Philadelphia 76ers Employee Reviews in United States

Fun work place experience for an intern
Corporate Development Intern (Current Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAMarch 21, 2016
I started as an intern in October of 2015 and instantly fell in love with the atmosphere and culture of the office. Working with great people enhanced the experience and seeing behind the scenes at games was very interesting. The only thing I dislike about this job are some times the hours (games on weekends) are long and sporadic, as well as the promote from within idea. I don't think sales is my forte and it seems like a lot of the higher ups started in sales and worked their way up. Overall I think this would be a great company to work for especially since the 76ers are projected to only get better in the upcoming years.
Pros
Free lunch every once and a while, tickets to games, etc.
Cons
Long hours during season
Extremely energetic work environment.
Sponsorship Intern (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAJanuary 12, 2016
I would report to a sponsorship account manager and aid him/her in whatever was on his/her plate for the day whether that be attend lunch meetings with potential clients, or gather contact information of additional clients. It was extremely rewarding to help set up presentations and pitches to potential clients and see them follow through.
Pretty good environment, but could be better
76ers Intern (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PANovember 28, 2015
Solid organization with a clear direction of re-branding and re-imaging the 76ers. Very nice and clean environment, but the success is tied to the team which means they can do better.
Fun work environment with friendly people
Community Relations Intern (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAOctober 5, 2015
This was one of the most fun jobs that I've ever had.

I got to work for my favorite team....I grew up going to 76er games watching A.I., now I was getting a chance to meet some of the players from the current generation.

The people are all cool, and even though I was not apart of the daily duties, the game day portion of my job, as well as summer camp experiences were phenomenal.
Pros
Worked for awesome organization
Lots of work
Account Executive & Intern (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAJuly 10, 2015
Working for a professional sports team is a lot of hours and a lot of phone calls. This job just wasn't for me. It was a short term period.
Pros
Free Happy Hours
Cons
A lot of hours
Productive work environment
Activities Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Valley Forge, PAJune 8, 2015
The Philadelphia 76ers camp is a wonderful place. The staff, interns, superiors, campers, and family create a family environment and bond that is unbreakable. All staff members are trained to be aware at all times and work as a team to complete daily tasks before deadlines.
Pros
free lunch, great pay, great environment
Great Culture, Questionable Management
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAFebruary 26, 2015
I loved working the basketball team. It was a fun work environment with even better people all at the same point in their lives. We all wanted the same thing and that's to get out foot in the door within the industry. I say the management was questionable because it wasn't run like a workplace, but more like a high school class.
We could not communicate with any of the C-Level executives without checking with our direct manager, who then had to go through the department director, who then had to go through the VP of the department.
The training was great, but I felt as though if you were not successful within a certain amount of time you pretty much fell by the wayside with the managers, while they latched on to the more successful associates.
Pros
people, culture
Cons
management
Great Office
Corporate Partnership Account Manager (Former Employee) –  Navy Yard, Philadelphia, PAApril 2, 2014
I managed accounts and worked with deals that were in the $100,000. I fulfilled events and made sure that all contractual items were managed and maintained. I attend all basketball games and met with clients.
Great Internship
New Media Intern (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAAugust 2, 2013
Had a chance to travel and meet some cool people. great learning experience for anyone who wants to make a career in the sports entertainment industry.
Awesome experience for a summer internship
Statistics Intern (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAAugust 19, 2012
Typically the day involved entering box scores into books or the computer than completing various projects.
Philadelphia 76ers: National Basketball Association
Corporate Sales Manager (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAJuly 23, 2012
This was a very fun position working for a professional basketball team while the team enjoyed high power rankings and escalating local and national interest in this basketball team. I was the Corporate Sales Mgr for the team and managed between 15-20 Account Executuves. We were responsible for ticket sales, corporate club box and suite sales, as well as game packages. I enjoyed traveling to fun cities with the team and a huge opportunity to network with other recruiters. The only difficult portion was working late night hours.
Pros
watching sports with clients
Cons
late night hours
Great enthusiastic enviornment
Community Relations Intern (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAMarch 23, 2012
I had a great learning experience at the Sixers. I recommend it highly to anyone interested in the Professional Sports industry experience.
Pros
get to participate in all activities
Cons
unpaid

4.2