Philadelphia Insurance Companies Employee Reviews

Great benefits & fun place to work
Contact Center Representative II (Current Employee) –  Leawood, KSJuly 5, 2017
Processing payments, answering certain coverage questions, & assisting on special projects are a typical day. The workplace is great, very nice & quiet environment. The company participates in activities such as corporate challenge, the good life, & volunteering hours.
Productive Environment
Assistant Underwriter (Current Employee) –  Leawood, KSJune 28, 2017
Productive and enjoyable place to work, good opportunities, plenty of work life incentives, great location, coworker friendly and company provides a great team environment
Great Place To Work
Contract Worker - Dubin Employment (Current Employee) –  Horsham, PAJune 14, 2017
The office was close to home and the work environment was top notch and professional. The offered support when you were interested on keeping fit and the job assignment were challenging.
Best Company
Underwritten assistant (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXJune 6, 2017
I really enjoyed working for philadelphia insurance, they care so much about their employees, and very health fitness oriented.
Teamwork is a plus, management is very professional.
Draining and not challenging
Data Entry Clerk (Current Employee) –  Timonium, MDApril 29, 2017
I have been working at PHLY for almost 2.5 years and I am exhausted. The company promotes having a healthy work/life balance but managers/team leads tend to be passive-aggressively choosy when it comes to PTO. As a whole, I like the company but there is work that needs to be done to better the relationship between managers and employees.
Overall great place to work.
Business Intelligence / Reporting Analyst (Former Employee) –  PennsylvaniaMarch 19, 2017
Overall great place to work. They offer great benefits and a 401k. It's a flexible work place so you can work from home. Upper management was fun to work with.
Good Company
Commercial Line Account Executive (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, INMarch 15, 2017
I enjoyed my time here. I worked hard and was treated well. I would have been happy to stay but was relocated and that didn't turn out as planned. They pay well
nice work envirinment
Account Executive - New Business (Former Employee) –  Timonium, MDMarch 7, 2017
Enjoyed this company very much. The work life balance was great. We had set goals and were made aware of our roles. There was a lot of perks that came along with PHLY.
Strong profitable company, advancement for most limited
Regional Underwriting Manager (Current Employee) –  Bala-Cynwyd, PA 19004January 27, 2017
Good work life balance, Limited advancement for most. A great place to work if you are a great salesman.Strong Job security. Profitable portfolio of business with disciplined underwriting approach.
A great place to work.
Accounts Receivable Representative II (Former Employee) –  Bala-Cynwyd, PAJanuary 6, 2017
Working at Philadelphia Insurance was a pleasurable experience. I learned a lot and worked from home. Everyone worked as a team to meet the monthly goals. The hardest part of the job was reconciling accounts with major problems that sometimes took more than 24 hours to resolve. My job was to keep the customer satisfied. A typical day was being on the phone with a customer resolving issues with their premiums and making sure that their premium was paid to avoid cancellation of their policies. The most enjoyable part of the job was working from home.
Pros
fitness incentive - workout at lunch and earned an extra 15 minutes for lunch.
Good Pay, Good Benefits
Producer Licensing Intern (Former Employee) –  Bala-Cynwyd, PADecember 18, 2016
Was paid $12/hr as an intern. Received free lunches/breakfasts.

They allow you to extend your lunch if you are interested in using their free gym.
Paid volunteer days.

Great coworkers
Pros
Pay, Perks, Time Off
Cons
Lack of Women in any Management positions
Claims Assistant, Contract (Current Employee) –  PennsylvaniaNovember 17, 2016
Started working her as a temp and the workers and Bosses were friendly. I loved doing my job, didn't expect to be a temp for company so long. Always had work to do and task to be completed.
Pros
Great company
Cons
Have temps there for too long
Great Place to Learn Insurance
Contact Center Representative II (Current Employee) –  Bala-Cynwyd, PAOctober 13, 2016
This is a great company to learn the basics of indemnity insurance. This is a great place to start your career, but not necessarily advance. The advancement opportunities are limited and the compensation is below the industry average.
Good Company, Good Benefits
Senior Account Executive (Current Employee) –  Naperville, ILOctober 7, 2016
Good Company, Good Benefits, but no room to move up in my current department. Not enough employees to handle the volume of business.
Is is a very good place to work.
Assistant Underwriter 1 - CORE (Current Employee) –  Leawood, KSAugust 22, 2016
Run Reports to begin work day. Handle Rushes and quotes.
Meet SOP.
I have learned a lot in the commercial side of the Insurance Field.
Management is a typical Corporate way of management , which I understand and respect.
Co-Workers were helpful and a pleasure to work with.
The Hardest part of the Job, would be understanding all the systems they use.
My most enjoyable is learning and mastering the systems.
Pros
Good Benefits
Cons
May need to relocate Back to KS
overall decent place
Asst. Vice President (Former Employee) –  PennsylvaniaJuly 1, 2016
Great benefits and compensation, good work life balance; management is debatable depending on the department you work in
Pros
Great benefits and compensation, good work life balance;
Cons
management/leadership is debatable depending on the department you work in
Work/Life Balance is Important
Underwriter Assistant (Current Employee) –  PennsylvaniaMarch 4, 2016
While the salary may not be desirable there are other perks and benefits that may make the playing field balanced.

The company pays for training and INS exams.

The company strives to educate their employees and thrives on promotions.
Benefits
Cons
Salary
Very pleasant atmosphere.
Underwriter Assistant-Temp (Current Employee) –  Lawrenceville, NJFebruary 11, 2016
Days may vary.....some days is more laid back than others. Everyone here is a team player. Coming from a mortgage background I have learned a lot about Surety. The team here made me feel comfortable with asking questions and reassured me that NO QUESTION IS A DUMB QUESTION!!!!
Pros
Volunteer Work
Cons
We get so busy somedays a lunch break is impossible.
Good Company
Intern (Former Employee) –  Timonium, MDJanuary 17, 2016
Employees were treated well. There was room for advancement however there was some turn over in the sales department. I would recommend working here to others.
Internship
Marketing Representative (Former Employee) –  Kansas City, MODecember 21, 2015
Worked as Marketing Trainee under the Summer Associate Program. Under my supervisor I worked on cold calls, in the field visits, and organization of building my book of business.
Some of the other interns and myself at the field office in Leawood, KS put together fundraising events within a month to reach a goal of 3,000$. At the end of the month my group was able to raise a total of 6,200$.
The main part of the program was working with a team and putting a product together that the company could start writing. Put together a 30 minute presentation to present to the department heads back at Philadelphia. My group were the winners and got recognition throughout the whole organization. Truly a fantastic and knowledgeable experience.
Pros
Business Expense Trips, Life-long professional businesses

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Philadelphia Insurance Companies. Our community is ready to answer.