Philadelphia Flyers Employee Reviews

Solid Experience
Lead Cook/Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAJanuary 5, 2017
I do love who I create menus and cook for just parts of management are complicated (Management is not the Flyers, my client is). For instance, when trying to accommodate my clients vs. dealing with the anticipated ideas of immediate management.

Recently, the responsibility of creating the menus for the client has been placed with myself and my catering manager which has resulted in both clients being extremely happy. Resulting for my own position in Employee of the Month.

I do learn a lot, as you should no matter what. Whether it be things you want to replicate, or also and sometimes more importantly, things you don't.
Pros
The client I cook for is extremely high profile
Cons
Certain aspects of management
Great Place
Marketing Intern (Current Employee) –  Philadelphia, PADecember 19, 2016
It's nice coming into work where some of the best players in the NHL skate. The flyers are intense, but open to new ideas that will further the brand.
Mixed Feeling
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Philadelphia, PADecember 14, 2016
A great place to work and fast paced atmosphere but does not present much opportunity to grow. Sales Department is strictly numbers driven. Hours were way too much for the amount of money we made. Extremely under paid!! The management staff is very passionate about what they do but stay to their own circles. Most of the senior staff does not associate with the younger staff. Nice people all throughout the Flyer's organization. Definitely look into a position in ticket sales but don't do it if you don't like making 80 calls a day and having too constantly answer if you do not hit your sales goal on a daily basis.
Pros
Good co workers
Cons
Long Hours/poor pay
Fun work place where I can learn more about the game of hockey
Professional Hockey Player (Former Employee) –  Allentown, PAOctober 17, 2016
Typical work day would be coming to practice in the morning to better myself has a player and human being. Learned how to become a pro whether its working out, eating the proper nutrition, studying film to become a better player etc.
Ice Crew-Operations (Current Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAMarch 30, 2016
Environment that fostered growth and responsibility. Flexible with hours and provided all training necessary for performing the job.
Team work environment
Executive Assistant/Office Manager (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAFebruary 10, 2016
*Same as previous review. Same company.

Great working environment.
I enjoy working independently and as a team player.
Pros
Going to games
Cons
working 12-15 hour days
Fun environment with multiple opportunities
Raffle Ticket Seller (Current Employee) –  Philadelphia, PANovember 28, 2015
Great people, management, and fun environment to be a part of. Top class organization who knows how to treat employees and customers.
Marketing Internship and Ticket Sales Associate
Ticket Sales Executive (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PASeptember 1, 2015
I interned with the Philadelphia Flyers during my senior year in college. My duties included working to meet the demands of season ticket holders throughout the day and meeting face to face with them during games to build a relationship during the ups and downs a professional team can have throughout the year. After my internship I was hired in the Ticket Sales Department where we sold season tickets, game plans and individual games tickets. This consisted mostly of cold calling and any creative way to drive sales.
Awesome Internship
Marketing Intern (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAJuly 18, 2014
This internship for the Flyers has been an incredible experience. I was able to learn how the marketing for a professional sports team happens and the process it takes. I took part in meetings every week and was able to learn from people in higher positions. Working the NHL draft was one of the best experiences i had from this
Overall, it was a great environment for me to further my skills and grow as an intern.
Marketing Intern (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAJune 2, 2014
I gained valuable skills and knowledge from my intern with the Philadelphia Flyers. It was a great first internship for me and I learned first hand all of the hard work that goes into working for a professional sports team.
Publicity Assistant
Publicity Assistant (Current Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAApril 29, 2013
-Author media advisories and press releases for internal and external distribution January 2013- Present
- Oversee game-day media to promote special events and community development
- Assist in the organization and supervision of player interviews with media outlets
- Collect and clip TV and radio broadcasts that featured Flyers community events, player interviews, and photo-ops
Flyers Internship
Customer Service, Sales Internship (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAJuly 5, 2012
I would make phone calls, post ticket sales in the box office, and provide customer service at home games. My Manager was great to work with and so where all of the rest of the interns.
Graduate Intern
Fan Development (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAApril 11, 2012
Internship during grad school where I was responsible for getting fans involved in hockey games.