Phillips & Temro Industries Employee Reviews

See reviews about:
Was a great place to work until 2009 or so...
Warehouse Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Eden PrairieSeptember 8, 2014
A typical day at PTI for me finds me putting out fires for 4-6 hours. Missing parts, parts that are on the dock but haven't been received, and no room to put away the parts that are received are the big three. Outdated inventory procedures and equipment failures don't help matters. 2 of the forklifts are older than I am and our barcoding system is only effective on 80% of our outbound shipments, and none of our internal movements.
I guess I am considered middle management, and unfortunately I have been there longer than most of the upper management. Every 6 months or so when the regime changes I have to explain the whys and hows of the job to a new boss who comes in with ideas of their own on how to fix things. The revolving door of personnel makes it hard to get things accomplished at PTI. Ill communications between departments, management and production are also contributing factors.
The other supervisors are for the most part supportive and helpful, but I consider my crew as my coworkers and I love my crew. The relationships I have developed over the years as I have grown with the company, and the few old timers that are left are the true highlights I will not forget, and it makes it hard to leave after 16 years.
Being the bad guy is probably the hardest part of being a supervisor at PTI. There are a couple in my crew that push the attendance policies that I am sworn to uphold to the limit, but how can I hold new parents accountable when I myself am a new parent? PTI pushes a hard line on attendance, but amongst my departments, we get it done by coming in early or staying
  more... late. As long as our internal customers are covered, I am satisfied.
Seeing all the pieces fit together, and my teams supporting each other is my favorite thing at PTI. Knowing how close we are to the ragged edge every day and how we still manage to get it done is a testament to the commitment of the warehouse team. For shipping to stay within 99.4% accurate during the busy season, or for receiving to turn out 100 + pallets by lunchtime with the tiny area they have to work with speaks volumes of that crew. The way the team comes together when we are short handed and still gets it done. Even when I can't help out, plus the space and equipment we have to work with is something I will miss.
Not Friendly
Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Eden PrairieJanuary 29, 2014
The CEO has a habit of cursing out temporary employees and it rolls down hill from there.
Culturally Challenging
HR Generalist/Payroll (Current Employee) –  Eden Prairie, MNDecember 3, 2013
A typical day is very fast-paced and challenging. I have learned to prioritize my duties while maintaining professional courtesies. The management is doing it's best but at times makes hasty decisions. The co-workers are some of the best people I have ever worked with. The hardest part of the job is balancing work life with family life. The most enjoyable part of the job is accomplishing so much in such a short period of time.
Pros
Very safe work environment.
Cons
Inconsistent corporate culture
busy , productive work enviorment
Assembler (Current Employee) –  Eden Prairie, MNMay 24, 2013
I start by setting up my groups work stations and starting my day.

I've learned that determination and consistency will bring you a long way.

The hardest part of this job is the burns you get from a material called flux.

And I mostly enjoy just being there and working hard.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Phillips & Temro Industries. Our community is ready to answer.

2.4