Phelps Memorial Hospital Center

Phelps Memorial Hospital Center Employee Reviews

a learning experience
Medical Technician (Former Employee), tarrytown, new yorkApril 13, 2015
i low what work needs to get done
i learned that working in a uncomfortable environment i can still get my work done
most enjoyable part of the day is when management has a full staff on board r and divides the work load properly
Love the culture...
Office Manager (Former Employee), sleepy hollow, nyMarch 10, 2015
Excellent orientation program - they stress the importance of hospital culture, which is to be kind to the patients and one another.
Productive fun
Medical Assistant (Former Employee), Sleepy Hollow, NYDecember 8, 2014
Pros: free lunches, great co-workers
Cons: sometime no lunch breaks
Answering telephones, greeting patients, updating and filing patients' medical records, filling out insurance forms, handling correspondence, scheduling appointments, arranging for hospital admission and laboratory services, and handling billing and bookkeeping. Taking medical histories and recording vital signs, explaining treatment procedures to patients, preparing patients for examination, and assisting the physician during the examination.
Great clients. Management plays favorites. Low pay
Clinical Therapist (Former Employee), Ossining, NY -ATSOctober 30, 2014
Pros: nice clients, good coworkers (some)
Cons: low pay, favoritism, management sucks
I really enjoyed my job here which is a shame. The company is trying to save money so anything they can do to cut spending on they will. They lowball masters level employees with salary and rarely will negotiate with you. Sure, there are merit based increases each year out of a 0-4% raise however, administration sent out a memo letting employees know how difficult it is to be rated at a 4% which is frustrating. Working where I worked in order to save money they combined both outpatient CD programs which means staff has to share offices with no flexibility in deadlines, and clients complain about overcrowding. I'm not quite sure what the role of management is here, as my former coworkers and I would often face issues that we were told to "handle ourselves" and then get scolded when we would make decisions. Also there are very clear favorites here, including an office manager who sits on personal calls and facebook all day and will have a laundry list of complaints about staff and how hard she works/busy she is and be allowed by the program manager to publicly harass and bully whomever she is personally targeting that day. I'd say if you're looking for experience and live locally, great, otherwise steer clear. The stress isn't worth it.
Great place for work/life balance
DEVELOPMENT MANAGER (Former Employee), Sleepy Hollow, NYAugust 11, 2014
Pros: medical and dental, retirement benefits are very competitive
Cons: job security is not what it was
Typical day doesn't exceed 8 hours
This company promoted continuing education
Co-workers were all from very different backgrounds
good management.
Coder II (Former Employee), Sleepy Hollow, NYJuly 27, 2014
Pros: alway learning
Cons: fix work schedule
good environment, good place to work and learn from each other.
Nice environment, horrible management
Patient Access Representative (Former Employee), Sleepy Hollow, NYApril 15, 2014
Pros: environment, (some) nice co-workers, smiling faces
Cons: admitting management!!!!!!!!!!!
My first 3 weeks here, I knew I wanted out! The department has bad management that just point out all your wrongs and don't take the time to care about the individual. Many of the co-workers are really nice but of course you have the few who couldn't care less about who you are. The lack of respect from management must be noticed because other department many times don't even show respect to the Admitting staff. The environment is nice and there are many smiling faces around but thats about the only good thing.
Phelps hospital
Case Manager (Current Employee), Sleepy Hollow, NYMarch 29, 2014
Pros: free parking
Cons: salary too low
The people are hard working and supportive. Hospitality Department is amazing and sets this hospital apart from any other
Phelps Hospital has a great work environment, work ethics and employees
Orthopedic Nurse (Current Employee), Orthopedics and Rehabilitation Dept.January 17, 2014
Pros: positive and supportive work environment
Presenty I am an "on call" LPN on the Orthopedic Unit. My patient base continually changes. There is good management support and fellow workers are cooperative and work as a team.
productive and educational
Medical Assistant (Current Employee), sleepy hollow, New YorkDecember 10, 2013
this position has a lot of educational oppurtunities. I am currently a part time worker and seeking full time hours. I enjoy working in slow pace but would prefer to be in an fast paced enviornment.
Undesirable management
Former Console Operator (Former Employee), TelecommunicationsApril 6, 2013
Pros: management is incompetent and unprofessional.
Cons: phelps is a nice place in general.
The atmosphere can be stressful and unpleasant due to sarcastic and angry management in Communications Dep't and lack of cooperation from Administration.
Enjoyable Atmosphere
Patient Access Representative II (Former Employee), Sleepy Hollow, NYMarch 19, 2013
Was almost here for five years but had to resign for personal reasons. Enjoyable work environment but no acknowledgement from supervisors or directors.
fun
Phlebotomist (Former Employee), Sleepy Hollow, NYAugust 10, 2012
Pros: short breaks
Cons: not flexible with rotating schedule
Training program is excellent
Managers are willing to work with you

Phelps Memorial Hospital Center Salaries