Philips

Philips Employee Reviews

No work life balance just schedule
Lead Developer (Former Employee), Palm Bay, FLJanuary 27, 2015
Pros: can't think of any
Cons: quality for a mdeical device doesn't mean anything
Philips could be a great company if management gave it back to R&D. Currently schedule and stock price are the only things that matter. Upper management should listen to the employees and provide middle management with an appropriate direction.
I enjoyed working here
Internship (Former Employee), Rosemont, IlJanuary 27, 2015
Very good environment to work with and very supportive supervisors.
Productive and fun place to work
Customer Care Manager (Former Employee), Framingham, MAJanuary 26, 2015
Philips is a great place to strike a work and life balance. However, they need to provide a focus on acquiring and maintaining customers.
Exposure to Java,swings,Hibernate
Informatica Developer (Former Employee), NetherlandsJanuary 23, 2015
i learnt java,gathering and analysing the requirements, giving customer demos, designing the pages for project, worked on databases. Management was good. Hardest part of job was shifts and the enjoable part was doing coding.
Excellent Work Place
Customer Service Representative Manager (Former Employee), Framingham, MAJanuary 22, 2015
Pros: helping people, making a different and having nice co workers
Cons: short lunch
A typical day at work for me, starts off when I arrive at work at least 1 hour before my shift starts. To make sure that they office is clean and to make sure that everything is properly working. Then I grab a cup of coffee and start my day. Through out the day I try to take as little break time as possible. I don't believe in wasting time while at work, I have an excellent work ethic. But I will say that the most enjoyable part of my day is getting a good review from a customer or coworker because it make to feel proud that I am doing a good job and it's not about any rewards or anything. But I just like knowing that I make a change...
Productive workplace
Personal Response Associate (Current Employee), Framingham, MAJanuary 21, 2015
Pros: good co-workers
Cons: strict breaks
Taking about 35 calls back to back
Learned great customer service skills
Great Management team
Great co-workers
Hardest part of job is sitting there taking back to back calls
Most enjoyable time of job is when on task doing diiferent things then taking calls
Productive, Flexible and love working enviornment
Scrum Test Lead (Current Employee), Alpharetta, GAJanuary 20, 2015
Pros: everything
Cons: n/a
Productive, Flexible and love working environment.
Co-workers are supportive and awesome!!
Management is super and understanding
work and personal life is very well balanced
Awesome culture and brand presence
Field Service Support Manager, North America (Current Employee), Rosemont, ILJanuary 20, 2015
Pros: close knit roster
Cons: the organization is moving towards an outsourced model.
I have been employed at Philips Lighting for most of my working life and haven't regretted a minute. Philips Lighting has provided me with opportunity to learn, grow as a person and as a manager. My team and I motivate each other, embrace new ideas and change, and support each other.

The most enjoyable part of my job is training my employees to become people that can move into any role anywhere but treat them in a way that makes them want to stay. That is so very rewarding.
Philips is a great place to work
Patient Monitoring Service Sales Specialist (Former Employee), Andover, MAJanuary 19, 2015
Pros: they are an excellent company to work for
Cons: there are none
I sold the service contracts for Medical equipment. I either did this over the phone or in person. Traveling all the time. Finding a solution that would work the customer. The pay and benefits are excellent. Management is very good. You are rewarded for your hard work.
Upbeat Work
Material Coordinator (Former Employee), Milroy, PAJanuary 19, 2015
Pros: paid lunch breaks, vending machines with good food, enjoyable/happy co-workers
Philip's Ultrasound was a fun, hard working environment where all the co-workers enjoyed working with one another. The job experience was enlightening. The hardest part of the job was being fast but completely efficient, the floor could not receive the wrong parts from the stock room.. I learned everything very fast and was extremely good at my job. All my co-workers enjoyed my company and said i was a pleasure to work with.
Ability to work from home
Market research (Former Employee), Somerset, NJJanuary 16, 2015
Pros: ability to work from home
Cons: position was not permanent
My manager was excellent and the position was interesting .
A place to start off.
Subject Matter Expert (Former Employee), Anderson, INJanuary 13, 2015
Pros: great management
Cons: not enough growth
I enjoyed this place, and the fact that I excelled so well I knew I could do more.
Management is lost with no clear direction
New Product Introduction Engineer (NPI) (Current Employee), San Marcos, TXJanuary 13, 2015
This is truly a case were there are too many chiefs, not enough Indians. management is working on their own individual goals and none of them are aligned with each other or the overall goals of the business. no one is ever released. when you continuously fail at your job, you are simply moved from one managment position to another.
Fantastic place to work
Document Control Specialist/Database Coordinator (Current Employee), Melbourne, FLJanuary 12, 2015
Pros: benefits, retirement package, tution reemurement
Cons: parent facility sets unrealistic goals
I worked for this company for about 9 years. I started out as a file clerk and moved up to document control specialist and then to database coordinator. My direct manager always pushed me in order to better myself. I had great opportunities presented to me to further my education. She was always willing to help me and teach me things that I wasn't familiar with. I honestly don't have one bad thing to say about the facility i worked at. I am very appreciative of the management as well as all of the colleagues that i uncounted on a day to day basis.
Production associate/Line lead (Former Employee), San Marcos, TXJanuary 6, 2015
I could wake up every morning and be ready to go to work at Philips.. I manage to lead a total of 10 co-workers and to keep them happy and satisfied... We did manage to work as a team and the hardest part was keeping the company satisfied with our work.. It was basically a competition on making our customers happy..
it is a great place to work
Software Engineer Intern (Former Employee), Briarcliff Manor, NYJanuary 5, 2015
The only bad thing is that it has too much meetings. And all of rest if pretty good
warehouse inventory
warehouse associate/ inventory control (Current Employee), Highland Heights, OHJanuary 5, 2015
i stock in parts make sure the assembly lines are stocked for the assemblers
Big corporate mentality. Access to all kinds of goal reaching
Marketing Manager (Former Employee), Bothell, WAJanuary 4, 2015
Pros: higher education provided. seminars, training continually provided
Cons: job security.
This position requires focus and research to keep up to date as medical imaging changes constantly. My education was continually being updated, advanced. The people I worked with are exemplary! The hardest part of the job is leaving them as they are more like family. The most enjoyable part of the job is watching and being a part of my Team's growth and advancement. The position requires much reporting and structure, yet I was able to provide flexibility for each and every one. My reward was having the knowledge and security that my Team never defaulted in any way. They are the true definition of Team Players, professionally and personally.
Quality place to work
Quality Specialist (Current Employee), Andover, MADecember 22, 2014
Philips has a general concern for their consumers as well as their own employees. It is a refreshing change of pace from the normal attitude most large companies have. I have recommended many family and friends here and would continue to do so in the future. There are also opportunities for growth and development.
Great Career Overall I am satisfied with my career at Philips
Field Service Engineer (Current Employee), United StatesDecember 20, 2014
Pros: the work is very interesting and satisfying
Cons: they are in a constant state of change.
The work is very interesting and satisfying. The people are great to work with.

Management has deteriorated recently, especially middle management. The focus is on reporting numbers without regard for the cost.

The work environment for Field Service Engineers is not good. Morale is very low.

About Philips

Philips is a diversified technology company, focused on improving people’s lives through meaningful innovation in the areas – Read more

Philips Salaries