Phelps County Regional Medical Center Employee Reviews

PCRMC Was a great place to work.
Telecommunications Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Rolla, MONovember 11, 2017
I worked at PCRMC for 15 years. I held several different positions while I was employed at the hospital. I learned so much during my time at the hospital.
Excellent
Lead Workstation Analyst (Current Employee) –  Rolla, MONovember 10, 2017
Great place to work. Enjoy working there. Great benefits and environment.Managers and coworkers work as a team. Clean environment and professional. Recomended
Do not work here
Registered Nurse (Former Employee) –  Rolla, MONovember 7, 2017
Worked here twice. The management is very clique-y, and they sacrifice patient well-being to cover for their friends. Physicians are extremely rude to patients, family members, and nursing staff. When physician misconduct is brought up to management, employees are made to feel as if they are the problem, not the physicians.
Pros
location
Cons
poor pay, poor culture, heavy patient load
Great team overall
Medical Telemetry Staff Registered Nurse (Former Employee) –  Rolla, MO 65401October 17, 2017
My first time working nights and it wasn't so bad. The team I worked with was great because everyone was helpful. I just didn't like the commute I had to do.
Excellent team work!
Emergency Department Nurse (Former Employee) –  Rolla, MOAugust 26, 2017
The ED team is an incredible team to work for. Shifts can be very busy, sometimes high volume of patients, sometimes high acuity patients, and some days is a mix of both! Always incredible team work.
Productive and a good place to work
Registration Clerk (Former Employee) –  Rolla, MOMay 18, 2017
A typical day at work is doing paperwork ,lots of scanning, answering phones, and just helping staff out with what is needed.
I learned a lot about insurance's and how they work. I learned about medications and different codes that came in the ER.
the management there is outstanding and always works with you when needed
the hardest part of the job was being there when a death happened
the most enjoyable part of the job was being able to learn different things that you never knew about, getting to know a lot of people.
Great place to get a start in healthcare.
Unit Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Rolla, MOMay 17, 2017
For the most part, this is a great place to work. You run into blocks when you try to advance. The pay isn't as much as I've been paid in the past for much lesser positions. Payroll deduct in the cafeteria, gift shop, and employee pharmacy is very convenient. The insurance is somewhat expensive for being a healthcare organization. Upper management/payroll/HR can be shady at times. So be sure you know what you're signing up for and agreeing to before you commit to any benefits, especially the AFLAC coverage they offer. The management on the individual floors has always been fantastic!
Payment poster
Payment Poster (Former Employee) –  Rolla, MOApril 9, 2017
Lack of training, poor management, can't advance with them, and lots of drama. Payment posting is a lot of work. You go thru the mail, answer phones, post all money and make adjustments. I know it sounds easy but it's not.
Pros
Some coworkers are nice and benefits
Cons
Poor management, cant advance, lots of drama and pay
fun place to work, good location, willing to train and flexible hours
LPN (Former Employee) –  Rolla, MOMarch 21, 2017
This is a very good place to work, they are willing to train new nuress which is awesome. Competitive pay for area. Wonderful clean facility and great location!
Pros
willing to train new nurses
Cons
short staffed
awesome
vital member (Former Employee) –  Rolla, MOFebruary 20, 2017
I loved my job there. it was fun. great experience. the pizza was great I just loved it. I don't know what else to say other than I really liked it so good luck.
Great atmosphere. Engaged management. An overall great place to work
Phlebotomist (Former Employee) –  Rolla, MOFebruary 3, 2017
I still mill this job after 10 years of being gone!!! Teamwork was never an issue while I worked at PCRMC, we all worked together to get the job done and would actually "fight" over who was going to do draws instead of who wasn't. Management was always very involved and connected with the employees!!!
good place to work
Family Nurse Practitioner (Current Employee) –  Rolla, MOJanuary 26, 2017
Compensation is very comparable, but work-life balance is not there. Majority of physicians look down on Nurse Practitioners. They do however, take their time with med students.
Pros
badge swipe for cafeteria and pharmacy
Cons
work-life balance
World class compationate patient centered care
Pharmacy Technician (Current Employee) –  Rolla, MOJanuary 14, 2017
This hospital is based on the best care for all patients! A workplace for compassionate, hard working, caring people in the area! Phelps County Regional Medical center is a great facility to be a part of, anything from nursing to volunteering!
Pros
Health Benefits, safe environment, and education
Cons
Short handed in staffing and work scheduling
A nice place to work but a bit slow with progress
Major Gift Officer (Former Employee) –  Rolla, MOJanuary 12, 2017
A typical week of work entailed weekly meetings with the executive director and a monthly meeting with the board. Continual shifting education for the task at hand in how to handle that situation. Management was completely on task as were the co-workers. The most enjoyable part of my job was getting to know the people who I had the privilege to work with.
Pros
Friendships
Cons
Not being directed in the right direction continually.
Productive Laboratory
Lab Assistant I (Current Employee) –  Rolla, MOJanuary 12, 2017
Processing, Multiple Outsource Labs, Helped in stocking and processes of a new Cancer Center. Ran tests and a CLIA-WAVED clinic. Loved being able to learn new tasks and locations. Overall a good place to work!
Excellent Expierence in Medical Field
Volunteer at Hospital (Former Employee) –  Rolla, MOMay 30, 2016
I was in the volunteen program during one of my years in high school and the opportunities and leadership experience that I was given was amazing. I got to watch surgeries, shadow at the pharmacy and help delivering paperwork to different buildings and assist with billing and letters. Also I got to greet patients and offer them refreshments from the hospitality cart. I accomplished a 52 hours certificate that summer volunteering there.
Co-workers
PHLEBOTOMIST (Former Employee) –  Rolla, MONovember 28, 2015
The people that I worked beside at PCRMC were exceptional. They all were friendly and professional...I never felt out of place!!
Pros
meals were charged to be taken out of check, small and you know everyone
Cons
small and you know everyone
Great organization to work for with an amazing staff that supports one another!
Floating Medical Office Secretary (Former Employee) –  Rolla, MOOctober 25, 2015
I have completely enjoyed all of my jobs and this was no different! It was fun, I learned a lot and had supportive management. While I was there we were experiencing a software upgrade which of course, tries everyone's patience! However, somehow every one kept smiling and moving forward. My favorite part of the job is making someone who obviously doesn't feel well more comfortable or even making them smile.
Pros
Discounts on food and in the gift shop!
Cons
They couldn't offer Medical Secretaries more than a certain dollar amount and I, for example, drive quite a ways.
HIM Clerk (Former Employee) –  Rolla, MOOctober 22, 2015
As a CNA I had not been familiar with Rolla or the Hospital and when I first started their as a CNA I felt like I had worked their forever everyone, management, nurses all my co-workers was great and made me feel at home there.

The Hospital has a mission and they try very hard to reach that mission, from laundry service to management the Hospital excels to make it the best for everyone who enters the doors.
Pros
I like it because it is smaller and more hospitable than larger hospitals
Cons
in my opinion being a small rural hospital specialist are hard to come by.
Tech on Psych Services
Patient Care Assistant/ Medical Secretary (Former Employee) –  Rolla, MOOctober 12, 2015
A exciting place to work with a constant change in atmosphere. Management was poor and needs more team building skills. There wasn't much time off with required overtime.
benefits
Cons
dangerous, not many breaks

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Phelps County Regional Medical Center. Our community is ready to answer.

Phelps County Regional Medical Center Reviews by Location