Phillips Pet Food & Supplies is the largest distributor of pet food and pet supplies on the East Coast. With distribution facilities in Pennsylvania, South Carolina, Florida, Massachusetts, Indiana and Ohio, Phillips services pet stores, farm & feed stores, groomers, veterinarians, and humane organizations by offering a wide range of pet food and supplies.
Position Summary: Leads the management, production and performance of the Indianapolis, IN distribution facility, responsible for a staff of approximately 25 employees. Ensures optimal efficiency and profitability to the company while delivering excellent customer service to all vendors and customers.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the company’s policies and applicable laws. Responsibilities include determine staffing requirements, interviewing, hiring, and training employees; planning, assigning, directing work, plan and implement procedures and systems to maximize operating efficiencies; monitor and appraising staff performance, set goals and objectives; rewarding and disciplining employees; addressing complaints and resolving problems. Provides consistent performance feedback and dedicates appropriate time to developing skills of subordinates to maximize potential.
- Evaluates current business processes and systems and makes recommendations for efficiency improvements and/or cost reductions
- Establish an organization structure by recruiting, selecting, orienting, training, mentoring and developing warehouse employees and supervisory staff.
- Ensure warehouse’s safety and sanitation procedures are in compliance with OSHA and L&I standards, scoring “satisfactory" or higher on third party audits such as AIB and FISA
- Oversee all functions performed in the warehouse which include: receiving, inventory control, order selection, invoicing, pick & pack, loading, interviewing/hiring, training, leading, and motivating warehouse team.
- Oversee transportation function including, but not limited to; hiring and training delivery drivers, Roadnet routing, customer relations and backhauls.
- Manage company goals to improve operations, productivity and efficiency while reducing warehouse inefficiencies, overtime and turnover.
- Communicates as needed with vendors, customers, and corporate in a timely, personable and professional manner.
- Ensure all company policies are implemented with associates. Good understanding of employee issues, HR and progressive discipline.
- Ensure consistent implementation of all Phillips Feed company policies.
- Demonstrates leadership and coaching qualifications to address any employee issues, concerns and performance in alignment with company policies
- Leads by example and always make the safe choice. Develops and maintains a safety culture that includes no recordable accidents and no loss time injuries. Corrects unsafe behavior and enforce all safety rules and regulations. Promotes and participates actively in all safety programs and activities and include everyone in your department. Ensures that all supervisors also lead by example, teach safety, and correct unsafe behavior. Eliminates any known safety hazards or as directed by the EH&S Specialist or safety committee.
- Bachelor’s degree (B.A.) from an accredited four-year college or university
- Previous P&L responsibility
- 5+ years experience in Logistics and must be capable of running entire operation.
- Extensive experience in warehouse management and processes. Certification or degree a plus.
- Experience with DOT compliance and record keeping.
- 5+ years of strong leadership and team-building skills, ability to mentor/coach employees to develop their skills and create a team environment. Ability to maintain confidentiality and a professional demeanor essential.
- Experience with fulfillment systems required.
- Strong employee relations skills and human resource knowledge.
- Customer service oriented, positive and polished image with vendors.
- Flexibility, calm demeanor, ability to handle stress.
- Good understanding of company’s goals and values.
- Solid understanding of purchasing, inventory and product flow.
- Proficient in using Microsoft Word, Excel and Outlook
Indeed - 13 months ago
copy to clipboard
Phillips Pet Food & Supplies is one of the United State’s largest distributors of pet food and pet supplies. With distribution...