Phelps Memorial Hospital Center Employee Reviews

Fun workplace
Student Observer (Former Employee) –  Sleepy Hollow, NYJanuary 9, 2017
I was a student observer so it was all unpaid. I observed in the hand therapy of the occupational and physical therapy office. The therapists were all great to work with very welcoming and is very interesting to see all the cool tools they use for therapy
Phelps Memorial Hopsital has a patient centered culture
Medsurg Tech & Health Unit Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Sleepy Hollow, NYDecember 29, 2016
Phelps places alot of efforts towards patient centered care. Patients needs always come first and we aim to make patients as comfortable as possible. I miss working there.
best job ever
Medical Surgical Technician (Former Employee) –  Medical Surgical TechnicianDecember 9, 2016
best place to work! amazing people, patients and pay. everyone here works as a team. Everyone is so polite. Opportunities for growth
Pros
discounted meals
Cons
8 hour shift for LPN
Working with my doctor
Medical Assistant (Current Employee) –  Sleepy Hollow, NYApril 20, 2016
The only reason I enjoy working where I work now is because I work with a very exceptional provider who not only cares greatly for his patients but loves to teach as well. Over the course of 2 years working one-on-one with him I have learned not just about all aspects of Neurology but about all aspects of different studies of medicine. My co-workers are over all nice enough to work with but no one here is a tam player making things around the office much more diffucult and the managment lacks the sense to see what is going on and to even hold anyone accountable for their actions
Pros
free lunches, benefits
Cons
poor manament, poor pay
I liked the hospital setting
Medical receptionist (Former Employee) –  Sleepy Hollow, NYApril 3, 2016
Worked for a multi specialty medical office. I answered phones, made appointments, checked patients in and out, retrieved referrals, collected co payments.
Management at Phelps was very weak. Managers and group managers were not always available or hard to contact them when you needed their help.
I worked with two medical assistance and occasionally they got another receptionist to help me at the front desk.We all worked well together.
The most enjoyable part of this job and any medical or dental office is that I enjoy helping and being around people and the patients.
Pros
Met many different people being it was a hospital attached to the medical offices.
Cons
I needed help at the front desk, because it was to much for one person to handle, and they never got met the help I needed.
Teacher Assistant at the Robin's Nest
Teacher Assistant (Current Employee) –  Sleepy Hollow, NYNovember 15, 2015
If you are a student and work part time, it is not a bad place to work. They work around your schedule. Working with children is rewarding but the pay is really low for long hours. Luckily I can make up my own schedule only because I am a student.
Pros
Working with Children
Cons
Pay is low
Work place is evolving fantastically.
sterile processing technician 2 (Current Employee) –  Sleepy Hollow, NYNovember 4, 2015
Always learning, and great people clean work environment very small department but excellent workers great management the tech's are passionate about there jobs so there will always be excellent quality coming from the sterile processing department at phelps memorial hospital.
Pros
Quality care facility things get done team fantastic at what they do.
Cons
Very small department so does not require more than a tech 2
Wonderful facility w/ great culture and professional atmosphere
Senior Physical Therapist level 2 (Current Employee) –  Sleepy Hoolow, NYOctober 5, 2015
fast paced environment w/ supportive staff and team centered approach. Multitude of educational opportunities w/ good pay and benefits. overall a wonderful place to work and grow as a clinician.
Pros
see above
Cons
no computerized documentation system; heavy work load.
Great community hospital
Registered Nurse (Former Employee) –  Sleepy Hollow, NYAugust 25, 2015
A great community hospital were staff know each other by name. Hospital culture is the best I have worked in. Hospital is expanding a lot of exciting things going on.
Pros
Well managed, seasoned coworkes, culture of kindness
Cons
Benefits are that great, cafeteria food nasty
Excellent teamwork environment
LICENSED CLINICAL SOCIAL WORKER (Former Employee) –  Sleepy Hollow, NYApril 27, 2015
Typical day would include morning rounds with multidisciplinary team, orienting self to therapeutic issues that might arise for the day, and then running groups and seeing individual clients, being able to assess needs for intervention in possible crisis situations, providing case management, interacting with other agencies involved in treatment, interacting with family as needed. Hardest part of day was prioritizing numerous tasks and completing by end of day, advocating for patient insurance recertification. The most enjoyable part was interacting with clients.
Pros
Good teamwork
Cons
Very short breaks
a learning experience
Medical Technician (Former Employee) –  tarrytown, new yorkApril 13, 2015
i low what work needs to get done
i learned that working in a uncomfortable environment i can still get my work done
most enjoyable part of the day is when management has a full staff on board r and divides the work load properly
Love the culture...
Office Manager (Former Employee) –  sleepy hollow, nyMarch 10, 2015
Excellent orientation program - they stress the importance of hospital culture, which is to be kind to the patients and one another.
Productive fun
Medical Assistant (Former Employee) –  Sleepy Hollow, NYDecember 8, 2014
Answering telephones, greeting patients, updating and filing patients' medical records, filling out insurance forms, handling correspondence, scheduling appointments, arranging for hospital admission and laboratory services, and handling billing and bookkeeping. Taking medical histories and recording vital signs, explaining treatment procedures to patients, preparing patients for examination, and assisting the physician during the examination.
Pros
free lunches, great co-workers
Cons
sometime no lunch breaks
Great clients. Management plays favorites. Low pay
Clinical Therapist (Former Employee) –  Ossining, NY -ATSOctober 30, 2014
I really enjoyed my job here which is a shame. The company is trying to save money so anything they can do to cut spending on they will. They lowball masters level employees with salary and rarely will negotiate with you. Sure, there are merit based increases each year out of a 0-4% raise however, administration sent out a memo letting employees know how difficult it is to be rated at a 4% which is frustrating. Working where I worked in order to save money they combined both outpatient CD programs which means staff has to share offices with no flexibility in deadlines, and clients complain about overcrowding. I'm not quite sure what the role of management is here, as my former coworkers and I would often face issues that we were told to "handle ourselves" and then get scolded when we would make decisions. Also there are very clear favorites here, including an office manager who sits on personal calls and facebook all day and will have a laundry list of complaints about staff and how hard she works/busy she is and be allowed by the program manager to publicly harass and bully whomever she is personally targeting that day. I'd say if you're looking for experience and live locally, great, otherwise steer clear. The stress isn't worth it.
Pros
Nice clients, good coworkers (some)
Cons
low pay, favoritism, management sucks
Great place for work/life balance
DEVELOPMENT MANAGER (Former Employee) –  Sleepy Hollow, NYAugust 11, 2014
Typical day doesn't exceed 8 hours
This company promoted continuing education
Co-workers were all from very different backgrounds
Pros
Medical and dental, retirement benefits are very competitive
Cons
Job security is not what it was
good management.
Coder II (Former Employee) –  Sleepy Hollow, NYJuly 27, 2014
good environment, good place to work and learn from each other.
Pros
alway learning
Cons
fix work schedule
Nice environment, horrible management
Patient Access Representative (Former Employee) –  Sleepy Hollow, NYApril 15, 2014
My first 3 weeks here, I knew I wanted out! The department has bad management that just point out all your wrongs and don't take the time to care about the individual. Many of the co-workers are really nice but of course you have the few who couldn't care less about who you are. The lack of respect from management must be noticed because other department many times don't even show respect to the Admitting staff. The environment is nice and there are many smiling faces around but thats about the only good thing.
Pros
Environment, (some) Nice co-workers, Smiling faces
Cons
Admitting management!!!!!!!!!!!
Phelps hospital
Case Manager (Current Employee) –  Sleepy Hollow, NYMarch 29, 2014
The people are hard working and supportive. Hospitality Department is amazing and sets this hospital apart from any other
Pros
Free parking
Cons
Salary too low
Phelps Hospital has a great work environment, work ethics and employees
Orthopedic Nurse (Current Employee) –  Orthopedics and Rehabilitation Dept.January 17, 2014
Presenty I am an "on call" LPN on the Orthopedic Unit. My patient base continually changes. There is good management support and fellow workers are cooperative and work as a team.
Pros
Positive and supportive work environment
productive and educational
Medical Assistant (Current Employee) –  sleepy hollow, New YorkDecember 10, 2013
this position has a lot of educational oppurtunities. I am currently a part time worker and seeking full time hours. I enjoy working in slow pace but would prefer to be in an fast paced enviornment.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Phelps Memorial Hospital Center. Our community is ready to answer.

Phelps Memorial Hospital Center Reviews by Location