Philadelphia Gas Works Employee Reviews

Productive and Beneficial
Field Service Technician (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PADecember 17, 2016
I learned how to supply natural gas to homes. My typical day was dangerous but I got the job done in a nice time frame. My managers supported me when help was needed.
No comment
Call Center Representative (Current Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAOctober 16, 2016
No comment. I prefer not to give my opinion on my work history. Not applicable. No comment. My days are very busy from beginning to end.
Productive Workplace with lots of different opportunities
Intern (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAJune 6, 2016
I would come in to work everyday and either continue working on a project I was already given or I would go ask the different people in the department if they needed me to do anything. My favorite part of the job was working on capital projects for the company in a project management role. My least favorite part was waiting for a new project to do,
Philadelphia Gas Works
Director of Call Center Operations (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAMay 12, 2016
Working at the Philadelphia Gas Works for a number of years I saw the transformation of organization to a family environment to one where the organization did not care about their employees only how much of a bonus they were getting.
Pros
Ping pong and pool table, employees who were like family
Cons
upper management creating silos, not working together, lack of communication
Great Work Environment
Manager of Facilities Planning (Current Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAMay 5, 2016
PGW has a great work environment. They are also willing to teach their employees, if you are teachable, you will do well.
Pros
concerned with health, physically, socially and mentally
Productive workplace, new experiences
Intern/ Information technology Intern (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAApril 26, 2016
I was an intern while i was in highschool, i enjoyed the people the daily tasks and the challenges offered to me. the hardest part of the job was leaving once my internship ended saying goodbye to all
intern at PGW
internship (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAOctober 12, 2015
it was a summer internship my supervisors were awesome i enjoyed working in a professional field if even for a brief period of time i interned under they marketing manager for they entire company i got to meet the ceo of the xerox company it was an awesome experience. they even invited me back for another internship
Pros
great enviorment
Cons
no cons great job
fun place. high learning about job task
Compressor Operator (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAAugust 13, 2015
renewing and or replacing gas services to customers homes. learning something new everyday. likable co-workers. coming home dirty everyday sucks but the weekly pay makes up for that.
Pros
being in a different parts of the city
very friendly admosphere
Pressure Mechanic (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAMay 14, 2015
friendly co-workers very friendly managers, no weekend work very nice salary increments, all the way up to foreman, a very nice credit union that will let you borrow up to 5000 dollars no question asked and so much more I will over my limit on space here.
Pros
the best co. I ever worked for.
Cons
Office environment ostensibly in line with proto-typical standard.
Customer service Representative (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAApril 27, 2015
The shifts commence with sometimes hundreds of calls on hold from customers with typically three issues: billing, service and safety. The job teaches a successful representative to multitask, contemperaneously troubleshoot and problem solve. Managers are available for assistance, but it is primarily a job in which one is isolated from other representatives. The two difficult aspects are the seemingly endless callers and the lack of variety in matters requiring our attention, This is however offset by the camaraderie of like minded people and the ability to make a difference to our customer base.
Pros
Excellent health care, pension and overtime opportunities.
Cons
Limited opportunities for advancement.
Customer Service
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAMarch 30, 2015
The job entailed welcoming customers and assisting in all facets of gas services such as new turn on, shut off service, billing, programs available. Learned to deal with all types of people from all walks of life.
Productive always something to do.
Field Service Technician (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAFebruary 11, 2015
I started as a distribution worker digging holes and piping in new gas lines for residential and commercial properties for the city of Philadelphia,
Then found the opportunity to move up and went to work as a field service technician where i learned how to install gas meters repair gas lines inside customers house, and repair appliances (example, repair house heater, water heater and central air conditioner) replacing gas meters and responding to emergencies.
i found for the most part all of the employees where always available to assist you when needed and management was always on top of you with all of your needs.
Never had a hard time for job, for the most part was very easy.
My most enjoyable part of my job was seeing the customer face when you completed the job and the result was always outstanding and always got complemented for my work and time of my needs.
Pros
Great Benfits
Cons
hard to move up
You can take care of your responsibilities and family.
Office Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PANovember 6, 2014
Typical day, you can learn a lot, must be aggressive, help others, be an independent thinker, don't take things personal, network and join committees and be enterprised focused to contribute to company vision and mission goals. Don't join clicks, Be a good person with a great personality. Good luck!
Pros
Training, Tuition Assistance Program
Cons
Trust No One, Just Do Your Job, Be Friendly and Honest at all times... Good luck!
PGW was a good place to work at.
Field Tech/Meter reader (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia PAOctober 15, 2014
Working for Philadelphia Gas Works was good. I leaned a lot from working there.
LiHeap Rep
Liheap Rep (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAAugust 14, 2014
Good hours and good workplace. Pay was fair for the amount of work that had to be done.
Fast paced environment for maintaining good service.
Engineering Intern (Current Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAJune 13, 2014
I worked for DJ Casmirri initially in their cafeteria doing all related tasks from food prep to customer service. Eventually I would help with their catering service to help present with corporate events. I learned a lot about quick thinking management as I would have to often come up with a solution fast for problems that were proposed by clients. The hardest part was definitely how fast I would have to expedite some of the orders while maintaining their quality in a timely manner, but my coworkers and I would work efficiently as a team. Normally in such a company, I wouldn't see job security/advancement as a prospect, but near the end of my tenure, I was offered a chance as a high manager of the company with a large pay increase to essentially run part of the business on my own. I declined the position because I was offered an oppurtunity for the internship with Philadelphia Gas Works which I thought would better dignify my degree.
Pros
Free food, done at 2pm, trust from my managers/freedom with downtime. When there was overtime, the hours were long and and the pay was very good.
Cons
6am-2pm was the only shift, and it was difficult to balance with a full-time college schedule
Good Place to Work
Pressure Control Operator (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAMay 14, 2014
Company provides good benefits and work life balance. Room for advancement
productive days
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAMay 12, 2014
I answered the telephone. set up service, canceled service, set up payment arrangements, gave phone numbers to our other offices. I learned to multi-task, we used different computer programs.
Pros
you knew your hours
Cons
not alot of overtime
Forman/Distribution Inspector (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAApril 22, 2014
All hands on work both inside and outside, in all weather conditions.
Learned how to use a shovel, jack hammer and other mechanical tools, learned to work well with and communicate with co-workers and customers.
good place
o Staffing Assistant (Current Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAApril 16, 2014
good place to grow and develope experience in that field. i love this place a lot

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Philadelphia Gas Works. Our community is ready to answer.

Philadelphia Gas Works Reviews by Location