Philips

Philips Employer Reviews

warehouse inventory
warehouse associate/ inventory control (Current Employee), Highland Heights, OHJanuary 5, 2015
i stock in parts make sure the assembly lines are stocked for the assemblers
Big corporate mentality. Access to all kinds of goal reaching
Marketing Manager (Former Employee), Bothell, WAJanuary 4, 2015
Pros: higher education provided. seminars, training continually provided
Cons: job security.
This position requires focus and research to keep up to date as medical imaging changes constantly. My education was continually being updated, advanced. The people I worked with are exemplary! The hardest part of the job is leaving them as they are more like family. The most enjoyable part of the job is watching and being a part of my Team's growth and advancement. The position requires much reporting and structure, yet I was able to provide flexibility for each and every one. My reward was having the knowledge and security that my Team never defaulted in any way. They are the true definition of Team Players, professionally and personally.
Quality place to work
Quality Specialist (Current Employee), Andover, MADecember 22, 2014
Philips has a general concern for their consumers as well as their own employees. It is a refreshing change of pace from the normal attitude most large companies have. I have recommended many family and friends here and would continue to do so in the future. There are also opportunities for growth and development.
Great Career Overall I am satisfied with my career at Philips
Field Service Engineer (Current Employee), United StatesDecember 20, 2014
Pros: the work is very interesting and satisfying
Cons: they are in a constant state of change.
The work is very interesting and satisfying. The people are great to work with.

Management has deteriorated recently, especially middle management. The focus is on reporting numbers without regard for the cost.

The work environment for Field Service Engineers is not good. Morale is very low.
Positive environment and great co-workers
Shipping Associate (Current Employee), Jonesville, NCDecember 18, 2014
Pros: great atmoshere
Cons: aren't any
Load boxes onto a 53 foot trailer for eight hours, and stack boxes into a pallet until full. I learned proper loading techniques. Management is extremely nice and the co-workers there are great.
Worst Job Ever!!
plant production (Former Employee), San Marcos, TexasDecember 18, 2014
Pros: got paid on time
Cons: low wages, constant harrassment from managment. production floor hot in the summer and cold in winter.
Management micro manages production and maintenance employees. They constantly criticize and be little employees. They call you in for a meeting and threaten to fire you often.

There is no work/ life balance. If you call in sick, expect to be harassed the next day.

Management is often switched to areas where they have no knowledge. You spend most of your day teaching them their job.

They do not communicate with the many layers of management, thereby wasting a lot of time. Supervisors look out for themselves and do not back their employees.
Good Work Life Balance - Constant Change
Sr. Manager (Current Employee), Bothell, WADecember 10, 2014
Job is rewarding, especially with the knowledge that the products you create/sell are really saving lives.

There is regular re-org and change, with most management in Europe it makes re-org more difficult.
nice place to work
K-Force-temp (Current Employee), Somerset, NJDecember 2, 2014
lots of work to do nice people
love the job
close to home
the people are very friendly
Positive Place to work
Software Quality Engineer (Former Employee), Andover, MaDecember 1, 2014
Performed testing on Defibrillators, . Performed MS Office regression testing, Software testing, system testing, system analysis, test planning, test script, Tested through and meticulous approach use cases, User acceptance testing, Ad Hoc testing.
Good place to work.
Technical Support Engineer (Former Employee), Melbourne, FLNovember 25, 2014
Excellent place to work. Great management and coworkers. Exellent benefits and bonuses.
Good Company
Sr. Software Engineer (Current Employee), Foster City, CANovember 19, 2014
Good for healthcare domain.
Management is good
Co-works are good.
Poor on job security
Flexible work schedule
Marketing Consultant (Former Employee), Cherry Hill, NJNovember 12, 2014
A typical day for me was a little different than my core team because I would come in early in efforts to get out in time to pick my child up from daycare. The team was hard working and often spent time working after 5-5:30 pm, however they were understanding that I had other engagements. As long as you had your computer to access work outside of the office there was no question about my work getting completed.The most enjoyable part of the job was the people and friendships that I still hold today. The hardest part was knowing that I was worth more than what I was being compensated especially with a post-graduate degree. With the being said, management was aware of my goals and willing to provide additional work to show that I was capable. I unfortunately had to leave due to my family relocating outside of the area.
Flexible work schedule
Marketing Consultant (Former Employee), Cherry Hill, NJNovember 12, 2014
Philips has good policies and relation with all the employees, Philips is a company worried about the well being of his workers.
Logistics Analyst (Current Employee), Lagoa SantaNovember 10, 2014
Pros: great lunch at company, good location to work.
Cons: many bureaucracy.
A good company to work with space for rest and empoyees interaction during the lunch time, good policies and relation with all the employees, Philips is a company worried about the well being of his workers.
The high level management seems great.
There is no Job Work/Life Balance
Installation Project Manager (Current Employee), ArizonaNovember 7, 2014
My work team is great, the company has great benefits such as tuition reimbursement, fleet vehicle, health benefits, and hard working people.

On the other hand:

* A typical work day is 10 hours or more a day.
* The company lacks lean business processes.

What I learned:

I learned how to manage multiple projects at the same time, keep track of their progress and problems, manage multiple resources to ensure a successful completion of the projects.

The hardest part of the job is to deal with situations which are out of my control, such as FDA or customs product holds, factory delays, or other events that will cause the projects to be cancelled or delayed.

The most enjoyable part of the job is to successfully complete a project and working together with my team to complete each project on time.
Day @ Philips
Customer Service/Zone Admin (Former Employee), Briarcliff Manor, NYNovember 3, 2014
Enjoyed working with all my co-workers
Great team, we were all team players
My direct manager was wonderful to work with, was always there for you.
Great people to work with
Product manager (Former Employee), Andover, MAOctober 28, 2014
Pros: nice compus
Cons: too much layoff
Very nice people, management can be good, can be bad. Management changed a lot in last few years. Make the work place a lot less fun.
Exciting, fun to work for, very challanging
Customer Service Supervisior (Former Employee), Jefferson City TNOctober 27, 2014
Pros: never a dull moment, always a new challange, every customer different situation
Cons: log hours
Learned how to say no to customers but still make them happy, our motto was "yes we have no bananas" We were number one in customer service, would still be working for company had they not outsourced their customer service.
A good company
Electronic Technician II (Former Employee), Bath, NYOctober 25, 2014
Pros: good work
Cons: jobs moving out of country
I enjoyed the work I did at Philips Lighting. There were too many management with too little to do and earning too much money for results produced. Investing good amounts of money to good producing people will produce upward trending results.
Great name in your resume but very politically charged
Consultant (Former Employee), Andover, MAOctober 22, 2014
I never worked for Philips as an employee but twice as a contractor, and from my experience the company is not supportive of the contractors. They are there to be blamed for anything that has gone wrong before you are brought in!

About Philips

Philips is a diversified technology company, focused on improving people’s lives through meaningful innovation in the areas – Read more

Philips Salaries