Phillips Pet Food & Supplies

Phillips Pet Food & Supplies Employer Reviews

Avoid working here and you will be much happier.
sales/customer service (Current Employee), Easton PADecember 18, 2013
Pros: benefits are average for a company of this size. vacation time is good as well as 401k.
Cons: compensation and overall daily experiences will drain you mentally.
This company from top to bottom has major issues. The problems stem from many layers of management and the left hand doesn't know what the right is doing. We have high rates of turn over in warehouse positions (which increases mistakes).
Customer service is an ongoing issue. If you are in any truck driving or sales position and have contact with the – more... customers, get ready for daily complaints of "How bad Phillips Is". These problems occur across all regions. These complaints will include high prices, out of stocks, mis picks, and poor service.
Phillips is not a fan of paying employees well either (this is probably due to private equity ownership and quite honestly management and ownerships complete lack of respect for their employees and thoughts that everybody is replaceable and usually at a lower pay scale). I can truly say that the co-workers I have contact with are all constantly looking for new employment and are not happy here.
One pleasant aspect is some of the co-workers are enjoyable to talk to or commiserate with essentially. I am sure if any management reads this they will just see it is a sour grapes employee with a bad experience. But alas when you walk around with an ego the size of Philadelphia and "think" you are the best and can do no wrong you will never improve. Which is why this is an abominable place to be employed. – less
Don't do it !!!
Pricing Analyst (Former Employee), PADecember 2, 2013
Pros: fast paced
Cons: short learning window. attitudinal tenured employees.
Terrible place to work. Employees who are supposed to train expect you to know everything already. If you make a mistake, they cry to management instead of trying to help you fix it. If they make a mistake, they blame the new hire. They expect you to learn everything to a "T" in less than 2 months.
Productive company with a ping pong table
Territory Sales Manager (Former Employee), Indianapolis,InOctober 31, 2013
Pros: free lunches, soda's and vacations
Cons: short breaks
review my list of businesses and visit each one of them throughout the day. I take orders and make sure of delivery by following up with a phone call or e-mail. I learn new and more productive ways to make my job easier and more productive...trial and error! I don't really have any interaction with my co-workers, they go their way and I go my way; our – more... jobs don't intersect. The best part of my job, is fulfilling my objectives and making the customer happy. The worst part of the job, is when there is a mix up with ordering and delivery – less
Good Company with growing pains.
Office Manager (Former Employee), Spartanburg, SCOctober 24, 2013
Pros: growing company with potential for advancement
Cons: none to really speak of
A typical day at Phillips was never the same. That was what made the position I had so interesting. I did the same work but there was always something that would happen to keep things interesting and fun, even in the middle of a stressful challenge. I loved what I did and dealing with the various personalities from Executives to Managers to Supervisors – more... to Customer Service to Sales People to Drivers and Warehouse Personnel to the customers. It was one of the most rewarding and fun positions I ever held and I was saddened when Corporate chose to do away with the position I held. – less
Job security if you break your back that's about it
Stick picker (Former Employee), Easton paMay 3, 2013
Pros: cheap dog food unless you are a temp then forget it.
Cons: just about everything except job security if u keep your mouth shut or have awsome knee pads
Not a bad place to work for security, not losing your job unless u are a complete boob! Management consists of complete boobs!!!!! If u are not a favorite u will get nowhere so get your knee pads ready!! I have never worked under more incompetent management in my life. Some of the supervisors are not to bad but the tree that grows above them is full – more... of rotten fruit. If u are a stock picker as I was u better to be ready to be beaten down and berated for your low non competitive salary. Basically don't work here! – less
Good Company via benefits,money, and growth. Poor management
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), Easton, PAJanuary 4, 2013
Pros: good benefits
Cons: poor management
This company was an all around "good" place to work via money wise. The management needs to be evaluated.
Great company!
CDL Class A- Driver (Former Employee), Lakeland, FLMarch 14, 2012
Pros: great company
Cons: great company
I loved the work place, employees were some of the nicest i have ever been around they made coming to work very enjoyable! I would encourage anyone to go to work for this company!

– September 19, 2012

I worked for this company from March 2011 to October 2011, This was the best company I have ever worked for, the employees made it very laid back and The Supervisors and Managment were Top Notch, couldn't ask for a better group of people or a better company period!!!

About Phillips Pet Food & Supplies

Phillips Pet Food & Supplies is one of the United State’s largest distributors of pet food and pet supplies. With distribution – Read more