Philips Employee Reviews

Hard work and lots of travel.
CV Ed specialist (Former Employee) –  Bothell, WAAugust 13, 2017
Good for those who love to travel a lot. Be careful of what job requirements are as they tend to not be what you signed up for. Everything is sales even if you were not brought on as sales or have little experience.
August 24, 2017

Hello, thank you for sharing some of your experiences as a former CV Ed Specialist with us. Your feedback is much appreciated.

good.
Senior Manager (Former Employee) –  Alpharetta, GAAugust 13, 2017
Great company, great people, great opportunities, I would like to go back to work if there is opportunity. People are very nice, work and life balance..
August 24, 2017

Great feedback! :) Thank you for your kind words and for all the work you've done for us as a Senior Manager. Perhaps our paths will cross again in future and we wish you all the best in your career.

Company Preparing to Sell
Acting Senior Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Framingham, MAAugust 11, 2017
Don't bother working there, they are constantly downsizing and preparing to sell. The atmosphere is toxic because over 30% of the employees were let go this year. Not worth your time. Used to be amazing.
August 24, 2017

Hi, we regret hearing that your experience in working for us wasn't an overall positive one and we appreciate you sharing some of your thoughts with us. We wish you all the best in your future career.

Managment is very questionable as to some of their in-house methods
Warehouse/Shipping Manager (Current Employee) –  Dallas, TX 75238August 9, 2017
Management has created a terrible lackluster culture and refuses to fix the roots of problems instead focuses on patching the problems. Every department head blames another department head for certain in-house problems.
August 24, 2017

Hi there, we're sorry to hear that the atmosphere is not great at the moment and appreciate the candid feedback. We would like to encourage you talk to your line manager to see what changes can be made. Thanks again for your input, this will allow us to improve our services as well.

excellent company to work for
Office Manager (Former Employee) –  Chester, SCAugust 9, 2017
Philips was a great employer. Unfortunately the company closed in 2009. Lots of phone duty, busy work, management was helpful, enjoyed working with customers.
August 24, 2017

Hi, thanks for sharing some of your experiences with us. We always appreciate the feedback and want to thank you for all the work you've done for us. We wish you all the best in your future career!

Productive work place
Personal Response Associate (Current Employee) –  Framingham, MAAugust 8, 2017
Answering inbound calls, room to grow within the company, friendly, caring, on site training, flexibility, its a wonderful company, I'm looking for a change of career.
August 10, 2017

We like hearing you recognize the opportunities to grow within our company! We hope to provide a path towards the career you desire. :) Thanks for sharing and we appreciate your hard work!

Productive and Enjoyable Work Environment
Senior Quality Consultant (Current Employee) –  Andover, MAAugust 7, 2017
Have enjoyed working at Philips Medical Systems. Encouraging managers, great colleagues and lots of professional challenges. Lots of very bright people to work with. Lots of opportunity. Beautiful campus in Andover, MA.
Pros
Culture, work environment
Cons
No security as a contractor
August 10, 2017

Thanks for sharing this. A pleasant working environment is very important we believe! We hope you feel the possibility to develop yourself professionally as well as personally. Wishing you a good day and thanks again for the feedback.

Good company - management can be better
Demand Planner (Former Employee) –  Somerset, NJAugust 3, 2017
Stressful company to work for unfortunately. Good people but upper management stresses employees a great deal. The environment is stressful from the first day and turns out to be a nightmare as the months progresses and everybody points fingers at each other
August 10, 2017

That doesn't sound very pleasant, unfortunately. Sorry to hear your time working at our brand hasn't been the best! We hope you found another job that better fits you in the meantime.

great place to work for
Staff Engineer (Former Employee) –  Mountain View, CAJuly 31, 2017
Phillips is a great place and culture to work for. As a group, we work very well together and with a family atmosphere. Very flexible schedule and no micro management style.
August 3, 2017

Hi there, good to hear that you had an environment that provided a family atmosphere. Thanks for sharing your experience on this platform. Good luck in everything that is to come!

nice
SalesForce Administrator/Developer (Former Employee) –  Pittsburgh, PAJuly 28, 2017
working in that company gave me a great confidence.i learnt a lot by developing some of the tasks .i love that place.now i ca overcum any of the issues that gave me much confidence
August 3, 2017

Happy to hear that working at Philips gave your confidence a great boost. We wish you all the best with putting that confidence into action in your further career.

Great Pay, easy work
Human Resource Intern (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLJuly 26, 2017
My time there was as a intern. Expectations were not high, but pay was great. I would have hoped it be more challenging than it actually was, but great networking and experiences.
August 3, 2017

Thanks for sharing your valuable opinion. We do stand for a working environment that gets the best out of our employees, so thanks for making us aware. Great to hear about the networking opportunities and experiences you got out of your internship.

Challaging every day
Material planner (Former Employee) –  Highland Hts, OHJuly 25, 2017
Need to be able to multi task to be successful .Many regulations need to follow for FDA Need to work with all supporting departments such as Quality ,purchasing ad engineering.
July 27, 2017

Hi there. We appreciate your review on our company. We hope you had a lovely time and learned a lot. We wish you all the best in your career.

Supervisor (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXJuly 24, 2017
One of the my joys of working in the semiconductor industry is working along side with such brilliant minds! The wealth of knowledge and leadership was evident in our ability to continually exceed expectations through continues improvement.
July 27, 2017

Always make sure to be surrounded by smart people! :) Good to hear about your positive experiences working for Philips and thanks for sharing.

always learning
Computed Tomography Technician (Current Employee) –  Highland Heights, OHJuly 21, 2017
Hardest part of the job was coming off the street never working on CT equipment. It took a 1yr to get comfortable with the equipment. I love troubleshooting problems on the system. Keep your mind thinking.. I have been at Philips for 9 yrs and im still learning new problem.
Pros
pay
Cons
closing department
July 27, 2017

Thanks for being with us for 9 years already, we appreciate your efforts for our company. Good to hear you're still learning! We encourage the constant search for new knowledge. :)

IT Senior Management are generally approachable and supportive. Global positions require extensive work hours.
Global Sourcing Specialist IT (Former Employee) –  Andover, MAJuly 21, 2017
Forward thinking company offering current IT personal computing technology. Fast moving projects which are central focus of IT which then get stalled. Frustrating that intense work efforts are invested only to have priorities shift.
Pros
Informative Sr Management
Cons
Long hours for those in Global positions.
July 27, 2017

Thanks for describing our company from an IT perspective! That's insightful. Thanks for sharing and good luck in your future professional adventures.

Enjoyed working for Philips and everything I learned
Velocity Call Center Representative (Former Employee) –  Framingham, MAJuly 20, 2017
A typical day in the call center is handling incoming and outgoing calls in a fast paced environment where customers either need help or they are just testing their equipment.
Customer Service Department is handling billing issues, resolving customer service complaints, and working on assigned projects.
The culture is friendly, but there are employees who are difficult to work with.
They have done a major outsource of the call center and customer service department to Arizona and Canada.
However, I gained an enormous amount of experience from there, was able to work a very flexible schedule, and met a lot of wonderful people.
July 27, 2017

Thanks for describing the work you did for our brand. We can imagine working for customer service is a fast-paced environment! Good to hear you gained experience and that you've learned a lot. We wish you in the best in your career.

One of the best and fun job in technology!
Administrative Assistant & Events Specialist (Former Employee) –  Sunnyvale, CAJuly 20, 2017
It was fun and rewarding position. I was able to learn, interact with various group due to the nature of the business as part of Shared Services that catered to various divisions plus excellent manager!
Pros
Fun place to work for!
Cons
It ended
July 27, 2017

The "con" you mentioned says enough! It's great to hear you loved working for our brand. We appreciate the enthusiasm.

Good benefits
Coordinator (Former Employee) –  New JerseyJuly 17, 2017
no properly staffed
workload not proportionate to pay
no bonuses
likes to assign projects and not give credit
skeleton crew for holidays
worked to the bones
Pros
good benefits
Cons
poor management
July 20, 2017

Thanks for sharing your working experiences with us. I regret hearing that you were having difficulties with the amount of work you had to do. A good work-life balance is highly valued by Philips and we're continuously trying new things to make improvements. I'm happy to see that you feel like you reaped the benefits of it, though.

Worst job and company for me---medical sales
General Imaging Specialist (Former Employee) –  Delaware, NJJuly 17, 2017
Philips is a mess as a company. No C level relationships, they live in the dark ages.

Business is done at the top NOT at the end user level any longer.
July 20, 2017

We're sorry to hear that you feel like you were not being heard, as we think it's highly important that all of our employees are an equal part of the team. Your feedback helps us keep becoming better, so we'd like to thank you for that.

Productive place to work at.
Response Center Associate (Former Employee) –  Framingham, MAJuly 10, 2017
Working at philips lifeline has been a great experience. They have good benefits and you can use them as soon as you start working. The environment is safe and people are always willing to help.
Pros
Great lunches
Cons
Reduction of employees kept happening.
July 13, 2017

Hi there, we're very happy to hear that you had such a great experience while working for us! With great lunches on top of that:) Thank you for sharing some of your thoughts with us and we wish you all the best in your future career.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Philips. Our community is ready to answer.