Philips Employee Reviews

was just laid off
Personal Response Associate (Former Employee) –  Framingham, MADecember 6, 2016
The company treats people like robots and just currently laid off mass numbers of people who have spent years devoting their lives to saving other people.
Pros
salary, benefits
Cons
call center environment, instability within the company
Great company
Quotations Specialist (Former Employee) –  Somerset, NJNovember 23, 2016
Great people help make a great company. The open work environment took some time to get used to but helped foster collaborative working. The ability to work from home when need-be was a positive.
Pros
flexible work schedule
Cons
management
Great place, great people
Supplier Quality Engineer (Former Employee) –  Cleveland, OHNovember 4, 2016
Contract engineer performing supplier quality work. Helped Philips & their suppliers get through remediation period and successfully ramp up back to normal production.
The Most compassionate and caring job i have ever had
Personal Response Associate (Former Employee) –  Framingham, MAOctober 26, 2016
I worked at lifeline not only for my paycheck ,but the rewards of helping the subscribers . There arn't alot of people that handle calls when the sub presses that phb for depression ,lonliness,anxiety,suicidal,robberies and confusion and just to talk and the typical I've fallen and can't get up was frequent,to hear a friendly voice that they may recognize. My coworkers had compassion,kindness and were monitored on a frequent basis. We left our life behind to help people.Snow,rain,sleet we were there.
Pros
Management, bonus, free meals and frequent treats
Cons
that the company, is leaving Framingham or significantly downsizing, at the Framingham location saddens me
Fun work place
Network Engineer (Former Employee) –  Alpharetta, GAOctober 26, 2016
Good atmosphere and cool place.Good job and good compensation and good benefits and good security and good advancement and good management and good job culture.
Pros
Free lunches
Cons
Short Breaks
Worst employer ever
Senior Consumer Marketing Manager (Current Employee) –  Bothell, WAOctober 23, 2016
Overall, the worst experience of my professional career. The beaurocracy is beyond compare, with zero important decisions delegated beyond the second level CEO. That's right, there are three CEOs reporting vertically into one another, and even the Vice Presidents don't own their P&L. There's a complete mismatch between accountability and authority, annual performance goals aren't finalized until Q4 or after the year closes, and the subjective nature of the reviews allow politics and relationships to vastly overshadow any objective measurement of success. All metrics are kept at a total division level, so free riders can rejoice with a good bonus while hard workers are exploited and asked to continue to do more for the team.
Pros
Good word life balance and easy to coast by if you're lazy and want an easy paycheck.
Cons
Rewards not commensurate with contribution, Americans aren't promoted, career progression promises aren't delivered, internet doesn't work, incentives misaligned, Antiquated financial metrics, depressing environment
Great Company, but ineffective management
Technical Support Specialist (Former Employee) –  Alpharetta, GAOctober 20, 2016
a fantastic company but specific managers make it "less than appealing". I would highly recommend you work there, but you need to be able to tolerate managers (some) who only care about their paychecks and not about you.
Great Medical Device Company, a true Pioneer in Medical Devise manufacturing.
Post Market Surveillance Complaint Investigator (Current Employee) –  Andpver, MAOctober 17, 2016
A typical day at Philips consists of me reviewing Global Complaints and trying to manage the complaints I already have in TrackWise our Complaint Handling Database.
Pros
Lot's of different divisions.
Cons
Far Commute from Boston
Foster City location - Great people to work with - No advancement opportunity
Customer Service Representative (Temp) (Former Employee) –  Foster City, CAOctober 10, 2016
Temp: Customer Service for 2 years (original assignment was 6-8 mths). Company had no intention of hiring as direct. Job was outsourced to India. Co-workers were very nice, fun, and helpful. There was no hard part of the job, easiest I have ever done. Not enough challenges. Too many managers, not always available when needed.
Pros
Temporary employee, No Pros, No benefits or perks that a direct hire would get.
Cons
Problems with phone systems. Too many managers, Went through four managers that were in charge of the temporary employees were unprofessional, Mgrs not always around when needed, Mgrs were sometimes rude (only one good manager that quit).
Fun working
Sr. Network Engineer (Current Employee) –  Alpharetta, GAOctober 10, 2016
It is fun working in the company. I have dealt with complex troubleshooting issues of LAN/WAN. The management is very co-operative and friendly. The co-workers help us to understand the concepts.

Want to know more about Philips?

Ask a question
routine
Materials Handler 3 (Current Employee) –  Aurora, ILOctober 10, 2016
a day at work is usually the same depending on what department I am working in stock room shipping or receiving. mainly stockroom
for now between me and 5 other workers we all have different responsibility. the hardest part is when I receiving orders at the last minute that has to be pulled from stock and transacted and delivered
to production area before the close of the day management is good
especially if you have a problem very is to talk to. most enjoyable part of the job is employee discounts .what I learned fire safety
spill control, hazardous labels of material and how to store them
Pros
very easy job
Cons
last minute duties
Productive place to work with Flexible Schedule
Technical Consultant (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GAOctober 4, 2016
Work from home and Travel as needed to customer sites. Occasional weekend work and late night work scheduled as needed.
Pros
Work From Home
Great Company to Work For
SUPPLY CHAIN PROJECT MANAGER/DESIGNER (Current Employee) –  Irvine, CASeptember 24, 2016
Philips is a great company to work for, as with any large corporations, moving up could be quite slow. However, in exchange you get stability, solid benefits, a great work environment and the satisfaction that you are benefiting society through better healthcare.
Pros
Excellent benefits, work life balance, stability and security
Cons
Getting promoted and moving up is cut throat.
Excellent Culture
Accounting (Current Employee) –  Andover, MASeptember 21, 2016
Work/Life balances, focus on employee satisfaction, decent pay and benefits. Diverse background of employees.

Hardest Part - Levels of managers and collaboration to get things changed

Easiest Part - strong HR involvement in employee satisfaction and listening to employees
Good Company
Senior Field Sales Representative (Current Employee) –  San Antonio, TXSeptember 15, 2016
Philips is a good company. The products are innovative and well received by the public. The compensation is fair, but there is no room to grow as an FSR.

Comment – September 22, 2016

Thank you for submitting your five-star review here concerning your current position at Philips. Not only are we happy seeing that you rate your position with five stars, we can imagine that this means that you enjoy going to work. This positive work attitude is something we believe contributes to the working environment and the people around you. Opportunities for growth in the careers of our employees are very important to us. We wish to have our employees grow, try new things, to experiment, to improve the way things are done. Our variety in trainings can help achieve this growth, but we also encourage you to have a chat with your HR manager about the possibilities for this. In the meantime we wish you all the best and hope to take on the beautiful challenges that lie ahead together with you!

Difficult work environment with poor management
Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Pittsburgh, PASeptember 13, 2016
I found Philips a very difficult place to work. I was new to the team and no training was provided. I had to learn my job by trial and error. When I went to management with questions, they had no answer. Had to work on holidays.
Pros
Good pay and good benefits
Cons
Poor management, poor work/life balance
Zone Technical Specialist (Current Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAAugust 25, 2016
Great company to work for. Great benefits and compensation packages. Philips is a leader in the healthcare industry with a majority lead in the market share. Diverse product set with quality manufacturing, engineering and customer support.

Comment – September 22, 2016

Hi there, thank you so much for being a part of Philips as a Zone Technical Specialist and for submitting your review here. We love hearing that our people are happy to work with us! We’re sure that this pride and joy contributes to your and our mission to create meaningful and innovative products. Since this year is our 125th anniversary, have you seen our video about this great milestone: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DSGAh62zgfw? :) We look forward to working with you for many more years to come!

Easy Job
Assembler/Machine Operator (Current Employee) –  Collierville, TNAugust 21, 2016
The work is easy just very fast pace. When I first started, everyone was very friendly. Once you learn how to do the job you will have no problems.
4stars
Production Worker (Former Employee) –  Burgaw, NCAugust 21, 2016
a good place to work how to make exit signs management was good coworker communication was good inventory time was the hardest part most enjoyable when we came together as a family at holidays before the day we get off
Pros
points for rewards at job
Cons
when we had disagreement of doing the right thing
high stress
Product Applications Specialist (Current Employee) –  Baltimore, MDAugust 18, 2016
a great place to be innovative in your approach to ultrasound and sales. It is a place for your to share your ultrasound and physics expertise. there is a good compensation package.
Pros
good salary
Cons
travel is excessive

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Philips. Our community is ready to answer.