Philips Employee Reviews

Awesome Company
Field Engineer (Current Employee) –  Colorado Springs, COMay 20, 2016
Pros
Very stable. Long history. Appreciates employees. Great place to work. I have worked with big companies, but by far Philips is the best.

Cons
Thought for a while but could not come up with any cons.

Advice to Management
Keep the focus on the customer. Everything else will follow.
Pros
Very stable. Long history. Appreciates employees. Great place to work.
Cons
Thought for a while but could not come up with any cons.

Comment – September 1, 2016

Wow! Thanks for the kind words. You couldn’t come up with any cons at all? We won’t be offended. ;) We’ll take it as a massive compliment. We are very glad that you like to work for our company. That is the starting point for a successful company, wouldn’t you agree? And we do indeed value our employees. Thanks for being with us and we hope to be a successful match for many more years. Keep up the good work!

Deficient management at all levels
Environmental, Health & Safety Engineer (Current Employee) –  Latham, NYMay 17, 2016
The lack of competent management within the organization, both at a site and corporate level caused confusion, a lack of integrity and the inability to make significant change/ progress.

Hi there colleague,

We appreciate you sharing your concerns with us here. We can understand that the decision-making in our company bothers some. We are a large international company so we have a constant struggle to get things done efficiently between multiple departments. We are aware of this and are trying our best to improve this.

No room for advancment
Ultrasound Repair Technician (Current Employee) –  Bothell, WAMay 16, 2016
Easy going work environment. But, there is very little room for advancement. Moral is always low so there is regualy office parties and events

Hi there.

Thanks for sharing your concerns here. It's a pity to hear that there is little room to develop in your department. As it's our goal to reach our employees full potential. If you are interested to spice up your career, please know that we encourage entrepreneurship. We want our people to try new things, to experiment, to improve the way things are done. For example, each year we run a Business Excellence Competition to generate new ideas from all levels of the organization. We also offer several employee volunteer programs worldwide to support our employees passion for improving lives both on and off the job. You can also always talk to your manager about the desire for advancement. Maybe there is a role waiting for you!

Federal Government Account Speciliast
Customer Relations Specialist - Global AED Team (Current Employee) –  Bothell, WAMay 12, 2016
Fantastic company to work for. Everyone there has a stake in the development and management of the AED's. Hearing one survivor story gives you all the reinforcement and confidence in your job you need.

Comment – September 1, 2016

You’re doing lifesaving work. Literally! We can imagine that it’s very motivating to hear these kinds of comments from survivors of your product and effort. Thanks for writing this review. We appreciate that a lot.

very diverse working environment
assembler (Former Employee) –  Kennesaw, GAMay 1, 2016
Many different learning opportunities and work areas. Very good benefits. always room to grow and expand knowledge of different products within the company.

Comment – September 1, 2016

It means a lot that you recognize these opportunities within our company. We stimulate our employees to constantly learn and develop themselves, in order to grow both personally and professionally. We are happy to read that you are satisfied with the chances and benefits we offer. Thanks for sharing the feedback. Wishing you a lovely day!

Great opportunity
Metro NYC -Clinical Specialist (Former Employee) –  New York, NYApril 24, 2016
Wonderful job, you learn so much and the leadership model is phenomenal. They have a supportive mentorship program that makes training and learning fun, they really care about their employees.
Pros
Cons
A lot of travel
Another satisfied Subscriber!
CUSTOMER SERVICE REPRESENTATIVE (Current Employee) –  Framingham, MAApril 16, 2016
Philips Lifeline has enlighten me about Senior living. I have a new found passion for the Geriatric field. I take inbound calls helping Subscribers, Families and Caregivers with Billing questions, Troubleshooting, Equipment replacements and general product questions. My direct Manager is great and my co-workers are like family. The hardest part of my job is sitting all day and the most enjoyable part of my job is having the Subscribers smile at the end of each call.
Pros
Able to work between current and previous departments, flexible hours.
Cons
Sitting all day.
Don't be late!
Medical Imaging Manufacture (Current Employee) –  Aurora, ILApril 13, 2016
The typical day is working highly advanced & sophisticated CT Imaging production facility. You will learn quite a bit about ISO regulation, the higher management is supportive when they have available time and the co-workers are amazing.

The most difficult part of the the job is not making any mistakes on quality documents or production.

The most enjoyable part of the job is the ability for a worker to implement a change or perform a Kaizen for improvement.
Pros
15 paid vacation days and flex time when availible
Cons
Only 5 availible sick days.
technology company that is diverse
Field Engineer (Former Employee) –  Fort Worth, TXApril 12, 2016
job work / life balance is good. technology is mid level but affordable. people are fun, and want to help each other find solutions for technology problems. Many benefit from Philips.
Pros
teamwork
Cons
small US market
Great Technology
Field Engineer (Former Employee) –  Fort Worth, TXApril 10, 2016
Not large share of market. So many activities must be spread out over several states or countries. Good technology, and fun people to work with.
Pros
teamwork to solve problems
Cons
much travel
Clean and professional atmospher
PET (Positronic Emission Tomography (Former Employee) –  Highland Hts, OHApril 4, 2016
Overall very happy to work for the exact job field I have trained for!
Unfortunately I was a contractor and only there for 5 months!
Pros
The prefect field to be in! Medical Devices
Cons
Work slow down per FDA intervention!
A great brand to deal with
Divisional Manager (Former Employee) –  United Arab EmiratesApril 3, 2016
Wonderful work experience I had working with such a powerful brand. Philips in Asia, particularly in Middle East was not strong in Audio/visual market segment during my tenure. I developed Audio/Video market the United Arab Emirates. Had the full support of Philips Holland and Philips Singapore corporate offices. Got recognition from Philips top management for achieving much more than expected target. It was full of fun working with such a strong brand.
Dedicated worker
Bio-Medical Technician III (Current Employee) –  Sault Ste MarieApril 2, 2016
Currently working both end a onsite technician that also does a lot of management work and reports. Currently the one Philips technician onsite. I enjoy the people at the hospital hardest part would be leave a great group of people. The best part of the job is knowing the people appreciate everything you do for them to keep their equipment working.
Pros
the environment
Cons
Philips area management if I had to say anything
Productive Company
Cutomer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Framingham, MA 01702March 24, 2016
Assisting customers with machine,billing and data entry calls. I learned to be patient and listen to what the subscriber needs were. I worked with a great management team. My co-workers were great and we worked well as a department. The moral of he department was not always there so to make matters better I would bake and bring in breads and cupcakes once a month and also do monthly birthdays.
Pros
Great benefits, 3 weeks vacation with hirer date.
Cons
Driving an hour to and from work.
Philips Electronics
SAP PI Technical consultant / Analyst (Former Employee) –  Andover, MAMarch 18, 2016
.Royal Philips of the Netherlands is a diversified technology company, focused on improving people’s lives through meaningful innovation in the areas of Healthcare, Consumer Lifestyle and Lighting. The company is a leader in cardiac care, acute care and home healthcare, energy efficient lighting solutions and new lighting applications, as well as consumer lifestyle products
Overall solid company
National Support Specialist (Current Employee) –  Cleveland, OHMarch 11, 2016
Great people with good business perspective. The engineering groups are well focused and have a solid understanding of the customer needs and can apply new technologies to meet the need. The hardest part of the job is keeping up with the needs of the customers in the constant changing world of technology
Pros
Salary
Cons
Overall a positive place to work
PROCUREMENT ENGINEER / STRATEGIC BUYER (Current Employee) –  Aurora, ILMarch 7, 2016
Very nice benefits, health and dental insurance, time off, etc. Overall a positive place to work. Advanced opportunities are sometimes lacking, but other than that, not many complaints.
Electrical Engineer/Product Development Manager (Current Employee) –  Pewaukee, WIMarch 6, 2016
Great people
Employee caring company
Flexibility,
Many Opportunities
Great benefits
sdfsdfsdfdfssldkjelkdjolsoiekdjba dlfskdoeissssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss
Pros
employee caring company
Cons
can be slow, and boring.
Invivo
Account Manager (Current Employee) –  United StatesFebruary 24, 2016
Market leading products! Overall compensation is high (avg $175k). Company continues to innovate and believes they are far beyond any competition. Also believe hundreds of people are lining up to work for them so be sure you perform because you're on a 1-yr contract every year.
What an honor
Medical Sales - Account Manager (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXFebruary 23, 2016
I miss my Philips family! it is my experience there that will be used as a measuring stick moving forward...

It was nice to know that no one else had a better product even though it had a price tag to match
Pros
It's Philips Healthcare...
Cons
Times are a changing and no one is safe from change