Phillips-Van Heusen

Phillips-Van Heusen Employer Reviews

Productive and fun work environment with good managment
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Blaine, WAApril 15, 2014
Pros: flexible hours
Cons: short breaks, not a lot of hours per work week
A typical work day would be getting in to work and my manager would let me know what my main focus would be, (counter, customer service, restocking, ect.) Next i would start doing my duties as well as keeping an eye out for if any of my co-workers needed help if we needed someone else on the cash registers if there was a storm of people who came in. – more... All my managers and co-workers worked efficiently and worked well as a team to get all duties accomplished.

The most difficult part of the job was having to do the exact same duties every day.Working in sales at a clothing store there was a lot of customers who came in and tried clothes on and made a mess that had to be cleaned up every night. Therefor there was a lot of mindless folding of clothes.

The most enjoyable part of the job was interacting with the customers and working with others. – less
20 years of experience in retail environemt superivising all operations of multi store territory
DISTRICT SALES MANAGER (Former Employee), Foley, ALMarch 28, 2014
supervised over 100 employees and 17-21 stores.
responsible for all visual and operational processes including hiring and developing management teams.
Best job ever
Assistant Manager (Former Employee), Houston TexasMarch 11, 2014
The Assistant Store Manager assists the Store Manager in motivating and inspiring their team to achieve store productivity goals. They help the Store Manager to analyze week to date, period to date, and year to date sales, and develop action plans to drive top line sales. Other responsibilities include; managing payroll budgets to ensure store’s contribution – more... is on target, ensuring the individual and collective skills of the team are utilized effectively, and both the staff and customer experience is positive. Assists Store Manager in recruiting and hiring appropriately to ensure store is fully staffed at all times. Effectively manages store operations, ensuring consistency and compliance. – less
Warehouse labor job
Warehouse Worker -Cross Train (Former Employee), Chattanooga, TNDecember 14, 2013
Pros: na
Cons: union company
Union labor company that makes employees take a break. I did not enjoy working for this employer.
Typical first time job
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Auburn, WANovember 18, 2013
The job consists of folding, restocking, and helping customers. Lots of responsibility and the work is manually hard for minimum pay, with no pay raises.
Great work environment, lots of support to help you learn
Store Manager (Current Employee), Osage Beach, MONovember 10, 2013
Pros: flexible schedules and great discounts as well as family like environment
Cons: losing holiday time with family
Everyday is filled with tasks to complete and people to help. There are tools and people all around you to help you succeed and learn your business. The upper management is readily available to both give and get information from. My co-workers are like family and we are all there to help one another succeed. The hardest part of the job is sometimes – more... completing said tasks within the time frames due to payroll and amount of tasks given at once. The most enjoyable part of the job is working with the customers and and leaving with pride on how your store looks. – less
Fun, Enjoyable work enviornment
Seasonal Merchandiser (Former Employee), New York, NYOctober 11, 2013
Pros: freedom.. good money
Cons: part time, seasonal position
A typical day at pvh would be arriving at a macys store. working in the stockroom fixing and organizing merchandise. Going to the floor and doing the same. Selling and promoting all pvh merchandise. Management was always a blast. There was always a birthday party or everyone going out for food together.The hardest part was being stuck in a stock room – more... for hrs sorting thru merchandise – less
A very loyal, caring company to work for.
Administrative Assistant (Current Employee), Florida City, FLSeptember 24, 2013
My job is completely self-motivated as I often work alone in my office. The hardest part of the job is probably just that, that I work alone often. My co-workers were very diverse so I had to learn to work with several types of personalities and learn how to make us work together as a team. I have never worked for another company that gave back so much – more... to their associates. – less
Hard manual work and a lot of walking.
Forklift Operator (Former Employee), Austell, GASeptember 17, 2013
Cons: low pay and hot warehouse and short breaks
Manually pushing/pulling pallets, inventory, packing product, wrapping pallet product.
N/A
Cashier & Sales Associate (Current Employee), las Vegas NevadaSeptember 11, 2013
Nice choice for my first job. I learned many things about cash handling and what to always look for in currency. The hardest part of the job is of course the language barriers with the customers but, that is no problem for me.
Great sense of accomplishment
Office Clerk/Assistant Merchandise Coordinator (Current Employee), Jonesville, NCSeptember 7, 2013
Pros: i have been able to learn so much from being in this current position, which i can take with me where ever i may go.
Cons: i've been a temp. for over 2 years now, and have no sense of permanency. we are still waiting for this created position to be approved.
My work day can be very busy consisting of multiple projects. The first thing I do is gather all the necessary paper work for my many daily reports, download all photos taken by our Quality Control Department, open all worksheets then go through new email and correspond as needed.
Next, I organize all my paperwork accordingly then start on my annotations, – more... report my findings, bill all vendor non-compliance issues then check on the status of my previous claims. Now I go onto recording the department’s production and hours, input my information in multiple spreadsheets to track and record all activity for that day.
At this point, I now log all supplies used for that particular day so we can bill the appropriate divisions. I check in with the Merchandise Coordinators and upper management to see if they may have any project that I may help them with. I create work orders for Special Handling to work on and do US Customs/Commercial Invoices for goods needing to go out of the Country. I work with the Traffic team out of New Jersey as well as our Air Authorization team to have all my invoice’s approved so I can now prepare the goods to be shipped.
If there is any free time I may have, I check with Merchandise marketing to see if they may need my help in their department. In Merchandise marketing, any issues found with the hangtags or bag stickers; we take photos, create new tags, affix to the garment, repack and send it on its way.
A variety of project and reports may be needed throughout the day and periodically I’ll check for new emails to follow up on.

Our management team is a great resource whenever we may be in need of help. Sometimes there may be issues that may arise concerning the time involved with the Special Handling Department completing a project. The management team is quick to respond in acquiring additional help and help in directing in the logistics to push a project in order to accommodate the division’s request.
I work with a variety of people from different back grounds and cultures. It is great to work with a team that comes to work to work and gets the job done.
The only thing that I find hard is our schedule. We work 8 hours with a 30 minute break and I am trying to get into the habit of eating breakfast so I won’t be so hungry till lunch with is after working 5 hours without even a 5 minute break. Other than that, I enjoy my job. The fast pace, multiple projects going on, meeting timelines and going from one area to another is very satisfying. Being able to help my superiors and figuring out action plans together is really great. I enjoy leaving work at the end of my shift having a good sense of accomplishment. – less
Each day educational
Field Marketing Executive (Former Employee), New York, NYAugust 7, 2013
Maintained and increased store profitability by training store personnel on various product lines. Each day was different as I traveled to new stores and interacted with a great territory.
very nice place of work but not secure
General laborer/Material Handler (Former Employee), McDonough, GAAugust 6, 2013
I loved working for p.v.h but it wasn't secure after the fiscal year end production got slow and my assignment eventually was ended
My Manager is amazing.
Production Assistant, Dress Furnishings Group (Current Employee), Bridgewater, NJAugust 1, 2013
You will do a lot of computer work, mainly purchase orders and setting up styles.
A great company
Material Handler (Former Employee), Jonesville, NCJuly 16, 2013
It was a very nice place to work, with good people and good benefits.
A dynamic company to work for with a great deal of diverse exposure.
Regional Sales Manager (Former Employee), Northeast RegionJuly 10, 2013
A lot of travel to various store locations to teach and verify company direction implementation. Involved in every aspect from Merchandising and Display, Assortments and Sales, Hiring and Training, Loss Prevention and Productivity.
Very outgoing colleagues and executive members
Sourcing Intern (Former Employee), New York, NYApril 19, 2013
Pros: colleague lunches
Cons: no cons
A firm/company that respects its employees views and takes into consideration every opinion is one that is most likely going to experience growth in a positive manner and that is what this company shows
Nice Company but little loyalty
Associate Store Manager (Former Employee), Tannersville, PAApril 11, 2013
Great friendly atmosphere to work in on store level but for many workers they showed little to know loyalty. Pay was not on the level it should of been.
hard working, very busy
Retail Analyst - Branded Dress Shirt Division (Former Employee), New York, NYFebruary 5, 2013
Pros: diversity; advancement opportuntities
Cons: long hours
Huge company with a lot of advancement opportuntities due to the large diversity of brands and job functions. There are a lot of management years. Employees generally dont leave unless they are asked to
Stable Company but lacks benefits,acknowledgement and incentive
management (Former Employee), gilroy ca.January 22, 2013
Pros: good discounts, management stability
Cons: lack of acknowledgement on job well done, lack of bonuses
The lack of upper managent and corporate acknowledgement when a job is well done needs improvement. The structure of bonuses was restructured to make it nearly impossibe to get a bonus.The fact that asistant managers are not able to bonus with managers is a slap in the face,seeing that asistant managers are just as responsible as the manager.It is true – more... that moving up is difficult because the managers are so stable.Your typical week consist of floorsets,markdowns,customer service,answereing e-mails from upper managment,keeping track of sales,sending out special orders and processing over 100 + boxes of new shipment .If it is June or January you would be preparing for inventory and being responsible for yours as well as the other 4 sister store inventories. The company works you hard and barley acknowledges your hard work. There is little incentive to working for PVH unless you are a manager. You can stay at an asistant level for years and years. – less

About Phillips-Van Heusen

PVH has the buttoned-down look all sewn up. A top apparel firm worldwide and key US dress-shirt maker, PVH sells clothes, accessories, and – Read more