Phillips-Medisize Employee Reviews

It okay
Machine Operator/AssemblerMachine operator (Former Employee) –  Wisconsin,new RichmondDecember 7, 2017
It's a nice place to work it's super clean there's a lot of standing but the time go bye faster than what you think and it's a no smoking place you can't leave the gob break time
Pros
N/a
Cons
N/a
Not much opportunity for advancement.
Support Production Specialist (Current Employee) –  Menomonie, WINovember 14, 2017
Atmosphere of quantity over quality. Decisions are made but not communicated. Engineers are great to work with, however, the assembly operators have a mind of their own and do not like to follow work instructions.
Pros
Good pay.
Cons
Short breaks, Working holidays, 12 hour shifts but only get paid 8 hours for a holiday you are not sceduled to work.
Team building
Senior Mechanical Engineer (Former Employee) –  Sunnyvale, CAAugust 18, 2017
Team building and having scrum meetings twice a week, on understanding the major issues or bottle necks, is very important. The best times are group brain storming sections on product improvement and keeping an eye on the COGs. It’s most important to build on everyone’s full potential and understanding their goals can help on achieving their full potential.
Pros
Healthy free lunch provide great energy, and helps keep everyone focused
Cons
Too many short breaks can slowdown productivity
People are fun to work with
Operator/Laborer (Current Employee) –  Medford, WIAugust 13, 2017
While being an operator, I have had the opportunity to work with some very nice people! Although the work can get very boring or stressful sometimes, I would definitely reccomend this job to new high school graduates going directly into the work field. I am obviously moving to greener pastures(jobs I want to do) but my two years here have been eye opening and has helped me create an employer profile for my next job.
Pros
People work well
Cons
Boring, sometimes stressful. Often times the upper management doesn't really listen to operators
Not a bad place just the group of people have picked you'd moving up already
Machine Operator (Current Employee) –  Menomonie, WIJuly 22, 2017
Looking for somthing else seeing what I can get into hopefully make a pay raise if not I'll stay here till I find somthing I like but looking for somthing eleae
Pros
Good place
Terrible Employer - Stay Away
Engineer (Former Employee) –  New Richmond, WIJune 6, 2017
Changes in management at PMNR have created a toxic work environment. Rude and unprofessional behavior is the norm. I have personally witnessed numerous employees in tears due to how they are treated and talked to.

Phillips-Medisize may be growing, but many of their experienced employees are leaving. Plan on working late nights and weekends to keep up and keep your job.

THESE ARE NOT EXAGGERATIONS

If you like drama, blame, CYA, back-stabbing, getting "run over by the bus" and high stress you'll love it there. I simply cannot recommend ever working there unless you have no other option for employment. This is coming from a seasoned engineer with a successful track record at several other companies.
Pros
Jimmy John's nearby
Cons
Unprofessional behavior from management, lack of support, high stress, long hours
Good place to work; opportunities to advance
Toolroom Manager (Former Employee) –  Eau Claire, WIMay 22, 2017
Lots of opportunities to move around and advance in the company. Team environment and culture. Challenging work but rewarding as well. They are doing a lot of things that other injection molders simply cannot do. Most of my experience was in multi-shot injection molding and the teams I've worked with have been very creative and forward thinking.
Pros
Variety of opportunities
Cons
Large corporation lacks personal considerations at times
Secretly worshipping the few who care
Press Operator (Former Employee) –  Phillips, WIMay 1, 2017
typically i would work on the assembly line, or at a medical related press. the job was easy and repetitive. The have many pkants all over the world and are a big company in medical supply.
Lots of negative people
Production Worker (Former Employee) –  New Richmond, WIApril 18, 2017
Quality team lead is racist supports lazy and stupid. Punishes intelligent hard workers. very negative attitudes in company. Managment. Plays favorites
Pros
Non
Cons
Quality team leader is a joke. No leadersgip. Racist.
Not a bad place to work.
Mold Maintenance Technician (Former Employee) –  Menomonie, WIApril 15, 2017
Other than the fact that management is lacking, it's an OK place to work. Most of the Co-workers are really nice and helpful. When you are full time the Time off is nice.
Easy
Production Associate (Former Employee) –  Menomonie, WIMarch 7, 2017
This job is very simple. Training is very good and you can always get help when needed. Shifts are very long here, 12 hours from 5-5 either am or pm. Every two hours you take a paid break and then change locations in the building.
Excellent team environment
1st Shift Mold Maintenance Technician (Former Employee) –  Menomonie, WIMarch 5, 2017
Growing company with many opportunities. Promotes a team atmosphere. Good benefits. Follows an open-door policy and treats employees with dignity and respect. Work is interesting as it relates to medical device manufacturing.
Pros
Job security
Cons
Pay
Growing Company
Director of Quality Assurance (Current Employee) –  Westborough, MADecember 6, 2016
Phillips Medisize has been purchased by Molex. What the changes will be is not known. I hear Molex is nice to work for. We will see what happens.
Machine Operator/Material Handler (Current Employee) –  New Richmond, WISeptember 27, 2016
The twelve hour work days are the hardest to get use to, from 5a-5p
when you work two days and have off two days and then the three day Friday-Sunday, every other weekend.
Productive and enjoyable
Team Leader (Former Employee) –  Eau Claire, WISeptember 15, 2016
Phillips Plastics was a family owned company and they cared about the people no politics. When Medizise brought them the environment changed it was less for the people and more for the owners.
UNFAIR and SAD place to work
Plastics Operator (Former Employee) –  Menomonie, WIAugust 3, 2016
Phillips protects its managers bad behavior. The truth is unimportant to them. and they will make up lies to fire a good employee that complains about harassment and other bad things their favorite employees do.
Phillips makes the production workers work holidays while the important employees get those days off.
there is clearly a huge in balance with this companies policies and how they are enforced
too fast of work pace
Machine Operator/Assembler (Former Employee) –  Eau Claire, WIJune 18, 2016
A large percentage of operators feel the work pace is getting too fast to keep up with the machines considering how fast they run. hard to do a good job of inspection of parts,
Good Pay/ Dead Culture
operator (Current Employee) –  Menomonie, WINovember 12, 2015
Company has real good pay but the culture of the organization isn't where it once was. Company tends to forget about the employees that keep it in business.
Dis-located worker.
Mold Maintenance Technician (Former Employee) –  Medford, WIOctober 2, 2015
After working for this company for 26 years with a perfect working record I found myself to be a dis-located worker, At the time of employment here I had job satisfaction and I thought I had job security. This company let go of all the long time employees and stated that they were closing their doors and shipping their jobs overseas. This in turn was not what happened, they ended up hiring their employees through manpower. Disheartening place to work as I dedicated myself to them and in turn was treated as just a replaceable number.
Cons
The company was dishonest and resulted in becoming a dis-located worker
Clean work environment
Injection Molding Machine Operator (Former Employee) –  Phillips, WIAugust 11, 2015
injection molding plastics was a reasonably easy job, friendly co-workers, good management. some of the assembly jobs required excellent dexterity

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Phillips-Medisize. Our community is ready to answer.

2.9