PHH Mortgage Employee Reviews

If you work in an outlying area
Licensed Mortgage Advisor (Former Employee) –  Pocatello, IDMay 17, 2017
I worked in an outlying area & no locate corporate support or presence. You are basically alone in the wilderness without much critical support. All mortgage processing is handled on the other side of the US & there is no real attempts to develop a working relationship with any amount of trust and/or confidence. They rely on the Private Label commitment to receive the business. Without the Private Label Contracts that are signed - they are not competitive enough & do not have the presence to attract the business & be competitive without the demands of the contracts.
Pros
Cons
Not supported & not competitive (see comments for more detail).
ok
REO Specialist/ Legal Entity Review (Former Employee) –  Williamsville, NYMay 16, 2017
I would not recommend working for this company. Lack of communication with team players and management. The hardest part of the job is that no one takes responsibility for anything.
na
Business Systems Analyst (Former Employee) –  Buffalo, NYMay 14, 2017
I do not want to partticpate in this review...there should be an option to decline a review..you will deter many from using your program, I will never use service again.
Nice place to work
Manager, Default AP & Cash Processing (Current Employee) –  Mount Laurel, NJApril 30, 2017
Company allows jeans year around
There are town hall meetings on a regular basis.
Employee's are sent special communications about the status of
the company.
There is a large and very productive call center
Pros
Cafeteria on premises
Cons
Little to no cross-training
provides oppounties for other carreers
High Net Worth Loan Processor (Current Employee) –  Mt. Laurel, NJApril 27, 2017
This job experience was very valuable. It did give me a chance to network and work with people I wouldn't normally work with. I built relationships in an insure that I would have never thought possible.
It is not the happiest place, you have to make the most out of the experience.
Pros
Comission if you make production
Cons
management
fun place to work, layoffs were too many!
Various Positions (Former Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLApril 21, 2017
I worked as a temporary for almost 4 years, too many layoffs, overtime was great after 37.5 hours. Don't bring anything personal to your desk because of the layoffs...
Pros
overtime, cafeteria, friends
Cons
layoffs
Enjoyable work environment
Temp Mortgage Subservicing Rep (Former Employee) –  Mount Laurel, NJApril 18, 2017
While the work/life balance at PHH was satisfactory and the office culture was one of inclusion and support, the steady decline of upwards-moving opportunity and general success of the company was a concern. PHH was losing many of its high ranking officers while I was in temporary employment for them. An inescapable sense of dread permeated through its offices and upper management did little to quell employee concerns.
Productive and fun workplace
Fulfillment Specialist (Current Employee) –  Mount Laurel, NJ 08054April 15, 2017
PHH is a great place to work. The atmosphere is always positive and productive. The people are friendly and respectful. I have enjoyed greatly working at this company.
Good company
Loan Processor (Current Employee) –  Mount Laurel, NJApril 13, 2017
The company has been around for a very long time and has been very good to work for. The company has excellent benefits and a good vision for the future.
Sinking Ship
Loan Sales Consultant (Former Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLApril 9, 2017
No clear plan for success going forward
Very low morale
Company sold off majority of business functions recently leaving behind a skeleton crew that is waiting for doors to shutter in Jacksonville
Have not been there in a while I heard they were laying off staff
SR. RECRUITER (Former Employee) –  Fort Lauderdale, FLApril 5, 2017
Company has changed management staff since I have been there. The management staff was poor when I was there but I believe there has been turnover since I was there.
Pros
Cafeteria was fantastic
Cons
Managers of departments needed training
Started out great, then company downsized.
Collections, and customer service (Former Employee) –  Mt. Laurel, NJApril 5, 2017
Once a company with great advancement available. Good training, looking forward to transferring into department more challenging. Did my time in department, when being interviewed within, company started downsizing. I was a victim of downsizing. Company cut back from 2000 to 700 in two months, downsizing continuing.
Pros
Large company with what I thought was great growth potential, until downsizing.
Cons
Micro managing, and finally downsizing.
Overall a good company to work for.
MORTGAGE/PROJECT UNDERWRITER (Former Employee) –  Mount Laurel, NJ 08054April 1, 2017
Overall a good company to work for. Typical mortgage industry/ servicing. Schedules were good, plenty of over time offered. Benefits and perks were nice.
Productive and fun place
Application Development Lead (Former Employee) –  Mount Laurel, NJMarch 27, 2017
Productive and fun place, this is the company with lot of great IT professionals using latest tech ologies and adapting to ever chnaing IT rules and regulations
hate it
Loan Processing Secretary (Former Employee) –  Mount Laurel, NJMarch 27, 2017
I went through a temp service so I was unfamiliar of the job atmosphere. my boss was my recruiter so I did not know any of the employees there. I did not really like it.
Pros
Cons
disconnection
Observation from a Contractor
Lien Release (Current Employee) –  Mount Laurel, NJMarch 26, 2017
I worked for PHH as a Contractor for 6 months. While with PHH I noticed that a lot of associates were losing there jobs due to the fact that the current leadership was not doing their job and putting their associates in a position to be successful. What is left there now is a bunch of leaders who would rather throw other associates under the bus than fix the issues at hand.

Over all bad organization and I can see why they sold majority of their company.
Pros
Learn to problem solve on a daily basis
Cons
Mass confusion and unorganized.
pool table, company store
Servicing Exam Support Specialist (Current Employee) –  Mount Laurel, NJMarch 25, 2017
I like the job I do, doing audits for clients working with the business and getting the information needed for Quarterly and Annual Audits for clients that are needed.

The culture through the company is unsettling right now with the current state of the company.

The company does believe in family and work like balance which is a great asset.
Cons
Health plan
Mortgage Reality
Collections Representative II (Current Employee) –  Mount Laurel, NJMarch 15, 2017
A typical day at work consist of pulling the daily pipeline and clearing tasks to update account. If there are voicemail's, they are retrieved and calls are returned.
Time management is key when working a large amount of accounts, and it's simplified by notating every form of correspondence.
There are some peers within the company that are more seasoned and are sometimes willing to help when in need, but mostly, it's a sink or swim atmosphere, which makes it a very challenging place to work. The best part of my job is when you are able to get the future home buyer to close on their property on the date they are set to close.
Pros
Helping people
Cons
No job security
negative environment
Collector (Former Employee) –  Mount Laurel, NJMarch 14, 2017
Awful company.. I had a boss that played favorite. no room for advancement..constant layoffs.. pay was poor at best. I was so glad to leave the company. Every day was a drudge.. negative environement. I would never recommend them to anyone.
Pros
there are non
Cons
working there
PHH still feels like home; however:
Team Player (Former Employee) –  Mount Laurel, NJMarch 13, 2017
The atmosphere has changed over the years. Working at PHH used to be like working with family but the moral has completely decreased. Management has focused more on share holder value than the well being of their most valuable asset (the employees).
Pros
employees
Cons
senior management

Ask a question about working or interviewing at PHH Mortgage. Our community is ready to answer.

2.8