PHILADELPHIA INSURANCE COMPANIES

PHILADELPHIA INSURANCE COMPANIES United States Employee Reviews

Good Company
Claims Examiner/Adjuster (Former Employee), Bala-Cynwyd, PAApril 2, 2015
Pros: provides education opportunities
Cons: usual close environment office cons
My agreement with Philadelphia Insurance company prohibits me from disc using the office details. However, it was a nice working environment and nice people to work with. High volume of claims and changes.
The good old boys club!
Senior Account Executive II (Former Employee), Tigard, OregonFebruary 23, 2015
Pros: good benefits and well developed products
Cons: lousy management and no room for advancement
This company has tremendous products to sell but a different way of doing so. Too long to explain but it is not customer friendly and if you are not one of the chosen people then you will feel the worst of it. In short, you will be doing all the work while someone else gets all the pay. It was once a better company but was bought out by a foreign company everything went south! Management all received their millions in the stock then stopped caring. No room for advancement unless you are a nice looking young lady either so if you are over 30 or so, don't apply as you will just be a slave. This company has GREEDY salespeople and management who hide in offices and make big money. Stay away unless you want to be a grunt for a poorly run company who hordes their money for the chosen few.
• 9+ years of Professional Experience in developing, handling and testing Informatica mappings and workflows and Data Warehousing Development using
informatica developer (Current Employee), PAFebruary 20, 2015
Pros: team lead
Cons: insurance
• Involved in creating source target mappings based on the Technical Design requirements.
• Worked on Informatica - Source Analyzer, Target Designer, Mapping Designer and Transformation Developer.
• Created mappings for applying appropriate business rules
• Development, Maintenance and Enhancement of ETL Interfaces.
• Bug fix – Quick fix and long-term solution in confirmation with onsite
• Created sessions and workflows to run the mappings and also scheduling workflows by using parameters.
• Developed ETL BI test plans based on test strategy, Created and executed test cases and test scripts based on test strategy and test plans based on ETL Mapping document.
• Involved in developing test cases to test.
• Developed unit test cases, configured environments and prepared test data for testing.
• Written test cases and completed unit test documentation.
• Created test cases to make sure the data originating from source is making into target properly in the right format.
• Tested several data migration application for security, data protection and data corruption during transfer
• Responsible for testing all new and existing ETL data warehouse components.
Slave driven anxiety ridden overworked and underpaid
Senior Account Executive - Account Management Team (Current Employee), West Bridgewater, MAFebruary 5, 2015
Pros: great benefits
Cons: always adding more - lack of training - no room for advancement - idiodic hr dept
If someone is saying that PHLY is a wonderful place to work where the workload is fair, the pay is good and the management do a great job at being leaders - they are lying. This is the most dysfunctional, miserable and corrupt place I have ever worked. A complete boys club. Underpaid and overworked is an understatement! Harassment goes unnoticed and everyone is either stressed to the point of psychotherapy or medication. They fire people left and right for no justified reason. People hide in corners of the office and discuss in hushed whispers how overworked and unhappy they are there. Everyone is petrified of retaliation and are just trying to get out of there as quickly as possible. You are expected to answer 200+ emails/day and are forced to be overworked with no back up or assistance and if you express any concern about the workload you are penalized for it. HR is a total wreck and there is absolutely no follow through. They hire people including managers with NO insurance experience. You cant respond promptly to agents or customers becuase everything has to reviewed by someone so there is no authority to make decisions - even though there is an emphasis to take the reins and you are then blamed for it. No work/life balance unless you suck up to management and use your freetime to do things to boost up PHLY. Worst mistake I ever made coming to work here. They make the website look like its a great place to be and that people are happy and they promote flexible work hours, but is not the case. Once they trick you into working here everything is taken away.
Productive, Educational and fun workplace with dress down as as Eagles Fan.
Assistant Underwriter II (Former Employee), Philadelphia, PAJanuary 30, 2015
Pros: quarterly luncheons, dress down friday's & free breakfast
Cons: short breaks
Good Company to work for. Your work load is found on your desktop so therefore you know what's a priority or not. Working hard for your department and company is recognized by upper management. What I enjoyed about working as a Underwriting Assistant is working on my own.
New job
Marketing Intern (Current Employee), Timonium, MDJanuary 12, 2015
So far, so good. Management and my co-workers are great. Since I have just started a week ago, I do not have many things to really say about the company.
Fast paced & low structued environment
Regional Sales Manager (Former Employee), Birmingham, ALNovember 5, 2014
I enjoyed my time at this company. I know my contributions made will help me continue on with my career.
Good volunteer culture with interesting insurance products. Not competitive with employee pay or benefits.
Account Executive (Current Employee), Highlands Ranch, COOctober 5, 2014
Fast paced and high volume niche market insurer specializing in non-profit, habitational, outdoor, and professional lines insurance. Friendly environment. Develop insurance plans for interesting and out of the ordinary businesses. Being a niche market, the appetite is inconsistent and often uncompetitive.
Good Place to work
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), PAJune 19, 2014
Pros: competative salary, treated employess fairly
Cons: high turnover due to lack of positons.
I enjoyed the environment at Philadelphia Insurance Companies. It provided a standard that help it employess as well as the clients.
Great Place to work
Account Executive (Current Employee), Orlando, FLMay 31, 2014
Cons: commute
Opportunity to grow, great environment, high-paced position, multitasking a must!
Professional environment where I've learned many valuable skills
Senior Account Executive (Current Employee), Austin, TXMay 31, 2014
This is a fast paced career where I've learned a lot of valuable insurance skills and information. I've also grown as a professional.
n/a
Contact Center Billing Coordinator (Current Employee), PAMay 27, 2014
Pros: n/a
Cons: n/a
I love philadelphia insurance companies i believe they really do have their employees best interest
Small office, nice people
Marketing (Former Employee), Amherst, NYMarch 20, 2014
Wasnt with the company long, but everyone was extremely professional. Intense work environment.
Sit at your desk all day with minimal interaction with people.
Assistant Underwriter (Current Employee), Philadelphia, PAFebruary 5, 2014
Pros: benifits, understanding the business of insurance.
Cons: training
Get to work and punch time card and barely leave the desk and co workers will inform management if you happen to use the restroom more than twice. On the job learning with little guidance. Constantly change work flow and guidelines. The hardest part of my job is the lack of human interaction and lack of movement from my desk.
Commercial Claims
COMMERCIAL AUTO ADJUSTER (Former Employee), Philadelphia, PAJanuary 6, 2014
The claims was very easy to work. Small work environment of adjusters.
Organized and open work enviroment
Underwriter (Internship) (Current Employee), Lawerenceville, New JerseyDecember 17, 2013
Pros: friday breakfast, holiday bonues
Cons: compensation issues sometimes, to much down time
I handle any tasks from data filing to more specific projects in relation to bonds being written to companies while working under strict guidelines and the supervision of a superior. I am learning new aspects of programs I had some experience prior such as Microsoft Excel/Outlook as well as some database familiarity I wasn't familiar with prior. My co workers are all very knowledgeable in their respective fields and positions while remaining a friendly relationship throughout the department. The hardest part was adjusting to various workloads while the most enjoyable access was the people and work I handled.
good benefits
Assistant Underwriter I (Former Employee), Independence, MONovember 6, 2013
good benefits, but don't get paid enough.
Will pay for continuing education services but have to get a B
Great First Job
Underwriter (Current Employee), Philadelphia, PASeptember 23, 2013
I graduated from college like most, with no idea what I wanted to actually do with my business degree. Philadelphia provides an extensive benefits compensation package coupled with a very friendly and knowledgeable staff and management. That being said, you really have to love insurance to love this company. Philadelphia has a bit of factory quality to it, and the offices are very dry and dull. I think if you want to get some hands on work experience, and possibly think about a career in insurance, this place is great.
This job was ok
Assistant Underwriter (Former Employee), Independence, MOSeptember 19, 2013
I issued new business, renewals & endorsements for commercial insurance.
One of the best internships I've had
Summer Associate in Underwriting (Former Employee), Philadelphia, PASeptember 7, 2013
Pros: great gym, plenty of benefits, opportunites for service, open door policy for executives
Cons: low salaries
Philadelphia Insurance Companies has a great family culture. It's all about it's employees and catering towards their experience with the company. As an intern, we were given the opportunity to excel. Every intern was given a manager and mentor to guide them through their daily assignments as well as giving them advise for their future. All employees were super friendly and willing to help. The interns were also giving the opportunity to work in a group to solve a company challenge. The ideas were then presented to the executives of the company.

About PHILADELPHIA INSURANCE COMPANIES

Philadelphia Insurance Companies is a specialty niche financial services company comprised of 4 insurance companies, 2 captive – Read more

PHILADELPHIA INSURANCE COMPANIES Salaries