PGT Industries

PGT Industries Employee Reviews

Equipment Technician
Equipment Technician (Current Employee), Venice, FLMarch 24, 2015
Equipment Technician, Repairs and maintains machinery and mechanical equipment such as engines, motors, pneumatic tools, conveyor systems, and production machines and equipment. Installs, adjusts, and repairs production equipment and special purpose machines, including equipment’s electrical supply lines and circuits, electrical/electronic controls, piping and tubing, pneumatic controls and systems, and hydraulic systems. Inspects equipment for proper lubrication and performs general preventative maintenance duties. Diagnoses equipment operating problems and makes repairs, part replacements, and adjustments. Operates variety of hand and power tools, shop equipment and machining tools. Inspects equipment and tests performance of equipment following repairs. Performs all work in accordance with established safety procedures.
Had a company pinic once a year which was great.
Team Lead/Supervisor (Former Employee), Nokomis, FLFebruary 13, 2015
Was to get the early see what needed to be done before team members got there. How to be a good boss. Well if you want to be treated with respect you have to earn it.Leaving because my mother was in bad shape and i came back to Tenneessee to take care of her. Working with all the good people that worked there.
fun workplace
Technician 1 (Former Employee), Venice, FLJanuary 5, 2015
fun workplace, Great place to work overall. You can get promoted as quickly as you want after your probation period if you are a quick learner.
Allot of Hours, Decent Pay
Tech 2 (Assembly Line) (Former Employee), Venice, FLNovember 5, 2014
Pros: decent pay, friendly environment
Cons: long hours, allot of hours on your feet
Air-condition breakroom . Food truck at lunch.
Machine Operator (Current Employee), Venice, FLAugust 15, 2014
Pros: good people
Cons: not enough bathrooms in new building.
When i get there, I get the orders. Then I organize them by the build date. I look them over to see what color each order is. Look at sizes & check to see if we have the material needed.I often have to train co-workers. Some easy, some not. Hardest part is lifting some of the bigger pieces. I enjoy making a quality door or window.
Overall is a good company to work for.
windows factory (Former Employee), Venice, FLAugust 14, 2014
There is a diverse amount of people from all different backgrounds which shows the company does not discriminate and likes to hire different types of people. The hardest part of the job is the long hours that you are required to work.
Was a wonderful workplace with room to grow.
Tech 3 (Former Employee), Salisbury, NCJuly 22, 2014
Pros: excellent co workers, excellent work, etc.
I loved whom I worked with. It was hard work with great people and the job functions were wonderful. I wish it was still open.
Assembly line work, not much to say.
Assembly Line Worker (Former Employee), Nokomis, FLJuly 10, 2014
Pros: benefit package, chance to learn machinery.
Cons: management, pay, hours.
Management looks at you as if you're a number.

Decent benefit package.
Average Day
Production Worker (Former Employee), Salisbury, NCJune 18, 2014
Pros: very close to home.
Cons: lack of communication.
We started everyday with a safety meeting. I learned how to roll vinyl and screen. The co-workers were very anti-social. The hardest part was working with a really slow person. The most enjoyable was learning all about the glass.
Not the place to be!
Warehouse Technician II (Former Employee), Nokomis, FLMay 20, 2014
Pros: nice people, room for advancement, cafeteria
Cons: poor management, long hours for little pay, no family life
A lot of nice people work here, and you do have room for advancement. The pay is fairly poor, they do give tons of overtime to "make up"; for it 60+ hours a week. They are a family company assuming you can do your family life around those hours. I worked there for 8 months and the only thing I particularly enjoyed was the onsite cafeteria
fun place to work and keeps you busy
Loader/Puller (Former Employee), Venice, FLMay 20, 2014
Pros: long hrs good pay good people would get a winter break off close to christmas
Cons: not knowing when u would get off work working most weekends
It was a good paying job with long hrs you would spend most your time in a trailer loading windows. Coworkers were good would help when ask. the hardest part of the job would be making sure u have enough room to fit all the windows in the tuck
Productive fun company
Assembler (Former Employee), Venice, FLApril 2, 2014
I enjoyed working at PGT. I moved and was sad to leave the company.
good place to work
Manufacturing Specialist (Former Employee), Nokomis, FLDecember 11, 2013
Pros: they put on great picnics for the employees and family
Cons: wearing still toed boots which are very heavy
good place to work for the hours if you need it, they put on good picnics for the employee and their families
very productive
Factory Assembler (Former Employee), Salisbury, NCOctober 23, 2013
A typical day was when a machine didn`t run right.I learned to run saws,roll screens,assemble frames and processing materails.The management was pretty good.My co workers was fun to work with.The hardest part would have been being too demanding.I enjoyed learning new things.
High pace challenging environment
Common Carrier Team Leader (Current Employee), Venice, FLSeptember 9, 2013
Pros: great pto compensation/open door policy with everyone in company
Cons: healthcare is expensive
This company is dedicated to safety, quality and customer service. They take the time to train and mentor leaders so that we have the best leadership possible on the job.
workplace with air conditioner
Tech 3 (Former Employee), Salisbury, NCMay 26, 2013
Pros: we got cookouts for jobs well done, and the place was air conditoner
Cons: the benefits werent that great
A typical day at work was running an automated line putting windows together, I learned a lot from PGT working with glass and how windows were made. The management was good they had respect for the employess, and my co workers were great they helped me learn to do a lot of new things. The hardest part of the job was offloading the glass at the end of the line you had to make sure the glass was clean and put together correctly, the most enjoyable part of my job was the people I got to work with some great people.
Be careful working here
Sales (Former Employee), Venice, FLApril 15, 2013
Pros: pay and benefits
Cons: management
Overall, PGT is a good company to work for as long as you don't use their "open door policy", which is not so "open door". Management sticks together, even if they are in the wrong. Don't always trust the HR department reps to give you the right advice on any management concerns you may have. I was even terminated over the phone without ever previously being written up, reprimanded…not even a verbal. They definitely use the "at will" policy to their advantage.
this was the worst job i ever had.
none (Former Employee), nokomis flFebruary 28, 2013
Pros: good benifits
Cons: no raises terrible supervisors long hours
This was the worst job i ever had. Supervisors treat you terrible and gang up on you two on one. I was told every day by our boss he was going to fire everyone because we didnt reach our quota,he was also going to fire people because windows were failing the waterwall,later we found out they were useing the wrong silacone to seal them.I saw one young girl who worked there she could run almost every machine there and they wouldnt make her a tech they stalled so long she moved to a diffrent department
Good Local company.
Executive Administrative Assistant (Former Employee), Nokomis, FLFebruary 28, 2013
This small manufacturing company was a great place to work. The office was run smoothly and employees were close.
Friendly work place
Quality Assurance Administrator (Current Employee), Nokomis, FLFebruary 22, 2013
PGT is a good place to work but if you are assertive and trying to advance it will take you a long time to get ahead.

PGT Industries Salaries