Philips Employee Reviews

productive and fun work enviroment
Warehouse Specialist (Former Employee) –  Carlsbad, CAJanuary 17, 2017
This is a great company to learn various warehouse experience in the healthcare device company. I have learned many different aspect of the warehousing roll including Material Handler, Shipping, Receiving, Inventory control, and RMA
Pros
Quarterly bonus
Cons
Poor Warehouse Management
January 26, 2017

Thanks for taking the time to share some of your opinions regarding us as an employer.

It’s great to hear that you have enjoyed working with us and have gained experience in our sector. It’s also good to hear that you’ve enjoyed different benefits that we do offer as a company.

We wish you the best!

Productive and fun palce to work
TSSC Lead Buyer (Former Employee) –  Chandler, AZJanuary 16, 2017
Started TSSC to support all US non-direct purchases. Trained on several MRP systems. Management support provided as required for service, equipment etc.
Pros
Productive place to work
Cons
demanding
March 16, 2017

Thanks for leaving us a review as well as for your productivity whilst working for us! I'd like to wish you the best in your current career.

more with less
Senior Field Service Engineer (Former Employee) –  Pittsburgh, PAJanuary 10, 2017
more with less. they were not replacing the people that were leaving.
You could end up working late because of the lack of man power many a days.
Pros
I enjoyed working with the customers.
Cons
more with less. you could no longer focus on the customer but rush out to the next call.
March 9, 2017

Thanks for your review. We do appreciate your feedback and that you share your concerns. We would always do our best to provide a good work/life balance. If you do feel this is lacking we would always advise to talk this over with managment, to see how work pressure could be alleviated.

We do wish you the best in all your future endeavors.

Good work place, poor communication
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Framingham, MAJanuary 7, 2017
The company is great to work for. Very much a family environment. Each department does have a lot of issues communication with each other
March 16, 2017

Thanks for your feedback. We'd like to encourage you to talk about this with your managing personnel, especially if you have ideas how certain parts of communication could be done better. We appreciate your input!

Good people to work around
Master Electrician (Current Employee) –  Madison, INJanuary 6, 2017
I love the work I do. I have worked there for 11 yrs now. My employer has been very ill for most of time worked for him, but has gotten a lot worse. We are payed as subcontractors but we are employees No benefits
Pros
great people to work around.
Cons
No benefits
January 26, 2017

Thanks for taking the time to provide some feedback.

It’s absolutely great to hear that you’ve been with us for such a long time already. 11 full years is nothing to sneeze at. We are definitely grateful for your loyalty and hard work over the years.

We do think hard work should be rewarded properly. Please do feel free to talk to your managing personal about this. We can’t make any promises of course, but it’s definitely worth trying.

Last but not least, we’re very glad to hear that you love the people around you that you work with. The culture in the working environment is very important, and it’s just great to hear that your team gets along that well. This definitely helps a lot during the unfortunate circumstances surrounding your employer. We do hope for a speedy and good recovery for him/her.

An extremely innovative technological company that is customer and employee focused.
Site Administrator (Current Employee) –  Rockford, ILJanuary 5, 2017
An excellent company to work for. All the powers-that-be were extremely supportive and I worked with a great team. We all worked hard, but we had a lot of laughs in between.
January 26, 2017

Thanks for the kind words! It’s amazing to hear that you had a great time during hard work as well. We always hope to provide a nice working environment which makes everyone happy, as well as to cater to being productive.

Okay company
Warehouse Worker (Current Employee) –  GAJanuary 5, 2017
It's a very confusing Company to work for. Very disorganized and management is very difficult work with. They take off too many days of the week so you don't using work a full 40 hours a week.
January 26, 2017

Hi there, thanks for your feedback.

The way you describe it, it sounds like there could be some improvements. We would encourage you to share this with members in your team, especially if you also have ideas on how to improve on your points of feedback.

Good luck and have a nice day.

Blue Chip company
Patient Care Account Manager (Current Employee) –  Lexington, SCJanuary 5, 2017
Philips is a great place to work. Compensation is above industry standard. Expectations are high & sales cycle is long. Having Philips customers in proposed territory is a MUST!!!
Pros
Excellent support system
Cons
most expensive in market
January 26, 2017

Thank you for letting us in on your experience. It’s great to hear that you find the job to be interesting and that you love working for us. It’s nice to hear you enjoy the benefits that come with the job, like the salary.

We would like to encourage talking to your acquaintances, friends and family about us as an employer as well, as we're always looking for fresh talent to take part in our mission of meaningful innovation in different sectors.

An awesome place to work.
CAD Drafter (Former Employee) –  San Marcos, TX 78666January 3, 2017
Worked with Solidworks almost every day, which I love. Learned to use SAP, to link drawings to documents and BOMs. Learned to create installation instruction sheets. My boss was awesome, very fair. The people are awesome and very helpful. The people made the job great.
Pros
Close to home.
Cons
I was a temp, no benefits.
January 26, 2017

Thank you for the solid review! It’s great to hear that you’ve been able to do the work you enjoy doing most, and most likely are greatly talented in as well.

It's unfortunate to hear that you've been with us on temporary basis, as you do sound very passionate about what you do, which is what we love!

Thanks for being a part of the innovation and the nice work culture in your office. We wish you the best in your career from here on. And who know? Maybe our paths will cross again in the future. :)

Great people to work with
Cardiology Account Manager (Current Employee) –  NYC metropolitan areaDecember 21, 2016
Philips is a great environment to work, grow and win!
There is opportunity to excel, and an opportunity to build a future.
Great products and strong management team.
Pros
Opportunity
Cons
Large company
December 30, 2016

Hi there, thank you for your review! Great to see you’re currently rating your position at us with 5 out of 5 stars. While we understand that the large size of our company can bring forward some challenges, we hope that you’ll mainly benefit from the opportunities and chances the size of our company offers. We have teams and offices all around the globe. We hope that together with us you’ll grow from the many opportunities we offer you to excel, and that you’re working towards a great future within our company.

fast moving company to work for
DXR Instructor Philips CTC (Former Employee) –  Cleveland, OHDecember 14, 2016
A fun place to work as I had interactions with people from all parts of the world. management of the company is not a micromanagement style rather it is a free thinking place to work
Pros
good balance of work to family life
December 30, 2016

Hi there. First of all we’d like to thank you for taking the time to review your position within Philips. A good work-life balance is very important, that is something we value very much. We therefore love to read that this is something you see as a ‘pro’ from your position! We wish you all the best in the rest of your professional career.

Great Place to work
Administrative Assistant (Current Employee) –  Montgomery, ALDecember 10, 2016
Philips is a great place to work with great benefits. They are very flexible with work life, and they don't micro manage you. I love working for this company.
Pros
Not being micro managed
Cons
No boss on site
December 22, 2016

It’s great to hear you love your job so much! That means a lot to us for sure. Please don’t be hesitant to share your experience with us as a company with your circle of acquaintances, we’re always looking for bright people to join our organization.

Innovative Work
Manager BI Solutions (Current Employee) –  Alpharetta, GADecember 7, 2016
Philips Health Tech is a innovative work environment, Open for new ideas and innovative ideas from co-workers. Lean methodology was introduced for last 3 years, and activity followed by every employee in the organization
December 22, 2016

Great to hear that you’re experiencing the work in this sector like that. That’s the spirit that helps us to be at the forefront constantly! It’s amazing that it is such a collaborative effort. And if you know any acquaintances that might like to help out on our mission as well, please do talk to them about that. We’re always searching!

was just laid off
Personal Response Associate (Former Employee) –  Framingham, MADecember 6, 2016
The company treats people like robots and just currently laid off mass numbers of people who have spent years devoting their lives to saving other people.
Pros
salary, benefits
Cons
call center environment, instability within the company
Great company
Quotations Specialist (Former Employee) –  Somerset, NJNovember 23, 2016
Great people help make a great company. The open work environment took some time to get used to but helped foster collaborative working. The ability to work from home when need-be was a positive.
Pros
flexible work schedule
Cons
management
December 22, 2016

Good to hear about your experience. We do think the method of directing a workplace like you’ve described is definitely our goal, and it was great that your division managed to do just that. Open communication and everyone on one level for better team work.

Maybe our paths will cross again somewhere in the future again. In the meantime, please also feel free to share your experience with friends and family who are looking into changing their career up. We always need new talented staff!

Great place, great people
Supplier Quality Engineer (Former Employee) –  Cleveland, OHNovember 4, 2016
Contract engineer performing supplier quality work. Helped Philips & their suppliers get through remediation period and successfully ramp up back to normal production.
January 26, 2017

Thanks for the kind words!

It’s great to hear your experience has been this good. Thank you for your hard work. We wish you the best in all your future endeavors, and who know, our paths might cross again.

The Most compassionate and caring job i have ever had
Personal Response Associate (Former Employee) –  Framingham, MAOctober 26, 2016
I worked at lifeline not only for my paycheck ,but the rewards of helping the subscribers . There arn't alot of people that handle calls when the sub presses that phb for depression ,lonliness,anxiety,suicidal,robberies and confusion and just to talk and the typical I've fallen and can't get up was frequent,to hear a friendly voice that they may recognize. My coworkers had compassion,kindness and were monitored on a frequent basis. We left our life behind to help people.Snow,rain,sleet we were there.
Pros
Management, bonus, free meals and frequent treats
Cons
that the company, is leaving Framingham or significantly downsizing, at the Framingham location saddens me
December 30, 2016

Thank you so much for not only your feedback about your former position, but also for the work you’ve done. We can definitely understand this work was caring and compassionate, and that the people that do this kind of work need to have a special set of skills. We hope you take the positive things you encountered during this job with you, and we wish you all the best.

Fun work place
Network Engineer (Former Employee) –  Alpharetta, GAOctober 26, 2016
Good atmosphere and cool place.Good job and good compensation and good benefits and good security and good advancement and good management and good job culture.
Pros
Free lunches
Cons
Short Breaks
March 16, 2017

Thanks for taking the time to say a couple of words on your experience as a former Philips employee! It's terrific to hear how positive you are about the time you've been part of the team.

Worst employer ever
Senior Consumer Marketing Manager (Current Employee) –  Bothell, WAOctober 23, 2016
Overall, the worst experience of my professional career. The beaurocracy is beyond compare, with zero important decisions delegated beyond the second level CEO. That's right, there are three CEOs reporting vertically into one another, and even the Vice Presidents don't own their P&L. There's a complete mismatch between accountability and authority, annual performance goals aren't finalized until Q4 or after the year closes, and the subjective nature of the reviews allow politics and relationships to vastly overshadow any objective measurement of success. All metrics are kept at a total division level, so free riders can rejoice with a good bonus while hard workers are exploited and asked to continue to do more for the team.
Pros
Good word life balance and easy to coast by if you're lazy and want an easy paycheck.
Cons
Rewards not commensurate with contribution, Americans aren't promoted, career progression promises aren't delivered, internet doesn't work, incentives misaligned, Antiquated financial metrics, depressing environment
March 16, 2017

Thank you for sharing this level of detail – it is helpful to hear and understand. Our managing teams are also active on this website, so your feedback will be taken into account.

Great Company, but ineffective management
Technical Support Specialist (Former Employee) –  Alpharetta, GAOctober 20, 2016
a fantastic company but specific managers make it "less than appealing". I would highly recommend you work there, but you need to be able to tolerate managers (some) who only care about their paychecks and not about you.
December 22, 2016

Hi there, thanks for taking the time to provide us with some feedback. It’s great to hear that you do recommend us as an employer, please do feel free to share that with acquaintances as well. Concerning the managing personnel it could always be that you don’t agree with them at all times, but we do think it’s important to have a nice working environment and we as a company definitely do care a lot for you as an employee. If you ever feel that you got dealt a wrong hand, don’t hesitate to talk it over with a HR employee or of course with the manager.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Philips. Our community is ready to answer.