Philips Employee Reviews

hardest part of the job
Imaging Systems Order Processor (Current Employee) –  Bothell, WA 98021January 2, 2018
low pay for the industry in the area
mandatory overtime at month ends and during most holidays
poor choices by upper management
this is all i am choosing to share
Pros
relaxed schedule (besides OT) fitness facilities, cafeteria. vacation
Cons
listed in review
January 4, 2018

Hi, it sounds like you're experience in working for us is not a very positive one and we do want to encourage you to share more with your line or HR manager. Thank you for sharing some of your experiences with us here, it is much appreciated.

Very Political. Little room for advancement
Senior Account Manager (Current Employee) –  Andover, MAJanuary 2, 2018
It's a good place to work if you simply want to do your job and that's it. For others who aspire to do more, it may not be a fit. Very political environment which does not lend to the best person getting the right job. At Philips, it's who you know and not what you have demonstrated doing.
Pros
Worldwide recognition
Cons
Political
January 4, 2018

Hello, we regret hearing that you feel there is not enough room for advancement, especially as our structure allows for long term career mobility across business groups, applications, projects and geographies. We do want to thank you for sharing and for all the work you're doing for us as a Senior Account Manager.

Rewarding Environment
Business Analyst Global Supply Chain (Current Employee) –  Cleveland, OHJanuary 2, 2018
Collaborative people in a quick paced environment.
Engaging and dynamic with friendly coworkers.
Work/life balance is respected.
Many opportunities for career growth.
January 4, 2018

Hello, thank you for sharing your positive words, we really appreciate them!

review
Project Manager-SFDC (Current Employee) –  Pewaukee, WIDecember 29, 2017
good place to work, flexiable hours, good culture, fun enviroment, hepful coworkes, nice managment, fun things to do. flexible hours, good benifits, ok.
January 4, 2018

Hi, thanks so much for your positive review. We're very happy to hear that you love working as a Project Manager and we love having you as a part of our Philips family!

Poor managment.
Product Quality Analyst (Former Employee) –  Highland Heights, OHDecember 29, 2017
Poorly managed company with no real security. Used to be much more employee focused. Now business is sending product overseas and cutting employees because of it.
Pros
Decent pay
Cons
Poor management. Poor employee selection
January 4, 2018

Hello, we appreciate you sharing a few words on your experience in working for us. Thank you for the work you've done for us as a Product Quality Analyst and we wish you all the best in your future endeavors.

a lot of favortism with the management
TEAM LEAD (Former Employee) –  Andover, MADecember 29, 2017
All in all it was an ok place to work. A typical day was usually fun however, we were extremely micromanaged. Promotions were made on favortism and not job qualifications.
Pros
liked the hours
Cons
micromanaged
January 4, 2018

Hi there, we're glad to hear your experience in working for us was an overall positive one. We wish you all the best in your future career!

Great benefits but lacks stability and vision
Scientist (Current Employee) –  Highland Heights, OHDecember 27, 2017
Philips Cleveland is part of a fast paced, global organization with opportunity to work with cutting edge technology. There is a lot of potential in working for such a company. Working environment is plagued by an overly complex bureaucracy, ongoing threat of layoffs, and high turnover in upper management.
Pros
Great benefits & pay
Cons
Frequent reorganizations, constant threat of layoffs, lack of career advancement
January 4, 2018

Hello, thank you for taking the time to share some of your experiences with us. It's much appreciated!

Change in Culture at Philips AED Division
Hardware Design and Test Engineer (Former Employee) –  Bothell, WADecember 27, 2017
The AED division recently had a complete management change and with it, a major change in the culture. At the same time, the AED division entered a consent-decree with the FDA.

In aggregate, the AED division became a very stressful place to work.
Pros
Great people
Cons
Poor management, very stressful
January 4, 2018

Hi, we love hearing that you work with great people, yet regret hearing that you find the work environment stressful. We would like to advise you to speak to your line or HR Manager about this. Thank you for sharing your feedback with us, it's much appreciated.

productive an fun place to work
Sr. Software Quality Assurance Engineer (Current Employee) –  Baltimore, MDDecember 24, 2017
with Agile safe process the work environment is pretty busy. It a good environment to work and all colleagues are very helpful. There is not much job advancement in this location.
December 28, 2017

Hello, thanks for taking the time to share your review. We’re always looking to grow as an employer, so your feedback is much appreciated.

Great Company with strong mission to make a difference.
Senior Tech-Lumileds-Phosphor Converter Team (Current Employee) –  San Jose, CADecember 24, 2017
A typical day at work is spent receiving assignments from different teams involved in the characterization of new materials and phosphors materials for LED Lighting.
I learned how this technology has changed the way people live in the world and how it will preserve the earth through green technology. The workplace culture involved employees along with their peers and management comfortably to achieve the goals and demands of the company to become a leader in its field. The hardest part of job is impacted when equipment would go down while trying to complete an assignment. The most enjoyable part of the job is learning new techniques and exchanging knowledge with others.
December 28, 2017

Hi, thanks for your feedback! It’s good to hear that you’ve learned a lot while working with us and that you’re enjoying the work you’ve been doing. We’re looking forward towards our collaboration in 2018 as well.

Want to know more about Philips?

Ask a question
good work environment
Team Lead / Demo Department (Current Employee) –  Andover, MADecember 23, 2017
the best part of my role is working with my field partners. must be able to multitask, no 2 days are the same. work life balance is ok depending on managment
December 28, 2017

Hi there, we’re glad to hear that you’re having a good time working with us. We’re happy to have you onboard. Thanks for your review!

Productive, Quick Paced, Great Training & Learning every day. Great People & Management.
Contracted Seasonal Temp, Nex.Gen.Tech (Former Employee) –  Bothell, WADecember 20, 2017
I enjoyed my Temporary Assignment at Philips Healthcare in Bothell, WA,
I learned new tasks & workflow each day.
Best Part: Managers & Experienced Employees always took time to go over the Work Assignments, answering any & all of my questions, and it was a very Positive Work Environment.
Workplace Culture: Very Happily Diverse, a lot of Integrity, and I enjoyed it there every day.
Hardest Part of the Job: I wished it was a Permanent Position. I'd wished my Assignment didn't have to end, however they didn't have any Permanent Positions available after my Assignment was Completed.
Most Enjoyable: Positive Atmosphere, Quick Paced Workflow, was allowed to assist others when my tasks were complete for the day.
Pros
Positive & Educational Work Environment.
Cons
It was a Temporary Assignment.

Hi there,

Reading your review made us very happy and proud! Such a pity that there was no permanent position available at the time! Thanks for sharing your thoughts with us. And who knows? Our paths may cross again. ;) Happy holidays!

Not a good company to work for
Tools & Prototype Engineer, Contract (Former Employee) –  Seattle, WADecember 18, 2017
things move very slowly. Boring work and old technology. No chance for advancement. Management does not care. Pay is low, actually below average. I would not recommend this company to anyone.

Good morning,

That doesn't sound all too good. We would have liked hearing that you had a wonderful time working for our brand. We do appreciate your honest thoughts though. Thanks for sharing the review and we're wishing you all the best.

Room for advancement and co-workers promote team spirit
Verification and Validation Engineer (Former Employee) –  San Jose, CADecember 17, 2017
Compensation is fair but work life balance may suffer.
Team spirit attitude is employed throughout the company culture and management is supporting of your work and advancement opportunities.
Pros
Career advancement, company culture
Cons
Work life balance

Hi there,

Thanks for sharing your review. Your hard work and efforts are appreciated. Wishing you the best in your career.

Fse
Field Service Engineer (Former Employee) –  OregonDecember 15, 2017
I loved and enjoyed working for Philips when I got hired I was promised growth in a company and that there would be long hours. Philips is great and working for Philips was a dream job. Manager, on the other hand, wanted me to run my big territory from 8-5 but it was impossible because I had 4 hours one-way drive plus projects but he kept saying no over time and need to figure out how to work within the 8-5. Working as Field Service Engineer has a lot of grey area but when someone tries to create black and white rules for you and then blame you for working running territory in a black and white schedule especially after a complaint from the customer side is not fair to FSE. Long story short my management made me work for free most of the time because they didn't want to pay overtime but I knew that customers won't understand that and that I needed to take care of them because I cared about Philips growth even do management didn't want to pay overtime. There is way more to say and write about my experience to management but I will keep it to my self unless Philips would like to know personal why I wrote all this then I would lay everything on paper. I am sure this is not what Philips is all about but my experience wasn't with Philips was bad. After i spoke up for being blamed for something i didn't do in a professional manner I was later asked to leave within few weeks after speaking up and showing facts but I guess my management didn't like that which is sad because we were all a team and needed to work together. I truly don't have an explanation for why i was treated the way  more... i was after putting all the free hours of work and delivering 120% for all my customers.  less
Pros
Great company, benefits, jobs
Cons
Philips needs fair management

Good morning,

Thanks for bringing this to our attention. We really appreciate the hard work and dedication, without a doubt! But we don't want our employees to over-do it. We regret hearing that you felt this kind of pressure from your manager, this is certainly not the way we want you and our other colleagues to feel. We're all about transparency, so if there is anything else that you feel is necessary to share, please do! We're all ears. We can see that you are not a current employee anymore, otherwise we would have encouraged you to discuss this with an HR manager to make your daily business life a bit more comfortable. Hopefully you have found another cool job in the meantime.

Not what it seems
Sales Rep (Former Employee) –  FloridaDecember 14, 2017
The interview processes make this position out to be laid back, well compensated and no micromanaging. In reality it's the complete opposite. Regional managers tend to be great & hands off, but higher ups are AWFUL. The sales training is too long and drags out over months when all of the necessary training could be done in a few days. The current national sales director has ZERO experience in sales and was in accounting before taking the position. He thinks more reports, activity that emphasizes quantity over quality, hours of daily admin work, etc is what makes quota. 75-80% of the reps are seasoned reps and don't need micromanaging, but he still insists on it. There is no work life balance and personal time is not respected by corporate. They also expect reps to beat out the competition even though some products are almost twice as much as the competition. They ask why people aren't buying anymore yet continue to increase prices 15-20% annually. Also, marketing controls a lot of what impacts field reps. I have never seen or heard of someone from marketing spending time in the field and when they ask for feedback the literally do the opposite. They also make deals with retail stores selling similar products and don't notify the field team. Many times field reps are blindsided by SUPER low prices in retail and find it hard to compete. Essentially, they say the sales force is supposed to sell but really they just want them out marketing. They pay a horribly low base, have capped commissions, don't pay commissions from dollar one & pay reps with $500k territories the same as people  more... with $1million+ territories. The only positive are most regional managers and the 401k match.  less

Hi there,

We appreciate the elaborate feedback. It's regrettable to hear that working for our brand wasn't what you expected on before hand. Please know that this is duly noted and that we think the well-being of our employees is very important to us. We hope that you have found another job in the meantime where you feel more at home!

Interesting Design Engineering
Fixture Design Engineer Intern (Former Employee) –  Aurora, ILDecember 5, 2017
The design and manufacturing process is interesting. Smaller design team to work on but everyone was friendly and the environment promotes learning new skills.
December 7, 2017

Hi, we're happy to hear you had friendly colleagues and worked in a stimulating environment. Thank you for the work you've done for us and we wish you all the best in your future endeavors!

Shipping and Receiving Clerk (Former Employee) –  Whittier, CADecember 4, 2017
No communication
no opportunity for advancement
fluctuating schedules
minimum direction with high expectations
no teamwork
only part time hours during holiday season
December 7, 2017

Hello, that doesn’t sound like the best experience and we regret hearing that. We do want to thank you for sharing your feedback with us and wish you all the best in your future career.

Focus on customers by understanding the patient safety in the hospitals and treating it as the top priority
Senior Development Engineer (Current Employee) –  Pleasanton, CADecember 2, 2017
My typical day at work starts with customer calls from various hospitals, understanding the problems that they face in their clinical workflows, and provide an optimal solution.
December 7, 2017

Hello, it sounds like you really enjoy your work as a Senior Development Engineer and we're very happy to hear that! Thank you for sharing your experience with us.

Positive environment to learn and grow.
Tube Housing Assembler (Former Employee) –  Aurora, ILNovember 30, 2017
I was taught a skill set which I believe will be of great benefit to myself and the company that utilizes that skill set. Everyday was a new learning experience which I will carry with me wherever I go. I worked with medical devices and electrical components that were very delicate and had to handled precisely according to the schematics. The culture was conducive to learning new skills and taught me to appreciate the fact that I was dealing with devices that had to do with people's lives.The most enjoyable part was the satisfaction of building something that can save countless lives!
December 7, 2017

Hi, it makes us really happy to hear you learned a new skill and had new experiences that will help you wherever you go. That is very important to us and thank you for sharing your feedback with us!

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Philips. Our community is ready to answer.