Pharmacyclics, LLC Employee Reviews

Boring and tiring environment
Clinical (Former Employee) –  Sunnyvale, CAApril 10, 2017
company uses people and tosses them out and because of that there are constant job opening announcements. for one job there are 3 managers and everyone has different opinion.
Pros
free breakfast on Friday
Cons
Management is poor.
Just a ruthless experience
Director of Clinical Contracts (Former Employee) –  Sunnyvale, CAJanuary 5, 2017
When I made it through I was well compensated. But getting there was an exercise in walking through purgatory. I am stronger for it though.
Welcoming environment with a driven workforce
CTMS Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Sunnyvale, CAJuly 4, 2016
Extremely supportive managers provided guidance as well as pushed us to succeed all while promoting team work. It was evident from the start that the company cared for your well being.
Unstable and Unprofessional
Clinical Trial Manager (Current Employee) –  San Francisco, CAJune 28, 2016
I accepted a position moved my family out here after a less than stellar interview. I was promised that they would make up the lower pay rapidly with job promotion if I produced results.
Within less than six months I had senior directors thanking me for the stellar job.
The promised promotion to make up for the loss I took, never happened and over a year later never will happen.
Line managers lie to your face, gossip behind your back, spread inconsistencies ( aka lies), and talk to other try to hunt down personal information to manipulate. This is appalling.
Never have I seen this in a work environment to the degree. It is unprofessional boardering of discrimination lawsuits. I am just waiting to move on at a different company. Others have switched departments as frequent as every year just to get away for the rude and clueless upper management.
Pros
California weather
Cons
management clueless across the board
Very Toxic culture
IT Person (Current Employee) –  Sunnyvale, CAMarch 31, 2016
Managers take credit for employee work. No class when it comes to talking to people. They just dont care. Culture does not promote open communication. No growth, lack of promotion/raise unless you kiss-butt or are buddies with the manager.
Pros
some of the people
Cons
everything else
PCYC review
Administrative Assistant (Current Employee) –  Sunnyvale, CAMarch 24, 2016
Fun, fast paced, great team and management. Recently acquired company, most enjoyable part was seeing everything come together on the Events team.
Was great for the first few years.
Desktop Support Technician (Former Employee) –  Sunnyvale, CAMarch 21, 2016
No longer the company that I was happy at a few years back. Lots of Micromanagement from the new management. Poor culture and bullying going on within different groups.
Pros
Free breakfast on Fridays. Shuttle service from Northbay.
Cons
Clueless management
achieved something big, but at great cost to employees and their families.
Employee (Current Employee) –  Sunnyvale, CAJanuary 31, 2016
Culture of fear. Lack of leadership at most levels. Not a fun place to work for most. Lots of people are leaving, which is why so many jobs are available. Expect more of this.
Great people
EXECUTIVE ASSISTANT TO HEAD OF MEDICAL AFFAIRS (Former Employee) –  Sunnyvale, CAJanuary 19, 2016
Greatly improved since new management took over. There are great people working there and the drug is amazing and doing great work.
Bio tech company.
Desktop Support Specialist (Former Employee) –  Sunnyvale, CAOctober 20, 2015
Was a great place to work. Very close to my house. I got to meet great people and they are still my friends. They had a company wide lay off after clinical trials failed.
Very toxic culture and amateur leadership team. They lead through fear and intimidation. Very rude
Finance (Former Employee) –  Sunnyvale, CASeptember 14, 2015
Great product--a home run. Culture--Toxic. Exec. Team lead through micromanagement, fear and intimidation. Amateurs at building a collaborative, high performance team. Very political. Compensation and promotions are out of the blue no rhyme or reason. If COO likes you and you suck up enough, you will have two promotions and large increases in one year. Everyone can work their tail off and never get promoted. Very uneven rewards and no recognition. No work life balance. It's all work. Leaders are rude and they don't deserve the titles or compensation they have.
Pros
The product. The people who were smart enough to leave for a better place
Cons
The executive team--rude and mean spirited--total amateurs.
Hope for Cancer Patients
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Sunnyvale, CAJune 5, 2015
Typical Day: Many meetings to set up and take down, up to 1-4 per day all between 11:30- 1, and upwards of 20+ attendees.

What I learned: I learned patience is all one has when dealing with crazy timelines

Management: Management takes care of their own, they were all AMAZING. Although in any place there may be some which can be difficult to please.

Co-Workers: Best co-workers ever, many whom will stay with you during rough seas. Never saw so many people work as hard as they do, co-workers and the powers that be.

Hard part of job: Seeing the stress on peoples faces, and wanting to do anything to help relieve their stress, but I am not a qualified scientist or Dr, so I would support in any way I could, especially by making sure they eat or drink to keep going.

Enjoyable part of job: The FDA approvals and the importance of their new drug Imbruvica. It is extremely rewarding to be on that crazy train to see the end results.
Pros
Cancer Drug Approval
Cons
Timelines and a few people whom could not be pleased.
No Work-life balance
CRA (Current Employee) –  Sunnyvale, CADecember 19, 2014
Everyone below Manager level is paid Hourly.
This means half of the company..!
Pros
lot of lunches and food
Cons
no worklife balance
Great place to learn
Quality Analyst (Current Employee) –  Sunnyvale, CADecember 3, 2014
Typical day usually requires some sort of testing whether it be KF, disso, assay/impurities, or GC. PCYC was willing to train me from the beginning so i learned everything from cGMP documentation, how to run LC's, to audit readiness, etc. Management in QC is excellent, other departments may vary. Colleagues in the Quality department are great. Teamwork is crucial. Hardest part of the job is getting over how urgent everything is. Everything always seems to be most urgent and due ASAP. The most enjoyable thing about the job is knowing my work has contributed to helping patients.
If you care for your career, don't work for this company!
current employee (Former Employee) –  silicon valleyFebruary 10, 2013
Employees: stressed out and confused
Management: arrogant, selfish and incompetent
Projects: disorganized and un-real
Culture: 'push you around', 'sink and drown',
Pros
stocks seem to be over-rated
Cons
stock will fall once the study fail
Don't think about it!
Management (Former Employee) –  SunnyvaleDecember 1, 2012
Questionable ethical standard, or lack thereof, and decisions made by untrained individuals.
Pros
they will make you very busy
Cons
bad management

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Pharmacyclics, LLC. Our community is ready to answer.

2.6