Philadelphia University Employee Reviews in United States

Productive and self-descipline
Studio Aide (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAJuly 18, 2016
I arrived work and started go through the things I needed to do. Organizing the resources, cleaning each machine, sweep the floor, etc. Sometimes I get to copy the documents for my supervisor. I was the only one who worked there during the summer, so I did not have a co-worker. The management was great, it is a very great school with amazing people running the departments. The hardest part of my job was cleaning all the machines, really time-consuming. The enjoyable part was that I was allowed to take some fabrics home and create some clothing out of them.
Enjoyed every minute of it
Assistant Baseball Coach (Current Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAJune 8, 2016
I was fortunate enough to coach with 6 other knowledgeable coaches who helped me break through every day challenges. I learned about coaching and baseball playing knowledge every day I went into work. The most challenging part of the job was finding ways to win with such a young group of players. The most enjoyable part was working with each player and helping them grow as a player and a young man. We came in second place in our conference. This was the first time in over 20 years we had made it passed the first round of playoffs.
Pros
Being around everybody
Cons
Long days
Productive and ethical
Teacher assistance (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAApril 24, 2016
I worked at PhilaU for 10 months as a teacher assistant. It was a great experience and I did enjoy it. I learned many laboratory techniques and helped students learned them. The hardest part of the job was maintaing safety during experiments as there were many freshmen students that did not show any responsibilities when working on an experiment.
fine
Physician Assistant Tutor (Current Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAMarch 28, 2016
I worked at this position for over a year. It was a useful position to make extra money on the side, and I also learned a lot along the way because I had to refresh my memory on information I was reviewing with students.
Work Study Student Employee
Work Study Student (Current Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAFebruary 29, 2016
I worked in one of the kitchens doing mostly food preparation and cleaning. I made salads and worked the grill when needed.
Great Workplace, Great benefits if you can use them
Physical Plant - Grounds Management (Current Employee) –  Philadelphia, PASeptember 17, 2015
Working at Philadelphia University can provide a plethora of great benefits to those able to take advantage of them. Employees get free tuition for graduate or undergrad classes and dependents get free undergrad tuition. The retirement match is exceptional and health benefits are very reasonable.

Overall I would recommend this workplace
fast paced work place and great coworkers
Gallagher Fitness Center Manager (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAAugust 21, 2015
loved the early morning shifts, being able to talk to families and friends as they came in for sporting events. Loved learning about anatomy and physiology. was able to connect things I was learning in school to the job and apply it.
Pros
early morning shifts
Cons
work study pay
great staff
Adjunct Professor, Physician Assistant Program (Current Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAJuly 10, 2015
love teaching the students
great co-workers
great place to work with a family
beautiful campus and great location
great way to keep up skills
Very Helpful for Student Aids
Laboratory Technician (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAMay 14, 2015
The work environment was very promising for college students to get into the work force and have hands on experience. We created our own schedules and worked what hours we needed in order to make our projects complete with our own study schedule.
Innovative Work Environment
Act! Earth Honeywell Intern (Current Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAMay 13, 2015
The staff is very innovative, creative and sustainable. There is a good work-life balance. Very friendly and inspiring colleagues!
I work as a tutor for my peers
Research Assistant (Current Employee) –  Philadelphia PAApril 26, 2015
The job I have as a tutor is twofold. I have office hours where people are able to drop in for math assistance. In addition, I assist with the Mathematics lab for undergraduate students. I am qualifies to tutor in all levels of math and physics that my university provides and am the only one at this level.
Energetic environment with a motivating staff
Work Study (Current Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAFebruary 27, 2015
This position at Philadelphia University has mainly taught me about responsibility and organization. The hardest part of the job is understanding that what I am doing is an important part to the University. I believe the staff is the most enjoyable part of the job because day in and day out they maintain a smile on their faces and it makes the job that much easier.
.. (Current Employee) –  ..February 7, 2015
..cndsukhvbiuekfbuakjshfnk

cndlfnieksfnvukdsjfniakjdnd
ndcskdjfhndksjfndj
ncds
ndfis
njcds dnfajksg nkusahvia ncsdkahfnus ncdkshfnuksj njskdhfuksjdhf nfjksdfhos
Its teaching
Adjunct Faculty (Current Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAJanuary 8, 2015
Its an adjunct teaching position what more can one say. Its ok but I feel like the school is very out of touch with the realities of current working world.
Fun and Quick Paced Work Environment
Painter/Utility/Groundskeeper, Physical Plant (Current Employee) –  Philadelphia, PANovember 20, 2014
I learned how to balance multiple tasks at the same time. Worked well with the waitresses, dishwashers, bartenders, cooks and hostesses. I learned customer service skills and how to be friendly and outgoing with the customers when they needed some basic needs that I can do and does not involve a waitress
Good University
Coach / Lead Recruiter (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAAugust 21, 2014
Everything at the University is top notch and it is a great environment to attend college.
Great place!
Security Intern, Dispatcher (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAAugust 1, 2014
I absolutely love Philadelphia University. The managers are awesome. The work schedule is very flexible. Throughout my intern days i learned a lot from patrolling, dispatching, CCTV and computer programing. I would recommend this place without a doubt.
Pros
everything
Cons
distance from my house
Productive and fun workplace
Development and Alumni Relations (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAJune 30, 2014
Typical day would be calling alumni and asking for donations. I learned a lot about telemarketing but it was a very hard task sometimes.
Pros
bonuses, schedule around school
Cons
sometimes difficult
Educational and enjoyable place to work
Executive Administrative Assistant (Current Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAMay 31, 2014
Creating emails and reports
Application entry
Great management team
Fun loving and outgoing personalities
Interactions and assisting potential students
Pros
time off
Good hospital
Civic Engagement Leader (Current Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAMay 5, 2014
Had a great time volunteering here in 12'-13'. It was great helping visitors find their way throughout the hospital and helping patients with their needs.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Philadelphia University. Our community is ready to answer.

4.3