Philadelphia Macaroni Company is looking for a Planner/Scheduler who is eager to join a company that they want to grow with! This position is located in our Grand Forks, ND manufacturing facility.
The Planner/Scheduler is responsible for supporting company delivery and inventory objectives through timely procurement of raw materials & packaging, timely scheduling and release that supports production capacity constraints and customer delivery expectations, and regular monitoring of open order status to identify potential delivery risks and recommend countermeasures. Provides and maintains a daily production schedule, as well as develop and maintain the necessary spreadsheets to allow proper forecasting, inventories and scheduling.
- Monitors short and long term material requirements needs, develops and implements effective plans to assure material availability using MAS200 to manage.
- Controls the opening and closing of manufacturing jobs for the manufacturing floor and coordinates schedules with area supervisors.
- Controls the flow of material from the supplier and on thenon-conforming material (return and identify replacement).
- Immediately communicates product revision changes to supplier.
- Responsible for making what, when and how much decisions regarding material procurement and production.
- Monitors vendor on time delivery performance and escalates as necessary to Plant Services manager if chronic delivery issues are identified.
- Monitors vendor quality levels and escalates as necessary to Plant Services manager if chronic delivery issues are identified.
- Initiates actions as necessary for the participation of Maintenance, Manufacturing and Quality Assurance to resolve day to day vendor concerns.
- Active role in maintaining inventories at minimal levels.
Engaged with supervisors & managers in decreasing or adjusting stock quantities as appropriate.
- Daily expediting to ensure high service levels to our customers.
- Takes a proactive role in continuous improvement of the Inventory System.
Additional Duties include:
- Provide support for manufacturing and continuous improvement initiatives, companywide.
- Reporting, special assignments or projects as needed and assigned.
- Highly organized-demonstrates strong organizational and planning skills.
- 3+ years’ experience in a manufacturing environment, preferably in a materials role.
- Working knowledge of Material Requirements Planning and Supply Chain techniques.
- Intermediate computer skills including Microsoft Office
- MinimumHigh SchoolGraduate
- Preferred Associates Degree with focus in Business disciplines
- Highly desired 4 year degree in Technical, Operations or Supply Chain Management
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Occasionally exposed to outside weather conditions; work near moving parts and vibration.
- Noise level in the work environment is usually moderate but could be loud if out in the manufacturing or production areas.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced manufacturing environment
Our company offers competitive benefits including vacation, paid holidays, 401(k), health and dental insurance.