PHARR YARNS Employee Reviews in United States

fast paced and loud warehouse job
Production (Former Employee) –  McAdenvilleSeptember 25, 2015
Some lead operators barely speak english. They barely train you then send you straight to work. They expect you to go full speed and not to make any mistakes. Don't show there workers much respect. Worst experience i have had.
Pros
Long Breaks
Cons
loud, bad management, slave labor
Good workplace, Rewarding and all American.
Operator (Current Employee) –  McAdenville N.C.April 13, 2013
I work in the extrusion plant, its busy and can be very demanding. good teams and co-workers give a good team cohesion, which makes a busy place flow smother. good management and paid lunches are a pleasant plus. work days are 12 hour shifts with two days on the weekday and every other weekend off (Flip-Flop) long and short week. a well diverse workplace with a multitude of culture, with surprisingly little language barrier.
Pros
advancement, paid lunch, good management, all american!
Cons
12 hour shifts. flip flop weeks.
Room for improvment
trutzschler card technician (Former Employee) –  NCJanuary 2, 2014
I go to work to preform my job to the best of my ability and strive to be a team player.I have always got alone well with co_workers and management.The most enjoyable part of any job is getting fair pay for hard work and having a chance for earned advancement
Pros
benifits, good salary, insurance, vacation and retirement
Not a good place to work at all
Cabler operator (Current Employee) –  Clover, SCMarch 25, 2015
They do not care about there employee's at all,specially the clover plant, The management there are terrible. Go to them about something or someone, they said we will take care of it, but they don't. Tell them something about job, they want listen. Not a fun place to work at all. That's why they can't keep help. They have employee's there, that have been there for a long time, that are leaving.
Pros
Cons
assign too many ends on people, but don't want to pay you anymore money
Good place to work !
Supply Manager/Buyer (Former Employee) –  Clover, SCJanuary 13, 2013
Pharr Yarns is a company fighting to survive the Textile industry downturn. As s Stock Manager I was able to learn to work with an AS400 IBM System. Management was great an understood what it takes to succeed in the industry.
Pros
the ablitiy to make decisions on your own
Cons
benefits were not a good as they need to be
Private company with a lot of tradition intermingled into the work environment.
Plant Manager (Former Employee) –  McAdenville, NCNovember 1, 2014
I enjoyed my career with Pharr Yarns but left to seek other challenges and to adjust to a life changing event due to the loss of my wife.
Pros
great people
Cons
retirement program was not up to industry standards.
overall dependable company
Lab Manager (Former Employee) –  McAdenville, NCJanuary 29, 2013
very busy lot of testing, about , about Kevlar the strength.management and coworker was good over all. the hardest part of the job was all the paper work the most enjpyable was learning different fibers
Pros
good people
Cons
some people not taking jod serious
Fast pace company with great shifts
volkman operater/packer/suser operater (Former Employee) –  Clover S.C.February 26, 2012
This company has great benefits along with many job training to provide anyone interested in fast pace environment.
Pros
great paying company
Cons
short breaks
tough
1st Shift Lead Fixer and Overhauler (Former Employee) –  McAdenville, NCAugust 30, 2012
rough place to work, management are bullies and the jobs overwork you.
Busy with lots of learning.
Accouting Clerk (Former Employee) –  McAdenvile, NCJuly 21, 2014
I have worked in many different positions during my 10 year employment at Pharr Yarns. I have worked in purchasing, receivables, payables, general ledger, and property. I have worked with several different managers who were always willing to help and guide you during your learning process.
fun and hard
Spinner (Former Employee) –  Belmont, NCJuly 16, 2013
you work you butt off in a textile mill but is could be fun, you learn different thing s everyday no matter how long your where there. your co work would help you out if need and the mangement was always around . the hardest part of it is if you went in to a hole and could not get out of it.
Pros
break time
Cons
not enough time
Production cotton plant, and I enjoyed working there.
Card Operator/ Material Handler (Former Employee) –  Ranlo, NCFebruary 25, 2013
I enjoy working for this company. I performed many jobs there in before I was layed off permently, due to the company was closing at that time at different sites.
Pros
it was a stabel work enviroment
Cons
i ended up layed off from working at all at the mill.
I loved it
Material Handler, winders, and creeler (Former Employee) –  McAdenville, NCJune 19, 2012
I was a winder which was okay, then a spinner which was better made more money then the Ultimate I was promoted to a creeler which was the best job I ever had you worked 8hrs but with production you got paid for 12hrs it was my goal to get 12hrs everyday
My first 40 hor per week job.
Fixer (Former Employee) –  Lowell, NCOctober 28, 2013
It was a hard job, and you were constantly on the move. Most times my breaks were done while still running the machines.
Pros
it gave me experience for future employment.
Cons
hard, hard work with little pay.
Nasty company
Janitor (Former Employee) –  McAdenville, NCAugust 25, 2014
WAS NO FUN NASTY PLACE WASNT WORKABLE hard to keep bathrooms clean and sanitized
Pros
long breaks
Cons
longbreaks
Excelente empresa interesada en el desarrollo de sus empleados e interesados en su crecimiento y/o promoción laboral.
Operador y Ayudante de Mecanico (Former Employee) –  NCSeptember 5, 2014
Normalmente despues de checar entrada siempre hay saludos amables en casilleros y áreas comunes., sin excepción todos preparan su área de trabajo revisando limpieza para la seguridad de día laboral y del mismo trabajador.

Relajados 3 secciones de descanso para hacer el lunch en cualquiera de los dos comedores en donde hay posibilidad de calentar los alimentos o comprar algo en las maquinas dispensadoras. Se aprovecha también para intercambiar ideas con los compañeros de otras áreas y si hablan otro idioma se aprovecha en aprender un poco y desarrollar la comunicación

Dias aveces complicados cuando el material por producir no es 100% de calidad por alguna falla mecánica o descompostura en alguna parte de la maquinaria.

En general el ambiente es excelente.

2.8