Pharmacy Alternatives Employee Reviews

There is no job security at all
Pharmacy Technician (Former Employee) –  Louisville, KYJune 21, 2016
There was bullying going on with the staff. The benefits are horrible. There is no management except for the bosses which you only see from time to time.
Exciting Job
Integration Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Saint Rose, LASeptember 23, 2015
The job was very excirting. I traveled a lot and met many people. The hardest part was when their were many homes starting at the same time with no help with inputting consumer information
potential to be a good place if ran correctly
Pharmacy Technician (Current Employee) –  Christiansburg, VAJanuary 24, 2013
very simple job but very mundane. there is no communication and that starts from the top and works its way down. not very organized and the company won't spend the money to relocate to a larger location. did help me with continuing to learn medications and their uses. job stability but not enough techs to complete tasks especially when a lot of them call in all the time.
Pros
pay is decent, benefits ok, holidays off and vacation/time off pay is decent
Cons
no raises, poor management, high turnover, no communication, management shows lots of favoritism, co workers call in a lot, boring
Challenging yet rewarding place to work
Exchange Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Christiansburg, VAJune 4, 2012
This is a place of many 'hats'. You cross-train for all jobs and wear the one most fitting for you. I've had the opportunity of being OE supervisor working with new and reorders, learning medical billing and working with nurses with 4 states. My current 'hat' is exchange coordinator, which enables me to challenge my multi-tasking skills. Coordinating monthly cycle exchanges for 30+ facilities with the demands of multi-packing requests. The hardest part of the job is making sure all bases are covered when working my current job in addition to my old OE job. The most rewarding part of my job is the assurance that all of our consumers get their medications on time and having the compliments of nurses we work with. Everyone works closely and we maintain the "Mom & Pop" feel which makes each day worthwhile.
Intern ship
Intern (Former Employee) –  Louisville, KYFebruary 10, 2015
A typical day at work was basically filling prescriptions, prepacks, identifying various medications, and license plating the medications. I learned how to identify the strengths of different medications, when the patients should take them, and what the different medications where for.
Productive and always changing
Pharmacy Technician (Current Employee) –  Valdosta, GADecember 6, 2013
A day at work is checking in a thousand medications and organizing them according to group home.
Pros
Stress free
Cons
It is a as needed job.
Nice co-workers
Certified Pharmacy Technician (Former Employee) –  Elmhurst, ILJuly 23, 2013
A typical day consisted of filling bubble packages for nursing homes. The co-workers involved cared for one another
What you see is what you get
Pharmacy Tech (Former Employee) –  ChristiansburgApril 10, 2013
The pros of this company are the schedule. There are not many places that allow you to leave 5 or 6 and weekends and holidays off as a pharmacy technician.
The hours are amazing and Monday through friday with overtime on weekends if the work load allows it.
Its nice to feel that you are actually helping someone and making a difference in someone's life who cannot help themselves. You get a good feeling of satisfaction.

Sadly the cons do out weigh the pros.
As a part of recare, they lack in benefits, no 401k and insurance is high with high tiers and copays.

There is no talk from management. The people doing the "grunt work". Big corporations are built on the backs of those who work hard to make a company succeed. Each person is valuable but this company everyone is replacable, this is the additude that Rescare has and the additude that Pharmacy Alternatives has taken as well.

When hired pay is great, but after you have been there for two years you will realize that the money is bad. To get a raise you need to back stab and complain and almost get fired and then receive a promotion or become a favorite in order for money to come your way. The people that make work stressful and do not pull their weight get the best treatment. From leaving early or coming in late
or bringing down moral, these people sadly get paid the best.

A corporation that says they are on a hire freeze can give out raises if they so choose. But don't expect one. From nurses being with Rescare from 10-15 years still making the same to Directors and Techs. Money and advancement is a negative and Rescare has
  more... a huge turnover because of this.

You work so hard and get little to no gratification and the job becomes more then what it needs to be because people quit without giving notice.

If you are wanting a quick fix to a job here you go. As far as a career you are much better off going to a chain as a pharmacy tech.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Pharmacy Alternatives. Our community is ready to answer.

2.4