Philadelphia Zoo

Philadelphia Zoo Employer Reviews

love the zoo
Supervisor of Cashier, Call Center Representative (Former Employee), Philadelphia, PAFebruary 8, 2014
I loved going to this zoo as a kid, and I still go to this day. They have so many different animals and different attractions that the entire family can do. Between the wild peacocks walking freely around the zoo, there are hot air balloon rides, a thorough gift shop, virtual safari tours, and many many more exhibits. I recommend going on a sunny warm – more... day, that way you and the family can see everything! Enjoy – less
Greet place to enjoy yourself
Parking/Attractions attendant (Former Employee), Philadelphia, PAOctober 5, 2013
Pros: greet co-workers, face-to-face interaction
Cons: seasonal
Everyday was interesting... Always seen some of the same satisfied customers...Customer needs were always put first
Fun work place
Cashier/Guest Relations Associate (Seasonal) (Current Employee), Philadelphia, PASeptember 28, 2013
Pros: the people i work with, the different animals i see, the atmosphere.
Cons: no benefits, seasonal job, no room for growth, lousy pay.
I love where i work the atmosphere and the people that come into my job. I get to see different animals everyday and different types of people from cultures and races. I don't like that there is no room for advancement. The pay could be better. I think its time for me to go somewhere where I can grow.
Fun, up beat, excellent staff, good supervisors
Housekeeper (Former Employee), Philadelphia, PASeptember 26, 2013
typical day includes, sanitizing restrooms replinish toiletries, clean animal exhibits, some groundskeeping, clean offices, vacuumed carpeting. Management was helpful and caring. The hardest part of the job was walking all day. Enjoyable part was looking at the animals.
Zoo
Sales Representative (Current Employee), Philadelphia, PAAugust 5, 2013
Its a great place to work, just not enough hours. I would like it more if it wasn't a seasonal job
A very busy and, fun place to work.
Public Safety Officer (Full-Time) (Former Employee), Philadelphia, PAAugust 3, 2013
Performed various duties from crowed control to First-Aid. Gained valuable customer service skills. Management was strict but well organized. co-workers were friendly and just as helpful to me as they were to visitors. The job involved plenty of responsibilities and, being directed via radio sometimes pretty often. That proved to be the most challenging – more... part.The best part is that it didn't always feel as if I were working, but instead a visitor. – less
Scenic and unusual experience
Animal Attendant (Former Employee), Philadelphia, PAMay 19, 2013
Camels, draft and miniature horses were used to give rides to visitors of the Philadelphia Zoo. A typical day would involve cleaning out the animal stalls and feeding. During the afternoon it would be required to handle ticketing for the attraction and leading the animals during rides.
Great job
Admissions Supervisor (Former Employee), Philadelphia, PAMay 14, 2013
Pros: fun place to work at
Cons: traveling long distance in a given notice
I loved this job. I started off as a cashier and moved up to a Supervisor within a month. A typical day of work was me walking around the different animal attractions to make sure that the cashier working the booths were ok. I was in charge of a group of people but most of them were elderly. I learned what it took to be in a leadership position. The – more... management was great. They really helped shape me into the best possible leader. My co-workers were great. We all got along great. The hardest part of my job was traveling from far to one location to another location. The most enjoyable part was being in charge of a great group of people. – less
Loved the area of work an my management team.
Cashier (Former Employee), Philadelphia, PAApril 26, 2013
Pros: helping others
Cons: my position was seasonal would of like it to be a permanent postion
My Day At Work Was Pleasant And Wonderful and fun.
I Learned How To Get Along With Different People.
I loved my management team an the constructive criticism.
MY Co Workers Were Very Nice To Me And Help Me Out A Lot.
best place to work
Public Safety Officer (Former Employee), Philadelphia, PAMarch 21, 2013
The job is so fun working with small children and teaching them how to read and write is so rewarding.
great
Public Safety Officer (Former Employee), Philadelphia, PAMarch 21, 2013
The zoo was very good job and there was always tons of things to do to stay busy and active. I even loss weight that summer
my favorite job ever
bird keeper (Former Employee), Philadelphia, PAMarch 8, 2013
i so loved working with animals......i was a bird keep and i think that was so cool
A beautiful place to work
Director, Development Events & Sesquicentennial (Former Employee), Philadelphia, PAFebruary 19, 2013
The 42 acre garden and the animals of all kinds makes for a nice place to go every day. I did feel a little isolated from the world. It's hard to run errands and meet friends for lunch when you are so far from the city. And if you move your car at lunch time in the summer you will never get another parking space!

Other than that, a great experience!
fun place but dont they dont pay well
Office Services Supervisor (Former Employee), Philadelphia, PAFebruary 8, 2013
Pros: zoo privileges
Cons: pay rate
had fun working theyre day to day and seeing all the different animanls but the pay wasnt that great and was laid off out the blue
loved the zoo
Seasonal, Animal Attendant (Former Employee), Philadelphia, PANovember 20, 2012
Pros: getting to work with animals
Cons: hot conditions
I loved this job. Working with animals and helping children. It was only a summer position but i loved every hour i worked there.
Positive work area and a excellent places to interact wit people
Concession Manager (Former Employee), Philadelphia, PASeptember 4, 2012
I had the best experience at the Philadelphia Zoo. I had to work wit the children and teach them and let them feed the animals
BEING ABLE TO DEAL WITH AND TROUBLE SHOOT SO MANY DIFFERENT PROBLEMS FROM PEOPLE OF WALKS OF LIFE,
A Security Guard and Fill-in Supervisor (Former Employee), Philadelphia, PAAugust 19, 2012
Pros: being a part of a grate team of security officers.
Cons: i wish they had keep in house security.
STARTING MY TOUR CHECKING GATES PROVIDING SECURITY FOR STAFF PUBLIC AND PROPERTY ALSO IT WAS GOOD WORKING WITH MY CO WORKERS THEY ARE PROFESSIONALS. IT WAS HARD KNOWING I WOULD BE REPLACED BY AND OUT SIDE CO. BUT VERY HUMBLE WORKING IN SUCH A HISTORIC PLACE.
Fun place to work at
Sales (Former Employee), Philadelphia, PAJuly 26, 2012
I enjoyed working there it was a fun and learning time for me. I had good co-workers there and the bosses was oh okay at times.
great experience with customers
Food Service Representative (Former Employee), Philadelphia, PAJune 26, 2012
Pros: customers always positive
Cons: no open door policy
Great experience with customers. I just didn't like the availability of management.
Great Place to work
Bilingual Consultant (Spanish) (Current Employee), Philadelphia, PAJune 11, 2012
My job in the Zoo is only when they need translations of document or advertising.