PGT Trucking, Inc Employee Reviews

Great Place to Work
Recruiter (Current Employee) –  Aliquippa, PAJanuary 12, 2018
There is a great support system here, if you want to advance and you work hard the skies the limit. Management welcomes feedback and they have a willingness to help and change if they see anything going wrong.
Great Small Trucking Company
Professional Driver - Flatbed Division (Current Employee) –  Aliquippa, PADecember 31, 2017
This company is ran by a CEO that appreciates his drivers. I have had a lot of great experiences and support with PGT. I would say that there is room for improvement on the side of the fleet management and communications. While its assumed that there are a lot of drivers assigned to each FM, I would like to see more communication from them with the drivers. Being out on the road by yourself can feel very isolated and you start to feel out of the loop.
Pros
Decent pay, they know your name and support teams are their to help
Cons
Away from family, sporadic pay based on loads, lonely life on road
PGT = Family
Auditor (Current Employee) –  CorporateNovember 29, 2017
PGT makes you feel very welcome from the get go. Everyone is super helpful, and they build people up to succeed. The whole company's main goal is the drivers, and of course there are struggles in the industry, but we try every day to keep our drivers safe and happy, and the employees behind the scenes safe and happy as well. We all play different roles but working together is easy. PGT is a great place for drivers and office personnel to work if they enjoy a fast paced, every growing field with many opportunities.
Pros
Great benefits, room for growth
Poor safety
Truck Driver Class A (Former Employee) –  Monaca, PANovember 20, 2017
Extreme safety trouble if you feel your being pushed or ran wrong don't bring to safety you become the bad guy believe me they will turn it all on you
Pros
Cons
poor equipment poor saftey poor management
To much free work
Driver (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXNovember 8, 2017
To much free work. I was out of Houston terminal. Terrible management. Lied about regional. Lied about home on weekend. Lied about wait time pay. Bad scheduling no wait time pay. Slow.trucks. lots of dead head. Oklahoma terminal showed favoritism. The recruiter Oklahoma kaycie was nice. Laredo yard is bad to. If you live on Texas or Oklahoma go to oil field instead
Pros
See the eastern and southern usa
Cons
Pay
Very poor management outside of training
Professional Truck Driver (Former Employee) –  Pittsburgh, PAOctober 30, 2017
As a whole, this is a good starter company for new trainees or if you are trying to get your feet wet in the trucking industry. Other than that, they will not pay you for what you are worth. The training staff at headquarters are awesome and did an incredible job. Besides that,,I had the worst managment team in the world and they needed to all be fired. There is some favoritism with the loads and seniority among the drivers. Well guess what, at the end of the day, people have families and bills to pay. Good starter company, or excellent company to work for if you are ok with being gone all the time and have no life.
Will see
Driver/Operator (Current Employee) –  Blairsville, PASeptember 7, 2017
Can't really review yet. Still in training. For the most part the trainers are cool. A few need to learn tolerance towards new drivers, and learn how to speak in a way that's not condescending.
Steady but bad
Driver (Former Employee) –  Pittsburgh, PAAugust 23, 2017
This has been a roller coaster for the last two years or so with them taking money out of drivers pockets.On top of not being home pay has gone down.Management could care less.I would not recommend coming here.
Pros
Equipment
Cons
Pay
Transportation Industry
Management (Former Employee) –  Aliquippa, PAAugust 21, 2017
#1 Flatbed company in Beaver County, with over 25 + terminals in other states, works best making sure the drivers are happy and get home as needed. Change is always happening and that makes the turn over rate high. Great company, just need to make better decisions on how they uproot employees that are knowledgeable and show he or she is an asset to the company whatever position they are put in.
Pros
growing company
Cons
longevity doesn't matter
Absolutely love Pgt Trucking.
Regional heavy haul truck driver (Current Employee) –  Gary, INAugust 9, 2017
Love working for Pgt trucking and if there was a way I could be home everyday with them I wouldn't be looking for a local job. All-around great company with great people if you don't mind being gone through the week I highly recommend Pgt.
Pros
Pay, equipment, benefits and employees.
Cons
None. I'm just looking to be home everyday.
conestoga van delivering to steel mills
Truck Driver (Former Employee) –  Champaign, ILAugust 7, 2017
dirty job in and out of steel mills delivering products for the production of steel.hauled high temp mortar, low grade radiation management good people work with you.guys working there been a team.
Pros
team spirit
Cons
eastern steel mills
not a good place
Sales Assistant Freight Brokerage (Former Employee) –  Pittsburgh, PAMay 15, 2017
Everyone hates their life at this place. People are downright nasty to each other. Your typical day is basically just yelling at people trying to get their attention
Pros
nothing
Cons
everything
Fast Paced and Challenging work environment
Regional Vice President (Former Employee) –  Birmingham, ALFebruary 9, 2017
Enjoyed my tenure at PGT. Areas of responsibility included operations, sales and terminal development. P & L responsibility, brokerage and staff development were some key areas of focus at PGT. Culture was one of constant challenges and diversified goals changed in a daily basis. Overall accountability for the entire southeastern region performance.
Pros
Challenging, Freedom to work unsupervised
Cons
Little feedback on job performance
Pgt trucking
Truck Driver (Current Employee) –  Poteau, OKDecember 26, 2016
Regional driving turns into otr driving, not enough home-time that I would like, lied about local position available in my area, do not like the fact that if I pick-up a load from point a to deliver to point b and another driver picks up from point b to deliver to point c I have to wait for other driver to turn paperwork in that could take up to another week to see on my payroll statement
competitive pay, good lease program
Truck Driver Class A (Former Employee) –  charlotte, nc and midfield, al. and monaca, pa.December 9, 2016
This was the best job I ever had, in the trucking industry, great freight lanes, great dedicated routes, close to home. Would recommend this company to everyone!
Pros
able to work close to home
Cons
driver forgiveness
steel hauler
Flatbed Driver (Current Employee) –  PAOctober 6, 2016
Great company you make as much as you want. Their trucks are prostars which are always in the shop. The saftey department is good pretty much all the people care. Fleet managers an be quite carelessly times but overall it's a good place to start and or make a career out of
Pros
Good drivers and safety department
Cons
Trucks are always breaking down. Fleet managers
bad working conditions
Heavy-Oversize Driver (Current Employee) –  PennsylvaniaAugust 18, 2016
Very un organized, cant keep promises, not enough work. Horrible work environment. Not home enough with family I had to work for 3 weeks to a month in order to make enough money to support family.
Pros
good fellow drivers
Cons
gone too long for little pay
Heavy Haul Truck Driver (Current Employee) –  Gary, INJuly 19, 2016
I've been working at PGT. Since 2010 and left because of an injury in 2013 then back the same year .
Probably never leave here because it's a great job.
Home every weekend unless I want to stay out an extra week. There is room for advancement if you work hard and ask for it . All the bad reviews aren't always correct. It depends on you and the way you perform .
Pros
Job security
Cons
Not much
They treat you well for the most part, and are fair
Hazmat Flatbed Class A Driver (Current Employee) –  Monaca, PAJuly 2, 2016
My fleet manager always tries to take care of me and if I need to be home for something. I am new to the trucking industry and I am a newlywed so home time is very important to me, as well as pay. I have had a couple other job offers which I have considered. I have stayed where I was because it was not exactly what I was looking for at the time. I make 25% of the linehaul, I have asked for a raise and was told that even though they need me, I am a good employee, I don't give anyone problems, and want me to stay, they can't do anything for me right now. Electronic logs have pros and cons, they are pretty much fool proof, but it is like racing a clock everyday. If you go somewhere that is slow or busy, and it takes a couple hours to load it really screws your day and your week up, which means you may not get home on friday.
Not a good place to work
Ex company driver (Former Employee) –  Elk Grove Village, ILJune 22, 2016
I use to be PGT driver at Main-steel. Elk Grove Village, not a good place to work at. i quite PGT a year ago and a friend of mine quite too, to much favoritism worse place ever to work at. They will keep hiring but no body will stay there lol
Cons

Ask a question about working or interviewing at PGT Trucking, Inc. Our community is ready to answer.

2.9