PGi Employee Reviews

Relaxed Atmosphere
Flunkie (Current Employee) –  Colorado Springs, CODecember 12, 2016
Grown larger from a smaller company, the attitude of a smaller company still exists. Many enterprise wide processes are not in place, teams still can refuse to follow processes or new ones are created for the one team.

Some associates are told they are not allowed to take vacation during the summer months because of the hours covered by the staff.

Not a terrible place to work, if you are looking for relaxing place, lower end of the pay scale and less advancement opportunities.

Some teams are very cliquish and promote from those they are familiar with.
Lousy Management
Quality Engineer (Former Employee) –  Old Hickory, TNMarch 15, 2017
There were many things going on during a recent acquisition in which upon being notified they either choose to ignore or themselves were the culprit. Specifically, after a recent hiring, they gutted most of the senior level employees on the floor. Once done, all that tribal knowledge was gone and subsequently when non-routine failures would occur nobody had a clue as to how to solve.
Pros
Good people who were not in Management
Cons
Management Ignorance
A communications company that doesn't communicate.
Product Support Technician (Current Employee) –  Colorado Springs, COMarch 27, 2017
I am really shocked that this company has been as successful as it has. The lack of communication between departments is appalling. And the chance of job advancement is about nill.
Pros
Cons
Too long to list here. 0/10 would not work again.
productive and great environment
Forklift Operator/Material Handler (Former Employee) –  Nashville, TNJanuary 11, 2017
Working with machines that produce paper on a daily basis,great place to work, fast paced environment and always busy which made time go by much faster.
Pros
great pay
Amazing experience
Senior Financial Analyst (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GAMarch 3, 2014
I love working for PGi. I have had the opportunity for exposure to high level management and am hands on with many tasks that aren't available to my position at larger companies. I'm never bored- always something new to learn. I have amazing management, and think PGi really tries to hire quality people who fit into the culture. Also good opportunity for growth. Have recommended friends to positions here, so speaks on my feelings.
Pros
Exposure to all parts of the business, cool office spaces, good management
Cons
Not the most competitive compensation, but other perks made up for it
Good Company with lots of flaws
Anonymous (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAJanuary 5, 2015
Most of the folks I worked with over the years were great folks.
Compensation,benefits and work life balance are definitely above average.

Upper Management has very little knowledge of what goes on in the field at the professional level and middle management is often unqualified managing up not down. No mechanism for communication upward. Salesforce not provided right tools or support, particularly new hires. New products rolled out before the kinks are worked out.
Pros
Work Life Balance
Cons
Upper Management out of touch
Manufacturing facility with lots of diversity of tasks.
Planner/Buyer (Former Employee) –  Benson, NCJuly 10, 2012
Morning meetings to view production over the last 24 hrs
Computer analysis of new orders and loading into production schedules. Meetings to review raw material requirements. Ordering raw materials. Reviewing inventory levels. Acquiring cycle counts and keying necessary inventory adjustments. Interaction with production personnel to determine most efficient scheduling. Problem solving within the computer system. Keying customer orders. Hardest part of the job - keeping inventories (both raw materials and finished goods) at a "just in time" level. Most enjoyable part of the job - Accomplishing the tasks that enable an efficient production schedule to be issued and executed on a weekly basis.
Pros
close to home. good benefits. good people to work with.
Cons
stess caused by unexpected changes or situations with production.
Telecommunications Company currently working through acquisition
Team Lead-Customer Care Call Delivery/ (Former Employee) –  Olathe, KSJune 13, 2016
This company was very strong with regard to the development and training of its associates and managers. There were a multitude of courses offered to improve all facets of work and life skills that were not only free, but readily available and actively encouraged from the top down. Working as a teleconference operator was a mix between challenge and tedium.
Pros
Laid back and easy going atmosphere
Cons
Unstable with regard to future
A Work In-progress
Marketing and Human Resource Manager (Former Employee) –  Santo Domingo Pueblo, NMJuly 1, 2015
A lot of tasks were self driven and management will need an education of business ethics and ability to adapt to ongoing change and advancement.
benefits
Cons
administration, senior leadership, high turnover, low wages
Team environment
Team Lead (Current Employee) –  Colorado Springs, COMay 12, 2015
A typical day includes making sure that the needs of the clients are met. I have learned many technical and management skills over the course of my employment. My co-workers are a lively bunch that, for the most part, enjoy their jobs. The most difficult part of the job is reacting to last minute requests and crises.
Pros
Generous PTO
Cons
No 401K match
Good steady work, tough to advance.
Senior Conference Support Specialist III (Current Employee) –  Olathe, KSApril 4, 2016
It's a typical call center with little to no advancement. The job can be fun but can also be difficult and support from management is not always prevalent.
Pros
40 hours
Cons
No guaranteed breaks
Good old boy system for sure.
Process Technician (Former Employee) –  Benson, NCApril 15, 2016
This is not a good place to work if you are trying to have a future there. They lay people off all the time. The pay is decent for the area but the place is very hot and many of the people in charge are clueless about what really goes on. Their arrogance is so obvious in many instances. Do yourself a favor, keep looking. Btw-the exposure to carcinogenic chemicals is daily. If you don't believe it, check their record.
Pros
Good hourly people
Cons
Mgmt changes policy almost weekly to fit certain people. This is fact
PGi is a great place to work
Sales Engineer (Current Employee) –  Overland Park, KSDecember 26, 2012
With most jobs you take the highs with the lows. With PGi there have definitely been more highs. The company is big enough to be stable and small enough to be adaptable. Great benefits, great people, great pay (better holiday bonus would be nice:))
Overall, a first rate organization
Pros
people you work with, flexibility, benefits
Cons
none worth mentioning
Great company
Senior Conference Support Specialist (Current Employee) –  Colorado Springs, COJuly 2, 2013
Great company to work for and they have good benefits. Tuition assistance available for employees seeking to further their education.
Pros
Free lunch, nice culture
Cons
Not a lot of room for growth
Okay
Executive Assistant/Account Manager to CEO (Current Employee) –  Dallas, TXJune 2, 2013
Work/family good-benifits great
compensation -I will have not continued to grow.
Pros
flexible with family emergency
Cons
bonus and incentive
Great product/service poor management
Tier 1 Support Technician (Former Employee) –  Olathe, KSJune 21, 2013
I finally was tired of the way the local management treated employees and I resigned. I had first had knowledge that when internal positions were posted "fairly" often times upper management had already picked who they wanted to apply for, interview for, and ultimately take the position. The overall policy is that you are supposed to be in your role a yr before taking a promotion. One person who's father worked there first has been promoted 3 times within 2yrs. It was this very issue that led me to resignation.
Pros
Nice ergonomic office. Great computer technology
Cons
Management issues.
Old Boy's Club
Cofidential (Former Employee) –  ConfidentialOctober 14, 2015
Terrible culture whereby the CEO's favorites run departments for which they are ill-suited or unqualified. Advancement available for those who play along, but anyone who is different languishes and is eventually spit out by this terrible Atlanta-based old boy's club.
Pros
Shorts and flip-flops
Cons
Old boy's club
Company review
Tier I Technical Support Agent (Current Employee) –  Olathe, KSMarch 23, 2015
• Proficiency in products and services, monitoring system stability, researching and reviewing server and bridge logs, resolution of issues, follow-up.
• 3 years on project team with Developers and Project Management for company owned application (GlobalMeet Web)
• Accurately identify and resolve internal and external technical issues.
• Communicate with other departments to ensure good relationships are built to help us work smarter.
• Troubleshoot voice communications on the conferencing platform
• Interface with functional users as well as remote operations support centers
Childish workplace
Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CAOctober 10, 2014
A typical day at PGI consisted of driving for 2 hours trying to find a group of homes that seem like they make enough money to spent $3000 on a vacuum. All my co workers were male so of course they had many sexist and racial jokes to tell. My first day at work I was not trained, they "threw me in with the wolves" so I was not able to learn anything but to be afraid. Everything about this job was hard, from the long car rides to getting the door slammed in your face. Some days we would go from 9am to 12am with no sales, and we have no wages. Those days meant we made no money and we waisted 15 hours for nothing.
Pros
Long day of nothing-ness
Cons
Most days making no money and being away from home for 15 hours.
One of my favorite jobs ever
Pre-press (Former Employee) –  Hopkins, MNOctober 20, 2015
I loved my boss at this job. I loved the culture of this company. They treated their employees really good. We got really good year end bonuses, and gifts at the company parties.
Pros
Small company so just about everything was great.
Cons
I was harrassed by a fellw employee, that is why I left.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at PGi. Our community is ready to answer.

2.7