Phillips-Medisize Employee Reviews

Growing Company
Director of Quality Assurance (Current Employee) –  Westborough, MADecember 6, 2016
Phillips Medisize has been purchased by Molex. What the changes will be is not known. I hear Molex is nice to work for. We will see what happens.
Machine Operator/Material Handler (Current Employee) –  New Richmond, WISeptember 27, 2016
The twelve hour work days are the hardest to get use to, from 5a-5p
when you work two days and have off two days and then the three day Friday-Sunday, every other weekend.
UNFAIR and SAD place to work
Plastics Operator (Former Employee) –  Menomonie, WIAugust 3, 2016
Phillips protects its managers bad behavior. The truth is unimportant to them. and they will make up lies to fire a good employee that complains about harassment and other bad things their favorite employees do.
Phillips makes the production workers work holidays while the important employees get those days off.
there is clearly a huge in balance with this companies policies and how they are enforced
too fast of work pace
Machine Operator/Assembler (Former Employee) –  Eau Claire, WIJune 18, 2016
A large percentage of operators feel the work pace is getting too fast to keep up with the machines considering how fast they run. hard to do a good job of inspection of parts,
Good Pay/ Dead Culture
operator (Current Employee) –  Menomonie, WINovember 12, 2015
Company has real good pay but the culture of the organization isn't where it once was. Company tends to forget about the employees that keep it in business.
Dis-located worker.
Mold Maintenance Technician (Former Employee) –  Medford, WIOctober 2, 2015
After working for this company for 26 years with a perfect working record I found myself to be a dis-located worker, At the time of employment here I had job satisfaction and I thought I had job security. This company let go of all the long time employees and stated that they were closing their doors and shipping their jobs overseas. This in turn was not what happened, they ended up hiring their employees through manpower. Disheartening place to work as I dedicated myself to them and in turn was treated as just a replaceable number.
Cons
The company was dishonest and resulted in becoming a dis-located worker
Clean work environment
Injection Molding Machine Operator (Former Employee) –  Phillips, WIAugust 11, 2015
injection molding plastics was a reasonably easy job, friendly co-workers, good management. some of the assembly jobs required excellent dexterity
Interesting job, making all sorts of medical parts
Finishing Technician (Current Employee) –  Menomonie, WIApril 27, 2015
I like the 12 hr shifts for the most part. I really like that we get every other weekend off. I have learned a lot about how plastic parts are molded and much more about the clean room environment, the parts are molded in. The management is fair, but a little inconstant in some areas.

My job is busy some days and others not so much. I work with multiple automation cells that package plastic medical parts. My core responsibility's are to keep the machines running with good yields and total shift outputs.
Pros
consistent comfortable temperature
Great place to work.
Press Operator/Trainer (Former Employee) –  Eau Claire, WIApril 16, 2015
Phillips plastics is one of the best jobs I have ever worked at. Other than the pay rate not being so great it was fun to work there. All of the employees were great to work with from the operators all the way up to management! I wore many hats there so my day was never typical. I did material handling, which ensured each press had all of the materials needed to run efficiently. I was also a trainer , which entailed training the new employees as they came through. Also I was trained as an export in the inventory system that was implemented by the company, this entailed me going to six weeks of extra training, so anytime a problem arose from the system I was called away to fix the problem. The only reason I had left Phillips Medisize was because my wife at the time wanted me to be on days.
Pros
Really good benefits, fun atmosphere to work.
Cons
The pay is on the lower end of the spectrum for this type of work.
great place to work
Ink mixer (Former Employee) –  Fredonia, WIApril 13, 2015
Had many things to do to keep me busy.

Had great people to work with.

The work place was very neat.

There was always something new to work with.
Pros
great people
Cons
It closed down
Productive and Enjoyable work Evironment with Great management Team
Assembly Operator (Former Employee) –  Menomonie, WIDecember 14, 2014
Assemble lifesaving medical devices. Perform quality inspection on each item before it is shipped out. Every two hours you are rotation to one of the many different job responsibility's.
I learned how intricate most of these day to day devices are. I learned how to do quality inspections. How to work in a fast paced assembly team environment.
One the best and non biased management teams, highly motivational teams. Co-workers where just like a family.
Hardest part of the job was the long hours
Most enjoyable part of the job was know that the product I help make has saved the lives of some of my family and friends.
Pros
Available overtime, Dependable Schedule, Great Team, good health benefits
Cons
Can sometimes feel a bit clicky among co-workers
Phillips-Medisize
Director of Corporate Process Improvement (Current Employee) –  Eau Claire, WINovember 5, 2014
This is a very fast growing company with a lot of opportunity.
Pros
Fast-paced
Cons
Need better foundation in terms of CPI
Was almost decent work place.
Assembly Operator (Former Employee) –  MenomonieAugust 10, 2014
The work was easy. That was about it. Everything else was horrible. Rotating 12's. Having to work weekends. And the unfairness. The higher-ups favored people, and there favorites would get away with most things, but if they didn't like you, you would always be in trouble.

And they will tell you if you have anything to talk about you can go talk with them with, but when you do, they judge you and don't do anything about it. When you need something you'd have to ask more than 3 times to get it done from them, and sometimes, they don't even do it. Never listening to their employees.

I was working for a new line in Phillips, and it goes down a lot. So, they'd send me to the other line, and take those people out so they can do nothing. The thing is, they told I would not have to go back to the other line again. They are liars. Also, when all the other lines went down, they'd all get to go home, but when my line goes down, I don't. I get to replace other people so they could go home instead. Where is the fairness in that? They are always talking about be fair with people, but they aren't.
Cons
so much to do in a 8 hour time period.
Press Operator (Former Employee) –  Eau Claire, WIJune 16, 2014
a lot of high demands and expectations. I was always cleaning up after other peoples messes. The hardest part of the job was being on my feet all day. co workers were pretty helpful for the most part.
Pros
cookouts potlucks
Cons
short and timed breaks medical insurance
Safe place to work
Inspector (Former Employee) –  Menomonie, WIMay 12, 2014
Safe place to work, inspecting parts. Performing manufacturing quality inspection as parts are produced at the machines.
Slow
Operator (Current Employee) –  Hudson, WIMarch 4, 2014
My co-workers are nice and everyone is nice. I felt like I didn't get taught at all at work. When I got there, they had a person who worked for only 2 weeks train me in.
I enjoyed my job and enjoy working with people
Scheduling Clerk (Former Employee) –  New Richmond, WIFebruary 7, 2014
I loved everything about my job. There could of been more one on one training. I learned as I went on. I am the type of person that when I'm shown what to do I can do it and do it better or find a way to do it better. I had time restraints and always filled them. I enjoyed working with the people I worked with. If I had nothing to do I would find something to do for someone else, I was always busy.
Pros
Enjoyable atmosphere
Cons
Alot of gossiping amongst some of the employees
Clean environment and organized.
Press Operator (Former Employee) –  Medford, WIJanuary 16, 2014
-My day went by clocking in, finding out what press I'm assigned to, operating it, taking the parts, and taking those parts and packaging them to receiving.

-How plastic switches and chrome parts are made and how they are inspected and shipped.

-Management makes sure that the tasks are being done correctly and ensures tools for the job are available for us.

-Co-workers are fun to work with and are able to balance talking and working at the same time. They make time go by fast.

-The hardest part of a job is to let a mechanic know that a press is having issues and having them fix the press, while I help a nearby press.

-The enjoyable part of the job is handling the parts, fresh off the press, and packing them in their box for shipping.
Pros
Clean working environment, Co-workers who help out, Management who takes action on the floor, when short handed.
Cons
Finding people to relieve me for breaks, Radio getting shut off on the floor
not fun
OPERATOR (Former Employee) –  Menomonie, WINovember 5, 2013
very clique with co workers like in high school, 12 hour shifts were hard to work
Good Company
Database Administrator (Former Employee) –  Eau Claire, WIApril 1, 2013
Good company but changing away from original core values due to growth and company being sold.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Phillips-Medisize. Our community is ready to answer.

2.9