Philadelphia Federal Credit Union Employee Reviews

Good
Bank Teller (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAJuly 15, 2017
Being a teller is a lot harder than anyone thinks. The day is never boring. You are always busy. The amount of people you get to meet everyday is amazing. The only down side to this job was not being able to leave work until everyone balances.
Fun
Member Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAApril 18, 2017
Fun place to work they do have fun employee appreciation events but the pay is most definitely not enough. Majority of other credit unions and banks start at a much higher rate. They do not give a raise as fairly or often as they should. And they cater to seniority. It is a pretty chill job at times but definitely not a money maker.
Pros
Events
Cons
Low pay, not many opportunities for advancement
Fun
Member Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAFebruary 28, 2017
Loved working at PFCU. The people are so fun to work with and the days go by fast! Definetly a job where you have to be on your feet alot and know what youre doing.
A Educating place to work for
Member Service Representative/ Loan Processor (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PADecember 28, 2016
I worked for PFCU for about five years and I am grateful for everything that they taught me. I started as a Teller and gradually worked my way up as a Member Service II. I handed account disputes, originated a variety of loans, handled the teller line as backup and I was capable of handling stressful situations. I learned a lot from PFCU and I gained a lot of confidence being a Member Service Rep.
Pros
Room to grow to a Degree
Cons
Raises were not as fair as they should be.
Daily Work - Heavy on Details
Teller (Current Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAOctober 29, 2015
The job keeps you busy throughout the day. You can easily get along with coworkers and employees in other department. Supportive management when approaching them about an issue. Hard to move up in the company limited positions in departments or lack of promotion positions within departments. Work load is enough to not make you bored but you need to pay attention to detail so no mistakes are made. Company is great for most people but if you want to expand or advance then it will be difficult.
Pros
Great Benefits, Supportive Management
Cons
Workload routine makes job boring at times, not able to move up when needed. Pay rate needs to be better
Productive workplace can be fun depending on location
Member Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAFebruary 19, 2014
I am a current employee and I am searching for a new job. I like working for the company because of complimentary employee events however the compensation is not suitable for someone with a family. There are no yearly bonuses given and the maximum raise per year sucks. Lastly, advancement with this company is a joke. If you are not white or actually know someone that works on the board or high up you will never advance to a position that pays something better.

Member Service Rep Platform/Teller
3 year employee
Pros
Free lunches, beautiful free Christmas party, Employee Appreciation Event
Cons
Compensation and promotions suck. Cannot raise a family comfortably here.
Its a very relaxed environment
Member Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PASeptember 28, 2013
I loved this job processing large payrolls,credit card payments,opening new accounts.
Pros
Great Place with gym
Cons
Not enough compensation
Productive place to work
Account Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAJuly 14, 2013
High volume back office that requires: quick to reprioritize daily responsibilities to meet deadlines.
Pros
Family friendly management, comp time, employee appreciation lunches
Cons
Advancement
Productive and challenging place to work
Member Service Representative II (Current Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAJuly 6, 2013
The most enjoyable part of my job was being able to help people everyday
It was a great pleasure to work for a great organization
member service rep. (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAJanuary 25, 2012
PFCU is a great place for work. You are not just a worker there. Everyone from the board of directors to entry level employees know each other well. I've always been treated well.

Want to know more about Philadelphia Federal Credit Union?

Ask a question