Philips Employee Reviews

Don't be late!
Medical Imaging Manufacture (Current Employee) –  Aurora, ILApril 13, 2016
The typical day is working highly advanced & sophisticated CT Imaging production facility. You will learn quite a bit about ISO regulation, the higher management is supportive when they have available time and the co-workers are amazing.

The most difficult part of the the job is not making any mistakes on quality documents or production.

The most enjoyable part of the job is the ability for a worker to implement a change or perform a Kaizen for improvement.
Pros
15 paid vacation days and flex time when availible
Cons
Only 5 availible sick days.
technology company that is diverse
Field Engineer (Former Employee) –  Fort Worth, TXApril 12, 2016
job work / life balance is good. technology is mid level but affordable. people are fun, and want to help each other find solutions for technology problems. Many benefit from Philips.
Pros
teamwork
Cons
small US market
Great Technology
Field Engineer (Former Employee) –  Fort Worth, TXApril 10, 2016
Not large share of market. So many activities must be spread out over several states or countries. Good technology, and fun people to work with.
Pros
teamwork to solve problems
Cons
much travel
Clean and professional atmospher
PET (Positronic Emission Tomography (Former Employee) –  Highland Hts, OHApril 4, 2016
Overall very happy to work for the exact job field I have trained for!
Unfortunately I was a contractor and only there for 5 months!
Pros
The prefect field to be in! Medical Devices
Cons
Work slow down per FDA intervention!
A great brand to deal with
Divisional Manager (Former Employee) –  United Arab EmiratesApril 3, 2016
Wonderful work experience I had working with such a powerful brand. Philips in Asia, particularly in Middle East was not strong in Audio/visual market segment during my tenure. I developed Audio/Video market the United Arab Emirates. Had the full support of Philips Holland and Philips Singapore corporate offices. Got recognition from Philips top management for achieving much more than expected target. It was full of fun working with such a strong brand.
Dedicated worker
Bio-Medical Technician III (Current Employee) –  Sault Ste MarieApril 2, 2016
Currently working both end a onsite technician that also does a lot of management work and reports. Currently the one Philips technician onsite. I enjoy the people at the hospital hardest part would be leave a great group of people. The best part of the job is knowing the people appreciate everything you do for them to keep their equipment working.
Pros
the environment
Cons
Philips area management if I had to say anything
Productive Company
Cutomer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Framingham, MA 01702March 24, 2016
Assisting customers with machine,billing and data entry calls. I learned to be patient and listen to what the subscriber needs were. I worked with a great management team. My co-workers were great and we worked well as a department. The moral of he department was not always there so to make matters better I would bake and bring in breads and cupcakes once a month and also do monthly birthdays.
Pros
Great benefits, 3 weeks vacation with hirer date.
Cons
Driving an hour to and from work.
Philips Electronics
SAP PI Technical consultant / Analyst (Former Employee) –  Andover, MAMarch 18, 2016
.Royal Philips of the Netherlands is a diversified technology company, focused on improving people’s lives through meaningful innovation in the areas of Healthcare, Consumer Lifestyle and Lighting. The company is a leader in cardiac care, acute care and home healthcare, energy efficient lighting solutions and new lighting applications, as well as consumer lifestyle products
Overall solid company
National Support Specialist (Current Employee) –  Cleveland, OHMarch 11, 2016
Great people with good business perspective. The engineering groups are well focused and have a solid understanding of the customer needs and can apply new technologies to meet the need. The hardest part of the job is keeping up with the needs of the customers in the constant changing world of technology
Pros
Salary
Cons
Overall a positive place to work
PROCUREMENT ENGINEER / STRATEGIC BUYER (Current Employee) –  Aurora, ILMarch 7, 2016
Very nice benefits, health and dental insurance, time off, etc. Overall a positive place to work. Advanced opportunities are sometimes lacking, but other than that, not many complaints.
Electrical Engineer/Product Development Manager (Current Employee) –  Pewaukee, WIMarch 6, 2016
Great people
Employee caring company
Flexibility,
Many Opportunities
Great benefits
sdfsdfsdfdfssldkjelkdjolsoiekdjba dlfskdoeissssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss
Pros
employee caring company
Cons
can be slow, and boring.
Invivo
Account Manager (Current Employee) –  United StatesFebruary 24, 2016
Market leading products! Overall compensation is high (avg $175k). Company continues to innovate and believes they are far beyond any competition. Also believe hundreds of people are lining up to work for them so be sure you perform because you're on a 1-yr contract every year.
What an honor
Medical Sales - Account Manager (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXFebruary 23, 2016
I miss my Philips family! it is my experience there that will be used as a measuring stick moving forward...

It was nice to know that no one else had a better product even though it had a price tag to match
Pros
It's Philips Healthcare...
Cons
Times are a changing and no one is safe from change
Philips was a grand place to be employed
AED Sales Coordinator - RIDC Park, Pittsburgh (Former Employee) –  RIDC Pgh, Cranberry Twp, home officeFebruary 21, 2016
Philips Medical bought Agilent Technologies which was split from Hewlett Packard... so for 20 years I have been with the same company in a sense that my position and years of service were kept in tact as was my pension, etc. I worked from my home office for the last 6 1/2 years I was employed by Philips Medical. Through all of the twenty years I worked, it was a very rewarding and fulfilling position. I learned many aspects of the business through training and experience. I attended training classes and workshops along with many meetings in several cities which helped enhance my position. I did an excellent job and was well respected by my peers and management. I left only because my position was eliminated along with several others due to a reduction in force which is referred to as an RIF. Leaving was the hardest part of my job..
Pros
Invited to several regional meetings, Attended many training & workships, Coordinated district meetings, Created trade show events, Coordinated hiring, Worked with minimal supervision with trust and integrity
Cons
The only con of this position is that my position was elimated
Hard working work force, people oriented
Operations Manager for AMI (Current Employee) –  Cleveland, OHFebruary 19, 2016
Hard working work force, people oriented. Nice facility and grounds, great industry. Has provided me the opportunity to advance my career.
Pros
Work out facility
Cons
Good
Field Service Engineer III (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAFebruary 16, 2016
Good place to work, would recommend, but not in Philadelphia Region. Would work for Philips again if given the opportunity.
Work schedule at times was very difficult.
Pros
work schedule
Cons
too much ot
PHILIPS is a good global company. The location that I am employed at lack the meaning of team work.
Product Development Engineer (Current Employee) –  San Marcos, TXFebruary 14, 2016
The group of people that I work with are easy going. I have learned a lot from working here. The hard part is the lack of training in many areas of day to day work.
Pros
Good benefits.
Cons
Lack of team spirit and a mindset to motivate each other.
Interesting experience
Quality Engineer (Contractor) (Former Employee) –  Highland Heights, OHFebruary 14, 2016
This was my first opportunity to work on a remediation effort of this scope. It was interesting to participate in the different methodologies required to satisfy the client's needs.
Pros
Good professional atmosphere, great people
Cons
The contract ended
great company
Electrical apprentice (Former Employee) –  Dedham, MAFebruary 9, 2016
learned explosion proof installations at gas stations throughout mass, was all hands on learning and also maintained water treatment substation equipment, most work was all heavy-duty construction. great learning experience
Productive and fun job wih pool table
Customer Care Representative (Current Employee) –  Alpharetta, GAFebruary 8, 2016
A typical day at work is answer phone calls from customers and Field Service Engineers. I learn to work with others in a fact past and high call volume setting. The most enjoy able part of my job is working with my co workers we get along well and do thing outside of work.
Pros
We do team building activities
Cons
schedule change more than normal