Pflugerville ISD Employee Reviews in United States

Horrible management
Teacher (Former Employee) –  Dessau MiddleMarch 30, 2016
Horrible place to work, lack of leadership and students are bullied and no one does anything about it. They do not affirm their leadership. The Assistant Principals run the school not the principal. He is not fair and does not work through issues, very disrespectful to the students.
Pros
Cons
Leadership Treats students and staff badly
Positions focused on students
Curriculum Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Pflugerville, TXNovember 4, 2015
While I have not been employed with PFISD for several years, my time as a member of the PFISD staff was memorable. Each campus has a unique culture and climate but all are focused on what is best for students.
average position
Electrician (Current Employee) –  Pflugerville, TXMay 10, 2016
Average position with lots of bureaucracy. School environment with lots of access limitations and security. Strange pay calculations as they charge you for their chosen vacation and closed days.
very friendly enviroment
Iss teacher (Current Employee) –  Pflugerville, TXOctober 7, 2015
I prepare student schedules get their work, talk with students about issues and problems they face. how to make better decisions to stay out of iss. Its very difficult reaching some of these students because of their background. there is good cooperation from the principals and the teachers. the hard part is motivating students to stay in class and completing their assignments. what motivates me is seeing these students graduate and knowing that I have had a positive influence in their life
Pros
lots of time off
Cons
repeat students in program.
Tutor
AVID Tutor (Current Employee) –  Pflugerville, TXMarch 23, 2016
I like being a Tutor here, yet I wish they were a but more organized and we got paid to do a little bit more things. I love the kids and the school I am at.
Very friendly and open work environment
Technology/Networking Assistant (Former Employee) –  Pflugerville, TXMarch 27, 2015
Typically, I make sure the computers are working and are in the right locations. I have learned how to image, inventory and fix computers. The management team there is very organized and the co-workers are friendly and communicative. The hardest part of the job is having to work around everyone else's schedules and the most enjoyable part of the job was being able to interact with people daily.
A job you love to hate.
Teacher (Former Employee) –  Pflugerville, TXApril 18, 2012
Teaching can, unfortunately, be a job you love to hate. The hours are long and the work seems endless. A saving grace is the fact that you are shaping young people's lives and having incredible co-workers. Every day is a new adventure, which is quite refreshing.
Pros
great co-workers, student smiles
Cons
long hours, little support from management or parents
Very little respect for labor.
Copy Center Specialist (Former Employee) –  Pflugerville, TXAugust 22, 2013
You will be over worked and under paid. If you ask for help forget it,
Support services personnel are treated like slaves. They keep you part time and pay no benefits.
Pros
cold cokes
Cons
bureaucratic red tape, hr never helps employees in disputes with management .
a wonderful place to grow and learn----where city and country meet
Assistant Principal, Hendrickson High School (Current Employee) –  Pflugerville, TXApril 7, 2015
FBISD is ahead of the game in the PLC concept and the use of computers for 21st century learning. It is great to watch students and teacher grow toward the final day of graduation.
Pros
open to ideas to spur learning
Cons
have received huge growth over the last 10 years....crowded
Unpredictable and invigorating
Social Work Intern (Former Employee) –  Austin, TXMarch 23, 2013
School social work is a unique experience. Each day brings a new, and often unexpected challenges. I had an amazing caseload, working with families in transition as well as adolescents on an alternative campus. I worked with individuals, siblings, families, parents, and school personnel on a daly basis. When working in a school, one learns quickly about resources in the area. Schools are also a huge tenant of many client systems, so learning about the general guidelines and regulations is vital to working with family systems. This experience was very rewarding, and I gained ample skills in learning how to advocate for my clients and their families.
Pros
diverse workload, supportive environment from the other social workers, extensive practice in clinical skills, knowledge of school environment
Cons
it is always a challenge to explain a family's situation to school adminsitration
The Library - a Great Place!
Library Substitute Teacher (Current Employee) –  Pflugerville, TXFebruary 25, 2014
There is always a need for good library substitutes! I appreciate the efforts the librarians and office staff for whom I work. They help me to be successful. They enable me to serve their co-workers to the best of my abilities. The most enjoyable part of my day is connecting teachers and students to the materials that meet their needs. The hardest part of my day is not accomplishing all that I want to do. Encouraging enjoyable life-long reading and use of the library is a task to which I aspire.
Learning Opportunities
HR Position Management Specialist (Current Employee) –  Pflugerville, TXSeptember 2, 2014
Lots of learning opportunities; Human Resources in the education field is ever evolving so you learn something new everyday; you must be able to multi task and think quick on your feet in education
Pros
great holidays; very flexible with my son who is still in high school
Cons
in education, there is always an exception
Fantastic environment for innovative thinking.
Teacher (Former Employee) –  Austin, TXNovember 8, 2014
Supportive, collaborative district. Pflugerville provides opportunities for educational and professional growth.
great Place to work
Copy center administrator (Former Employee) –  Pflugerville, TXSeptember 8, 2013
the best District in central Texas, great people and great culture.
Pros
great people
Education
Educational Assistant (Current Employee) –  Pflugerville, TXJanuary 19, 2015
I feel this school is a wonderful place to get an education for your children.
Pros
caring staff
Cons
short breaks
Excellent place to work to assist in the education of the district students.
Teachers Assistant / Substitute Teacher (Former Employee) –  Pflugerville, TXJuly 7, 2014
I felt that the enviroment was an extremely friendly one with a very supportive staff to work with, from the teachers to the administration. It was an extreme pleasure to work in such a diverse atmosphere.
Pros
being able to help and assist students with special needs.
Cons
none.
Great District
Site Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Pflugerville, TXJuly 28, 2014
A typical day at work: exciting and productive. Working for pfisd was a great experience. The staff is passionate about their job and the administration is wonderful as well. This District welcomes diversity and provides diversity training for all staff.
Productive, working with staff and dealing with the community is rewarding.
Sr Associate for the Director of Student Services (Current Employee) –  Pflugerville, TXJune 24, 2012
Contact for outside agencies dealing with the Student Service department.
Handle the bilingual calls for our department and used as a translator when needed for our department and the Administration building.
Learned to work in different areas such as ,but not limited to the Migrant, Volunteer program to input and maintain information in the Raptor and AppliTrack system.
Screening calls for the Director of Student Services.
Problem solving calls, dealing with confidential issues, complaints and assist parents with the student service program that pertains to their particular needs.
Managing and scheduling the Director’s appointments, travel arrangements, meetings, assist and preparation of special events.

Maintaining several large budgets for Student Services, Social Work department, Health Service department, Dyslexia department, after school programs, budgets for federal Title funds and grants for the district.
Place orders for the Pre Kindergarten campuses for the district.
Place warehouse orders for all of my departments and summer programs.
Handle purchase orders, payment vouchers, online ordering, travel arrangements, advances and reimbursements, supplemental pay forms.
Register the Director, coordinators and teachers for workshops.
Hardest part of job is getting parents to understand that we cannot state guidelines,
Working with a wide variety of people each day makes the most enjoyable part of the job.
Pros
helping our student's to succeed.
Cons
not being able to help everybody and better health benefits.
bad
Special Education Teacher (Former Employee) –  Pflugerville, TXNovember 10, 2014
The administration has major nepotism. The staff treats the teachers with disrespect.