PFP Employee Reviews

Culture rich company that loves its employees and its customers!
Happy Employee who feels like a stakeholder! (Current Employee) –  ConnecticutApril 19, 2017
PFP started as a family business in the early 70's by providing supplemental insurance benefits to credit union members. Today
PFP has grown into a second generation proliferating company that provides many more supplemental products like life, disability, critical illness and accident coverage to the average wage earners. The company embraces trust, teamwork and transparency. The work is interesting and fulfilling. The people are passionate. The company offers a good work life balance, compensation and benefits, career path, ethical leaders and an untouchable culture.
Pros
Work that makes a difference, much celebration, recognition, supportive and fun co-workers, teamwork makes the dreamwork
Fast Environment
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Orange, CTJune 8, 2016
My typical day at PFP consisted of assisting customers with any concerns they may have had with their life insurance policies.
Best Insurance career you will ever have.
Sales Representative (Current Employee) –  Detroit, MIJune 1, 2016
I used to work in traditional insurance and this is very different.
At PFP, I have a captured audience in the Credit Unions.
They also book my offsites at different companies. With this job I am able to sell. My job is to sell, not do admin. work or customer service.
Your co-workers become your family. We are all very close.
Did I mention, they have awesome trips that are not hard to obtain.
Pros
No Prospecting, A stable Salary, Culture
Cons
You have a set schedule every month.
Great place to work.
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Orange, CTApril 15, 2016
This was a lovely place to work. Getting to help the members was always a rewarding experience and all the other employees were always happy to help.
Productive call center for life insurance
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Orange, CTAugust 20, 2015
This was a good place to work, everyone was very friendly and helpful. Since this was life insurance the most difficult part was taking calls from those who had a loved one pass away. The best part was when I was actually able to help someone with his or her life insurance, whether it be working out billing issues or getting him or her to understand life insurance better.
good working environment
Customer service representative (Former Employee) –  Orange, CTMay 19, 2014
managers were also very helpful. it was a great working environment. everyone was very respectful of one another.
A happy, positive work environment!
Corporate Position (Current Employee) –  Orange, CTJune 25, 2013
From the first day I started working for PFP I felt as if I had worked there for years. Friendly, positive work environment. Management is always encouraging new ideas and you will constantly be challenged and improving your skills.

PFP is a solid, growing company and you feel proud working there. I enjoy coming to work everyday and hope to have a long successful career here.

I would definitely recommend this company to others!
PFP-Where everyone knows someone
Customer Assitance Representative (Former Employee) –  Orange CTJune 21, 2012
You won't get anywhere in this company unless you are related to someone else there. The only plus to this company is that the pay is decent and the location is convenient.The health insurance is so-so. Be prepared for favoritism like you have never seen before, with no absolutely effort to hide it.In fact, it will actually be flaunted in your face. There are a few office snitches, but most of the people there do not want to do their jobs. The environment is VERY VERY cliquey, worse than middle school ever was. I have never seen so much backstabbing in my life. Management is a joke. There is one supervisor there who thinks she had friends, but the truth is no one can stand her and everyone makes fun of her behind her back. Everyone is nice to her face, but this is only because if she does not like you, you will suddenly be out of a job. There is another "supervisor" who is really just a glorified clerk and knows nothing about procedures. The customers called "members" are difficult at best. The majority of callers are downright abusive. There were several occasions where reps were in tears after a call. Your hours and/or job duties will be suddenly changed without notice. They are not honest about the job when they hire you. You have to pass a difficult test for customer service. You have to study for this on your own time unpaid, but they do not tell you this until your first day of work. They also misrepresented my starting salary. After I completed the license training, I was told my new salary would be less than what in my offer letter. It was a small amount, but I was told  more... the letter was "a mistake" . It sent up a HUGE red flag and I knew taking this job was going to turn out to be a mistake. But because it was a very small difference, I did not make a huge deal, I just casually mentioned it. I wondered what else they would offer me in writing and then say it was "a mistake". It told me something about the company, and I would have walked out on the spot if I hadn't left my previous job and the position already filled. The day I walked out of that place for the last time was honestly one of the happiest days of my life. This company sells supplemental insurance products, and targets the lower income/ uneducated brackets. Field sales reps trick people into signing up, management is fully aware of this and anyone who tries to call attention to the questionable practices loses their job if they don't keep their mouth shut.  less
Pros
convenient location
Cons
backstabbing, unfriendly cliquey work enviroment