Phelps Memorial Hospital Center Employee Reviews

on ASU hectic mornings with quieter afternoons. Always got lunch.
Registered Nurse (Former Employee) –  Sleepy Hollow, NYOctober 18, 2017
Would return for a fair price. Staff worked well together and were all friends. Management attentive to needs of staff. Surgeons easy to get along with. Food in cafeteria good.
Friendly and helpful staff
MHWr Adult Inpatient Behavior Rehab Unit (Former Employee) –  Sleepy Hollow, NYJuly 22, 2017
Small family owned facility. Friendly and helpful administration and staff members. Understanding staff to help with work and personal needs. On job training
Busy and a productive work environment
Revenue Cycle Consultant (Former Employee) –  Ossining, NYJuly 21, 2017
Great place to work and much to learn and achieve. Beautiful location and great working atmosphere. People and overall staff including HR are most welcoming @ all times.
Provided me with an opportunity to learn the world of Human Resources
Employment Specialist (Former Employee) –  Sleepy Hollow, NYJune 27, 2017
I enjoyed my time working at Phelps which provided me with the opportunity to learn Human Resources. While there I was able to return to school and earn two degrees further advancing my career.
Daycare Sucks
Assitant Teacher (Current Employee) –  3 phelps laneJune 18, 2017
there's a bullying culture, that management refuses to address, basically management under RH sucks. She has no idea how to run a business, has zero control of her staff, plays favorites and is unprofessional. majority of the girls are very nasty, and have a very childish high school mentality. The hours suck most people do a 7-6,8-6, and some even do a 7-7. Oh and did i mention that we have a rat/mice infestation, check the OCFS website we got a write up about it. The only good thing are a few of the woman, and i really mean a few, the pay, and the kids.
Pros
pay, kids
Cons
Job culture, Hours, and MANAGMENT
CALL CENTER ASSOCIATE (Current Employee) –  New York, NYJune 6, 2017
Phelps is a wonderful healthcare institution and provides competitive wages and superior fringe benefits. They also have a great tutition reimbursement program.
Practice Manager/ Revenue Auditor (Current Employee) –  Sleepy Hollow, NYMay 9, 2017
Most employees show Phelps Pride and are committed to Healthcare. Great place to work. The Culture of Care is encouraged at the Hospital. The hospital cares about the patients and employees
Great patient centered culture
Patient Access Representative II (Former Employee) –  Sleepy Hollow, NYMay 7, 2017
Clean and friendly environment. Staff are personable and approachable. Patient service is excellent. great place to work. biggest issue is the lack of career advancement.
Pros
friendly staff
Cons
low pay scale with little finanical incentive
Fun workplace
Student Observer (Former Employee) –  Sleepy Hollow, NYJanuary 9, 2017
I was a student observer so it was all unpaid. I observed in the hand therapy of the occupational and physical therapy office. The therapists were all great to work with very welcoming and is very interesting to see all the cool tools they use for therapy
Phelps Memorial Hopsital has a patient centered culture
Medsurg Tech & Health Unit Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Sleepy Hollow, NYDecember 29, 2016
Phelps places alot of efforts towards patient centered care. Patients needs always come first and we aim to make patients as comfortable as possible. I miss working there.
best job ever
Medical Surgical Technician (Former Employee) –  Medical Surgical TechnicianDecember 9, 2016
best place to work! amazing people, patients and pay. everyone here works as a team. Everyone is so polite. Opportunities for growth
Pros
discounted meals
Cons
8 hour shift for LPN
Working with my doctor
Medical Assistant (Current Employee) –  Sleepy Hollow, NYApril 20, 2016
The only reason I enjoy working where I work now is because I work with a very exceptional provider who not only cares greatly for his patients but loves to teach as well. Over the course of 2 years working one-on-one with him I have learned not just about all aspects of Neurology but about all aspects of different studies of medicine. My co-workers are over all nice enough to work with but no one here is a tam player making things around the office much more diffucult and the managment lacks the sense to see what is going on and to even hold anyone accountable for their actions
Pros
free lunches, benefits
Cons
poor manament, poor pay
I liked the hospital setting
Medical receptionist (Former Employee) –  Sleepy Hollow, NYApril 3, 2016
Worked for a multi specialty medical office. I answered phones, made appointments, checked patients in and out, retrieved referrals, collected co payments.
Management at Phelps was very weak. Managers and group managers were not always available or hard to contact them when you needed their help.
I worked with two medical assistance and occasionally they got another receptionist to help me at the front desk.We all worked well together.
The most enjoyable part of this job and any medical or dental office is that I enjoy helping and being around people and the patients.
Pros
Met many different people being it was a hospital attached to the medical offices.
Cons
I needed help at the front desk, because it was to much for one person to handle, and they never got met the help I needed.
Teacher Assistant at the Robin's Nest
Teacher Assistant (Current Employee) –  Sleepy Hollow, NYNovember 15, 2015
If you are a student and work part time, it is not a bad place to work. They work around your schedule. Working with children is rewarding but the pay is really low for long hours. Luckily I can make up my own schedule only because I am a student.
Pros
Working with Children
Cons
Pay is low
Work place is evolving fantastically.
sterile processing technician 2 (Current Employee) –  Sleepy Hollow, NYNovember 4, 2015
Always learning, and great people clean work environment very small department but excellent workers great management the tech's are passionate about there jobs so there will always be excellent quality coming from the sterile processing department at phelps memorial hospital.
Pros
Quality care facility things get done team fantastic at what they do.
Cons
Very small department so does not require more than a tech 2
Wonderful facility w/ great culture and professional atmosphere
Senior Physical Therapist level 2 (Current Employee) –  Sleepy Hoolow, NYOctober 5, 2015
fast paced environment w/ supportive staff and team centered approach. Multitude of educational opportunities w/ good pay and benefits. overall a wonderful place to work and grow as a clinician.
Pros
see above
Cons
no computerized documentation system; heavy work load.
Great community hospital
Registered Nurse (Former Employee) –  Sleepy Hollow, NYAugust 25, 2015
A great community hospital were staff know each other by name. Hospital culture is the best I have worked in. Hospital is expanding a lot of exciting things going on.
Pros
Well managed, seasoned coworkes, culture of kindness
Cons
Benefits are that great, cafeteria food nasty
Excellent teamwork environment
LICENSED CLINICAL SOCIAL WORKER (Former Employee) –  Sleepy Hollow, NYApril 27, 2015
Typical day would include morning rounds with multidisciplinary team, orienting self to therapeutic issues that might arise for the day, and then running groups and seeing individual clients, being able to assess needs for intervention in possible crisis situations, providing case management, interacting with other agencies involved in treatment, interacting with family as needed. Hardest part of day was prioritizing numerous tasks and completing by end of day, advocating for patient insurance recertification. The most enjoyable part was interacting with clients.
Pros
Good teamwork
Cons
Very short breaks
a learning experience
Medical Technician (Former Employee) –  tarrytown, new yorkApril 13, 2015
i low what work needs to get done
i learned that working in a uncomfortable environment i can still get my work done
most enjoyable part of the day is when management has a full staff on board r and divides the work load properly
Love the culture...
Office Manager (Former Employee) –  sleepy hollow, nyMarch 10, 2015
Excellent orientation program - they stress the importance of hospital culture, which is to be kind to the patients and one another.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Phelps Memorial Hospital Center. Our community is ready to answer.

Phelps Memorial Hospital Center Reviews by Location