Philadelphia Zoo Employee Reviews

I was an intern
Zoo Intern (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAOctober 19, 2017
I love, loved my internship, but I'm not sure about the benefits or typical workweek of a normal employee. Would have considered a job if I didn't live too far away
Great
Animal Care Intern (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PASeptember 19, 2017
I enjoyed working at the Philly Zoo. Every person there is so friendly and they all make an effort to build a great team atmosphere there. I loved it.
Unbelievably Wrong
Parking Attendant (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PASeptember 12, 2017
Guest Said They Paid Me For Parking Which They Didn't And I Was Fired With No Further Investigation Or Proof That Any Of This Happen I Have Kids And I Was Just Fired With Nothing No Explanation Nothing Removed Me And Blocked Me Afterwards Don't Call Me Back
Pros
U dont even see the animals u work in the parking lot
Cons
Hot as ever you be in any kind of weather
great place to learn
Seasonal Education Interpreter (Current Employee) –  Philadelphia, PASeptember 5, 2017
amazing environment with people who smile and say goodmorning and have a good day when they actually mean it.

the management is great and with the knowledge comes great friends that want to learn with you.
Philadelphia Zoo was a fun and exciting place to work.
Utility Worker (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAJune 23, 2017
Productive busy day at work. I learned that having patience with working around a lot of people. Management was helpful and gave good insight.The hardest part of the job was to work around large groups of kids coming for school trips and still getting my job done.The most enjoyable part was I was able to work and see the animals all at once.
Pros
get to see the animals all the time
Cons
short lunch break
Great place
Engineering Intern/Events Staff (Current Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAJune 17, 2017
The Philadelphia Zoo offers a wide range of learning opportunities and fun activities for those interested in the animal kingdom. The faculty is friendly and are always willing to help.
a positive & fun environment where people are pleased.
food service & utility (Current Employee) –  Philadelphia, paMay 14, 2017
A typical day at work for me starts off with ambition and motivation before i get to work the rest of the day it is about being positive,having good customer service, being polite, and working hard. management to me is dealing with everything accordingly so there is order.in a work place especially with and food service you cater to different ethnic groups of people. the hardest part of the job is when its really busy the most enjoyable part of the job would be meeting new people working as a team with co workers and learning new things.
Pros
free lunch
Cons
short breaks
Philadelphia Zoo
Attractions Attendant (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAMay 13, 2017
The work day was mostly busy but i love it cause it was never boring . Nice people to work around and an all around good experience. The best part about the job was being surrounded by the animals
Go for the animals, dont go to work
Grounds Crew (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAApril 3, 2017
Management left a lot to be desired in my department, the workers even more so. Th conditions were poor. It was just not a good time at all. Pay was terrible.
zoo life
Learning and Engagement Specialist (Current Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAMarch 14, 2017
I enjoy most aspects of this job. There is a great focus on animal well being and positive guest experience. The Zoo's mission is embedded in every area and department.
my working experience at the zoo was interesting.
Cashier/Baker (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAMarch 10, 2017
I worked at the Philadelphia pretzel factory located in the Philadelphia zoo pavilion area. Working at the zoo was interesting seeing the animals everyday. You must be quick and efficient with customer service, while handling large crowds of children. Kids can be unruly customers.
Pros
Free pretzels and beverages
Cons
No breaks
an amazing work envirnment
Spt (Current Employee) –  3400 w girard ave 19103January 23, 2017
it is truly an amazing place to be and to work, I recommend this for anyone. They offer many different opportunities and offer great rewards and trainings to add to build your resume to keep you successful. The pay is also good and they offer benefits.
Pros
benefits, training
Cons
short breaks
Friendly place to work
Volunteer (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAJanuary 17, 2017
I was there for a brief period time but I have no complaints. Well I was a volunteer for the summer, but some of the veteran volunteer were very snobbish.
Pros
discount on food
Cons
outside in the heat, high priced food, snobby employees
Fun first job
Gift Shop Cashier (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PANovember 26, 2016
Meet new people daily in a fast past environment. Management treated all employees like family. Great benefits for employees and their families.
Pros
Discounts for all employees at other parks and flexible hours
Cons
Not much overtime
Lack of Communication
Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAOctober 28, 2016
the communication level was beyond unorganized and very unprofessional. besides that they were always late with scheduling and never had it up on time.
Great co-workers
Call Center Representative (Current Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAAugust 26, 2016
The most enjoyable part of my job is helping assist guest and my co-workers. I would like more opportunity for advancement and I feel like since I have been employed with the same company for over 10 years I should be compensated more.
Pros
Scenic and good benefits.
Cons
Low compensation.
productive, fun and relaxing
Guest Relations (Current Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAAugust 14, 2016
A typical day at work is a very busy day. I learned very good customer service skills. Management was great as my co workers. The hardest part of my job was that I hated to leave. The most enjoyable part was that it was my second home. My job was enjoyable and I loved working with the people
Pros
advancement
Cons
I could not roll over my vacation days
Fast paced park with lots of large animals
Groundskeeper/Maintenance (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAJune 28, 2016
Working at the Philadelphia zoo was an experience of a lifetime not only for the diffrent ethnic cultures but for the knowledge of diffrent animals as well.
Pros
Getting to meet people from around the world.
Cons
Working with people and animals is lots of fun as long as it isnt hot outside.
Great Job for High School Students
Junior Zoo Apprentice Program Peer Advisor/Mentor (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAJune 26, 2016
Provide great work experience for high school students who are interested in working with inner city youth or with animals or both. Staff is great to work with.
it was an interesting job
tour guide, customer service (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAJune 4, 2016
it was mostly hot, your in the sun for most of the day. you weren't able to sit down and you had short breaks. But overall it was an interesting job and I enjoyed it.