Phelps County Regional Medical Center Employee Reviews in United States

Great organization to work for with an amazing staff that supports one another!
Floating Medical Office Secretary (Former Employee) –  Rolla, MOOctober 25, 2015
I have completely enjoyed all of my jobs and this was no different! It was fun, I learned a lot and had supportive management. While I was there we were experiencing a software upgrade which of course, tries everyone's patience! However, somehow every one kept smiling and moving forward. My favorite part of the job is making someone who obviously doesn't feel well more comfortable or even making them smile.
Pros
Discounts on food and in the gift shop!
Cons
They couldn't offer Medical Secretaries more than a certain dollar amount and I, for example, drive quite a ways.
HIM Clerk (Former Employee) –  Rolla, MOOctober 22, 2015
As a CNA I had not been familiar with Rolla or the Hospital and when I first started their as a CNA I felt like I had worked their forever everyone, management, nurses all my co-workers was great and made me feel at home there.

The Hospital has a mission and they try very hard to reach that mission, from laundry service to management the Hospital excels to make it the best for everyone who enters the doors.
Pros
I like it because it is smaller and more hospitable than larger hospitals
Cons
in my opinion being a small rural hospital specialist are hard to come by.
Tech on Psych Services
Patient Care Assistant/ Medical Secretary (Former Employee) –  Rolla, MOOctober 12, 2015
A exciting place to work with a constant change in atmosphere. Management was poor and needs more team building skills. There wasn't much time off with required overtime.
benefits
Cons
dangerous, not many breaks
i really liked the others i was working with
ICU RN (Former Employee) –  Rolla, MOSeptember 4, 2015
the other nurses i was working with were super nice, and i really liked them. although they all knew where the cafeteria was and i didn't. i worked night shift here, and the other nurses were nice.
Had fun monthly meetings.
Home Health Care Worker (Former Employee) –  Rolla, MOJuly 2, 2015
I worked part time with two clients that were so sweet, by taking care of their home, and themselves. The administration was pleasant. I learned that everyone need companionship and family isn't always around to fill that void. Having a soda water or coffee with a client
PCRMC was a very professional and caring hospital in all aspects.
Registered Radiologist Technician (Former Employee) –  Rolla, MOJune 1, 2015
I can honestly say that I enjoyed coming to work each and every day at Phelps County Regional Med. Ctr. I was proud to be part of a very dedicated team of professionals,that provided the utmost of quality and compassionate care to people from all walks of life.I enjoyed teaching x-ray students, and I became the "Go To" guy when anyone came across a difficulty or problem. My managers trusted and supported me wholeheartly.
Pros
Caring friends, co-workers, management team
Cons
Nothing worth mention
Good Healthcare Facility
Supply Chain Management - Team Lead (Current Employee) –  Rolla, MOApril 7, 2015
I love my job and the people I work with but I don't feel there is any room for growth in my department. Has been a great job for the past 7 years but I am always looking to better myself and strive to be the best person I can be.
Pros
Great benifits
Cons
poor compensation and lack of room for growth
Excellent Place to Work
PUBLIC SAFETY OFFICER (Former Employee) –  Rolla, MODecember 17, 2014
Great management, employees are amazing and helpful, very positive work environment
Pros
paycheck deductions
Cons
parking
Efficibent work enviroment
Patient Transport Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Rolla, MOOctober 14, 2014
I have advanced with this company from a CNA to a supervisor of a department over the last eleven years. I work with a very dedicated team that strives to put the needs of the patients we service first.

The management has worked with me to strengthen my skills and develop management skills to best work in my current position.
Director of Surgical Services (Current Employee) –  Rolla, MOAugust 8, 2014
PCRMC is a great place to work! Alot of great physicians and co workers. Excellent benefits.
Very friendly co-workers.
IT Service Desk Technician (Former Employee) –  Rolla, MOJuly 10, 2014
PCRMC is a great place to work. Most people are very friendly and willing to help.
Sonographer (Current Employee) –  Rolla, MOApril 22, 2014
PCRMC is a great place to work. The only downfall I can see is that it is severely micro-managed, not empowering employees to become their absolute best.
Pros
great benefits, great people.
Cons
micro-managed
Wonderful Places, Wonderful People!
IT Services Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Rolla, MOApril 7, 2014
I love the people here, they have amazing personalities. Another great thing is the benefits, who can say that if they get sick they can see a doctor for free? $100,000 surgery? No problem, co-pay is $100
Pros
amazing benfits, wonderful people
Amazing Work environment
Emergency Department Nurse, RN, BSN (Former Employee) –  Rolla, MOFebruary 2, 2014
I absolutely loved working at PCRMC. The staff worked as a team and there was always someone there to help you. I learned so much from doctors, charge nurses and all staff. We had a typical patient load of 4 patient, but worked with team nursing to cover other patients. The only reason I left this work place was due to a military move with my husband.
Pros
lunch break, teamwork, happy work environment
Cons
low pay
A hospital wit excellent doctors and nurses
Coordinator, Diabetes Education Program (Former Employee) –  Rolla, MODecember 14, 2013
Love teaching patients and staff about diabetes.
manged patients and ADA recognized program
taught part time
Pros
free coffee, excellent 401k
REGISTRATION (Current Employee) –  Rolla, MONovember 13, 2013
Make sure that all patients are taken care of and the have all orders for their testing. Direct them to the right location.
Concerned Rural Health Clinic
Family Nurse Practitioner (Current Employee) –  Rolla, MOOctober 16, 2013
The center offers a multitude of jobs and provides concerned care for the surrounding rural community. It is having growing pains but the progress being made makes this a good place to work.
Pros
continual growth
Cons
rural environment
Great work environment
Surgical Technologist Student (Former Employee) –  Rolla, MOAugust 7, 2013
Spending three months training in my profession at PCRMC was a great working experience.
Quality Medical Care
Family Nurse Practitioner (Current Employee) –  Rolla, MOJuly 27, 2013
PCRMC offers quality medical care to the rural community surrounding. It is a hospital that is continually growing and adding newer and more modern services.

The rural community offers a differing set of values than the typical suburban community. These values are important to be aware of and offer a wider base of perspective in working with your patients.

The hardest part of the job is having to send patients to specialty services that may be 100 or more miles away which is a significant hardship for some. This provides an opportunity for learning how to work with the patient for their own well-being to learn the value of the care being offered to them even though it may require a substantial effort and resource burden.
Pros
managerial support.
Cons
distance from several major medical specialties and/or services
Love the job, not the company
Licensed Practical Nurse (Current Employee) –  Rolla, MOJune 1, 2013
A typical day includes providing care for patients in a hospital setting.

The most enjoyable part of the job is taking care of patients.

Unfortunately, PCRMC no longer values their employees which has created a very high turn over rate impacting patient care and customer service. PCRMC allows repeated physician abuse to their nurses and a hostile work environment with a deal with it or leave attitude.
benefits
Cons
deducted lunch breaks without relief from duties

4.3