PharMerica Employee Reviews in United States

Dont do it!!
pharmacy technician (Current Employee) –  Charleston, SCMarch 22, 2016
Runnn!!! I've been an employee here for goin on three years with no raise jus as my other Co workers. Then corporate comes down an says the staff is at the max pay but i find out everyone around me makes way more than I do.We have lost most of out business do to Pharmerica and there rules an everytime we lose a home they lay off someone.No Warning I could go on I'm just counting down til my 2 week are up!
Pros
No one working over you
Cons
Old ancient system, over worked under paid, no advancement, no overtime, not enough employees to do work, the help desk provides NO help when needed
Lead Payroll Analyst (Current Employee) –  Louisville, KYJanuary 22, 2016
Good place to work. Co-workers work as a team to provide best services possible. Some management personnel are supportive and eager to help advance employees. Accounting department has reputation of low pay and not recognizing contribution individuals make to success of company.
Pros
Team oriented environment
Cons
some positions do not offer salary compensation that are comparitive to similar markets
great place to work
STAFF PHARMACIST (full-time/part-time) (Current Employee) –  Bensenville, ILFebruary 1, 2016
in spite of no job security due to fluctuation in business and poor benefits, I enjoy working at pharmerica.
At my Illinois location all pharmacists are competent, helpful, friendly.
There is no competition whatsoever and team work practiced at its best. The work load is very reasonable. The techs are helpful, respectful and gladly do what you ask them.
Mediocre place to work with high turnover
Billing Support Lead (Former Employee) –  Longmont, COJanuary 10, 2016
PharMerica is a mediocre place to work and the employee turnover rate is higher than average. Training processes have not always been PharMerica's strong suit but began to get better in the recent years. Good employee morale is a struggle but has also gotten better in the last 2 years with the implementation of seasonal fundraisers/BBQ's and team building exercises.
Corporate Long Term Care Pharmacy
Pharmacy Technician (Former Employee) –  Worthington, OHOctober 22, 2015
A typical work day at Pharmerica-Worthington consisted of filling prescriptions, sterile and non sterile medication compounding, and filling emergency drug kits all under the direction of a pharmacist. I was dissatisfied with this company for its lack of advancement for employees. I'm not sure how the other branches of Pharmerica operate, but the Worthington branch did not have a strong management team. There was no on site HR department (only a corporate hotline) and a lot of employee concerns went unaddressed. It seemed as if certain employees were exempt from company policy and procedure while others were not. This created a lot of resentment between employees. The company does not promote from within and there was no real job security or room for advancement. The most enjoyable part of the job to me was casual Friday on paydays.
Pros
company matches employee 401k contributions up to 5%, company offers tution reimbursement
Cons
Very strict and complicated attedance policy(not enforced for all employees), corporate hr hotline didn't do much to address employee concerns
Was I nice place to work until Pharmerica came in.
Pharmacy Technician (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZNovember 6, 2015
Pharmerica bought our Pharmacy and made a lot of promises to everyone. ! month before the 2 pharmacies merged the District Manager looked me right in the face and promised my job and salary were safe. 3 weeks later they informed my I was starting my last week and was being let go. I was basically lied to then and on numerous occasions. Also there benefits are mediocre at best. All that being said.....except for the Pharmacy manager everyone there was great to work with and I enjoyed my job and had no intentions of leaving.
Fast paced, stressful environment
Customer Service Representative - Private Accounts (Former Employee) –  Longmont, COOctober 19, 2015
Working at PharMerica definitely isn't for everyone. It is a very fast paced work environment due to the nature of the business. Mainly a call center for collections and billing, so if you don't like taking lots of calls and collecting money from people who are angry at receiving a bill, this job is definitely not for you!
Pros
Good benefits
Cons
Supervisors constantly checking on everyone's productivity.
Fast paced environment, team building, lead meetings, auditing systems.
Administrative Admissions Associate II (Current Employee) –  Longmont, COSeptember 12, 2015
PharMerica is a great place to work, with friendly people, exciting fundraisers, pot lucks, room for advancement for all employees. The work can become a little mundane after awhile, but only if you let it.
Pros
Monthly Pot Lucks, Quarterly Fundraisers
Cons
Daily routine can become mundane. A lot of rumors between employees.
Unrealistic expectations
n/a (Former Employee) –  LouisvilleJuly 17, 2015
pays low across the board
benefits are terrible with low employer HSA contribution
culture, there is NONE!
employees are not valued
lots of talk about promoting from within but that is has not been my experience
management is out of touch with reality, needs to come into the 21st century
no work/life balance
little flexibility
Pros
convenient locaiton
Cons
many
Exciting, fast-paced work environment
PHARMACY TECHNICIAN (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CAJanuary 26, 2016
I enjoyed working at PharMerica because it had a diverse working environment and I was able to apply what I had learned in school to my job on a daily basis. It was fast-paced and exciting.
On a daily basis I input prescriptions, filled prescriptions, stocked the merchandise, and worked with a wonderful staff.
Management was flexible with my work days and hours, as I was still continuing my education.
The hardest part of the job was making sure everything was inputted correctly by all technicians so that the orders were filled correctly.
I thoroughly enjoyed working in the fast-paced environment and with the staff.
Pros
The diversity of the work environment.
Cons
Short work breaks, computer gliches that would stall our inputting.

Want to know more about PharMerica?

Ask a question
good work experience
Support Analyst (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FLFebruary 14, 2016
answering calls and emails, learned AS/400 support, good management support, good team support, long hours, good work experience
Pros
good work experience
Company Focused on Numbers and Not People
Client Service Center (Former Employee) –  Arlington, TXAugust 18, 2015
Large company who focuses on numbers and not employees or customers as much as they should. Profit margins push this company and employees are expendable and unappreciated. Layoffs occur too often.
Pros
401k
Cons
Layoffs
busy and productive
Lead Entry Data Technician (Former Employee) –  Fridley, MNNovember 2, 2015
I liked working here because everyone was like a big family. What was nice here was that you learned every department so you understood the flow of the pharmacy, and could help anywhere and get the product out to the customer. I learned thee most here in my 16yrs of service. The company was very large when I first started but the longer I was there the smaller it got. The management was not very supportive and there was not much room for advancement.
Pros
learned the most
Cons
no advancement
Worst at training
billing specialist (Former Employee) –  Longmont, COJanuary 6, 2016
When they hired me they told me it was gonna be a six month vigorous training schedule and to do my best to keep up. After a couple of weeks they were impressed with me so they wanted to put me on the "fast-track." I sat at my desk for two weeks without any guidance because they didn't have anyone available to train me.At every review they asked me not to quit and that they would "do right by me." Eventually I got my own assignments and then my trainer went on vacation. When he came back he had new assignments to work on and told me we would continue training after the new year. I was unfortunately hospitalized for about a week and they decided to let me go. They told me that I wasn't keeping up to their standards and my illness was an early sign of problems to come. I never once fell behind and did my best to continue my work despite the fact that they had three trainers for 10+ new hires. Would never recommend Pharmerica as a reputable company to work with.
Abusive environment
Client Billing Services (Former Employee) –  Longmont, CODecember 19, 2015
PharMerica does not treat their employees with much respect. There expectations for production were unrealistic and the environment was stressful and very unrewarding. There was not much opportunity for advancement. And the turnover rate in management was incredible.
Hostile Work Environment impedes success
Per Diem Pharmacist (Current Employee) –  Knoxville, TNApril 18, 2016
The Director of Pharmacy is not fit to be a manager. The company has lost business and failed to invest in its people. This failure has led to loss of revenue. The company probably has a few successful locations, but at my location no one trusts the Director. He is feeding himself off benefits and waiting to retire. He should have been fired by now to save the business.
Pros
Nice employees for the most part
Cons
Company not willing to invest in employees
Productive with no room for growth
Pharmacy Technician (Former Employee) –  King of Prussia, PAOctober 7, 2015
On this recent job, my responsibilities included to have my hands on over-the-counter and controlled medications. I had the opportunity to work with a small staff of about 15-20 people. I would get orders by phone from a provider, then filled the prescription in blister packs.
We would multitask and help each other between, data entry, order filling, monthly inventory, and putting the presciptions into totes for delivery. Overall, it is a good place to work for and the atmosphere is nice. However, I would not recommend anybody to work for them if you're believe in growth. A couple of my coworkers have been working for 17 years doing the same thing with no promotions or offers.
Pros
Great working staff, free lunches
Cons
No room for growth
RUN! If you value your license, your family and job security
Pharmacist (Former Employee) –  CaliforniaApril 4, 2016
Stay away from this company. Seriously, they are losing business on a massive scale and the lay offs are unnanounced, and they have been indicted for illegal activities. If you value your license or want job stability, Pharmerica is not the place for you.
Pros
Free cold water from cooler, if you can get a chance to have some
Cons
Instability, illegal overtime, refusal to give meal breaks and federal indictments for medicare fraud.
Productive,Motivated,highly organized and friendly
Software Engineer (Current Employee) –  Tampa, FLApril 14, 2016
Productive :Minimize distractions,Maximize working time,Encourage physical and mental health,Get clear project specs, Pay attention to your attitude,Code reviews.
Motivated :Highly motivated self starter, able to speak interest and take initiative.
A highly organized and friendly professional, able to establish long team ,positive and fun relationships with clients, co-workers and outside resources.
Horrible place to work!!!
Pharmacy tech (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXFebruary 4, 2016
Pharmacy tech supervisor does not know what she is doing, she hands off her work to everyone. You Get No training, And Then ARE EXPECTED to keep your numbers up. Director is not an easy person to work with amd when she talks she always seems like she is belittling employees. Turn over rate is very high. Pharmacist and techs have done walk outs due to hostile work environment. No worth the stress for the little bit of pay they offer.
Pros
Cons
Director and supervisor attitudes