PGT TRUCKING

PGT TRUCKING Employer Reviews

Going places
Truck Driver (Former Employee), INMay 9, 2014
Pros: going places
Cons: otr jobs, i miss home sometimes
What I like with this company is traveling to different places, hauling materials to companies, I get to meet new people. Long hours but the pay is worth it. I didnt like the OTR jobs but that was where the money is.

I would have stay in this company but because of family stuff, I have to get another job. I like both this company and the company I'm now. I would recommend fellow drivers to PGT.
Fast growing company
Director of Marketing/IT (Current Employee), Poteau, OKApril 26, 2014
PGT Trucking Kelworth is a fast-growing and evolving company.
Stable company to work for
Truck Driver (Current Employee), NYApril 1, 2014
Pros: got into a dedicated account right away
Cons: no bad for me. still working for pgt now. like it here.
I been working for PGT since 2008. A typical working day is transporting loads to different customers.

My full experience in driving is learned in this company. I also like the management. They are always fair and have knowledge on a lot of stuff.

Benefits are good. This is the company to work for those who are passionate about their job.
Old school
Permit Specialist (Current Employee), Monaca, PAMarch 9, 2014
I am not happy at PGT Trucking because I sit for hours with nothing to do. They are very old school and you have to handle the permit manifest at least 6 times before it is complete. The permit department is also in the same room as fleet managers and the language and craziness is unbearable. There are 12 fleet managers all on speaker phone plus they are yelling at each other.
Fun atmosphere and nice employees
Advertising Specialist (Former Employee), MonacaFebruary 12, 2014
My day consisted of monitoring different trucking driving forums and updating job opportunities through varies websites.
Great place to work, and a good atmosphere.
Driver Services Auditor (Former Employee), Monaca, PAJanuary 14, 2014
I would be on the phone throughout the day with different drivers and made many friendships. I learned how important it was to encourage our drivers and to help them when they would call with a problem. On the most part, my co-workers were team players as well. We would help each other out when a circumstance would arrive. The hardest part of the job was when I would hear of one of our drivers involved in a mishap. My heart would go out to them and I would try to console them. The most enjoyable part was when a driver would call and say that he was pulled over by the DOT for a DOT Inspection, and he would receive a clean inspection. I had the pleasure of sending them a gift card or a check for a job well done. I would like to add that when my mother was diagnosed with leukemia, and I would receive a call from the doctor's office to get her to the hospital as soon as possible, I had the freedom to go because my management stressed "family first". They worked with me 100% at that time, and I am so grateful for that.
Pretty good benefits package
Truck Driver/Laborer (Former Employee), PADecember 9, 2013
Pros: supportive drivers and operetional management
The fleet manegers and mechanics guys so nice & cooperative. Safety is priority one. Salary above average pretty good benefits package. I like my team, and they cared for me (and my family's) well being.
Great benefits, great work environment!
Truck Driver (Former Employee), Pittsburgh, PANovember 4, 2013
Pros: compensation, people you work with are not only professional but also accommodating at all times.
Cons: no routes where i'm living now.
One of the best company to work for. Compensation is great, I got what they promised me from day 1. Too bad I had to shift to another company coz of personal reasons. But I would definitely recommend this company to drivers out there who are after good compensation, career growth and professional environment.
Low morale.Hard to advance.
Claims Manager in the Risk Department (Former Employee), Monaca,PaAugust 2, 2013
Diffcult place to work.Low pay.Do not pay enough for the hours worked.

Poor managers with poor management skills.Micro management.
long days and hard work
local flat bed driver (Former Employee), Monaca, PAJuly 22, 2013
Cons: 14 -16 hour days
starting at 3am and not getting off till 5pm for less them minimum wage average. long deadhead miles (unpaid) strick rules that must be followed unless it don't bennifit the company
I was a field recruiter for an over the road trucking company.
Manager/Recruiter (Former Employee), Birmingham, ALJanuary 24, 2013
I traveled the southeastern United States recruiting truck drivers. When I was not travelling, I was on the phone or internet looking for drivers.
Management was very demanding and not cooperative.
Hardest part of the job was that it was a sales position.
Horrible company. Dont bother
Driver (Former Employee), PaJanuary 1, 2013
Pros: none!
Cons: all!
Horrible! Getting to speak with anyone in recruiting is almost impossible, but after you do they will keep you waiting for months. When finally working for the company you are never home, and ripped off with every paycheck citing problems with bookkeeping.
Driver
Driver (Former Employee), Monaca, PANovember 28, 2012
Pros: traveling
Cons: home sick
PGT is a great company to work at for anyone that likes to stay close to home, albeit Eastern United States only. If not assigned a conastoga or covered wagon trailer, get ready to work out, as most loads will be tarped and most tarps weigh between 75 and 100 lbs.
no home time no benefits
driver (Former Employee), Monaca, PAJuly 9, 2012
deliver product to customers,a lot of down time,no benefits,could go days without taking a shower
Great people to work with all around, wether a new driver or an experienced one.
Driver (Former Employee), Monaca, PAMarch 22, 2012
Pros: drivers, management, training, equipment
Cons: had to move on for personal reasons
Enjoyed everything about PGT. From the Owner to the management to the drivers.

May 8, 2013

Yes I do agree PGT was the BEST company I ever worked for. as the same I too had to move on because of personal reasons, but would go back in a heart beat lol

pgt shop
shop manger (Former Employee), monroeMarch 10, 2011
they open and close the shop some much you can not plane on having a job

About PGT TRUCKING

PGT Trucking was founded in 1981 with one tractor and two employees in Industry, PA. A transportation service provider to the – Read more