Philadelphia Zoo Employee Reviews

my working experience at the zoo was interesting.
Cashier/Baker (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAMarch 10, 2017
I worked at the Philadelphia pretzel factory located in the Philadelphia zoo pavilion area. Working at the zoo was interesting seeing the animals everyday. You must be quick and efficient with customer service, while handling large crowds of children. Kids can be unruly customers.
Pros
Free pretzels and beverages
Cons
No breaks
an amazing work envirnment
Spt (Current Employee) –  3400 w girard ave 19103January 23, 2017
it is truly an amazing place to be and to work, I recommend this for anyone. They offer many different opportunities and offer great rewards and trainings to add to build your resume to keep you successful. The pay is also good and they offer benefits.
Pros
benefits, training
Cons
short breaks
Friendly place to work
Volunteer (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAJanuary 17, 2017
I was there for a brief period time but I have no complaints. Well I was a volunteer for the summer, but some of the veteran volunteer were very snobbish.
Pros
discount on food
Cons
outside in the heat, high priced food, snobby employees
Fun first job
Gift Shop Cashier (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PANovember 26, 2016
Meet new people daily in a fast past environment. Management treated all employees like family. Great benefits for employees and their families.
Pros
Discounts for all employees at other parks and flexible hours
Cons
Not much overtime
Lack of Communication
Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAOctober 28, 2016
the communication level was beyond unorganized and very unprofessional. besides that they were always late with scheduling and never had it up on time.
Great co-workers
Call Center Representative (Current Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAAugust 26, 2016
The most enjoyable part of my job is helping assist guest and my co-workers. I would like more opportunity for advancement and I feel like since I have been employed with the same company for over 10 years I should be compensated more.
Pros
Scenic and good benefits.
Cons
Low compensation.
productive, fun and relaxing
Guest Relations (Current Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAAugust 14, 2016
A typical day at work is a very busy day. I learned very good customer service skills. Management was great as my co workers. The hardest part of my job was that I hated to leave. The most enjoyable part was that it was my second home. My job was enjoyable and I loved working with the people
Pros
advancement
Cons
I could not roll over my vacation days
Fast paced park with lots of large animals
Groundskeeper/Maintenance (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAJune 28, 2016
Working at the Philadelphia zoo was an experience of a lifetime not only for the diffrent ethnic cultures but for the knowledge of diffrent animals as well.
Pros
Getting to meet people from around the world.
Cons
Working with people and animals is lots of fun as long as it isnt hot outside.
Great Job for High School Students
Junior Zoo Apprentice Program Peer Advisor/Mentor (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAJune 26, 2016
Provide great work experience for high school students who are interested in working with inner city youth or with animals or both. Staff is great to work with.
it was an interesting job
tour guide, customer service (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAJune 4, 2016
it was mostly hot, your in the sun for most of the day. you weren't able to sit down and you had short breaks. But overall it was an interesting job and I enjoyed it.
Productive work place with tons of learning activities
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  3400 w Girard AvenueMay 25, 2016
A typical work day for me at the Philadelphia Zoo consist of an enormous amount of fun and interaction between costumers, Zoo staff and animals.
Was nice job for teenager on weekends.
Cashier & Ticket Collector (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAMay 5, 2016
Selling and taking tickets to enter zoo.I learned how to work with public and cashier.My boss and co-workers were a great bunch of people to work with.The hardest part of job was the heat in the summer.The best part was seeing the animals everyday.
na
GUEST RELATIONS TEAM MEMBER (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAFebruary 20, 2016
Typical Day includes greeting all guest respectfully
showing up to work on time and preparing the attractions for guest, meaning making sure there are no problems and the surrounding areas are clean.
give directions to guest as they enjoy the attractions
follow all safety rules no matter what
Great setting and people but development and salaries lacking
N/A (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAFebruary 11, 2016
I had extremely high expectations when accepting my position here. I love the people and it's a beautiful work environment. Unfortunately, salaries are considerably lower than other non profit organizations and there's essentially no professional development and absolutely no lateral mobility.
fun/energetic place of work
Student Volunteer (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAJanuary 18, 2016
I enjoyed working with the children and being able to provide a sort of protection and enjoyment to the activities they were doing.
Pros
playing with children
Cons
not enough help at the time
great eviornment especailly seeing all of the animals
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAJanuary 9, 2016
enjoyed co workers, customers were polite, the atmosphere was amazing the food was good discounts were good and management was good, work day always went by fast
Productive and fun workforce, we laughed a lot, very productive
Parking Attendant (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PANovember 24, 2015
A typical day at work was just admitting guest into park, and answering question, as well as operating rides. Everyone in this company is very productive at the same time can laugh and joke. I learned at this job how to interact with a diverse population. My management was the best, the pushed me to be the best worker possible, and we built a relationship that we still have to this day. The hardest part of the job was working out in the cold, which I liked doing because I worked with girls and they could not be out in the cold for a long time so I was a valuable asset to the team. The most enjoyable part of the job was everyday I got to put a smile on a little kids face, and see that I was making a difference in someones day and could make their experience better than ever.
Pros
I enjoyed working with people my age, we had amazing days at work
Cons
short breaks
Fun fun fun 42 acres of fun !!!!!
Public Safety Officer (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PASeptember 26, 2015
I loved the zoo, best job everrr...despite being seasonal and laid of yearly, I still love the zoo!!! No brainier; apply, interviewed and have fun....I never felt like I was working when assigned a shift!!! Animals, people, reptiles I love Philadelphia Zoo, I wanna come back :)
Pros
Everything literally, staff, guest, kids, animals, HR, Security, gate H love it all
Customer Service Attendant
Customer Service/ Sales (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PASeptember 21, 2015
Team oriented environment, very good team member/supervisor relationships. Managers and supervisor were very supportive to individual employees juggling family and work life. The most enjoyable part of my job was the interaction with the public, and the positive work environment.
Pros
timely breaks, good work environment
Cons
short hours during off peak times
Zoo Internship
Event Intern (Former Employee) –  philadelphiaAugust 30, 2015
Great place to learn and grow. Learned a lot in the short time being employed. The staff is all great and always willing to help.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Philadelphia Zoo. Our community is ready to answer.

Philadelphia Zoo Reviews by Location