PGT Trucking, Inc Employee Reviews

Pgt trucking
Truck Driver (Current Employee) –  Poteau, OKDecember 26, 2016
Regional driving turns into otr driving, not enough home-time that I would like, lied about local position available in my area, do not like the fact that if I pick-up a load from point a to deliver to point b and another driver picks up from point b to deliver to point c I have to wait for other driver to turn paperwork in that could take up to another week to see on my payroll statement
competitive pay, good lease program
Truck Driver Class A (Former Employee) –  charlotte, nc and midfield, al. and monaca, pa.December 9, 2016
This was the best job I ever had, in the trucking industry, great freight lanes, great dedicated routes, close to home. Would recommend this company to everyone!
Pros
able to work close to home
Cons
driver forgiveness
steel hauler
Flatbed Driver (Current Employee) –  PAOctober 6, 2016
Great company you make as much as you want. Their trucks are prostars which are always in the shop. The saftey department is good pretty much all the people care. Fleet managers an be quite carelessly times but overall it's a good place to start and or make a career out of
Pros
Good drivers and safety department
Cons
Trucks are always breaking down. Fleet managers
bad working conditions
Heavy-Oversize Driver (Current Employee) –  PennsylvaniaAugust 18, 2016
Very un organized, cant keep promises, not enough work. Horrible work environment. Not home enough with family I had to work for 3 weeks to a month in order to make enough money to support family.
Pros
good fellow drivers
Cons
gone too long for little pay
Heavy Haul Truck Driver (Current Employee) –  Gary, INJuly 19, 2016
I've been working at PGT. Since 2010 and left because of an injury in 2013 then back the same year .
Probably never leave here because it's a great job.
Home every weekend unless I want to stay out an extra week. There is room for advancement if you work hard and ask for it . All the bad reviews aren't always correct. It depends on you and the way you perform .
Pros
Job security
Cons
Not much
They treat you well for the most part, and are fair
Hazmat Flatbed Class A Driver (Current Employee) –  Monaca, PAJuly 2, 2016
My fleet manager always tries to take care of me and if I need to be home for something. I am new to the trucking industry and I am a newlywed so home time is very important to me, as well as pay. I have had a couple other job offers which I have considered. I have stayed where I was because it was not exactly what I was looking for at the time. I make 25% of the linehaul, I have asked for a raise and was told that even though they need me, I am a good employee, I don't give anyone problems, and want me to stay, they can't do anything for me right now. Electronic logs have pros and cons, they are pretty much fool proof, but it is like racing a clock everyday. If you go somewhere that is slow or busy, and it takes a couple hours to load it really screws your day and your week up, which means you may not get home on friday.
Not a good place to work
Ex company driver (Former Employee) –  Elk Grove Village, ILJune 22, 2016
I use to be PGT driver at Main-steel. Elk Grove Village, not a good place to work at. i quite PGT a year ago and a friend of mine quite too, to much favoritism worse place ever to work at. They will keep hiring but no body will stay there lol
Great job
CDL Class A Driver (Former Employee) –  Monaca, PAFebruary 27, 2016
I started driving with PGT in 1999 and worked for six years. I liked the job when I was a local driver but was not a fan of OTR. The equipment was very good as well the maintenance. The runs were good and the pay and benefits were as well.
A Good Company but lost a lot of drivers due to a drywall account they acquired
Over-The-Road Truck Driver (Former Employee) –  Monaca, PAJanuary 29, 2016
Very good company to work for, but I left as well as a lot of other drivers due to a drywall account they took on that not only did not pay well but put you in locations in which you had to deadhead a lot of miles that were unpaid to return due to no loads available. As time went on their benefit package decreased as well as your paycheck. Many drivers believe that they under bidded the drywall account with devastating effects to the drivers and perhaps the company as well. The company did attempt to get their good drivers back but could not guarantee that you would not be hauling the drywall account which would result in a very significant pay loss.
Cons
Pay and benefits decrease
Friendly co-workers. No room for advancement.
Fleet Manager (Former Employee) –  Gary, INJanuary 28, 2016
Management did not provide proper training for job responsibilities required. They do not give pay raises and their annual reviews for the employees were done haphazardly. There is no room for advancement The atmosphere was semi fun and fast paced.
Pros
The manager provided free lunch on occasions.
Cons
Employee morale low. They do not treat employess fair.
Competetive
Logistics Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Macedonia, OHSeptember 28, 2015
Working for an agent vs the actual company is different, enjoyable and stressful. It can be very rewarding. The agent is very fair in most cases and very generous.
Pros
Generous
Loading, secure cargo tarp and drive
Driver (Former Employee) –  Monaca, PAAugust 20, 2015
The management does not care about home time. They will tell you you will be home on a certain day and the day before send you to a location two days away and say you will be home on time.
trucking
Break down Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Monaca, PAJuly 14, 2015
a very tough place to work, since ive left many changes were made and many departments out sourced to other companies leaving littel room for advancement with in the company
I like it here alot.
Office Personnel (Current Employee) –  Monaca, PAFebruary 12, 2015
I started as an intern and have loved everything. There is no perfect company, but PGT truly cares about the way they do business. I'd recommend it to anyone who can handle the pressure of the trucking industry.
Pros
Career Advancement
Cons
Demands you best everyday
Opportunities for Career Advancement, Strong Sense of Family, Friendly Enviroment
Recruiting Department (Current Employee) –  Monaca, PAFebruary 2, 2015
This is the first company I worked for out of college. I have enjoyed every minute. The benefits and pay far surpass what I see my peers at other companies receiving.
Pros
Strong Leadership
very busy
outside recruiter (Former Employee) –  Birmingham, ALJanuary 19, 2015
Outside Recruiter for the Southeast Region Division. I was responsible for the hiring of driver’s to fill the needs of our terminal in Birmingham, Al. Based in Atlanta, Ga I frequented Job Fair’s, Driving Schools and workshops to seek potential employees. I ran all DAC reports, and handled all paperwork dealing with the initial hiring of any new employee for our division.
Going places
Truck Driver (Former Employee) –  INMay 9, 2014
What I like with this company is traveling to different places, hauling materials to companies, I get to meet new people. Long hours but the pay is worth it. I didnt like the OTR jobs but that was where the money is.

I would have stay in this company but because of family stuff, I have to get another job. I like both this company and the company I'm now. I would recommend fellow drivers to PGT.
Pros
Going places
Cons
OTR jobs, I miss home sometimes
Fast growing company
Director of Marketing/IT (Current Employee) –  Poteau, OKApril 26, 2014
PGT Trucking Kelworth is a fast-growing and evolving company.
Stable company to work for
Truck Driver (Current Employee) –  NYApril 1, 2014
I been working for PGT since 2008. A typical working day is transporting loads to different customers.

My full experience in driving is learned in this company. I also like the management. They are always fair and have knowledge on a lot of stuff.

Benefits are good. This is the company to work for those who are passionate about their job.
Pros
Got into a dedicated account right away
Cons
No bad for me. Still working for PGT now. Like it here.
Old school
Permit Specialist (Current Employee) –  Monaca, PAMarch 9, 2014
I am not happy at PGT Trucking because I sit for hours with nothing to do. They are very old school and you have to handle the permit manifest at least 6 times before it is complete. The permit department is also in the same room as fleet managers and the language and craziness is unbearable. There are 12 fleet managers all on speaker phone plus they are yelling at each other.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at PGT Trucking, Inc. Our community is ready to answer.

2.9