PHH Corporation

PHH Corporation Employee Reviews

Productive, interactive, and easy going company!
N/A (Current Employee), Mt/ Laurel NJJuly 22, 2015
Pros: easy going, room for advancement
Cons: temp job
I work for this company as a temp and it's a great company! It's very easy going and they have outstanding customer service skills!
A great starting point
LEVEL III UNDERWRITER / TEAM LEADERSHIP (Former Employee), FloridaJuly 20, 2015
PHH is a great starting point if you are new to the mortgage industry. They will provide training you are not able to get at any other lender. The hours are super long and the workload at times is very heavy.
Very Easy Going, Great Management
APPRAISAL COORDINATOR I (Former Employee), Mount Laurel, NJJuly 15, 2015
Enjoyed my tenure here, was sorry to leave. I learned so much at this company and was able to advance three times. Coworkers and Management made it easy to want to come to work.
you never know what is coming next
Loan Processor (Current Employee), Mt. LaurelJuly 14, 2015
Usually a typical day is fine although there usually are a lot of system outages that stunt productivity. Upper management is seldom clear about what direction processing is going. The people there are easy to work with.
love it
Mortgage Service Center representative (Former Employee), Mount Laurel, NJJuly 14, 2015
Wonderful company to work for. They care about their employees and it shows. No complaints at all. just wished they'd pay a little more
Stressful
Transaction Manager (Former Employee), Jacksonville, FLJuly 13, 2015
Pros: Salary
Cons: Management
High paced, resolution specialist who was assigned escalations that Loan processor and supervisor could not handle. Dealt directly with Financial advisors and clients on the Mortgage side of the business.
N/a
Tax Analyst (Current Employee), Sparks, MDJuly 6, 2015
PHH is a great place to work, very friendly people. Great work life balance. Hours are very flexible. Good opportunities.
Unstable Company
High Net Worth Closer (Current Employee), Bannockburn, ILJuly 1, 2015
Pros: Work/Life balance
Cons: Constant layoffs
They seem to always be laying off. Not a company you should consider for long term employment. Different sites have different procedures on how to do things.
PHH Corporation
L1 Auditor/Jr (Former Employee), Mount Laurel, NJJuly 1, 2015
Pros: Lunch Stations with chiefs; training material made available, compensation packages
Cons: sometime very long hours
PHH was a fast paced place of employment. A typical day could range from auditing 10-20 plus files to being switched to work on special projects. Very goal/number oriented but PHH compensated employees with complimentary lunches and dinners if over-time was mandatory. I learned more about FNMA, Freddie Mac, Ginnie Mae procedures. Management was flexible and giving. Co=workers worked well together. The hardest part of a work day with PHH was meeting individual goals. Although this was not an issue on my part I did see some co-workers struggle with this issue.
The most enjoyable part of PHH besides growing in knowledge was shopping! PHH was a company that provided employees with so many benefits. For example, every day there was a different vendor available for employees to shop. You name it vendors had it. From A-Z! PHH also provided employees access to an in house gym and made open to employee families as well.
good
Construction Review Analyst/ Underwriter Level II (Former Employee), Jacksonville, FLJune 24, 2015
good place to work. big corporation. good training. good learning experience to carry on through life. good pay. fair reviews
Extremely volatile and unstable work industry.
Mortgage Underwriter (Former Employee), Jacksonville, FLJune 23, 2015
Pros: Good compensation
Cons: Unstable industry with a hiring/layoff revolving door
On the outside, the company seems secure and upwardly moving with opportunities to grow professionally. I was part of the massive hiring wave of 2012 and 2013. Well over 300 new employees were hired in a short amount of time and received intensive training. It was a continuously changing environment where information was not often shared and employees had to rely on the rumor mill about company changes which contributed to unsure job security. Testing and training were ongoing and advancement was offered as the company changed directions. In the mortgage industry, flux is expected. This company like many others does not see its employees as an asset but as numbers on a ledger, and a way to manage their budget. In 2013 the majority of the new hires of the previous year were laid off in several waves including a large number of long time employees in excess of 10+ years tenure. When the refinance market slowed down, the anticipated need for employees was not realized and the lay offs began. Even with new ownership, the company does not seem to have changed its outlook as far as employees are concerned. As recently as a few months ago, the company was hiring however the main building on Gate Parkway is up for sub-lease. The lease is up in 2016 and they are planning on downsizing again. This information is readily available but Im sure the company is not forthcoming with that information either. When considering this company for employment, I would not recommend assuming a long term opportunity.
Company in reorganization mode
Supervisor/Asst (Current Employee), Mount Laurel, NJMay 29, 2015
This company is going through many changes due to fluctuation in market indicators. A positive aspect with new management is the focus on lean six sigma and their commitment to having all of their employees green belts.
Good pay, no advancement
Senior Mortgage Consultant (Current Employee), Mount Laurel, NJMay 28, 2015
Pros: Income
Cons: Company culture and lack of advancement
The pay as a consultant is good, however there is no room for advancement. It is a heavily regulated industry, so day-to-day becomes monotonous.
Great security
Loan Processor (Former Employee), Mount Laurel, NJMay 27, 2015
Pros: Many amenities, pay was good
Cons: Bonus structure unfairly based on others' performances
Since my tenure there, it seems as though changes have been made: no more 200 loan pipelines and managers who don't have the employees best interests in mind. If the evaluations are still dictating the processor's bonuses, though, I would not recommend this place.
Nice people with ongoing changes
HUD specialist (Current Employee), Mount Laurel, NJMay 26, 2015
Pros: On-site cafeteria and gym
I started working 11:30-8 pm for 3 years and was thrilled to be promoted to the first shift 8:30-5:00 pm with regular overtime. Unfortunately, due to reductions in the workforce, I have been directed to mandatory night shifts up to 7 times per month and am forced to give up many of the after work activities I had come to value as part of my work-life balance.

My co-workers are great to work with but have been placed in the same situation and it is impacting overall morale.

The hardest part of my job is the inconsistency in policy and procedures and the lack of ownership when questioned.

The most enjoyable part of my day is working with customers who provide positive feedback on my expertise and customer service.
average
Consultant (Current Employee), Mount Laurel, NJMay 18, 2015
massive expansion and reductions all the time.Not alot of growth potential. Average place, average pay, nothing too special.
In the beginning very production fun place to work morale was high
Auditor (Former Employee), Mount Laurel, NJMay 6, 2015
Pros: gave to the community and team players were like family
Cons: when it changed hands a lot was lost
The company use to be a family base organization and then it changed hands and it became more of a profit and loss company. It cut all of the employee activities that made it a fun place to work and the our health benefit package was much to be desired
Productive and fun work place
Jr Underwriter / Closer (Former Employee), Mount Laurel, NJApril 27, 2015
I worked for PHH Mortgage 10 years, I enjoyed every munite of it, wonderful co-workers and helpful.Management are very well knowledgeable and helpful
Production
Default Case Manager (Current Employee), Mount Laurel NJApril 21, 2015
Phh stress the importance of time management, being organized and communication. Working here I learned great customer service skills.
It was really a good company to work for, there was a good work life balance and the work was pretty challenging too.Thanks
SR QA Lead (Former Employee), Mount Laurel, NJApril 4, 2015

1 2 3 4 5

About PHH Corporation

Two staples of modern life -- homes and houses -- come together at PHH. The company's operations consist of PHH Vehicle Management – Read more

PHH Corporation Salaries