Philadelphia University

Philadelphia University Employer Reviews

Great place!
Security Intern, Dispatcher (Former Employee), Philadelphia, PAAugust 1, 2014
Pros: everything
Cons: distance from my house
I absolutely love Philadelphia University. The managers are awesome. The work schedule is very flexible. Throughout my intern days i learned a lot from patrolling, dispatching, CCTV and computer programing. I would recommend this place without a doubt.
Productive and fun workplace
Development and Alumni Relations (Former Employee), Philadelphia, PAJune 30, 2014
Pros: bonuses, schedule around school
Cons: sometimes difficult
Typical day would be calling alumni and asking for donations. I learned a lot about telemarketing but it was a very hard task sometimes.
Educational and enjoyable place to work
Executive Administrative Assistant (Current Employee), Philadelphia, PAMay 31, 2014
Pros: time off
Creating emails and reports
Application entry
Great management team
Fun loving and outgoing personalities
Interactions and assisting potential students
Good hospital
Civic Engagement Leader (Current Employee), Philadelphia, PAMay 5, 2014
Had a great time volunteering here in 12'-13'. It was great helping visitors find their way throughout the hospital and helping patients with their needs.
excellent experience
Director of the President's Office (Former Employee), Philadelphia, PAApril 28, 2014
A typical day consists of updating staffing, payroll, Tech scheduling, schedule exchanges, process new hires, schedule meetings, order food for meetings and special occasions, paperwork, tuition reimbursement and whatever comes my way. I learned how to be a hard-worker person , i loved my co-workers are very good to cooperate with,they were great people – more... we were like a family together.

The hardest part of the job is the lack of leadership and game playing amongst employees. – less
Fun place to work.
Food server (Current Employee), Philadelphia, PAMarch 17, 2014
Pros: free lunches
Cons: short breaks
I learned a lot. Yay Philadelphia U. It is a cool place to meet new people since it was a college environment
fun workplace
Chef (Former Employee), Philadelphia, PAJanuary 14, 2014
i like how it is interactive with the customers. The workplace is fun and hands on...alot of opportunity for advancement.
Incredible co-workers in a diverse and busy environment
Gallagher Fitness Center Manager (Current Employee), Philadelphia, PAJanuary 5, 2014
Pros: networking, some pay, recognition
Cons: work/study schedule, not enough money
A typical day at work included swiping people into the gym and handing out equipment. However, a typical weekend at work included shaking hands with local celebrities as they entered with the news for basketball games, networking with business owners and knowledgeable people, meeting new parents and students as they toured the facilities for the first – more... time, and hanging out with some of the the coolest co-workers ever known.
I also was the person who designed and updated the website for the fitness center on the school website and it was always fun doing research on fitness and coming up with designs and layouts to catch people's eye. – less
Fast-paced and fun!
Sports Information Assistant (Current Employee), Philadelphia, PADecember 23, 2013
Pros: best seat at the game! always center of everything.
Cons: low pay
My job is to provide statistics for high energy and fast paced collegiate games at Philadelphia University with the opportunity to do stats for neighboring universities. I love the fast paced energy of the job. As an inputter, I have the responsibility of typing various numbers and letters into a computer program which then translates those into stats – more... for the players. The 20 minute halves of basketball can either feel like 5 minutes or an hour depending on the intensity and the amount I have to input into the computer. The job is always different in a sense and the energy of a sports gym is incredible. I couldn't imagine a better job. I could imagine a better paycheck. – less
The work environment was wonderful, only reason for departure were personal reasons.
Communications Dispatcher (Current Employee), Philadelphia, PANovember 11, 2013
Pros: longevity, home-like environment, and job security.
Cons: policies and procedures
I enjoyed my my job mostly due to the student interaction, the nurturing atmosphere and being able to provide safe campus life. I learned lots of different aspects of security and how to manage an entire campus of co-workers, and students. My co-workers made the work hours easy because of the comradery in the work place. Most difficult time was the – more... seasonal weather and graduation season because of safty issues, for the most part i enjoyed my days at philadelphia university. – less
Small University in East Falls, Pennsylvania
Administrative Assistant, Safety and Security (Former Employee), Philadelphia, PASeptember 20, 2013
I worked in the Department of Safety and Security. The Director, Associate Director and Communications Supervisor are the greatest group I've had the pleasure of working with. The Communications and Patrol Officers are also fantastic men and women, making each day a pleasure to come to work!
A good platform to meet people from different cultures; improved my sense of gratitude for everything I have
Administrative Asst, Int'l Student Programs & DSO (Former Employee), Philadelphia, PAAugust 22, 2013
Pros: meet students and teachers from different cultures.
A friendly atmosphere where I learned to be proactive and organized.
Nice Place
Asst. Librarian (Former Employee), Philadelphia, PAJuly 18, 2013
Sine I worked for financial aid, I had a minimum wage pay which I didn't think was bad at the time until I couldnt find another job and got my hours cut.
yes i had good times.
Admissions Office Assistant (Former Employee), Philadelphia, PAApril 2, 2013
Pros: had lunch with a co-worker had taken me out once in awhile
Cons: had two 15 minutes break
telling students that they were accepted into the school, but some where not and they were very disappointed. co-workers where nice and had good times there.
Mail Services Clerk
Mail Services Clerk (Current Employee), Philadelphia, PAApril 1, 2013
• Receive incoming packages and record pertinent details
• Retrieve packages for pick up by recipients
• Assist customers with mailing information and postage
Productive and fun environment
Student Print Design Assistant (Former Employee), Philadelphia, PANovember 9, 2012
Philadelphia University is a private university located in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania.

Philadelphia University has an amazing Textile Design program with creative students who pride themselves in their comradery, uniqueness, and ability to execute designs flawlessly.
Great Job
Teacher's Assistant/ Lab Prep (Former Employee), Philadelphia, PAOctober 23, 2012
I was able to set my own hours which was great since I went to school full time and worked another job. The pay was very decent as well.
Not too Shabby
Resident Assistant (Current Employee), Philadelphia, PAOctober 18, 2012
Free room and board in return for enforcing policies and planning programs. Great people to work with, but often gets overwhelming when tensions get high. The best part is the relationships that are built within the Residence Live community.
Minimum hours for minimum wage
CAD Lab Assistant, Fashion Design (Former Employee), Philadelphia, PAOctober 9, 2012
Pros: easy work
Cons: disgusting at times, not utilizing my full potential
I sign in and say hello. Then, i go into the fashion sewing studios and sweep. While i am sweeping i clean up under the tables. Usually there are a few half full bottles and cups of coffee and water, so i have to dump those in the trash, plus i have to get rid of scraps of fabric and pattern paper. Rarely, i get little projects and things to do during – more... the day. Previously i just sat in the CAD lab and helped students with adobe Photoshop and Illustrator, but there are rarely many students with questions for me to help them, but i got the same pay as i do now. – less
Productive and fun place to work
Assistant to the Coordinator of the Fashion Merch (Former Employee), Philadelphia, PAAugust 1, 2012
Productive and fun place to work. Developed and enhanced my organizational skills.