Phelps County Regional Medical Center Employee Reviews

awesome
vital member (Former Employee) –  Rolla, MOFebruary 20, 2017
I loved my job there. it was fun. great experience. the pizza was great I just loved it. I don't know what else to say other than I really liked it so good luck.
Great atmosphere. Engaged management. An overall great place to work
Phlebotomist (Former Employee) –  Rolla, MOFebruary 3, 2017
I still mill this job after 10 years of being gone!!! Teamwork was never an issue while I worked at PCRMC, we all worked together to get the job done and would actually "fight" over who was going to do draws instead of who wasn't. Management was always very involved and connected with the employees!!!
good place to work
Family Nurse Practitioner (Current Employee) –  Rolla, MOJanuary 26, 2017
Compensation is very comparable, but work-life balance is not there. Majority of physicians look down on Nurse Practitioners. They do however, take their time with med students.
Pros
badge swipe for cafeteria and pharmacy
Cons
work-life balance
World class compationate patient centered care
Pharmacy Technician (Current Employee) –  Rolla, MOJanuary 14, 2017
This hospital is based on the best care for all patients! A workplace for compassionate, hard working, caring people in the area! Phelps County Regional Medical center is a great facility to be a part of, anything from nursing to volunteering!
Pros
Health Benefits, safe environment, and education
Cons
Short handed in staffing and work scheduling
A nice place to work but a bit slow with progress
Major Gift Officer (Former Employee) –  Rolla, MOJanuary 12, 2017
A typical week of work entailed weekly meetings with the executive director and a monthly meeting with the board. Continual shifting education for the task at hand in how to handle that situation. Management was completely on task as were the co-workers. The most enjoyable part of my job was getting to know the people who I had the privilege to work with.
Pros
Friendships
Cons
Not being directed in the right direction continually.
Productive Laboratory
Lab Assistant I (Current Employee) –  Rolla, MOJanuary 12, 2017
Processing, Multiple Outsource Labs, Helped in stocking and processes of a new Cancer Center. Ran tests and a CLIA-WAVED clinic. Loved being able to learn new tasks and locations. Overall a good place to work!
Loved the doctor and nurses in the Surgical Unit
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Rolla, MOJanuary 11, 2017
I loved working for Dr. Dana Voight; I was the assistant for the Surgical Unit in the clinic. Even though my position was not at the nursing level Dr. Voight always let me know my job and my job performance was equally important. Our typical day in the clinical started with Allison Rowden, PA clinic. I ordered all patient testing, called insurance company, and scheduled follow up appointments. Dr. Voights clinic would start at 2:15 and ran to around 5:15 with seeing 22 to 30 patients. It was a very rapid clinic but ran very smoothly. My co-workers were the best, great ladies, we all got along so well.
The hardest part of my job was going to our off site clinic carrying all the charts, equipment, and anything else to run a clinic; but our clinic still ran smooth. The other part was leaving my job for a new job.
Pros
Dr/staff working enviroment was wonderful, listened to suggestioned, stood up for employees, His relationship with our team made the employees want to do a great job for him and his customers.
Cons
My direct supervisor had very poor work relations with employees.
Excellent Expierence in Medical Field
Volunteer at Hospital (Former Employee) –  Rolla, MOMay 30, 2016
I was in the volunteen program during one of my years in high school and the opportunities and leadership experience that I was given was amazing. I got to watch surgeries, shadow at the pharmacy and help delivering paperwork to different buildings and assist with billing and letters. Also I got to greet patients and offer them refreshments from the hospitality cart. I accomplished a 52 hours certificate that summer volunteering there.
Co-workers
PHLEBOTOMIST (Former Employee) –  Rolla, MONovember 28, 2015
The people that I worked beside at PCRMC were exceptional. They all were friendly and professional...I never felt out of place!!
Pros
meals were charged to be taken out of check, small and you know everyone
Cons
small and you know everyone
Great organization to work for with an amazing staff that supports one another!
Floating Medical Office Secretary (Former Employee) –  Rolla, MOOctober 25, 2015
I have completely enjoyed all of my jobs and this was no different! It was fun, I learned a lot and had supportive management. While I was there we were experiencing a software upgrade which of course, tries everyone's patience! However, somehow every one kept smiling and moving forward. My favorite part of the job is making someone who obviously doesn't feel well more comfortable or even making them smile.
Pros
Discounts on food and in the gift shop!
Cons
They couldn't offer Medical Secretaries more than a certain dollar amount and I, for example, drive quite a ways.
HIM Clerk (Former Employee) –  Rolla, MOOctober 22, 2015
As a CNA I had not been familiar with Rolla or the Hospital and when I first started their as a CNA I felt like I had worked their forever everyone, management, nurses all my co-workers was great and made me feel at home there.

The Hospital has a mission and they try very hard to reach that mission, from laundry service to management the Hospital excels to make it the best for everyone who enters the doors.
Pros
I like it because it is smaller and more hospitable than larger hospitals
Cons
in my opinion being a small rural hospital specialist are hard to come by.
Tech on Psych Services
Patient Care Assistant/ Medical Secretary (Former Employee) –  Rolla, MOOctober 12, 2015
A exciting place to work with a constant change in atmosphere. Management was poor and needs more team building skills. There wasn't much time off with required overtime.
benefits
Cons
dangerous, not many breaks
i really liked the others i was working with
ICU RN (Former Employee) –  Rolla, MOSeptember 4, 2015
the other nurses i was working with were super nice, and i really liked them. although they all knew where the cafeteria was and i didn't. i worked night shift here, and the other nurses were nice.
Had fun monthly meetings.
Home Health Care Worker (Former Employee) –  Rolla, MOJuly 2, 2015
I worked part time with two clients that were so sweet, by taking care of their home, and themselves. The administration was pleasant. I learned that everyone need companionship and family isn't always around to fill that void. Having a soda water or coffee with a client
PCRMC was a very professional and caring hospital in all aspects.
Registered Radiologist Technician (Former Employee) –  Rolla, MOJune 1, 2015
I can honestly say that I enjoyed coming to work each and every day at Phelps County Regional Med. Ctr. I was proud to be part of a very dedicated team of professionals,that provided the utmost of quality and compassionate care to people from all walks of life.I enjoyed teaching x-ray students, and I became the "Go To" guy when anyone came across a difficulty or problem. My managers trusted and supported me wholeheartly.
Pros
Caring friends, co-workers, management team
Cons
Nothing worth mention
Good Healthcare Facility
Supply Chain Management - Team Lead (Current Employee) –  Rolla, MOApril 7, 2015
I love my job and the people I work with but I don't feel there is any room for growth in my department. Has been a great job for the past 7 years but I am always looking to better myself and strive to be the best person I can be.
Pros
Great benifits
Cons
poor compensation and lack of room for growth
Excellent Place to Work
PUBLIC SAFETY OFFICER (Former Employee) –  Rolla, MODecember 17, 2014
Great management, employees are amazing and helpful, very positive work environment
Pros
Paycheck Deductions
Cons
Parking
Efficibent work enviroment
Patient Transport Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Rolla, MOOctober 14, 2014
I have advanced with this company from a CNA to a supervisor of a department over the last eleven years. I work with a very dedicated team that strives to put the needs of the patients we service first.

The management has worked with me to strengthen my skills and develop management skills to best work in my current position.
Director of Surgical Services (Current Employee) –  Rolla, MOAugust 8, 2014
PCRMC is a great place to work! Alot of great physicians and co workers. Excellent benefits.
Very friendly co-workers.
IT Service Desk Technician (Former Employee) –  Rolla, MOJuly 10, 2014
PCRMC is a great place to work. Most people are very friendly and willing to help.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Phelps County Regional Medical Center. Our community is ready to answer.

4.3