Philhaven

Philhaven Employer Reviews

Mission driven company
Program Director (Current Employee), Harrisburg, PAJune 19, 2014
Pros: great work environment
Cons: benefits
Philhaven is a good company that has a strong mission and value system. I was given a lot of opportunities to learn and grow as a professional. The quality of staff was high and I felt as though the company leadership cares about its employees.
Great introduction into the mental health and behavioral health field.
Therapeutic Staff Support (Current Employee), Lancaster, PAJune 12, 2014
Pros: social job, independence
Cons: stressful at times, travel, inconsistent hours
A typical work day consists of traveling between 2-3 different child/adolescent clients' schools to provide behavioral support and direction according to each individual client's behavioral plan, followed by client visits at their homes as well some nights.

I have learned to work on the fly in different work environments (different schools, parents – more... at home and in the office setting with licensed professionals in the field) to help better serve and rehabilitate the youth clients I work with. Patience and flexibility have been increased while working in this position to the point that it is a strong suit of mine.

Co-workers and management are for the most part very supportive, but I primarily worked with school staff outside of my company on a daily basis.

The hardest part of this job is definitely breaking bonds forged with clients for whatever the reason dubbed necessary, whether it be because of a client no longer needing services or being reassigned to another client more in need of my help.

The most enjoyable part of the job was the unusual job work environments that I would find myself in at times (participating in recess with clients for example) and building relationships with the clients I work with. – less
Getting Stuck
Central Scheduler/Medical Support Staff (Current Employee), Mount Gretna, PAApril 17, 2014
Pros: free lunches
Cons: no breaks
Philhaven is a great place to start your career in the mental health field, however if you are looking to be promoted, make more money or have great benefits, this in not the place for you.
The best part of the job is working with the therapists, they are sometimes demanding, but they always mean well.
The worst part of the job is that I do more than – more... I get paid to do and have since day 2. – less
Professional workplace focused on structured therapies in a safe and therapeutic miliue
After School Program Counselor (Current Employee), Harrisburg, PAMarch 28, 2014
Services provided in this program are in accordance with an individualized treatment plan developed by an interagency team; comprised of the client, family, and actively involved MH/MR, behavioral health providers, agencies, and school personnel.

Treatment plans address the individual needs of each youth, as well relevant family treatment issues. Treatment – more... progress is reviewed at least every other week by the treatment team, and at least once per month by the clinical director and coordinator. Medical records are updated by the staffing counselors who provide feedback for evaluations and finalizing coordination packets.
The treatment plan, evaluation that prescribes treatment in the program, as well as an assessment of progress, in completion of the goals outlined in the treatment plan are kept in the chart. Beginning with admission, the treatment team works with the interagency team to clarify strengths and needs to begin the process of aftercare planning.

Group activities are planned and run by the staffing team who facilitate child adolescents treatment goals including, positive social skills, coping skill strategies, and impulse control. Communication is a necessity and the use of deescalating interventions in direct association of Therapeutic Crisis Intervention TCI. – less
Excellent clinical experience
Therapist (Graduate Level Intern) (Current Employee), Mount Gretna, PANovember 25, 2013
Philhaven has an outstanding professional clinical team for the Adult Day Hospital in Mt. Gretna, PA.
Plan to stay busy!
Mobile Therapist/Behavioral Specialist Consultant (Former Employee), Mt. Gretna, PANovember 2, 2013
Pros: great co-workers
Cons: long hours
Typical day was going out to a client's home, school or community location to work with the client, his/her teacher, his/her family. I learned that there is a great need for services particularly in the under-privileged population. Management was supportive. My co-workers were exceptional; friendly, willing to help, and a great resource for me. Hardest – more... part of the job was seeing the poverty, working with disinterested parents. The most enjoyable part of the job was seeing kids succeed. – less
christain base employer, great benenfits
Certified Peer Specialist (Former Employee), Mount Gretna, PAJuly 29, 2013
Pros: created my own work schedule
Cons: wear and tear on my car
I worked with individuals with a mental health diagnosis. I would travel to their home and work through their goals with them.
Rewarding position
Primary Case Counselor (Current Employee), York, PAMarch 27, 2013
Pros: very rewarding
Cons: little benefits
Overalll case management of 6 clients and aftercare planning
Internship
Master's level Intern / Case Counselor (Former Employee), Lancaster, PAAugust 6, 2012
Pros: supervision on site
Very Flexible, willing to meet your required needs
Staff is friendly and helpful. They understand the learning curve. HR is willing to help find a position that fits your interests.
Strong and effective mission
Therapeutic Support Staff (Current Employee), Mount Gretna, PAMarch 22, 2012
Pros: staff appreciation, ability to pick up shifts.
Cons: compensation, inconsistent hours.
Great organization to work for. Very personally rewarding career, however the compensation and benefits for the work done are not nearly where they should be. Great staff, very knowledgeable and proficient in their respective duties.

About Philhaven

Philhaven is the thirteenth largest mental and behavioral healthcare provider in the U.S. Begun in 1952 in response to inhumane – Read more