Phillips Pet Food & Supplies Employee Reviews

Worst place to work
Transportation Manager (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, INApril 29, 2017
If you like working with snakes and a manager who's not manager material then this is the job for you. Horrible environment, they need an overhaul. I regret ever working here.
Pros
No pros
Cons
The people
Working
Warehouse Worker (Former Employee) –  Lansing, MIMarch 15, 2017
This company provided me with good hours. The negative fall would be the company has a lot of work to done, but can't evaluate their employees properly for second shift.
decent warehouse jobs
CUSTOMER SERVICE REPRESENTATIVE (Current Employee) –  Lansing, MIFebruary 28, 2017
Everyone in my department is like family to me. I will miss them greatly when my job is done here. Lack of communication from our corporate office is a definite problem.
Raises sucks.
Warehouse Associate (Current Employee) –  Sacramento, CAFebruary 27, 2017
There no job title to any position.your just known as a warehouse associate so everyone gets pay the same even though your job take more task then others.over all the job suck.there no room for advancement.it say they start off 13.50 but over in sacramento they start off only at 12.50
Great Company to work for
Lead Dispatch Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Lansing, MIFebruary 23, 2017
This is a great company to work for, friendly environment, great benefits and job advancement. Training for position is available to new comers and equipment is up-to-date.
bulk picker
Bulk picker (Former Employee) –  Easton, PAJanuary 24, 2017
Awesome place to work, wish I would've never left. You don't have much time to do anything else except work, but the people there are amazing, and the pay is pretty decent, benefits are good, too. Everybody is helpful from sanitation to HR. You respect the, they respect you.
Pros
everything
Cons
no real life outside work
it was ok some of the employees were not very helpful
Kelly Temporary Service (Former Employee) –  Lansing, MIDecember 29, 2016
people were getting hurt quit alot with unsafe work habtis and l lack of peroper training injoyed my job just did not trust my co-workers using the equipment
Great Company
Inventory Replenishment Buyer (Current Employee) –  West Sacramento, CADecember 29, 2016
Amazing co-workers! Always a pleasant work experience with lots of opportunities for advancement. I enjoyed my growth with this company going from on a few thousand dollars in responsibility to millions of dollars within a short time.
Pros
Great co-workers
Cons
Corp lay-offs
Only good if you NEED a job
Pack coordinatoor (Former Employee) –  Lansing, MIDecember 15, 2016
Communication is a joke on all levels. The wrong people that dont have a clue have to much power. Anyone with a clue leaves after bashing there head against the wall with all the asinine decisions are made. Only positive was cheap dog food and plenty of hours. Other than that stay away
Great place to work with growth potential if you work hard
Warehouse Associate (Former Employee) –  Easton, PANovember 21, 2016
Phillips has suffered its own growing pains over the past few years as many companies in growth mode do. Phillips strength is its employees and they put a great deal of time into employee appreciation and empowerment. I had to relocate and leave my position at Phillips but would love to work there again in the future.
Pros
Employee appreciation, work life balance and empowerment
Cons
still growing and still learning
Employment in certain areas of Phillips in the west is good.
Inventory Data and Pricing Specialist (Current Employee) –  San Jose, CANovember 16, 2016
Before the integration process began, I was swamped with daily work. My co-workers are the best part of the job. We were promised that we would keep our jobs in the west when the Phillips Company initially purchased our former company. Well, that didn't hold true and therefore my department has been moved to the east coast.
Are you crazy?
Picker (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, INNovember 4, 2016
I'll tell you who this job is for... people with no family or friends or people who don't wanna see their family or friends. You will work from 3pm to whenever. I got 80 hours in 6 days before. If you need to get back on your feet, use it as a stepping stone like I did because that's what you are to them. I laughed in their faces when they wanted to hire me as a full time employee. They need extra help but have the nerve to not wanna hire felons who are looking to change their life. Most terrible job I ever had.
Pros
Overtime is there if you want it
Cons
Modern day slavery, Rs
Dont even think about applying
Picker (Former Employee) –  Arlington, TXJune 14, 2016
Worst place I ever worked for. They tell you start time and you are stuck there for you don't even know how long. Typical Monday: you start at 10AM and you won't leave till 3AM next day. They are looking for slaves not workers. Management is rude, using offensive language. Not worth your time.
Pros
Cons
16hr days, offensive management, low pay
You do not want to work here
Customer Care Representative (Former Employee) –  Easton, PAMay 24, 2016
At the beginning it was great place to work for. Great starting pay, but for PTO (paid time off) was something you had to get used to, especially for a single mom. Vacation, personal and sick days are all the same. A lot of backstabbing from co-workers and even managment. They only thought of the company instead of the worker. They said Phillips was a corporate company. I've worked for corporate and Phillips is not. They work you to death and expect way too much for certain times of the year. Especially during their Annual Buying Shows.

For lunch break, you got a 1/2 hour. Really, when they didn't even have a decent cafeteria and most of the time you had to go out to eat. If you were bringing your food back, you literally had 5, maybe 10 minutes top to eat. What a joke.

To sum it up.... Wishy Washy and Uncaring, unless you were one of their favorites, then you could do no wrong. All in all, you don't want to work here.
Pros
Good Pay & Benefits
Cons
Management, Hr, & some co-workers just s_cked.
Micro managed from out east
Warehouse Worker (Current Employee) –  Indianapolis, INMarch 26, 2016
Indianapolis , Indiana warehouse is getting to big for them to handle . And corporate won't pay enough for anyone that starts to stay. Someone is stealing alot of product and the company is worried about the little problems instead of serious ones, they are trusting the wrong individuals. It is micro managed from out east and they have no clue . Hope it gets better don't know how long I can keep putting up with dumb people and decision making.
Benefits
Cons
Management, condition of equipment, everyone stabs everyone in the back, long hours
Fast paced, which made time go by fast...
Order Selector (Former Employee) –  Plant City, FLMarch 14, 2016
There were 7 of us who started on the same day. 4 temps, 3 permanent full-time employees. We started on Monday night. By Thursday, management had fired 3 because they "weren't the right fit." And by week 6 there were 3, including myself. .. I enjoyed my job as a night shift Order Selector (VNA, SMALL PICK.) I got along with everyone in my department. My only problem was that there was NO LIFE/WORK balance. I started work at 4pm and worked until the orders were all picked, anywhere from 1am-5am. When I wasn't working I was sleeping, resting from last night's shift, and getting ready to go back and do it again. I saw my husband (literally) 30 mins per day ( in the morning) because he worked 1st shift, so I was gone when he got home and he was asleep when I got home. He woke me up to have coffee before he went off to work. Overall I have nothing bad to say about the job OR the company, I HATED to have to quit (7 weeks in) and I would work there again, if given the chance, providing it was 1st shift.
Pros
Pay, Benefits
Cons
High turnover, terrible work/life balance.
Learning Experience
Warehouse Worker (Former Employee) –  Portland, ORJanuary 16, 2016
Learned a lot working in this distribution warehouse. I was fast and efficient from replenishment, double checking, to completing orders. Great people I really enjoyed working here.
Always something to do
Replenishment - LTL (Current Employee) –  Easton, PASeptember 24, 2015
You aren't assigned one thing to do and have a variety of things to excel in from using the forklift to the cherry picker. helping one another and working as a team lets the day go by quick.
a joke used to be great now not so much
Repack Associate (Former Employee) –  Easton, PAJuly 22, 2015
I worked for phillips for 3 years and when I started there it was great literally my favorite job I had ever had
Year 1
the work wasn't to bad we have maybyle 13 trucks a night slowly started getting more which still wasn't bad the bosses were fantastic the people were fantastic there was no drama it was just a great laid back place to work... then everything changed...
Year 2
Things werent to bad in the beginning but then The bosses (not all of them) turned to a holes (mainly the manager) the work was RIDICULOUS the hours were RIDICULOUS I was driving 45 minutes to work to work a 14 hour shift sometimea loneger to drive home hardly sleep (if I didn't as I was driving home) just to repeat 5 DAYS A WEEK and then had to come in again for day 6!!! I got pregnant in year two a little bit after half the year and I wasn't ALLOWED to do anything litrerally I was moved from the repack area to the office wasn't allowed to pick up a 5 lb box without getting yelled at... I'm pregnant not disabled for at of all second of all I would never put my unborn child second to work... So I needed uo back on the floor and they moved me from the first floor to the THIRD floor... With no ac in the warehouse mid summer pregnancy and a fan and a chair... The water was on the first floor and I wasn't allowed to sit in the chair without being yelled at either... So not only was I no longer allowed to pick but I was in probably the worse location to be pregnant at... So when time came that my doctor had pulled me out of work (I had taken FMLA early because my son was to big) I received a letter in
  more... the mail (after turning in my notes from the doctors) accaptig my resignation!?!?!?! I never quit and they were fully aware of that THEY FIRED ME WHILE I WAS ON FMLA!!!!! this came a couple months after I hit 3 years while I was 7 months pregnant!!!!

I was a hard worker did everything I was asked to do learned more then I should have did more then I should have and never got paid for the extra work... I had put in for a master trainer position and was denined because I had a 7 month old write up (mind you the master trainer before me applied and got it while having a fresh write up and the one before her was on a final warning but well if you were there you knew EXACTLY how they got that job)

The place has since turned way more down hill then I could have imagined... It used to be great and all the people I met there will continue to be held close to my heart (you spend more time with your co workers then u do ur own family) and the things I've learned from there good and bad will always be in my head and I thank everyone for the great memories BUT with that being said... I warn you to not work there unless you have no social life no family are willing to practically live there don't plan on getting pregnant or using FMLA at all for that matter don't mind managers being COMPLETE a holess for whatever reason they feel is good enough and don't mind working like a dog in a sweat shop...

Of your ok with those terms HAVE AT IT!!!!
Pros
Great co workers for the most part
Cons
everything possible
co workers are great, management stinks
Order Selector (Former Employee) –  Plant City, FLMay 22, 2015
At my time there it was an everyday soap opera. Lucky if you last 6 months there. Always a new face because management never gives any temps a chance to try to improve. Tells them they have to pull 100 lines a hour their first week or will be let go. Not a team place always me, me, me. Only bulk gets the attention, every other dept doesn't matter. Wouldn't recommend this place to ANYONE! Management is a complete joke! How you bring in someone who knows nothing about the job & make him operations manager??? GTFOH! A racist place to work, no hours because their over staffed. Too demanding & overall toxic environment.
Pros
co workers
Cons
everything else

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Phillips Pet Food & Supplies. Our community is ready to answer.

2.8