Philips Employee Reviews in United States

Medical device expertise for safety
Verification and Validation Engineer (Former Employee) –  Framingham, MASeptember 14, 2015
Platform to develop and learn for medical device configuration and challenges for automating medical data to central server. Learned technical knowledge useful for medical strength and safety for human life.
Good place to work flexible and family oriented
Technical Writer (Current Employee) –  Highland Heights, OHAugust 28, 2015
Interface with SMEs on various equipment being produced at Philips. The customer service department and related engineering work well to develop cutting edge healthcare products. Learned a lot about how this highly regulated industry works.
great place to work
Field Service Engineer for Ultrasound and PACS (Current Employee) –  Markham, ONOctober 7, 2015
enjoy working for the company great staff and colleagues. Products line if great. Company willing to help you learn other technologies by providing you training.
Good place to work and learn
Supplier Quality Engineer (Current Employee) –  Bothell, WAJune 23, 2015
There is a culture of respect for engineering and business in Philips which has been created through a century of company existence. Lots of fun opportunities with engineering, manufacturing, innovation and new technologies, for whoever enjoys these.

Slow for change (always there is a change but not a real change) and conservative for reengineering the business processes. Complicated processes & requirements with no value and lots of costs.
Productive and fun place to work
Service/Tier 1 Support Manager (Former Employee) –  Andover, MAOctober 2, 2015
The company offers a job/work balance environment with great compensation benefits. Awesome colleagues, and excellent management support teams, great mentors.
Learned alot from mamagement
Customer Logistics Officer (Former Employee) –  El Paso, TXOctober 7, 2015
The most enjoyable part of the job was working alongside my colleagues and learning from them. Fun work place with supportive management.
Pros
TV's in the break rooms
Still working through changes
Sales Specialist (Former Employee) –  Andover, MANovember 3, 2015
Excellent team and co-workers.
Management is still working through some tough re-alignment challenges.
Understaffed in many areas
Perpetual Unorganized Change
Sr. Key Account Manager (Current Employee) –  RemoteNovember 6, 2015
Lack of focus within day to day, short term and long range processes. Constant customer 'pain' as a result of perpetual change.
Great Benefits and Work Life Balance
Sales & Marketing (Current Employee) –  Bothell, WAJune 16, 2015
Philips offers great benefits and a strong understanding of work-life balance, but management quality varies greatly depending on the area that you work and there is too much internal politics. It is also very difficult to work your way up in the company unless you have a high level manager that is willing to help you move. My co-workers have all been great. Overall this is a great place to work, but in order to move up, I feel I may need to look outside the company.
Pros
3 weeks paid vacation plus sick leave, competitive salary, nice campus
Cons
Hard to advance, corporate culture lacking.
Great Culture, Nice People
MBA Marketing Consultant (Current Employee) –  Seattle, WAAugust 28, 2015
Amazing work environment and great people to work with. Worked with the company on a consultant project for 3 months and had a fun time working there. Everyone is helpful and everyone wants to make an impact in the world.
Great place for a short time
Tradeshow Event Coordinator (Former Employee) –  San Jose, CAJuly 18, 2015
Unfortunately I was only there a short while so I cannot give a huge overview. In the time I was there the culture was great, people were fun to work with, but change was in the midst. I left prior to the acquisition...
Pros
Flexible schedules
Cons
Large Workloads due to downsize efforts made by the company
Productive and fun to work
Software Development Engineer Intern (Current Employee) –  Bothell, WASeptember 20, 2015
It is such a fun to work in Philips Healthcare as Software Development intern since it has provided me with an opportunity to contribute directly to human life.
Rewarding, but fast paced place to work!
Clinical Education Implementation Lead (Current Employee) –  Bothell, WAAugust 25, 2015
Philips is a great company, we are very busy and fast paced. Our number one focus is on our customers! We strive to be number one in our customers eyes and meet their goals and expectations.
Good Dutchcompany, Poor American management
Supplier Quality Engineer (Current Employee) –  Somerset NJJune 10, 2015
Philips is a great company with a good culture and great benefits... if you work in the Netherlands. The American management team neither understands nor cares about the company culture in other regions. Most higher level positions go to external candidates.
Pros
Good Benefits, work/life balance
Cons
Domestic culture, poor job security, management
Good company to work for. Managers seem to be interested in employees.
Biomedical Technician II (Current Employee) –  Montgomery, ALJuly 5, 2015
Great co-workers and environment. I enjoy learning new things on a daily basis. Managers encourage you to get more education within and outside of company.
Pros
Good benefits, pay.
Cons
Hard to move up. Seems you need to know someone to branch out in other areas.
Great work environment
Account Manager (Former Employee) –  Stamford, CTOctober 13, 2015
I loved my colleagues here. There is an extremely high call volume and I believe I gained a great deal of experience by working here.
Great Place
MRI Coil Mechanical Design Engineer II (Current Employee) –  Pewaukee, WIAugust 23, 2015
Great place to work. Highly motivated team. Collaborative network with suppliers and great project management.

• Responsible for the design and redesign of new or existing MRI breast, Shoulder and Wrist coils
• Responsible for full documentation control such as building DMR/DHF
• Responsible for ordering quality and cheap mechanical parts needed for the design of coil
• Responsible for communicating with manufacturing, production, quality and purchasing in every design project
• Responsible for ensuring the best quality of the design
• Responsible for meeting deadlines and team work
• Works closely with Electrical Engineers and Technicians when designing MRI Coils
• Ensure Electrical Engineering design meets standards to be able to move along with the Mechanical Design
• Material requisition investigation is mandatory for every mechanical or electrical parts involved when developing a new design
• Works closely with Director of Engineering and documentation control supervisor
Great Place to Work
Marketing Representative (Current Employee) –  Interventional Marketing Bothell WAJuly 10, 2015
I have enjoyed working for Philips Healthcare and Consumer Life Style. Being part of a company who is committed to changing people’s lives, makes everyone feel like they are making a difference.
Pros
Innovation
Cons
Limited growth opportunities.
Good stable company to work for
Commodity Senior Manager (Current Employee) –  Cleveland, OHMay 22, 2015
it is a great organization to work for, very slow in doing changes and stable in most aspects. have been going through a big transformation, that by the nature of the organization, will take long long time to finalize.
Pros
Salary, compensation, work enviroment
Cons
Big slow elephant, too many silos they call business units
DO NOT work in the Kennesaw GA plant
Family member of workers (Former Employee) –  Kennesaw, GAMay 11, 2015
Do not work at this plant unless you are a "good ol' boy" yes man. If you can drink the kool aid, not think for yourself, and brown nose, this is the place for you; otherwise, stay away. I have had two family members who had horrible experiences at this plant, and there are different rules for different people, esp. depending on which shift you work. Upper management has its favorites, and if you aren't one of them, watch your back and don't trust anyone--especially those who seem interested in what you have to say.

I do hear that Philips is a good company and that other facilities have good work environments; however, I find it hard to believe knowing about the atmosphere at Kennesaw; employees have called the coorporate hotline to report happenings, but nothing ever changes.
Pros
You do get your paycheck.
Cons
Everything else.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Philips. Our community is ready to answer.