Phillips Pet Food & Supplies is the leading national distributor of pet food and pet supplies. Phillips services pet stores, farm & feed stores, groomers, veterinarians, and humane organizations by offering a wide range of pet food and supplies.
Position Summary: Responsible to run day to day operation of the Receiving Department efficiently and safely in accordance with Phillips guidelines, policies and procedures, supervising the unloading of all materials into the warehouse. Ensure operations attain improved efficiencies.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the company’s policies and applicable laws. Responsibilities include interviewing, hiring, and training employees; planning, assigning, directing work, plan and implement procedures and systems to maximize operating efficiencies; monitor and appraising staff performance; rewarding and disciplining employees; addressing complaints and resolving problems. Provides consistent performance feedback and dedicates appropriate time to developing skills of subordinates to maximize potential.
- Oversee and schedule the unloading and receiving of product in accordance with all Phillips policies and procedures
- Supervise crew of approximately 5 employees and direct reports to perform daily functions within the Receiving Department as assigned to offload, put away, and replenish product and materials
- Monitor staff productivity and accuracy; train and coach as needed
- Act as back-up support in other departments and/or shifts to meet business needs
- Complete all necessary documentation of inbound deliveries
- Liaison between the warehouse and purchasing on inbound issues
- Maintain sanitation and acceptable good distribution practices
- Manage overtime within budget
- Verify and check end of day receipts for accuracy
- Perform routine annual performance reviews for assigned subordinates
- Responsible for maintaining a satisfactory rating in Sanitation audit
- Leads by example and always make the safe choice. Develops and maintains a safety culture that includes no recordable accidents and no loss time injuries. Corrects unsafe behavior and enforce all safety rules and regulations. Promotes and participates actively in all safety programs and activities and include everyone in your department. Teaches safety and corrects unsafe behavior. Eliminates any known safety hazards or as directed by the EH&S Specialist or safety committee.
- High school diploma or general education degree (GED) ; Associates degree highly preferred
- Three plus years warehouse and leadership experience; Receiving experience strongly preferred.
- Must be proficient in Microsoft Office Suite applications.
- A+ experience strongly preferred