on weekends. The kids are great and from very diverse populations and ethnic backgrounds.
A typical day is never experienced, but that's somewhat a benefit. One will plan for every moment, but be prepared for continuous flexibility.
Teachers work collaboratively (at least in theory) and there is a strict curriculum that keeps a teacher's lessons on track.

I've learned to overcome obstacles and remove multiple (but not all) barriers that block student success.

Management is challenged with phylosophical differences between old-style leadership and converting to modern methods. For example, many lead with an autocratic style, but call it democratic because their expectations are presented with such charisma. Unfortuneatly, that mixture often leads to confusion and conflict that interferes with the stated values and mission of the district.
I acknowledge that due to my expertise in leadership qualities that work better, I am more anxious to see them genuinely include teachers in the decision-making processes that impact student success such as school climate, professional development, and student diversity issues that impact their learning.

Co-workers are mostly positive, supportive and work well together. Again, the campus leader really establishes the climate that supports or damages interactions among staff. The staff are committed to the children and their success.

The hardest part of the job is leaving the kids every year, but the most enjoyable part is watching them move forward to the next level.
Pros
the kids and staff
Cons
leadership inconsistencies
Great place to start in getting your feet wet with working with kids
Substitute Nurse (Former Employee) –  Pflugerville, TXMarch 28, 2012
The job was very flexible.

I worked whenever I wanted to.

Teachers loved my work so I became a popular substitute for them.

The ultimate goal was to become a full time staff member in which I achieved that!

The PISD district was a great place to work for!
Pros
lots of freedom on the amount of time i worked, got to experience a variety of jobs
Cons
being a sub was the hardest job i ever had!