Philips Employee Reviews

Production
Mechanical Assembler/Quality Inspector (Current Employee) –  Aurora, ILOctober 16, 2017
I have learned working for philips you will have alot of time with yourself and you will have to self teach a few things or find good help from local co workers. If I am out of my area for a good 10 minutes my supervisor will think I've been gone for a half an hour which I will never do without a conversation letting them know where I'm going to be located for that long. Otherwise the benefits and hours are awsome, so I do the time I set for and go on about my day. I love that we have things like picnics and rewards that is giving when do. The tough part about philips is you are easily decieved by the everyday smile from certain co workers.
Pros
Benefits, overtime, and flexible
Cons
some people can be childesh
fun work place.
Associate (Former Employee) –  Framingham, MAOctober 15, 2017
Overall a good place to work for. The benefits were great and paid holidays were good. Good pay rate good hours and most co workers were good to work with.
Terrific
Channel Partner Sales Manager - Acq./Retention (Current Employee) –  Framingham, MAOctober 13, 2017
Terrific reputation in the Healthcare Industry. How to be a team leader. Product & Services. The training and customer interaction is very rewarding. It is a shame more Hospitals across the USA do not support their Philips Lifeline departments and the benefits they bring their community and attachment to the Hospital. That is the sad part of the job. Philips Lifeline provides all of their business partners the tools to have successful programs.
Pros
The people and Culture are great.
Cons
Upward Mobility can be a challenge
Site is understaffed, advancement limited
BMET (Current Employee) –  AlabamaOctober 11, 2017
It appears the business model here is to under staff and expect fewer people to carry the load. Also to sell contracts low and then not have the resources to cover the obligations. The workday is busy, full often chaotic. There are many opportunities for training and development but promotion is rare.
Great place to work with fantastic benefits.
Senior Quotation Analyst (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZOctober 10, 2017
Great place to work with fantastic benefits. I really enjoyed working for Philips. I was saddened that my position came to an end. I would definitely work for Philips again.
October 12, 2017

Hi, thank you for your positive words and we're happy to learn that you had a great experience in working for us. We wish you all the best in your future career!

Good people to work with
Quality Engineer (Former Employee) –  Bothell, WAOctober 5, 2017
Good people to work with, procedures need improvement for defining functional roles and linkages between procedures. Requirements are sometimes unclear, no road map of inputs/outputs, what is done first and by which team members.
October 12, 2017

Hi, we really appreciate the feedback and the work you've done for us as Quality Engineer. We wish you all the best in your future career.

Good Place to work
Manager (Former Employee) –  Tupelo, MSOctober 4, 2017
Perpetual downsizing does not make good grounds to build a career, but I really enjoyed working for the company. I had the opportunity to travel and see multiple sites, and they had a good (not great) development program.
October 6, 2017

Thanks for sharing your thoughts on this. Glad to hear you did enjoy working for us. Perhaps our roads cross again in the future! In any case I'd like to wish you all the best in your career from this point onward.

Good place to work and use your skillset and knowledge
Test Engineer (Former Employee) –  Reedsville, PAOctober 3, 2017
There was not enough career advancement. Manager was good. They challenged your min on a daily basis. However, when an important issue came, they did not have a system in place to fix. Too many chefs in the kitchen.
October 6, 2017

We appreciate your feedback regarding a few observations while your were working with us. Thanks! And good luck in your career from here on out.

Good place to work with plenty of differnt things to get into.
Support Operations Process Architect/Analyst (Current Employee) –  Foster City, CAOctober 3, 2017
Aside from the atmosphere, it is a good place to work. There is a bit of a Good ol boy system going on, but educational and career advancement is good.
Pros
career advancement, good pay
Cons
Good ol boy clicks.
October 6, 2017

Thanks for sharing your thoughts on working with us. It's great to hear that there are many possibilities in your sector to grow. I wish you all the best in your career.

Good Place to work
Senior Maintenance Mechanic (Former Employee) –  Bothell, WAOctober 1, 2017
There are always downfalls to any company, That being said Philips is a great company to work for! All of the admins are extremely helpful and kind. i would definitely recommend working there.
October 6, 2017

Thanks for having been part of our team! I wish you all the best in your future endeavors.

Challenging yet satisfying workplace. Sometimes goals were unrealistic
Accounts Receivable/ Senior Collection Specialist (Current Employee) –  Andover, MAOctober 1, 2017
A typical day involved telephone and email communications with customers in my portfolio to make sure all that was needed to pay open invoice had been received. Greater focus was placed on high dollar and most past due invoice as well as credits due. I learned that the relationships I built with my customer contact were the greatest advantage in receiving the cooperation I needed from them to achieve my goals. When they needed something I responded as quickly as possible in hopes that they would reciprocate.

My management team was tough but supportive and always willing to assist me in tough situations.The workplace culture was friendly and one in which my coworkers were always willing to assist.

The hardest part of the job was being responsible for invoices due on the last day of the month.

The most enjoyable part of the job was working with a group of people willing to assist when I reached a tough place and who cared about each other.
Pros
Strong management with willingness to assist in escalation of difficult issues.
Cons
Many times goals were unrealistic and difficult to achieve based on billing structure.
October 6, 2017

Thanks for giving a thorough view of some of the challenges you met and the things you've liked about working with us. It's very much appreciated.

productive and good experience with nice people
System Verification Engineer (Former Employee) –  Highland Heights, OHSeptember 27, 2017
Had a great experience and learned healthcare regulations.
Nice colleagues to work with and had fun in learning new things. It was quite interesting job
October 6, 2017

It's appreciated that you've taken some time to share your experience whilst you were part of our Highland Heights team! I wish you the best in going forward in your career.

Best Job I have Ever Had
Commercial Operations Specialist (Current Employee) –  Andover, MASeptember 27, 2017
Typical day is constant and stimulating.. Always an opportunity to learn and grow and give feed back to management.
Workplace culture is familiar and nurturing.
October 6, 2017

Thanks for your incredibly kind words! Glad to read you feel stimulated in your day to day tasks, that's certainly a key element in job satisfaction. I wish you the best in your career with us from here on out.

Senior Manager, B2B Digital CRM, (Current Employee) –  MassachusettsSeptember 27, 2017
Great place to work, I would highly reccomend working here. Great people and leadership. Company culture is very Netherlands focused but that is not a bad thing.
October 6, 2017

Thanks for the review! It's appreciated that you've taken the time to summarise how you feel about working with us.

Faced pace for real career climbers
Marketing Analyst (Current Employee) –  San Diego, CASeptember 26, 2017
For me the work life balance was out of balance. Had a manager that was condescending and didn't respect work life balance because he didn't have kids or family and is in a different age in his career.
Pros
Great reputation and smart people to work with
Cons
Work life balance out of balance in some areas
October 6, 2017

Hello, and thanks for sharing some thoughts on your current position. Multiple teams read these pages, so your feedback will be taken into account. Mutual respect is something we value dearly. It’s nice to hear that you enjoy working with the colleagues in your department.

Fast Paced Envirmonet
Quality Specialist 2/ Team Lead (Current Employee) –  Andover, MASeptember 26, 2017
The basic part of the job is to review calls from customers. This is a part of the job that I excel at. This part of the job requires an understanding of the guidelines and being able to use those guidelines to try to fit in what a customer says to what we can actually code for. There is also a need to understand the FDA's role in our job. Though we may not work directly with the FDA we do need to have an understanding of how our job is under the FDA's control.
September 27, 2017

Hi there, being able to excel must feel excellent, doesn't it? Thanks a lot for sharing more about your function here. We hope that you'll keep on excelling in it!

Philips is a good company, but I did not enjoy the internal politics. I think that it would be a good company to work for long-term.
Senior Logistics Specialist (Former Employee) –  Bothell, WASeptember 25, 2017
I didn't like the people who worked at Philips. They were small-minded and short-sighted. The company office was very nice, with an excellent cafeteria for employees. Many Philips employees stay there for a long time, but it was not my cup of tea. As a permanent employee, I think it would be good to work there, but it was not a welcoming place for a temporary assignment.
Pros
Good office space
Cons
No benefits
September 27, 2017

Hi there! Although we think it's quite unfortunate to work with people you don't like, we're happy to hear that there was one positive thing for you: the office space. Thanks for sharing your thoughts here. We wish you all the best in the future!

Great Products
Director of Operations, Privacy (Current Employee) –  Andover, MASeptember 25, 2017
Normal day was very busy and never to plan. Company has good intentions and some top products and is trying to leverage those product lines to its fullest extent.
September 27, 2017

Indeed, one of our main intentions is to improve people's lives. Thanks for being a part of that and sharing your feedback here!

great vision, poor execution
Manager (Current Employee) –  AmsterdamSeptember 24, 2017
lack of hunger and hustle across the board
poor management, too far away from the details
Great strategy and vision but execution falls flat too often
September 27, 2017

Thanks for reviewing! We appreciate the insights you shared and we encourage you to discuss them with your colleagues, as there's always room for improvement.

A fast paced environment where you continue to learn things daily.
Manager Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Pittsburgh, PASeptember 23, 2017
New product launches enabled you to learn and keep up with the latest technology as it related to the Sleep and Home Respiratory devices available for patients.

Having worked there for 8+ years I was able to grow within an environment that felt like family versus simply co-workers and employees.
Pros
Freedom to have autonomy when managing my teams
Cons
Healthcare
September 27, 2017

Amazing to hear that you were part of the family for 8+ years! We appreciate your thoughts and we'd like to thank you for leaving them here. Good luck in all that is to come!

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Philips. Our community is ready to answer.