Phillips Pet Food & Supplies

Phillips Pet Food & Supplies Employee Reviews in United States

Dont even think about applying
Picker (Former Employee) –  Arlington, TXJune 14, 2016
Worst place I ever worked for. They tell you start time and you are stuck there for you don't even know how long. Typical Monday: you start at 10AM and you won't leave till 3AM next day. They are looking for slaves not workers. Management is rude, using offensive language. Not worth your time.
Pros
Cons
16hr days, offensive management, low pay
Micro managed from out east
Warehouse Worker (Current Employee) –  Indianapolis, INMarch 26, 2016
Indianapolis , Indiana warehouse is getting to big for them to handle . And corporate won't pay enough for anyone that starts to stay. Someone is stealing alot of product and the company is worried about the little problems instead of serious ones, they are trusting the wrong individuals. It is micro managed from out east and they have no clue . Hope it gets better don't know how long I can keep putting up with dumb people and decision making.
Benefits
Cons
Management, condition of equipment, everyone stabs everyone in the back, long hours
Fast paced, which made time go by fast...
Order Selector (Former Employee) –  Plant City, FLMarch 14, 2016
There were 7 of us who started on the same day. 4 temps, 3 permanent full-time employees. We started on Monday night. By Thursday, management had fired 3 because they "weren't the right fit." And by week 6 there were 3, including myself. .. I enjoyed my job as a night shift Order Selector (VNA, SMALL PICK.) I got along with everyone in my department. My only problem was that there was NO LIFE/WORK balance. I started work at 4pm and worked until the orders were all picked, anywhere from 1am-5am. When I wasn't working I was sleeping, resting from last night's shift, and getting ready to go back and do it again. I saw my husband (literally) 30 mins per day ( in the morning) because he worked 1st shift, so I was gone when he got home and he was asleep when I got home. He woke me up to have coffee before he went off to work. Overall I have nothing bad to say about the job OR the company, I HATED to have to quit (7 weeks in) and I would work there again, if given the chance, providing it was 1st shift.
Pros
Pay, Benefits
Cons
High turnover, terrible work/life balance.
Learning Experience
Warehouse Worker (Former Employee) –  Portland, ORJanuary 16, 2016
Learned a lot working in this distribution warehouse. I was fast and efficient from replenishment, double checking, to completing orders. Great people I really enjoyed working here.
Always something to do
Replenishment - LTL (Current Employee) –  Easton, PASeptember 24, 2015
You aren't assigned one thing to do and have a variety of things to excel in from using the forklift to the cherry picker. helping one another and working as a team lets the day go by quick.
a joke used to be great now not so much
Repack Associate (Former Employee) –  Easton, PAJuly 22, 2015
I worked for phillips for 3 years and when I started there it was great literally my favorite job I had ever had
Year 1
the work wasn't to bad we have maybyle 13 trucks a night slowly started getting more which still wasn't bad the bosses were fantastic the people were fantastic there was no drama it was just a great laid back place to work... then everything changed...
Year 2
Things werent to bad in the beginning but then The bosses (not all of them) turned to a holes (mainly the manager) the work was RIDICULOUS the hours were RIDICULOUS I was driving 45 minutes to work to work a 14 hour shift sometimea loneger to drive home hardly sleep (if I didn't as I was driving home) just to repeat 5 DAYS A WEEK and then had to come in again for day 6!!! I got pregnant in year two a little bit after half the year and I wasn't ALLOWED to do anything litrerally I was moved from the repack area to the office wasn't allowed to pick up a 5 lb box without getting yelled at... I'm pregnant not disabled for at of all second of all I would never put my unborn child second to work... So I needed uo back on the floor and they moved me from the first floor to the THIRD floor... With no ac in the warehouse mid summer pregnancy and a fan and a chair... The water was on the first floor and I wasn't allowed to sit in the chair without being yelled at either... So not only was I no longer allowed to pick but I was in probably the worse location to be pregnant at... So when time came that my doctor had pulled me out of work (I had taken FMLA early because my son was to big) I received a letter in
  more... the mail (after turning in my notes from the doctors) accaptig my resignation!?!?!?! I never quit and they were fully aware of that THEY FIRED ME WHILE I WAS ON FMLA!!!!! this came a couple months after I hit 3 years while I was 7 months pregnant!!!!

I was a hard worker did everything I was asked to do learned more then I should have did more then I should have and never got paid for the extra work... I had put in for a master trainer position and was denined because I had a 7 month old write up (mind you the master trainer before me applied and got it while having a fresh write up and the one before her was on a final warning but well if you were there you knew EXACTLY how they got that job)

The place has since turned way more down hill then I could have imagined... It used to be great and all the people I met there will continue to be held close to my heart (you spend more time with your co workers then u do ur own family) and the things I've learned from there good and bad will always be in my head and I thank everyone for the great memories BUT with that being said... I warn you to not work there unless you have no social life no family are willing to practically live there don't plan on getting pregnant or using FMLA at all for that matter don't mind managers being COMPLETE a holess for whatever reason they feel is good enough and don't mind working like a dog in a sweat shop...

Of your ok with those terms HAVE AT IT!!!!
Pros
Great co workers for the most part
Cons
everything possible
co workers are great, management stinks
Order Selector (Former Employee) –  Plant City, FLMay 22, 2015
At my time there it was an everyday soap opera. Lucky if you last 6 months there. Always a new face because management never gives any temps a chance to try to improve. Tells them they have to pull 100 lines a hour their first week or will be let go. Not a team place always me, me, me. Only bulk gets the attention, every other dept doesn't matter. Wouldn't recommend this place to ANYONE! Management is a complete joke! How you bring in someone who knows nothing about the job & make him operations manager??? GTFOH! A racist place to work, no hours because their over staffed. Too demanding & overall toxic environment.
Pros
co workers
Cons
everything else
horrible place to work.
bulk picker (Current Employee) –  easton paApril 18, 2015
First off this might sound very opinionated but these will be facts. I have worked for phillips for over a year now. Gave management that much bennifit of the dout so to speak. Management almost turns over just as much as employees. If you work in re-pack your good and you get 8 hours first shift gets 8 hours third shift 8 hours 2nd shift leaves when the picking for the night is done during the summer time the big dog shows hit and every night the ALWAYS under staffed by like 10 pickers have to move about 900 thousand to a million pounds of product. Most by hand. So they tell you when you come on shift is 4pm - 1230am monday through friday...again I have been here more then a year we have done that literally 6 times. On a normal day its 4pm - 330am or 4pm - 430am. And there is no lul ever unless your breaktime. You have to hit 45 locations a hour or they will harrass you and tell you that you are a bad worker and cant perform anything and then fire you. The tenured picker will bully you cut you off cause you are "slow" compaired to them. Favorites get everything they want its easy to hit 45 a hour when you are givin 140 location orders all night pulling cases of cans. now pickers like me do 20 location for 60 piece orders or like 5 for 15. 10 for 90 some days cat litter all day. Its the heaviest stuff we have but they dont want to hear it its numbers numbers numbers to management. Also way too many chiefs not enough indians. It goes picker, master trainer, bulk picking lead, supervisor, manager, then finally building manager. For one department........people are fun to work  more... with besides the ones that bully. Pto (paied time off) is ok but if you have 8 hours and get sick call out they automaticly take your 8 hours from you even if you dont want them to. Health insurance is 102 ever 2 week check for a single guy. Covers medical dental eye and life insurance. that is insane. If you get hurt and your a temp forget it you will be fired on the spot. Union has been trying to come in to help us out but the first vote had people that were not sopposed to vote so we will get a second. Hopefully this time more people will see the light and vote yes. Just stay away from this company at all costs.  less
Pros
none if you are a bulk picker
Cons
everything if you are a bulk picker
Extremely demanding, hostile atmosphere.
Shipping Manager (Former Employee) –  Plant City, FloridaMarch 21, 2014
Very haphazard and poorly run distribution center. They will tell you one thing and do another.
Cons
as a former shipping manager- i saw first hand: extremely high turnover of all personnel, lack of trust and respect throughout the organization.
Great growth potential!
Accounting (Current Employee) –  Easton, PA (Corporate Offices)February 10, 2014
Phillips has had its share of growing pains as any company that is in rapid growth mode. Many improvements have been made to the core of the company and if you are a hard worker and dedicated to the company you can really go far. Phillips by far does the most employee related events, luncheons, etc for all of its employees as a way of showing their appreciation.
Pros
employee events, great benefits, 401k, and pto
Avoid working here and you will be much happier.
sales/customer service (Current Employee) –  Easton PADecember 18, 2013
This company from top to bottom has major issues. The problems stem from many layers of management and the left hand doesn't know what the right is doing. We have high rates of turn over in warehouse positions (which increases mistakes).
Customer service is an ongoing issue. If you are in any truck driving or sales position and have contact with the customers, get ready for daily complaints of "How bad Phillips Is". These problems occur across all regions. These complaints will include high prices, out of stocks, mis picks, and poor service.
Phillips is not a fan of paying employees well either (this is probably due to private equity ownership and quite honestly management and ownerships complete lack of respect for their employees and thoughts that everybody is replaceable and usually at a lower pay scale). I can truly say that the co-workers I have contact with are all constantly looking for new employment and are not happy here.
One pleasant aspect is some of the co-workers are enjoyable to talk to or commiserate with essentially. I am sure if any management reads this they will just see it is a sour grapes employee with a bad experience. But alas when you walk around with an ego the size of Philadelphia and "think" you are the best and can do no wrong you will never improve. Which is why this is an abominable place to be employed.
Pros
benefits are average for a company of this size. vacation time is good as well as 401k.
Cons
compensation and overall daily experiences will drain you mentally.
Don't do it !!!
Pricing Analyst (Former Employee) –  PADecember 2, 2013
Terrible place to work. Employees who are supposed to train expect you to know everything already. If you make a mistake, they cry to management instead of trying to help you fix it. If they make a mistake, they blame the new hire. They expect you to learn everything to a "T" in less than 2 months.
Pros
fast paced
Cons
short learning window. attitudinal tenured employees.
Productive company with a ping pong table
Territory Sales Manager (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis,InOctober 31, 2013
review my list of businesses and visit each one of them throughout the day. I take orders and make sure of delivery by following up with a phone call or e-mail. I learn new and more productive ways to make my job easier and more productive...trial and error! I don't really have any interaction with my co-workers, they go their way and I go my way; our jobs don't intersect. The best part of my job, is fulfilling my objectives and making the customer happy. The worst part of the job, is when there is a mix up with ordering and delivery
Pros
free lunches, soda's and vacations
Cons
short breaks
Good Company with growing pains.
Office Manager (Former Employee) –  Spartanburg, SCOctober 24, 2013
A typical day at Phillips was never the same. That was what made the position I had so interesting. I did the same work but there was always something that would happen to keep things interesting and fun, even in the middle of a stressful challenge. I loved what I did and dealing with the various personalities from Executives to Managers to Supervisors to Customer Service to Sales People to Drivers and Warehouse Personnel to the customers. It was one of the most rewarding and fun positions I ever held and I was saddened when Corporate chose to do away with the position I held.
Pros
growing company with potential for advancement
Cons
none to really speak of
Job security if you break your back that's about it
Stick picker (Former Employee) –  Easton paMay 3, 2013
Not a bad place to work for security, not losing your job unless u are a complete boob! Management consists of complete boobs!!!!! If u are not a favorite u will get nowhere so get your knee pads ready!! I have never worked under more incompetent management in my life. Some of the supervisors are not to bad but the tree that grows above them is full of rotten fruit. If u are a stock picker as I was u better to be ready to be beaten down and berated for your low non competitive salary. Basically don't work here!
Pros
cheap dog food unless you are a temp then forget it.
Cons
just about everything except job security if u keep your mouth shut or have awsome knee pads
Good Company via benefits,money, and growth. Poor management
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Easton, PAJanuary 4, 2013
This company was an all around "good" place to work via money wise. The management needs to be evaluated.
Pros
good benefits
Cons
poor management
Great company!
CDL Class A- Driver (Former Employee) –  Lakeland, FLMarch 14, 2012
I loved the work place, employees were some of the nicest i have ever been around they made coming to work very enjoyable! I would encourage anyone to go to work for this company!
Pros
great company
Cons
great company

Comment – September 19, 2012

I worked for this company from March 2011 to October 2011, This was the best company I have ever worked for, the employees made it very laid back and The Supervisors and Managment were Top Notch, couldn't ask for a better group of people or a better company period!!!

2.8