Philips Employee Reviews

They can't see the forest from the trees at Philips but other than that, it's a great company.
Technical Consultant (Former Employee) –  RemoteSeptember 5, 2017
Philips outside of the US is a great place to work with a strong company culture. However, inside of the US, they do not have any company culture at all. If you are a "kiss-up" and you talk a good talk, you will go far. They laid off a bunch of people because they outsourced all the jobs to Bangalore. They do not take employee feedback and they have one of the worst performance review systems that I've ever seen. They do pay well and there are some really top-notch employees here.
Pros
Good pay and really good benefits
Cons
they don't invest in their employees and don't promote from within
September 14, 2017

Hello, thanks for taking the time to share your experiences. We're glad to hear that you've been enjoying working for us. Of course, we're always looking to improve the way of working so your feedback is very much appreciated! We wish you all the best in your future career.

Large competitive company
Account Manager Emergency Care and Resuscitation (Former Employee) –  Oklahoma, TXSeptember 5, 2017
Enjoyed working with colleagues that knew the business and were eager to help. Learned to be aggressive. Spent a lot of time on the road and computer programs were a bit clunky.
Pros
Great pay and colleagues
Cons
Difficult IT systems
September 7, 2017

Hello, there. As it's very important to us that our employees are given the opportunity to keep on growing and learning, we're more than happy to hear that you were able to reap the benefits from our investments. We'd like to thank you for your services and we wish you good luck in all that is to come!

Excellent place to Work!
Clinical Applications Specialist (Former Employee) –  Bothell, WASeptember 4, 2017
I had a very positive experience working for Philips as an Ultrasound Applications Specialist. Formerly ATL Ultrasound, Philips bought the company and provided an extremely smooth transition.
Pros
Exceptional Products
September 7, 2017

Hi, thanks for your review. We're delighted to hear your view on the transition from ATL Ultrasound to Philips. Of course, credit should be given where credit is due and it is especially our group of open-minded employees that make it possible. We'd like to thank you for being a part of that and we wish you nothing but the best in your future career.

not a bad place to work but there isn't any room for advancing
Warehouse Worker (Former Employee) –  Mountain Top, PASeptember 4, 2017
Management has their own click. They take care of who they want, would be a great place to work if it wasn't for that . Benefits are good also vacation time
Pros
good people to work with
Cons
management click
September 7, 2017

Hi there, we appreciate you sharing that with us. We're happy to hear that you feel like you were rewarded properly. Of course, there's always room for improvement and we'd like to emphasize that Philips puts effort into creating a transparent organization, from top to bottom. Thanks a lot for your services!

Senior Financial Analyst (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXSeptember 4, 2017
If they had not closed their San Antonio office I would still be there. Great company, management thinks long term with focus on employees. Very focused on being the best and happy employees make great products so that was their focus.
Pros
Everything was great
Cons
Closed San Antonio Office
September 7, 2017

Hello there, thanks for sharing your experience with us. We're more than happy to hear that you support our values and vision and we'd like to thank you on our part for being one of our happy and hardworking employees.

Fun place to work
Sales Administrative Assistant/Credit Associate (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GASeptember 3, 2017
It was an enjoyable place to work. The hours were flexible and I had great bosses. I learned a lot about the different products. The only reason for leaving was because a lot of the departments including my own was being relocated to CT. and I was given a severance package.
Pros
Flexible Hours
September 7, 2017

Hello, thanks for your feedback. It's always nice to also hear from our former employees that they had a good time while working for Philips. Thanks for taking the time to share this with us all! Perhaps your road will cross Philips' again somewhere in the future!

Flexibility
Marketing (Current Employee) –  New JerseySeptember 1, 2017
Company offers flexible schedules and ability to work remote 1 - 2 days / week. People are friendly, hard-working and helpful. Some opportunity for advancement.
September 7, 2017

Hi there, great that you found the time to leave your feedback here. As Philips puts a lot of effort in creating an enjoyable work atmosphere, we find it very nice to hear that it works so well for you. Thanks!

Good company
Officer (Former Employee) –  Paris, TXAugust 31, 2017
I enjoyed my experience here at this company enjoyed my coworkers and the experience and fun I had at this job I got to experience a lot of different scenarios at this facility
September 7, 2017

It's great that you feel this way about your time at Philips and we appreciate it that you're sharing it with us. We're very happy to hear that you were able to reap the rewards from the effort that Philips puts into creating a comfortable work environment.

competent coworkers, terrible revolving door of management
Product Quality engineer (Current Employee) –  Cleveland, OHAugust 30, 2017
coworkers and work performed is engaging and diverse however complex and ever changing processes and incompetent management that changes regularly create a frustrating work environment
Pros
benefits, salary, vacation
Cons
management, work silos, do not promote from within
September 7, 2017

Hi there, thanks for sharing your feedback. It's great to hear that you feel comfortable with your colleagues and the work you're doing. Philips attributes a high value to that. Changes come with the evolvement of the company but we definitely encourage you to reach out to the managing personnel to discuss it with them. Hopefully, we can continue to enjoy your services for Philips for a very long time to come.

Good company
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  United StatesAugust 29, 2017
Philips is a good company that provides many opportunities for advancement. Good culture and the people make the company a great place to work. Philips invests in their people.
August 31, 2017

Thanks for sharing! Indeed, investing in our people to get the best out of them is very important to us. We're happy to hear that you're having a good time.

Fun place to work
Accountant (Former Employee) –  Elkhart, INAugust 27, 2017
Enjoyed working at Philips, it went out of business or I would have continued to stay at Philips. Very nice people to work for and co-workers I have remained close to ever since.
August 31, 2017

Hi there, it's very wonderful that you enjoyed working at Philips. It's nice to hear that you and your co-workers remained close. We wish you all the best!

Too much change
Andover (Current Employee) –  Andover, MAAugust 25, 2017
There is a clear lack of vision and direction. Even if they tell you there r is a plan they change it 6 months later. The only thing that is consistent are constant change and restructuring. Career advancement means having no choice in the type of work you want to do and just being willing to do whatever management says to do, it is helped if you are willing to relocate as well. No jobs in North America are safe as the corporate headquarters truly believes everone in the US is over paid. Also plan on working with below average talent being asked to do tasks well beyond their skill set. Key leaders abuse working from home and their teams pay for it.
Pros
Good health benefits and 401(k), an over abused telecommuting policy.
Cons
Lack of career advancement, no job security, to much change, management lacks soft skills needed in their role, constant cuts have decreased chances to manage people and develops talent
August 31, 2017

Hello there, we appreciate that you took your time to share your thoughts and concerns here. It's quite sad to hear that you're having such an experience. Getting the best out of people is very important to us and we're always looking for ways to improve on that. Thanks for sharing!

Productive work place with gym membership
Subscriber Advocate (Former Employee) –  Framingham, MAAugust 25, 2017
taking inbound calls every day was busy needed to stay at you cubical could cost you a write up by management the work place was diverse which made your job simply when needing an interpeter the most hardest part was staying at your cubicle. the best part of the job was getting incentives reward and recognized for a great job that you did.
Pros
free lunches we received sometimes
Cons
staying at cubicle
August 31, 2017

Thanks for leaving this here! We're happy to hear that you enjoyed your time at Philips. We appreciate your point of view when it comes to the cubicle; know that it won't go unnoticed. Good luck!

Poor management
Sr Director (Former Employee) –  New York areaAugust 25, 2017
Management is arrogant and neglects the market needs. Seem they are all afraid to be visible, and nobody dares to stand up and tell top management that they need to focus on the lighting market needs
Pros
Fair pay, nice colleagues
Cons
Slow, little impact
August 31, 2017

Hi there, having nice colleagues makes it more fun, doesn't it? As for the management: we regret hearing this. We appreciate that you shared your concerns here. Thanks!

Materials Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Cleveland, OHAugust 24, 2017
The work days went quickly and were very busy. Inventory accuracy was a key to Philips success. We had a lot of training of the different procedures within the company. The Management was very educated and tried to make a difference for the company. The culture was a positive attitude and always tried to improve on what they were doing. The hardest part of the job was trying to keep up with the management changes to improve business. The most enjoyable part of the job was the was activities they had to have the employees more educated by having fairs in the parking lot.
Pros
Free lunches, Acafeteria.
Cons
Alot of contractors
August 31, 2017

How wonderful is it to hear that you had such a good time at Philips! We're very happy that you shared this here. Thanks a lot! Good luck!

A growing company
Warehouse Clerk/Forklift Operator (Former Employee) –  Murrysville, PAAugust 24, 2017
Typically you work an 8 hour day, although they often throw-in last minute overtime and make it mandatory. Most of the employees are friendly. Management can be very demanding as they push the assembly lines hard to reach production numbers. The hardest part of the job is keeping up with the fast paced work, faster workers don't take it easy on those that are slower. The benefits that are offered are good. Paid vacations and sick leave are super helpful.
Pros
Good pay, benefits are decent
Cons
Very short breaks, 2nd shift isn't offered cafeteria services and are charged more for pops and snacks.
August 31, 2017

Hello there, good that you decided to share your thoughts here. We can see that it's quite challenging. You might want to make your manager aware if this becomes too much. But it's great to hear that you're happy with the benefits. Thanks for sharing!

Declining comany culture
Factory Order Manager (Current Employee) –  Andover, MAAugust 24, 2017
Philips strives to be a company with high quality but it solely driven by revenue. Employees get pretty good compensation & benefits but the culture is bad and getting worse.
Pros
Compensation and benefite
August 31, 2017

Hi, thanks for leaving your thoughts here. It's sad to hear that you feel like the company culture is declining. We encourage you to discuss this with your manager, as he or she might find ways of improvement.

Entrepreneurial culture
Head of Strategic Alliances (Current Employee) –  Gemeente AmsterdamAugust 17, 2017
Good if you have clear role definition, eg sales, engineering and/or internal strategy function. People are diverse and mission driven. Move to healthtech is transforming how people work. There is some re alignment in roles in the the move to build solutions. It is an opportunity to join a company focused on understanding and proving benefit of digital health solutions in a complex healthcare industry.
August 24, 2017

Hello, it's wonderful to hear that you enjoy working with a group of diverse and ambitious people in a transforming work environment. Thanks for taking the time to share some of your experience with us and for all the work you're doing for us!

Loved this job
Field Service Engineer (Former Employee) –  texasAugust 15, 2017
Loved this job. Wish I could have stayed. I was laid off due to cut backs. Unfortunately there are cut backs every year and you never know if your the next one. I didn't feel save around the same time each year
Pros
Training, they do not cut short of training.
Cons
Job security
August 24, 2017

Hi, we regret hearing that your experience in working for us didn't turn out as you wished it would. We are a company that is evolving and appreciate your feedback as this allows us to improve our services. Thanks for the work you've done for us!

do not wish to comment
Inventory control clerk (Former Employee) –  Gainesville, FLAugust 15, 2017
Medical devise company, who specializes in MRI coils. a dynamic work place. I enjoy being a Manufacturing Supply Technician; but would like to advance in doing something more meaningful.
August 24, 2017

Hi, it sounds like you really enjoyed your job and its dynamic work place especially. That is wonderful to hear and we hope you found what you needed in your current job. Thanks for the work you've done for us and we wish you all the best in your career!

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Philips. Our community is ready to answer.