Philips

Philips Employer Reviews

A day at Philips
Production Supervisor (Current Employee), Kennesaw, GAJuly 29, 2014
Pros: being a part of the growth of the company
Cons: wanting a more competitive salary
Meet wtih my team first thing in the morning to let them know about daily goals. I may have some supervisor meetings to attend as well. Check with my Group Leader to make sure all product lines have what they need. Discuss any parts issues, notify appropriate parties (eng.,supplier quality...etc.). I have learned to multitask and be diverse in my work – more... area, I have learned that as far as management it is important to communicate to let them know what is going on. The hardest part of my job is when ours vendors are not able to keep us supplied and we fall into backorder and have to play catch up and work overtime. The people are the most enjoyable part, I am a people person. – less
Production Assembly for emergency ballasts
Assistant Supervisor - Wire & Final Assembly (Current Employee), Collierville, TNJuly 25, 2014
Pros: benefit the company provides
Cons: lacking communication skills among management
Starting off the day by getting the employees going by setting there goal for production for the entire shift, assist to any needs of the employees, drive productivity done the lines, monitor to make sure they are doing what they are asked to be done, motivate the employees so the company can deliver great results to their customers while is the overall – more... goal. I've learned that having happy employees results in great deliverables. Hardest part of job is keeping some employees motivated not to give up on themselves. Most enjoyable part of the day is leaving from work knowing that I gave my all in doing what was asked of me and seeing that smile on my boss face when she tells me that she appreciate the hard worker I am. – less
Not a bad gig if you dont mind driving alot.
FIELD SERVICE ENGINEER (Current Employee), New york stateJuly 22, 2014
Pros: flexiable
Cons: alot of travel
Not a bad job if you dont mind traveling alot and working some overtime.
Well respected
Marketing (Current Employee), NortheastJuly 20, 2014
Tons of opportunities, but only if you're willing to work for them. The typical day at work can be very hectic due to the nature of the business. Managers don't have time to micro manage, but will help if necessary.
Comfortable working environment
Order Management Representative (Former Employee), Tupelo, MSJuly 16, 2014
Pros: excellent healthcare package
Cons: poor management in my department
Fast paced, requires energetic personality, organization, co-workers were great to interact with, enjoyed solving problems as this job required problem-solving abilities everyday almost all day.
Professional and fun culture
Quality Monitoring Operations (Current Employee), Alpharetta, GAJuly 16, 2014
Pros: ability to work from home, training capabilities, advancement opprotunities
Management helps develop and achieve your personal and business goals

Co-workers team up to excel

Training opportunities for individual growth
Great company to work for
Field Service Engineer (Former Employee), St. Louis, MOJuly 9, 2014
Great company to work for. The product is fantastic, technical support group and colleagues are always eager to help. Lots of learning opportunities on day to day basis.
Great place to work.
HR Administrator (Current Employee), Framingham, MAJuly 9, 2014
Pros: wonderful atmosphere and co-workers.
Cons: had to adapt to new systems and processes constantly.
I was hired by Lifeline in 2006, and shortly thereafter, Philips acquired Lifeline. When Philips took over, slowly our personal touch with our employees disappeared. I worked in Human Resources with wonderful people, but the changes in policies and processes changed almost daily.
Productive and fun environment
Cardiovascular Clinical Education Specialist (Current Employee), NE USAJuly 9, 2014
Challenging work experiences
Extensive travel requirements
Provressive and supportive culture
A big organization in a highly regulated industry
Business Process Analyst (Current Employee), Cleveland, OHJuly 4, 2014
Philips Healthcare the most profitable section in Philips business portfolio. The Imaging System department is the core to its healthcare business.

Operations in healthcare is fast paced with multiply layers of complexities. It requires cross-function collaboration.
Rotating management decisions creates havoc among team members
Technical Support Engineer (Former Employee), Foster City, CAJuly 2, 2014
The benefits and compensation are great, your job security and advancement opportunities are not.
low stress low performance
East Zone MR Lead Business Manager (Current Employee), Downingtown, paJune 30, 2014
Pros: low key good work life balance low stress
Cons: stuck in 3rd market share and leadership has no idea how to fix this.
I question the leadership and direction of the company. The do not clean house of weak contributors which brings down the whole organization.
Great company
Contracts Manager (Current Employee), Foster City, CAJune 28, 2014
This is a great company to work for. Unfortunately, you need to be in Andover or Seattle for many of the opportunities for advancement. But if you are willing to do move, it's definitely a great company to stay at for years and years.
productive
Assembly Associate (Former Employee), Collierville, TNJune 25, 2014
very business oriented
growing company
well known
caring
very productive
people on most part worked hard our hr dept sucked as did our union
pgs (Former Employee), Bath, NYJune 23, 2014
Pros: not much at all a job to take care of family
Cons: poor management at times and some very lszy people
start at 6:45 to catch op on the prior shift my time as 7:00 was start time then on to machine checks check product run and monitor production sample work during the day. check specks contact shipping dept may do rebuilds machine parts morning or noon meeting then on with all other plant functions.
Great Experience
Medical Sales - Account Manager (Former Employee), Dallas, TXJune 19, 2014
Great company to work for.
Co-workers were team players
Hardest part were answering all of the emails
Client Relations Associate
Client Relations Associate/Admin (Former Employee), Playa Vista, CAJune 19, 2014
This a great company. The fun atmosphere helps build company morale
Productive and enjoyable work space
Buyer/Planner (Current Employee), Melbourne, FLJune 17, 2014
Pros: vacation time
Cons: n/a
Philips Healthcare is a Diverisified company with many offices around the world. Advancement is very hard unless you are either in management or Senior management.
Good all around company
Advanced Development Lab Technician -Supports (Former Employee), Bath, NYJune 12, 2014
Pros: always learning something new
Assisted in new product development, Built prototype lamps, Performed electrical, thermal and photometric measurements of lamps and ballasts per ANSI, Monitored, maintained, and repaired test equipment, Wrote procedures and trained others to operate test equipment, Coordinated pilot runs with production of new products, Provided technical support to – more... production, Cost improvements, Problem solving, Trained operators to make new products
Managed Engineering life tests, Worked 6 months in specifications department. – less
Fast paced sales man oriiented, rewards, good market, great compensation and benefits, great time in my career
Senor Sales Executive/ S (Former Employee), Bothell, WAJune 6, 2014
Pros: great compensation, face pace, great benefits, fun place to work
Cons: high, high pressure.....cost me my marriage because of too much time spent away from home
At Philips I was given the opportunity to rectify an underperforming
territory and turn it into one of the top performing territories in the country. I got to travel around the world on several sales incentive trips . Made many long lasting friendships and was held in the highest esteem by the sales management. I earned $300,000 per year in my pyear – more... and never made below $185;000 per year in every one of my nearly 7 years with the organization . The company changed greatly after (Advanwas ATL it (Advanced Technology Lab was purchased by Philips in 1998. By my last year their in 2003 it was a big corporation . During the next 10 years tremendous parity took over the products in my business . It was not as fun. However I consider those year the best in my career. – less

About Philips

Philips is a diversified health and well-being company, focused on improving people's lives through timely innovations.. With – Read more