PGT TRUCKING Employee Reviews in United States

A Good Company but lost a lot of drivers due to a drywall account they acquired
Over-The-Road Truck Driver (Former Employee) –  Monaca, PAJanuary 29, 2016
Very good company to work for, but I left as well as a lot of other drivers due to a drywall account they took on that not only did not pay well but put you in locations in which you had to deadhead a lot of miles that were unpaid to return due to no loads available. As time went on their benefit package decreased as well as your paycheck. Many drivers believe that they under bidded the drywall account with devastating effects to the drivers and perhaps the company as well. The company did attempt to get their good drivers back but could not guarantee that you would not be hauling the drywall account which would result in a very significant pay loss.
Cons
Pay and benefits decrease
Competetive
Logistics Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Macedonia, OHSeptember 28, 2015
Working for an agent vs the actual company is different, enjoyable and stressful. It can be very rewarding. The agent is very fair in most cases and very generous.
Pros
Generous
Loading, secure cargo tarp and drive
Driver (Former Employee) –  Monaca, PAAugust 20, 2015
The management does not care about home time. They will tell you you will be home on a certain day and the day before send you to a location two days away and say you will be home on time.
trucking
Break down Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Monaca, PAJuly 14, 2015
a very tough place to work, since ive left many changes were made and many departments out sourced to other companies leaving littel room for advancement with in the company
I like it here alot.
Office Personnel (Current Employee) –  Monaca, PAFebruary 12, 2015
I started as an intern and have loved everything. There is no perfect company, but PGT truly cares about the way they do business. I'd recommend it to anyone who can handle the pressure of the trucking industry.
Pros
career advancement
Cons
demands you best everyday
very busy
outside recruiter (Former Employee) –  Birmingham, ALJanuary 19, 2015
Outside Recruiter for the Southeast Region Division. I was responsible for the hiring of driver’s to fill the needs of our terminal in Birmingham, Al. Based in Atlanta, Ga I frequented Job Fair’s, Driving Schools and workshops to seek potential employees. I ran all DAC reports, and handled all paperwork dealing with the initial hiring of any new employee for our division.
Going places
Truck Driver (Former Employee) –  INMay 9, 2014
What I like with this company is traveling to different places, hauling materials to companies, I get to meet new people. Long hours but the pay is worth it. I didnt like the OTR jobs but that was where the money is.

I would have stay in this company but because of family stuff, I have to get another job. I like both this company and the company I'm now. I would recommend fellow drivers to PGT.
Pros
going places
Cons
otr jobs, i miss home sometimes
Fast growing company
Director of Marketing/IT (Current Employee) –  Poteau, OKApril 26, 2014
PGT Trucking Kelworth is a fast-growing and evolving company.
Stable company to work for
Truck Driver (Current Employee) –  NYApril 1, 2014
I been working for PGT since 2008. A typical working day is transporting loads to different customers.

My full experience in driving is learned in this company. I also like the management. They are always fair and have knowledge on a lot of stuff.

Benefits are good. This is the company to work for those who are passionate about their job.
Pros
got into a dedicated account right away
Cons
no bad for me. still working for pgt now. like it here.
Old school
Permit Specialist (Current Employee) –  Monaca, PAMarch 9, 2014
I am not happy at PGT Trucking because I sit for hours with nothing to do. They are very old school and you have to handle the permit manifest at least 6 times before it is complete. The permit department is also in the same room as fleet managers and the language and craziness is unbearable. There are 12 fleet managers all on speaker phone plus they are yelling at each other.
Fun atmosphere and nice employees
Advertising Specialist (Former Employee) –  MonacaFebruary 12, 2014
My day consisted of monitoring different trucking driving forums and updating job opportunities through varies websites.
Great place to work, and a good atmosphere.
Driver Services Auditor (Former Employee) –  Monaca, PAJanuary 14, 2014
I would be on the phone throughout the day with different drivers and made many friendships. I learned how important it was to encourage our drivers and to help them when they would call with a problem. On the most part, my co-workers were team players as well. We would help each other out when a circumstance would arrive. The hardest part of the job was when I would hear of one of our drivers involved in a mishap. My heart would go out to them and I would try to console them. The most enjoyable part was when a driver would call and say that he was pulled over by the DOT for a DOT Inspection, and he would receive a clean inspection. I had the pleasure of sending them a gift card or a check for a job well done. I would like to add that when my mother was diagnosed with leukemia, and I would receive a call from the doctor's office to get her to the hospital as soon as possible, I had the freedom to go because my management stressed "family first". They worked with me 100% at that time, and I am so grateful for that.
Pretty good benefits package
Truck Driver/Laborer (Former Employee) –  PADecember 9, 2013
The fleet manegers and mechanics guys so nice & cooperative. Safety is priority one. Salary above average pretty good benefits package. I like my team, and they cared for me (and my family's) well being.
Pros
supportive drivers and operetional management
Low morale.Hard to advance.
Claims Manager in the Risk Department (Former Employee) –  Monaca,PaAugust 2, 2013
Diffcult place to work.Low pay.Do not pay enough for the hours worked.

Poor managers with poor management skills.Micro management.
long days and hard work
local flat bed driver (Former Employee) –  Monaca, PAJuly 22, 2013
starting at 3am and not getting off till 5pm for less them minimum wage average. long deadhead miles (unpaid) strick rules that must be followed unless it don't bennifit the company
Cons
14 -16 hour days
I was a field recruiter for an over the road trucking company.
Manager/Recruiter (Former Employee) –  Birmingham, ALJanuary 24, 2013
I traveled the southeastern United States recruiting truck drivers. When I was not travelling, I was on the phone or internet looking for drivers.
Management was very demanding and not cooperative.
Hardest part of the job was that it was a sales position.
Horrible company. Dont bother
Driver (Former Employee) –  PaJanuary 1, 2013
Horrible! Getting to speak with anyone in recruiting is almost impossible, but after you do they will keep you waiting for months. When finally working for the company you are never home, and ripped off with every paycheck citing problems with bookkeeping.
Pros
none!
Cons
all!
Driver
Driver (Former Employee) –  Monaca, PANovember 28, 2012
PGT is a great company to work at for anyone that likes to stay close to home, albeit Eastern United States only. If not assigned a conastoga or covered wagon trailer, get ready to work out, as most loads will be tarped and most tarps weigh between 75 and 100 lbs.
Pros
traveling
Cons
home sick
no home time no benefits
driver (Former Employee) –  Monaca, PAJuly 9, 2012
deliver product to customers,a lot of down time,no benefits,could go days without taking a shower
Great people to work with all around, wether a new driver or an experienced one.
Driver (Former Employee) –  Monaca, PAMarch 22, 2012
Enjoyed everything about PGT. From the Owner to the management to the drivers.
Pros
drivers, management, training, equipment
Cons
had to move on for personal reasons

Comment – May 8, 2013

Yes I do agree PGT was the BEST company I ever worked for. as the same I too had to move on because of personal reasons, but would go back in a heart beat lol