Philips Employee Reviews

stressful atmosphere
Product Group Specialist (Former Employee) –  Bath, NYJune 9, 2016
A typical day started at 7:00 AM. Most days there was forced overtime, and almost every Saturday was forced overtime. I learned that no matter how good a product you produce, the end cost is what the CEO looks at as the reason to move the production to China. We produced the best lamps in the world and they were replaced by a very inferior lamps.The best part of the job was the good wages and good benefits. They pay good wages for very skilled labor.
Pros
good pay
Cons
extreme forced overtime lossed job to china
September 1, 2016

Hi there. Thanks for sharing your concerns and feedback with us through here. We can imagine that it hurts to see your lifework to be moved to another country. We are quite concerned about the overtime you are mentioning. It may be less relevant now as you are not a Philips employee anymore, but we would have advised to talk to someone within Philips about it. It’s not in anyone’s interest if our employees are stressed out! We take that very seriously. Either way we would like to thank you again for your review and we wish you luck in your future career.

Good Company
Senior Field Sales Representative (Current Employee) –  San Antonio, TXSeptember 15, 2016
Philips is a good company. The products are innovative and well received by the public. The compensation is fair, but there is no room to grow as an FSR.
September 22, 2016

Thank you for submitting your five-star review here concerning your current position at Philips. Not only are we happy seeing that you rate your position with five stars, we can imagine that this means that you enjoy going to work. This positive work attitude is something we believe contributes to the working environment and the people around you.

Opportunities for growth in the careers of our employees are very important to us. We wish to have our employees grow, try new things, to experiment, to improve the way things are done. Our variety in trainings can help achieve this growth, but we also encourage you to have a chat with your HR manager about the possibilities for this. In the meantime we wish you all the best and hope to take on the beautiful challenges that lie ahead together with you!

Zone Technical Specialist (Current Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAAugust 25, 2016
Great company to work for. Great benefits and compensation packages. Philips is a leader in the healthcare industry with a majority lead in the market share. Diverse product set with quality manufacturing, engineering and customer support.
September 22, 2016

Hi there, thank you so much for being a part of Philips as a Zone Technical Specialist and for submitting your review here. We love hearing that our people are happy to work with us! We’re sure that this pride and joy contributes to your and our mission to create meaningful and innovative products.

Since this year is our 125th anniversary, have you seen our video about this great milestone: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DSGAh62zgfw? :) We look forward to working with you for many more years to come!

Nice work envirornment
Machine Operator (Current Employee) –  Reedsville, PAAugust 16, 2016
Overall, Philips is a nice place to work. The work is a little tedious and repetitive. Nothing about the job is physically demanding and the building is air conditioned with a nice gym.
Pros
Free fountain drinks, a/c, gym, good benefits
Cons
2 line meetings per week, paperwork
December 22, 2016

Glad to hear that you do enjoy your workspace a lot and are overall happy with us as an employer. Besides that it’s great that you like the benefits. We do understand that paperwork sometimes could be a little bothersome, we’re glad that the positive do outweigh it though! Whilst paperwork is a part of the job, the actual profession should be the thing you’re mostly occupied with.

high stress
Product Applications Specialist (Current Employee) –  Baltimore, MDAugust 18, 2016
a great place to be innovative in your approach to ultrasound and sales. It is a place for your to share your ultrasound and physics expertise. there is a good compensation package.
Pros
good salary
Cons
travel is excessive
Culture change after 2000
PROJECT MANAGEMENT (Former Employee) –  Andover, MAFebruary 17, 2017
I had not worked for HP very long when the medical group was released and bought by Philips but I heard from a lot of lifers how the culture had changed. Additionally the concept of Project Management being managed by Professional Services not the field services and was met with a huge amount of resistance. Other than that I really enjoyed my job with Philips. I was afforded the opportunity to complete my Masters Certification in Project Management. A lot of travel but I loved it
Pros
GREAT SUPPORT FROM MIDDLE MANAGEMENT
Cons
DIFFERENT GROUPS WERE STILL OPERATING IN THEIR OWN SILOS
Worst employer ever
Senior Consumer Marketing Manager (Current Employee) –  Bothell, WAOctober 23, 2016
Overall, the worst experience of my professional career. The beaurocracy is beyond compare, with zero important decisions delegated beyond the second level CEO. That's right, there are three CEOs reporting vertically into one another, and even the Vice Presidents don't own their P&L. There's a complete mismatch between accountability and authority, annual performance goals aren't finalized until Q4 or after the year closes, and the subjective nature of the reviews allow politics and relationships to vastly overshadow any objective measurement of success. All metrics are kept at a total division level, so free riders can rejoice with a good bonus while hard workers are exploited and asked to continue to do more for the team.
Pros
Good word life balance and easy to coast by if you're lazy and want an easy paycheck.
Cons
Rewards not commensurate with contribution, Americans aren't promoted, career progression promises aren't delivered, internet doesn't work, incentives misaligned, Antiquated financial metrics, depressing environment
Lack of Appreciation
Philips Healthcare (Former Employee) –  Alpharetta, GAJanuary 19, 2017
I worked for Philips at a temp from October 2014 - June 2016. I would work hard, do overtime, and learn new traits. Also would assist in the training of the individuals that were hired on permanent after me. Discrimination from management, and also mistreatment.
Pros
Provided Lunch
Cons
Lack of appreciation
January 26, 2017

Thank you for sharing your experience.

It goes without saying that discrimination and mistreatment is something that we do take very seriously and are strongly opposed to as a company. We do hope that you’ve talked with the HR department.

If you would like to discuss your experience regarding these subjects further, please do feel free to contact our anonymous third party Ethics hotline. We would encourage you to do so, as the behavior you’ve described is not something we endorse in any way.

We do wish you all the best in your future endeavors and thank you for being part of us for more than a year.

Great company with great mission to help people lives healthier lives
VISUAL DESIGNER (Former Employee) –  Bothell, WAFebruary 16, 2017
You become an integral brand asset when you go to work at Philips. Philips products really help people live healthy lives. It's a mission that is easy to align yourself with. People I worked with were top-tier.
Pros
Great work/life balance. Great leadership.
Cons
Business/market pressures affect sales and culture
Work was great for Respironics but not so good after being purchased by Philips and being run by people that were not hands on
FINANCIAL SERVICE SPECIALIST (Former Employee) –  Plum, PAJune 4, 2016
My job was terminated and sent overseas
Employee morale was not good after being purchased by Philips

Workload was often heavy and not always appreciated
Pros
Good Benefits - fun days
Cons
more work for same pay
August 18, 2016

Hi there, thank you for your review. We understand that with a takeover some things do change, sometimes not all for the positive. However the mission is still the same, to create amazing products and help our customers. We are sorry to hear about the workload that you have experienced as not being appreciated as it should.

In the meantime it is good to hear that you did do enjoy your work and the benefits that it came with. We wish you all the best for all your future plans!

Productive Company
Cutomer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Framingham, MA 01702March 24, 2016
Assisting customers with machine,billing and data entry calls. I learned to be patient and listen to what the subscriber needs were. I worked with a great management team. My co-workers were great and we worked well as a department. The moral of he department was not always there so to make matters better I would bake and bring in breads and cupcakes once a month and also do monthly birthdays.
Pros
Great benefits, 3 weeks vacation with hirer date.
Cons
Driving an hour to and from work.
The Most compassionate and caring job i have ever had
Personal Response Associate (Former Employee) –  Framingham, MAOctober 26, 2016
I worked at lifeline not only for my paycheck ,but the rewards of helping the subscribers . There arn't alot of people that handle calls when the sub presses that phb for depression ,lonliness,anxiety,suicidal,robberies and confusion and just to talk and the typical I've fallen and can't get up was frequent,to hear a friendly voice that they may recognize. My coworkers had compassion,kindness and were monitored on a frequent basis. We left our life behind to help people.Snow,rain,sleet we were there.
Pros
Management, bonus, free meals and frequent treats
Cons
that the company, is leaving Framingham or significantly downsizing, at the Framingham location saddens me
December 30, 2016

Thank you so much for not only your feedback about your former position, but also for the work you’ve done. We can definitely understand this work was caring and compassionate, and that the people that do this kind of work need to have a special set of skills. We hope you take the positive things you encountered during this job with you, and we wish you all the best.

Great work environment
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Alpharetta, GAFebruary 6, 2017
I could take 20-40 calls on a typical workday. I've learned terminology and functionalities of medical devices within the cardiology department. Management has been amazing with communication, expectations and providing resources for me to adequately perform my daily work obligations. The hardest part of the job is trying to get hired permanently. the most enjoyable part of the job is, the people. I work with a great group of individuals.
Pros
The people are amazing
Cons
Temporary assignment
Great Investment in total Healthcare spectrum
Regional Manager, Customer Service (Current Employee) –  Portland, ORFebruary 2, 2017
I have worked for Philips for 15 years. Started in entry level position and worked my way up to management level. The people are the best in the industry. Great opportunities for advancement.
Fast Paced, Chaotic Environment
Stores Manager (Former Employee) –  San Marcos, TXFebruary 22, 2017
Philips was and could've been a very profitable and enjoyable workplace had the right leadership and management had been in place. Every work day was chaotic with unrealistic expectations. There was no work balance as you were required to work upwards of 70+ hours per week.
The hardest part of the job was justifying why certain decisions were made. I enjoyed some of the people I worked with and definitely the crew who worked for me.
Pros
experience gained
Cons
work load and work hours
Extremely poorly managed company.
Quotations Specialist (Former Employee) –  San Marcos, TX.May 26, 2016
By Philips own polls extremely few employees recommend others to work here. Highest rating received was 2.3% of the employees would recommend Philips as a good place to work. Why say anything more?
Pros
Good benefits, reasonable pay
Cons
Everything else
September 1, 2016

We're a bit startled of your message, to say the least. We want our colleagues to have a nice time working for us, obviously. So this is the not the feeling we wanted you to have. We're curious what kind of constructive feedback you would have on our organisation. If you ever want to talk about this, do contact us. We're listening.

It was a structural environment
DEPARTMENT LEAD (Former Employee) –  Bothell, WAMay 24, 2016
Working at Philips Healthcare was an amazing opportunity that had a lot a great qualities and benefits. The staff appreciated the dedicated time and qualities of the ultrasound machines. Employees were friendly, fun, and made it delightful.
Pros
Mon- Fri
Cons
NA
September 1, 2016

Thanks a lot for your positive review. We are honored that you thought of us as an amazing opportunity. We are glad to have you with us. :) Good to hear that you have nice colleagues by your side. That’s one of the most important things and we believe employees need that to reach their full potential.

routine
Materials Handler 3 (Current Employee) –  Aurora, ILOctober 10, 2016
a day at work is usually the same depending on what department I am working in stock room shipping or receiving. mainly stockroom
for now between me and 5 other workers we all have different responsibility. the hardest part is when I receiving orders at the last minute that has to be pulled from stock and transacted and delivered
to production area before the close of the day management is good
especially if you have a problem very is to talk to. most enjoyable part of the job is employee discounts .what I learned fire safety
spill control, hazardous labels of material and how to store them
Pros
very easy job
Cons
last minute duties
December 30, 2016

Hi there, thank you so much for your review. Rating your job with 5 out of 5 stars must mean you enjoy going to work, something very important! Great to read that you’re still learning things, we hope you keep on developing yourself and we wish you all the best!

Productive and enviting culture
Territory Account Manager (Former Employee) –  Northern CaliforniaFebruary 3, 2017
The most enjoyable part of the job was the freedom it allowed to maintain my own schedule. The management was available to meet with customers and help facilitate the sales process. The only negative I have is the turn around time on quotes and equipment. I found that my competitors could turn quotes at a much faster rate as we had to go through numerous steps to gain approval for discounts.
Pros
Support
Cons
Quote turn around time
A place where people care
Senior Field Marketing Manager (Current Employee) –  Bothell, WAJuly 25, 2016
Philips is a good place to work where people care about the good of the end customers. While nothing moves quickly at Philips in the end it is a nice place to work.

The solutions are good and the work life balance tends to be pretty good.
Pros
Good work life balance, great products in healthcare division
Cons
limited clear opportunities for advancement, what feels like constant reorganizations
December 22, 2016

Thank you for your kind words! It’s great that you liked our attitude towards our customers and have been proud of the products that you were a part of. As we are a very large company working on a large mission, it sometimes could be that decisions need to reach certain boards first, which admittedly could lengthen the time. But if you have any ideas of improving this, that would be great to share with the managing personnel.

It’s good to hear that your life outside of work also still is very prevalent. This is something that’s very dear to us. We want to improve the lives of billions of people, and amongst those people are definitely our employees who make it all happen!

Please do feel free to recommend us to acquaintances who might be looking for work. We have a lot of sectors in which we need fresh talent.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Philips. Our community is ready to answer.