Philadelphia Department of Public Health Employee Reviews

not a good expeirence
Interviewer and Tester (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAOctober 9, 2017
This company will never be recommended, I never took a vacation and work very diligent for them. After working for them for 4 years and never taking a vacation at the time that I resigned I had about 10 days of vacation that were pending since I only gave them a one week noticed because I had found a new position and was needed in a new position, PHMC completely kept my vacation time. Unacceptable and intolerable. To me, they are one of the worst company to work for and the hold double standards for certain individuals of color or minorities.
Cons
Bad mamagement, Thiefs, a disgrace to human kind
Philadelphia Health Department
Field Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAAugust 17, 2017
It's an great place to gain experiences in job skill , public service relationships, and stability. It is not a place for ingenuity quick advancement.
Pros
Stability
Cons
professional and personal growth
Slow paced but intensive work place
Intern (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAJuly 27, 2017
Again I worked as a intern so I do not have a typical experience that of a full-time employee. My supervisor was extremely wonderful and dedicated . But, like many other government settings the work was a bit slow paced.
Pros
Easy going culture
Cons
Limited growth
Many opportunities to learn
Data Manager (Current Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAJune 26, 2017
The amount of research projects that g on on in various departments allow new professionals to gain A LOT of experience. This is exceptionally true for new grads.
Pros
Flexible, many opportunities, benefits
Cons
Pay
Great place to work for job/life balance, can get busy at times though
Grants Fiscal Manager (Current Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAMay 3, 2017
I am currently a manager, and my time is easy going and works hard. The workplace is easy going, but just like any job you have some people that require more attention. I love working with number and this job gives me a challenge, but not much room for growth.
Very flexible and helpful staff
Intern, Tobacco Control (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAApril 13, 2017
They are very accommodating and flexible to all of their employees. The building is easy to get to and very convenient. The staff is also friendly and helpful.
Data Entry Clerk07/2012 (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAMarch 8, 2017
Good company working with different cultures. This was a summer job so i did not get to work that long with the company. However, from what i did experience it was a pretty good company.
Productive and fun workplace
Consulting Dietitian (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAAugust 10, 2016
The most satisfying part of my job was to help the underserved population and make a difference in their lives. Management and co-workers were great to work with
Fieldwork in the Division of Disease Control (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAJanuary 26, 2016
Although the facilities are a bit outdated, the office is staffed by passionate and hard working people. Definitely a good place to work for someone who cares about improving public health.
Pros
Cons
Pay
Great place to intern!
Breastfeeding Intern (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAJuly 4, 2015
This place has plenty of internship opportunities with various programs. The people are amazing and welcome you with open arms. They contribute a lot to your learning. The environment in the office is fantastic. Meetings are fun and informative. My supervisor contributed a lot to my learning while at this internship.
wonderful place to work
Epidemiologist, Intern (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAJuly 6, 2014
I honed in on my computer programming skills while at PDPH. The leadership are very patient and nurturing.
Great
Disease Screening Manager (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAApril 9, 2014
excellent co workers! had a blast, management needed TEAM training
multi cultural setting
Disease Intervention Specialist (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PANovember 11, 2013
Best place to apply communication skills and a divers working environment
Opportunity to network, educate, and collaborate with professional health and safety professionals
Health Education and Training Specialist (Current Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAOctober 11, 2013
Able to freely research information, embrace diversity, learn from a variety of health professionals including physicians, nurses, and case managers/social workers;

Work closely with staff who work behind-the-scenes of provider service organizations (accountants, program analysts, epidemiologists, clerical support);

Respect for creativity in education and teaching approaches/philosophies
good place to work
Health Education Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAAugust 7, 2012
i like it here. Things tend to move a little slow though in trem of getting things done. Still a great place to work i must say
Pros
healthcare, dental, vision
Cons
lack of funding
Productivity along with team unity make this a great place to work.
Program Associate (Current Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAJuly 11, 2012
Working with a team that is focused on learning new things and evolution of job skill set along with the importance of success provided an environment conducive of efficiency and learning. Great place to work.