Philadelphia College of Osteopathic Medicine Employee Reviews in United States

Lively atmosphere, never a dull moment.
Media Specialist (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAOctober 20, 2015
Provided support as a Media Specialist for all PCOM "smart classrooms” and Audio/Video equipment
Responsible for ensuring that all PCOM video conference equipment (Polycom Video Units) was functional and operational at all times
Duplicated lectures onto DVD
Set up all video conference calls and meetings
Responsible for overseeing any outside vendors during troubleshooting or installation process of A/V equipment
Pros
Great people to work with
Cons
Temp position
Working wth Students/Regisration,
Psychology Department Secretary II (Former Employee) –  City Line Avenue, Philadelphia, PANovember 13, 2014
Day at work, Answered phones, ran errands, did photocopying,

What I learned, was more phone skill(s), interacting with students as they came to register for the PSYD-Department, also had to put folders together for orientation for students., worked a lot with mail merge.

Management: was ok,

The Co-worker was Ok, I had to work with someone, who reported to her supervisor, co-worker gave me my assignment, and reported back to the Boss about the assignment(s).

The hardest part of my job was trying to stay focus, and get the task done quickly and efficiently.

Interacting with Staff and Students, when the time permitted itself.
Pros
learend more skills, and more interaction with people.
Cons
the lady reported everything that i did back to the manager, whether it was right or wrong.
Knowledgeable, dedicated and friendly environment
Senior Financial Analyst (Current Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAJune 29, 2015
PCOM is a friendly place to work, with employees from the top to the bottom, who are dedicated and knowledgeable. It has a small college feel because it is a small professional medical school with a long history in osteopathic medicine. Over the last ten years and into the next ten, it has focused on growth beyond osteopathic medicine.
Educational environment with room to grow
Communications Assistant (Current Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAJuly 24, 2013
I have been working at PCOM for the past 21 years. Over the years I have worked with students, professors, administration and support staff who have always treated everyone equal. there is a sense of family at PCOM.

I enjoy working with the students and for about 5 years, I helped manage the rugby team and made many long lasting friendships with members of the team.
PCOM gives you the opportunity to advance through out the college and affords you the opportunity to receive training to keep up with advancement in technology.
Great academic and clinical experience
Physician Assitant Student (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAJuly 17, 2015
26 Month Physician Assistant Program:
- Didactic portion: 14 months
- Clinical portion: 12 months (8 clinical rotations)
Interesting place to work due to the Sixers training at our facility
Security Dispatcher (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAMarch 26, 2012
My job was to monitor and maintain a safe environment. I sign in student, employees and visitors. Respond to phone calls and redirect them. I learn to maintain a profession appearance and demeanor at all times while monitor the facility. There noting hard about my job because i love what i do but there are challenging aspect of my job, like dealing with alarm, unauthorized personnel, and vagrants. I love the office environment.
Great Medical School
Library Assistant (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAFebruary 19, 2015
I learned many skills needed to be a successful medical student through the biomedical program!

Pros: Work-study

Cons: Tuition is high
Very Creative place to work
Administrative Assistant and Faculty Support (Former Employee) –  Suwanee, GASeptember 20, 2013
Enjoyed working at PCOM for over 3 years , friendly management and not too many micromanaging involved.
The employees are friendly and very helpful.
Executive Administrative Assistant (Current Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAAugust 13, 2013
It is a great place to work. The management team is outstanding!
fun and less stress
Assistant Administrative/Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Suwanee, GAJune 20, 2012
i enjoyed working here, because I just graduated from college at the time and as a student i had the chance to experience both the faculty side and the student side.
Pros
the experience and pay was great
Cons
there was none
A typical day at work
House Keeping (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAMay 26, 2013
My duties at pcom was to strip and buff floors make sure that physicians offices were vacumed and up to par i also had to remove and dispose of any garbage or over filled trash cans
Pros
it was an easy task
Cons
it was a temporary job
Great school and up and coming.
Clinical Administrator/Proctor (Current Employee) –  GAAugust 9, 2013
Very busty working with students, processing letters and communicating with co-worker.

Philadelphia College of Osteopathic Medicine Reviews by Location