Position Summary: Oversee all warehouse staff and the functions performed at the Clyde, OH distribution center during the night shift.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the company’s policies and applicable laws. Responsibilities include determine staffing requirements, interviewing, hiring, and training employees; planning, assigning, directing work, plan and implement procedures and systems to maximize operating efficiencies; monitor and appraising staff performance, set goals and objectives; rewarding and disciplining employees; addressing complaints and resolving problems. Provides consistent performance feedback and dedicates appropriate time to developing skills of subordinates to maximize potential.
- Evaluates current business processes and systems and makes recommendations for efficiency improvements and/or cost reductions
- Review performance data to monitor and measure productivity, goal progress and activity levels ; train and coach employees as needed
- Oversee warehouse functions, including: order selection, invoicing, picking, packing, and loading; appropriate workforce planning consistently meets operational objectives
- Supervise shipping processing; staffing warehouse team on night shift through hiring, training and motivating a dynamic team of associates
- Insure facility is kept neat, clean, and organized at all times
- Maintain sanitation and acceptable good distribution practices
- Communicate as needed with vendors, customers, and corporate in a timely and professional manner
- Insure all company policies are implemented with associates
- Possess an operational understanding of the Roadnet routing program as it relates to timely departures of routes
- Coordinate transportation issues with Ohio Receiving Manager and/or PA transportation manager to achieve efficiency and compliance for A&K Logistics
- Other duties as assigned
- Leadership: The ability to lead people and get results through others
- Planning: A strong ability to strategically plan ahead, both short and long term
- Prioritizing: the ability to effectively organize and manage multiple activities
- Ability to manage KPI’s; write business correspondence and procedure manuals.
- Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of internal team members, clients, and customers.
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written
- Excellent customer service focus and professionalism
- Creative and able to present various solutions
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, team environment
- Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions
- Ability to work under pressure with time constraints
- Bachelor’s degree (B.A.) from an accredited four-year college or university
- Five to seven years warehouse management and supervisory experience
- Proficient in using Microsoft Word, Excel and Outlook
- Possess an operational understanding of the INFOR AS400 system
- Ability to leverage computerized systems and spreadsheets to measure and analyze efficiencies
Please provide resume and cover letter indicating salary requirements for consideration
QUALIFIED CANDIDATES ONLY
Indeed - 7 months ago
Phillips Pet Food & Supplies is the largest distributor of pet food and pet supplies on the East Coast. With distribution facilities in...