Phelps County Regional Medical Center

Phelps County Regional Medical Center Employer Reviews

Efficibent work enviroment
Patient Transport Supervisor (Current Employee), Rolla, MOOctober 14, 2014
I have advanced with this company from a CNA to a supervisor of a department over the last eleven years. I work with a very dedicated team that strives to put the needs of the patients we service first.

The management has worked with me to strengthen my skills and develop management skills to best work in my current position.
Director of Surgical Services (Current Employee), Rolla, MOAugust 8, 2014
PCRMC is a great place to work! Alot of great physicians and co workers. Excellent benefits.
Very friendly co-workers.
IT Service Desk Technician (Former Employee), Rolla, MOJuly 10, 2014
PCRMC is a great place to work. Most people are very friendly and willing to help.
Sonographer (Current Employee), Rolla, MOApril 22, 2014
Pros: great benefits, great people.
Cons: micro-managed
PCRMC is a great place to work. The only downfall I can see is that it is severely micro-managed, not empowering employees to become their absolute best.
Wonderful Places, Wonderful People!
IT Services Coordinator (Former Employee), Rolla, MOApril 7, 2014
Pros: amazing benfits, wonderful people
I love the people here, they have amazing personalities. Another great thing is the benefits, who can say that if they get sick they can see a doctor for free? $100,000 surgery? No problem, co-pay is $100
Amazing Work environment
Emergency Department Nurse, RN, BSN (Former Employee), Rolla, MOFebruary 2, 2014
Pros: lunch break, teamwork, happy work environment
Cons: low pay
I absolutely loved working at PCRMC. The staff worked as a team and there was always someone there to help you. I learned so much from doctors, charge nurses and all staff. We had a typical patient load of 4 patient, but worked with team nursing to cover other patients. The only reason I left this work place was due to a military move with my husband.
A hospital wit excellent doctors and nurses
Coordinator, Diabetes Education Program (Former Employee), Rolla, MODecember 14, 2013
Pros: free coffee, excellent 401k
Love teaching patients and staff about diabetes.
manged patients and ADA recognized program
taught part time
PRODUCTIVE
REGISTRATION (Current Employee), Rolla, MONovember 13, 2013
MAKE SURE THAT ALL PATIENTS ARE TAKEN CARE OF AND THE HAVE ALL ORDERS FOR THEIR TESTING. DIRECT THEM TO THE RIGHT LOCATION.
Concerned Rural Health Clinic
Family Nurse Practitioner (Current Employee), Rolla, MOOctober 16, 2013
Pros: continual growth
Cons: rural environment
The center offers a multitude of jobs and provides concerned care for the surrounding rural community. It is having growing pains but the progress being made makes this a good place to work.
Great work environment
Surgical Technologist Student (Former Employee), Rolla, MOAugust 7, 2013
Spending three months training in my profession at PCRMC was a great working experience.
Quality Medical Care
Family Nurse Practitioner (Current Employee), Rolla, MOJuly 27, 2013
Pros: managerial support.
Cons: distance from several major medical specialties and/or services
PCRMC offers quality medical care to the rural community surrounding. It is a hospital that is continually growing and adding newer and more modern services.

The rural community offers a differing set of values than the typical suburban community. These values are important to be aware of and offer a wider base of perspective in working with your patients.

The hardest part of the job is having to send patients to specialty services that may be 100 or more miles away which is a significant hardship for some. This provides an opportunity for learning how to work with the patient for their own well-being to learn the value of the care being offered to them even though it may require a substantial effort and resource burden.
Love the job, not the company
Licensed Practical Nurse (Current Employee), Rolla, MOJune 1, 2013
Pros: benefits
Cons: deducted lunch breaks without relief from duties
A typical day includes providing care for patients in a hospital setting.

The most enjoyable part of the job is taking care of patients.

Unfortunately, PCRMC no longer values their employees which has created a very high turn over rate impacting patient care and customer service. PCRMC allows repeated physician abuse to their nurses and a hostile work environment with a deal with it or leave attitude.
Medical lab
Phlebotomist (Former Employee), Rolla, MOMay 8, 2013
Good training and a lot of good people. Would recommend working here to anyone!
Overall good place to work considering location
RN (Current Employee), Rolla, MOFebruary 25, 2013
Pros: good benefits, adequate staffing, adequate equipment, good support
Cons: job insecurity, lack of management insight
Good benefits, reasonable pay. Heavy on administrative staff.
Review Summary
IT Student ERP Health Care Systems (Former Employee), Rolla, MODecember 11, 2012
PCRMC is a great hospital to work for, although I was an IT student there with U. Missouri Rolla. I was not paid, and was working as part of a class (ERP Health Care Systems).
Overall, good place to work
Director of Surgical Services (Current Employee), Rolla, MOOctober 28, 2012
Overall, PCRMC is a good place to work. PCRMC is very focused on creating a positive, safe environment for their patients.
Fun place to work with great coworkers
Occupational therapist (Current Employee), Rolla, MOSeptember 26, 2012
I typically work from 6:30 to 3:00. My coworkers are great. Everyone is dedicated to helping our patients get the most out of their hospital stay.
Fast paced and Educational
LPN-IV/ Surgical Orthopedics (Former Employee), Rolla, MOSeptember 19, 2012
This has been my favorite job even though the shortest. The hardest part of the job was the shifts available conflicted with my family and I was not able to stay there long. You hit the floor running and didn't stop until your shift was over. Seen various pre and post op patients. Lots of wound care performed. This was the most educational job. I enjoyed the fast paced atmosphere and surgical patients.
Review of employment
RN Charge nurse, staff, and resource nurse (Former Employee), Rolla, MOSeptember 3, 2012
I enjoyed working at PCRMC for quite a while. It can be hectic at times, the shift manager may not always be fair in assignments, breaks, or lunch breaks. Weekday evening shifts are quite difficult since there are many admits/discharges of surgical patients.
Operating Room
surgical technologist (Current Employee), Rolla, MOMay 29, 2012
Pros: excellent benefits
Cons: not getting 40 hours
It is a great hospital to work at, but if sensus is low we are sent home early and this does not pay well for me.